Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

So who else dreams of this becoming a reality? Granted, it'd take a miracle since TLG and Hasbro are competitors, but it'd still be amazing to behold. Certainly far better than most the official pony toys in many ways.As my brother mentioned in the comments, it'd be just as good as a Duplo theme as it would as a System theme. Although in Duplo there might be safety considerations that could require changing the product a bit.

I. Want. So. Bad.That would be the BEST POSSIBLE THING.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

So I gave up videos for Lent and couldn't see the latest episode.Although unfortunate (I considered making an exception just for MLP episodes), I guess it'll just be amazing to dig into the MLP backlog I'll have when Easter comes. :happydance:

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

Wow, haven't been here in years. :mellow:I finally got up to date with Season 2, so far my favourite episode is absolutely The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 (I can actually remember the name?). Flim and Flam are my favourite antagonists so far, even beating (sorry) Discord. I have yet to watch Putting your Hoof Down, but I heard that it was great, so I may watch it today through my Xbox 360. ^_^ I want to give a brohoof to every brony from here. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/embarassed.gif

Do not trust corrupted memories.

So I was watching some Powerpuff Girls reruns on Boomerang and noticed that the episode "Keen on Keane" shows an amazing likeness to "Hearts and Hooves Day". It's uncanny. It revolves around the three girls setting up their teacher with a relative on valentine's day. Sound familiar? Like seriously, a good amount of the dialogue follows the same pattern, and a lot of the nicknames Ms. Keane and Professor Utonium end up using are the same Mac and Cheerilee do, too. And since it was one of the episodes Lauren Faust helped direct, I am forever assuming HaHD was done at least partly as a tribute.That is all.

AXKP5KC.png

So I was watching some Powerpuff Girls reruns on Boomerang and noticed that the episode "Keen on Keane" shows an amazing likeness to "Hearts and Hooves Day". It's uncanny. It revolves around the three girls setting up their teacher with a relative on valentine's day. Sound familiar? Like seriously, a good amount of the dialogue follows the same pattern, and a lot of the nicknames Ms. Keane and Professor Utonium end up using are the same Mac and Cheerilee do, too. And since it was one of the episodes Lauren Faust helped direct, I am forever assuming HaHD was done at least partly as a tribute.That is all.

Funny I made this same connection before the episode was aired. I don't think I can find the quote though.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I got to watch five epsiodes of Season 2 earlier tonight. I missed a lot of episodes this season, and I've been trying to catch up.

Putting Your Hoof Down Iron Will is an awesome antagonist. I love his voice, and I thought the music and the pyrotechnics at his seminar were epic. I honestly didn't find Fluttershy's behavior very disturbing until she started insulting Pinkie Pie and Rarity, but it was great to see how they made up. The episode had a good ending.Luna Eclipsed This is a great and funny episode. I wish Luna would appear in other episodes. The interactions between Luna and Fluttershy were especially hilarious.Sisterhooves Social Rarity isn't my favorite pony, but this was a touching tale of how to be a good sibling. I don't know why, but it never occurred to me that Applejack and Rarity had switched places during the race. It took me completely by surprise, which made it more emotional.The Cutie PoxThis probably was my least favorite of the five I watched, because I prefer episodes featuring the Mane Six. This episode started slow, but once the Cutie Pox kicked in, it was quite funny and entertaining.May the Best Pet WinThis was my favorite episode I watched. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's singing duet was so awesome. I loved it. I just love this whole episode.

I watched Fighting is Magic videos for an hour and a half today. @_@I love the music. Fluttershy's stare is lol.

I'd already heard all the music before the livestream, but I was rather impressed by the voice acting. The Twilight and Pinkie voices are almost dead-on accurate. And yes, Fluttershy crashing the chat was funny, but also clever; I'm sure all the Fluttershy fans are going crazy from the anticipation. :D

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Finally, the blind bags (Wave 3, our first wave) have hit my hometown.I only need Lyra Heartstrings and a couple of the special edition ponies...On an unrelated note, a DJ just played the long, unused version of "Hop Skip and a Jump" for me. :P

Edited by Heliophobia

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, who's exciting for the season finale?

Twilight's bro is gettin' married.... apparently she has a brother.

That's glorious.Actually,

Shining Armor's cutie mark resembles Twilight's.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, who's exciting for the season finale?

Twilight's bro is gettin' married.... apparently she has a brother.

That's glorious.Actually,

Shining Armor's cutie mark resembles Twilight's.

wutThat sounds amazing.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

The only reason I don't like the season finale is that it means that the season will end. :(That said, I'm intrigued by the plot of it, and I'm sure that the FiM team will make it awesome.(Didn't Daniel Ingram say at one point that there was going to be a song in the season finale? I think I remember that.)

Edited by Phobophobia

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Wave 3 Blind Bag #22 Heartstrings <Codename: Lyra> acquired.

f9Qcky7.png

Wave 3 Blind Bag #22 Heartstrings <Codename: Lyra> acquired.

I steadfastly refuse to get any version of Heartstrings until Hasbro releases a Bon Bon to accompany her.That, and I haven't even invested in any mane ponies yet. We have to cross that bridge before I start considering background ponies.But my birthday's coming up! So I'm hoping for either the Pony School Pals and Cheerilee set which includes Cheerilee (obviously) and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, or the Royal Castle Friends set with Twilight, Spike, and Celestia (along with Twilight's "Big Crown Thingy!"). I've decided that the best ponies to collect would be the standard-size brushable "Playful Ponies", considering the new ones revealed at Toy Fair which include Nightmare Moon, DJ Pon-3, Trixie (Lulamoon... whatever), and Zecora. Not to mention that even being a guy, I am consistently in awe of some of the methods fans devise for styling the ponies' hair like it appears in the show.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Since I'm a bit lazy when it comes to styling my ponies' manes, I keep them like they were in their packaging. :PDash's mane without styling looks like her wet mane pic, so yeah. ;)Gotta say, my Fluttershy's mane and tail were styled pretty nicely in-package.

f9Qcky7.png

I'm happy Depry is back.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I'm happy Depry is back.

*DerpyWell, even if they were to eliminate her from future episodes, they probably couldn't have changed this latest one in time for it to air. But yeah, the crew has confirmed that she will continue appearing as the same derpy-eyed background pony we all know and love. They'll probably just avoid making the mistake of giving her a speaking role again.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So, MLP (along with TF:P) toys are coming to McDonalds this Friday.Yeah, I'm breaking down and getting them.I think it's two new ones each week for four weeks is how it's planned out.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

yes yes yes oh yesShiropoint's (The Driver here on BZP, although he isn't active anymore) "Strive Like Applejack" beat SHED.MOV in the top 10 pony videos of February.

f9Qcky7.png

Has anyone ever thought of elementalizing friendship? There's just the proper amount of ponies for an MOC Toa team. Then again, how in the world could you pull off Pinkie Pie? Or Twilight? Or even Rarity? Woe to the limitations of Technic colors!

Twilight has a brother? And it's possibly to be a two-parter? Well, I guess it's still only possibly to be. But I'm not really bating my breath. It'll be good, certainly--and Pinkie Pie at a wedding? Oh, yes!--but I'm not especially intrigued. I'm more excited about the next two episodes, "Dragon Quest" especially. I love all the episodes about Spike, and this should be no exception.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

The Mickey D's promotion is upon us once more? Better look up pictures somehow (or just wait on my next visit to catch a glimpse of the display stand).Regardless, I'm willing to hold my collecting urges as of now. I'm thinking I'll have the chance of picking them up through the thrift stores after the fact, but given that I've not seen anything of last year's toys at Goodwill or anything like that, I may need to rethink my stragedy.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

So, for McPonies, there's the mane six, and two others. One looks like Cheerilee (correct me if I'm wrong), but who's the other one? The pegasis?Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

*Unsure whether to laugh at the Ponies toys or to hide from the people buying them* Ok, I like MLP, but not that much. Also, I generally detest McDonalds food.

Same, I can't stand the merchandise, though... I suppose it's all about having a physical placeholder, rather than images on a screen.

yes yes yes oh yes Shiropoint's (The Driver here on BZP, although he isn't active anymore) "Strive Like Applejack" beat SHED.MOV in the top 10 pony videos of February.

Yay! I hate the .mov series.
... lol. Shad, you kid yourself. xD(jk)-Skar