Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

And back to the cider episode, is Oder like the beer of ponies? Either that or it just tastes real good cause I saw Cherylie take a sip, it was like fOr a second she was drunk. Just asking, cause they have made a few adult references in the show, cuz of the bronies

Looking at the way the Apples made it, Im pretty sure it's just normal apple cider, it takes longer than that to make alcoholic drinks. I guess it just tastes really good.

And back to the cider episode, is Oder like the beer of ponies? Either that or it just tastes real good cause I saw Cherylie take a sip, it was like fOr a second she was drunk. Just asking, cause they have made a few adult references in the show, cuz of the bronies

I believe it's the non-alcoholic variant and the ponies are just really excited about it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's no fun to imagine it is, and being British makes it twice as hilarious. Though in all honesty, the chanting and the absolute obsession with it makes everyone in Ponyville look like a massive alcoholic.Now, as for the pony version of alcohol, salt is where it's at.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Eeyup, it's non-alcoholic cider. :PAlso, I just heard the Dutch version of the Cutie Mark Crusaders theme from The Show Stoppers.By the Gods...Where the English version is so bad it's awesome, the Dutch version is so bad it's horrible.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I might be interested in reading some FiM fan-fiction. So far I've only watched official episodes, and I want to get into some of the fan-made stuff.Is there anything out there that is similar to official canon, but features background ponies, or ponies who only appeared once or twice? And I don't want to read any mature content.EDIT: I'll be watching "Read it and Weep" tonight. I'm excited to see it.

Edited by Fantasia

Looks like iTunes leaked the latest episode "Hearts and Hooves" why I don't know why. "The Last Roundup" is still down sadly.

So retarded that Derpy's scene insulted People! I saw a video of the fanvoice of Derpy/Ditzy, and she made a very valid point! She said people over care for the disablitied, and that they can't make jokes about themselves. The way I see it, Derpy is not mentally retarded! She is simply absent minded, and a bit of a klutz. People thought that Derpy was a stereotism about the retarded, and how "derp" is an insulting word! We all derp! But then again, this hasn't been official, and we should wait and write polite and straight to the point emails to hasbro about how bronies and pegasisters feel about this, that was how SOPA stopped

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Looks like iTunes leaked the latest episode "Hearts and Hooves" why I don't know why. "The Last Roundup" is still down sadly.

So retarded that Derpy's scene insulted People! I saw a video of the fanvoice of Derpy/Ditzy, and she made a very valid point! She said people over care for the disablitied, and that they can't make jokes about themselves. The way I see it, Derpy is not mentally retarded! She is simply absent minded, and a bit of a klutz. People thought that Derpy was a stereotism about the retarded, and how "derp" is an insulting word! We all derp! But then again, this hasn't been official, and we should wait and write polite and straight to the point emails to hasbro about how bronies and pegasisters feel about this, that was how SOPA stopped
The irony of you throwing around the word "retarded" when discussing a controversy that erupted over supposed stereotyping of the mentally-challenged is quite strong. While people offended by Derpy might be overreacting, using the word "retarded" as a generic insult could offend people even more, and for good reason. And being slightly offended myself, I'd advise against using that word in that way.Now, from what I've heard, Hasbro has no intention of changing Derpy's name or eliminating her from future episodes, and I believe the whole fracas regarding episodes getting taken down from iTunes and merchandise names being changed was just an instance of Hasbro's various arms trying to play it safe while they waited for the head to agree on a course of action. That course of action, evidently, was to restore everything to how it was before, so while the initial reaction worried a lot of people it didn't end up amounting to anything in the long run. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

That was ... a very strange episode. The Pepe le Pew reference makes a comeback, this time with Big Macintosh.It bothered me that they said "very special somepony" the entire episode. Scootaloo said "girlfriend" once, so it's not like they don't have other, less cumbersome titles to use in their ponyverse ...But why weren't the CMC going for a matchmakers' cutie mark, or something? Have they given up all hope? :cry:

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Is there anything out there that is similar to official canon, but features background ponies, or ponies who only appeared once or twice? And I don't want to read any mature content.

Hmmm...Progress is a very goofy story that focuses on Luna - a lot of comedies reference it, so it might be good to know if you start looking into that. It's pretty sweet (and definitely not mature).Geez...I'm looking through some story lists now and when we get into background ponies everything good (at least of what I've read so far) seems to be either a Doctor Who crossover or a shipping fic, which strays pretty far from the feel of the official canon. Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Is there anything out there that is similar to official canon, but features background ponies, or ponies who only appeared once or twice? And I don't want to read any mature content.

Hmmm...Progress is a very goofy story that focuses on Luna - a lot of comedies reference it, so it might be good to know if you start looking into that. It's pretty sweet (and definitely not mature).Geez...I'm looking through some story lists now and when we get into background ponies everything good (at least of what I've read so far) seems to be either a Doctor Who crossover or a shipping fic, which strays pretty far from the feel of the official canon.
Bubbles is said...but beautiful, it's a fanfic about Derpy/Ditzy I suggest reading it! Also, there is a fan series called Doctor Whooves and his assistant, but it's somewhat based off of the cannon story with the doc and Derpy/Ditzy either helping the plot move, or explain certain things like why Derpy went north, or how the windagos came to the pony world.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Hmmm...Progress is a very goofy story that focuses on Luna - a lot of comedies reference it, so it might be good to know if you start looking into that. It's pretty sweet (and definitely not mature).
Yes, Progress is simply smashing. On the subject of stuff involving background ponies, I'd recommend Harpflank and Sweets, It Takes a Village, and possibly Anthropology.~Keizah, signing out!~ Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

The irony of you throwing around the word "retarded" when discussing a controversy that erupted over supposed stereotyping of the mentally-challenged is quite strong. While people offended by Derpy might be overreacting, using the word "retarded" as a generic insult could offend people even more, and for good reason. And being slightly offended myself, I'd advise against using that word in that way.Now, from what I've heard, Hasbro has no intention of changing Derpy's name or eliminating her from future episodes, and I believe the whole fracas regarding episodes getting taken down from iTunes and merchandise names being changed was just an instance of Hasbro's various arms trying to play it safe while they waited for the head to agree on a course of action. That course of action, evidently, was to restore everything to how it was before, so while the initial reaction worried a lot of people it didn't end up amounting to anything in the long run.

Yeah, it was just a bunch of people on another site that like to overreact to everything and try to make conflicts out of anything. It's sad really. I always took the word Derpy as another word for goofy. Yet those people insinuated that it meant mentally handicapped. Which is annoying cause there's a list of relatively normal words like dumb or stupid that those group of people freak out about. In the end I'm glad nothing bad really happened and they ignored that vocal minority that probably just watches the show so they can complain about what they find wrong with it.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

That was an odd episode, but I loved it. A little disappointed they didn't say "Cute Mark Crusaders Matchmakers GO!", not even once.

I was glad they didn't. It showed they were doing it for Cheerilee, and not for themselves.Also, we finally got more Sweetie-song! And a great song at that.I lol'd so hard at the jelly pony

jlovfkk.jpg

Meh, as far as the whole "Derpy" issue goes; I see Derpy like I see Goofy, Dopey (Snow White) or any silly character. They're just goofy, ditzy, air-headed and a whole lot of fun. I'm pretty spacey myself, and I always get yelled at when I mess up. It's nice to see someone who can screw up and just laugh it off or shrug like it's nothing. Heck, I wish I was more like Derpy in that respect. D=Anyway, as far as the new episode goes;

Doctor Whooves made me lol. The jelly pony... he be climbin' yo' windows, snatching yo' fillies up! D=Seriously, he gave me the willies... O.eAnd I actually liked the premise behind the episode. I've seen people judge others by whether or not they're in a relationship... It gets really annoying really fast, though seeing children act that way seems a little more logical.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Yeah, it was just a bunch of people on another site that like to overreact to everything and try to make conflicts out of anything. It's sad really. I always took the word Derpy as another word for goofy. Yet those people insinuated that it meant mentally handicapped. Which is annoying cause there's a list of relatively normal words like dumb or stupid that those group of people freak out about. In the end I'm glad nothing bad really happened and they ignored that vocal minority that probably just watches the show so they can complain about what they find wrong with it.

Interestingly enough the word dumb was a medical term along with moron, imbecile, and the filtered by "cool dude". Dumb refered to people who were mute. In fact, the first deaf school in America was called The American Asylum for The Education of the Deaf and Dumb trying getting away with a school name like that today. (It should also be noted that psychopath meant anyone who couldn't feel empathy unfortunately autistic and asperger's people fell under this category). Imbecile, moron, and "cool dude" haven't really changed much from their original meaning (someone with a low IQ 75 or lower). Arguable retarded may enter the common vernacular as slang and lose it's original meaning in a medical sense.Anyway back on topic, Ponies! Don't expect me to watch Hearts and Hooves until Saturday, so Don't pm me about it.Edit: Watched the first episode of Death Note today and the moment when the Shinigami ate Light's apples I instantly completely understood the reference in MLP. Now I know I'll never tick off Pinkie Pie. Edited by muharax makuta of insanity

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Interestingly enough the word dumb was a medical term along with moron, imbecile, and the filtered by "cool dude". Dumb refered to people who were mute. In fact, the first deaf school in America was called The American Asylum for The Education of the Deaf and Dumb trying getting away with a school name like that today. (It should also be noted that psychopath meant anyone who couldn't feel empathy unfortunately autistic and asperger's people fell under this category). Imbecile, moron, and "cool dude" haven't really changed much from their original meaning (someone with a low IQ 75 or lower). Arguable retarded may enter the common vernacular as slang and lose it's original meaning in a medical sense.

Well I kind of already knew what dumb referred to. There's a point though that being too politically correct goes too far that it starts hampering everything. The reality is there is a line between not respecting people's differences and simply not having thick enough skin. I mean if I can't say the word dumb without someone freaking out this is a planet I really don't want to live on anymore. Those people were looking for conflict, they hardly actually carry about their subject. They are just a vocal minority that was stirring up trouble, basically they are the kind of people that cause trouble just to do it. Basically a roundabout way of trolling the MLP fanbase.Yeah, I'll be waiting till Saturday as well.I wonder if there has been a crossover comedy with Charlie the Unicorn and MLP. Cause if not I'm going to be probably doing that one."I can't figure out whether you're adorable or creepy."(Few minutes later) "I'm going to go with creepy."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Anyway back on topic, Ponies! Don't expect me to watch Hearts and Hooves until Saturday, so Don't pm me about it.

I'm waiting for H&HD until Saturday as well. :P

Oh good, I'm not the only one. :PAll these spoiler boxes are killing me, though... I'm so tempted to click them. DX
I'm waiting to watch... But I've read the boxes. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Anyway back on topic, Ponies! Don't expect me to watch Hearts and Hooves until Saturday, so Don't pm me about it.

I'm waiting for H&HD until Saturday as well. :P

Oh good, I'm not the only one. :PAll these spoiler boxes are killing me, though... I'm so tempted to click them. DX
I'm waiting to watch... But I've read the boxes. XD
Same, simply because I anticipate that this will be a big episode for Sweetie Belle. :P

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I'm definitely waiting. As tempting as it is, and as frustrating as my little brother can be when we watch the show together, I plan to watch the full marathon tomorrow morning in the hopes that my parents might drop in for part of it and learn what it is about the show that makes my brothers and I like it so much.EDIT: When does the marathon start, anyway? I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Edited by Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, I may break down and get some... McPonies, or whatever we're going to call them. If they look decent, y'know, might as well.Can't wait till tomorrow for the new episode. No reading spoilers for me!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Yeah, I may break down and get some... McPonies, or whatever we're going to call them. If they look decent, y'know, might as well.Can't wait till tomorrow for the new episode. No reading spoilers for me!Kalhiki

Arguably, the McDonalds ones are better than the blind bag ponies in some ways, since all of the Mane Six are available and they all have unique manes. Of course, Applejack still lacks her hat, and many of the cutie marks are simplified considerably from their "official" appearance.