Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I've only read a Fanfic called 'Number 12', which was a Dr. Whooves fic with Weeping AngelsPegasi.

First one I ever read on Ponies. Right after that, I got into Doctor Who. Anyways, I haven't read Cupcakes. On the one hand, being afraid of that is kinda hypocrisy, as the difference between Pinkamena Diane Pie and the Brutal General Rain Silves is that one is a psychopath who eats other people, and is actually quite fuzzy and cute... and the other is a pony. But I just don't think I have the heart to see Ponies put through that. Rain was made to be messed up. My Little Pony... not so much. I just don't think I could take it.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

So yeah, to change the subject from disturbing fanfictions ... how 'bout dat Luna tomorrow

I'm confused about her mane change. A leaked image that was released earlier in the year showed Luna in a cape, but with her old mane. Now with the new screenshots coming out, she has a Celestia-like mane.

I like both of them either way, I just wanted to know why/how it got changed - or if there's an explanation.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Brony Zebra Pegasisters of Wide Equestrian Realms BZPoWER.

+1 internet for you sir. Also, A Dog and Pony Show was the best (and contributes to Rarity being my favorite.) HE CALLED MY UGLY!The only fanfics I've read so far is the "Elements of Gaming" one, which I'm only halfway through. I might read some more soon, but I'm trying to hold off from writing any (though I'm fairly good at writing if I want to, so I can't guarantee that. :P)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Sweetness, just seen the previews for episode 4 on that evil video hosting site that must never be named. Zecora returns, finally, as well as the most British pony ever, from Trottingham.

What?? What's this video called? I saw another one on another site we can't mention.E: Never mind, found it. Edited by Sweetie Belle

I finished watching all episodes of Season 1. (and, by extension, all of the current episodes of season 2) Some episodes were meh, quite a few were great. Well, guess I wait for the next episode. Like the rest of you guys.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

BRITISH PONY YAY! lol Tommow is gonna be great. Finally, some Luna... and Zecora. And Pipsqueak. Oh gods, he is so adorable. And I almost never say that about kids.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Hey, does anybody get how the pony surname system works? Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big MacIntosh, and Granny Smith are all in the Apple family, even if only two of them have Apple as part of their name. The Cutie Mark Chronicles says that they're related to the Oranges. But people talk about Twilight Sparkle as if Twilight is her first name, and Sparkle is her last name.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm not sure there really is a surname system; ponies just give their kids names, one word or two. First names or nicknames are used in casual conversation, and if they only have a one-word name, with a prefix for formal address, like in how Dog and Pony Show Rarity told the Diamond Dogs to address her as Miss/Rarity/Miss Rarity. The second name is used with a prefix in cases of formal address, like in the case of "Miss Sparkle," or in conjunction with the first name the rest of the time. The full name can be used in casual conversation, like in the cases of Rainbow Dash and sometimes Pinkie Pie; with Twi it's normally just Twilight/Twi. tl;dr ponies are weird. Also:

• [*]Twilight: Twilight/Twi; formally, Miss Sparkle[*]Applejack: Applejack/AJ[*]Rainbow Dash: Rainbow Dash/Rainbow/Dash/Dashie[*]Rarity: Rarity/Rares (only Dash, though, and I think that was a fic anyway)[*]Pinkie: Pinkie Pie/Pinkie; rarely, Pinkamena Diane Pie[*]Fluttershy: Fluttershy/Flootershy ( :P)

Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Dude I love the CMC. They're so cute and the episodes they're in have all been favourites of mine.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Hey, does anybody get how the pony surname system works? Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big MacIntosh, and Granny Smith are all in the Apple family, even if only two of them have Apple as part of their name. The Cutie Mark Chronicles says that they're related to the Oranges. But people talk about Twilight Sparkle as if Twilight is her first name, and Sparkle is her last name.

I just assume that some families develop naming traditions (such as AJ's family having an apple theme), while others don't. When marrying into one of these families, a mare may sometimes change her name to honour the tradition, adopting a part of her husband's name. EDIT: Maybe the Apple family is also descended from a broader fruit-farming line of ponies, hence their relation to the Oranges. Over time, each generation's talents became more specific as the population grew. Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231