Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

So my dad is not cool with me being a brony

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Is he concerned about your mascuality or something? I guess in some people it would be understandable, but it's not a good sign if he gets visibly upset over it. No offence to your father, but that usually isn't a thing one wants to see happen.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Is he concerned about your mascuality or something? I guess in some people it would be understandable, but it's not a good sign if he gets visibly upset over it. No offence to your father, but that usually isn't a thing one wants to see happen.
I don't think he is upset and and only said once recently to stop wearing that link pony on your belt, and says people gave me weird reactions. I told my dad to Love and tolerate the fact I'm a brony, and I'm sure he is still confused to all of this. I think he is more concerned about my self esteem than machoness since my dad cares for me deeply and doesn't care about what makes a "man" or not.. Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I explained what a brony was to my parents when Stephen Colbert gave us another shoutout on his show a few nights ago (then smirked when he said that he didn't know what a brony was [he's totally one]), and there where highly concerned that any male for any reason would ever watch My Little Pony.I guess I'm staying in the brony-closet for a little while longer.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh, it's definitely for the little tykes.It's just that Studio B treats the little ones much more intelligently than other studios tend to treat their core audiences.And the parental bonuses are awesome. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

My parents found out about "bronyism" when they went through the Sky+ box and found a couple of episodes I'd forgotten to delete. It was a little uncomfortable, as a really awkward silence followed. I then got the "If you're gay, there's no need to hide it" talk, which was...Just a bit inappropriate, given a cartoon isn't any kind of indicator.But besides from that, they've just kind of ignored it. I think they feel too awkward to bring it up. Well, except for that one time my mum decided to tell my sister. More awkward silences followed.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I don't really think it matters if anyone who watches MLP is gay or not. Let's just stop the conversation about types of marriage and move on, please.Anyway, I haven't had a hard time with revealing I'm a Brony. My school is swarming with them, so it's not too surprising to anypony else to find another one. My parents were originally confused by it, and my dad still teases me about it sometimes, but for the most part, they don't care. I've pretty much completely come out of the closet without any sort of trouble, and that's a good thing. Granted, of course, I live in Utah, which is really different from anywhere else, so of course I'm not going to have a hard time. :P

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

The best way that I've found is to hint at it over time, then increase the amount of revelation bit by bit. For example, you casually mention that you've heard about Bronies, then you hang one of those McPonies that was released not too long ago on your pack (or whatever you carry around with you most of the day), then eventually reveal you're a Brony. If you reveal it all at once, people won't react well. If you reveal it bit by bit, people won't actually be upset about it, mostly because you've been dropping hints about it for some time.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I don't really think it matters if anyone who watches MLP is gay or not. Let's just stop the conversation about types of marriage and move on, please.

Nobody mentioned marriage.And nobody in my family knows my love for ponies or even knows what a brony is. My brother might know but I kinda doubt it. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't care.The only reason why I haven't told them yet is because my bronydom is directly tied in with the fact that I've completely come out as trans online but not in real life. I could tell them that I like the show but I can't show them the art or music I have made or even my identity online because I've got everything set to 'female' and it would be extremely awkward to come out as transsexual who likes a show for little girls all at once.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Guys.... I found a finale spoiler! Not a big a one, but still...

Rarity catches the bouquet!

I don't really think it matters if anyone who watches MLP is gay or not. Let's just stop the conversation about types of marriage and move on, please.

Nobody mentioned marriage.And nobody in my family knows my love for ponies or even knows what a brony is. My brother might know but I kinda doubt it. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't care.The only reason why I haven't told them yet is because my bronydom is directly tied in with the fact that I've completely come out as trans online but not in real life. I could tell them that I like the show but I can't show them the art or music I have made or even my identity online because I've got everything set to 'female' and it would be extremely awkward to come out as transsexual who likes a show for little girls all at once.
Don't you mean transgender?

And nobody in my family knows my love for ponies or even knows what a brony is. My brother might know but I kinda doubt it. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't care.The only reason why I haven't told them yet is because my bronydom is directly tied in with the fact that I've completely come out as trans online but not in real life. I could tell them that I like the show but I can't show them the art or music I have made or even my identity online because I've got everything set to 'female' and it would be extremely awkward to come out as transsexual who likes a show for little girls all at once.

Is there really that much of a difference?

G A Y   A S   H E C K

I know how you feel. I mentioned earlier about my parents giving me "the talk" and it was even more awkward, because I am actually bi. I just didn't confess then because I didn't want them to think the two were related. Of course, I know transsexuality is a much bigger thing than just being bi, but I'm just saying is all.

LzcD9OS.png

And nobody in my family knows my love for ponies or even knows what a brony is. My brother might know but I kinda doubt it. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't care.The only reason why I haven't told them yet is because my bronydom is directly tied in with the fact that I've completely come out as trans online but not in real life. I could tell them that I like the show but I can't show them the art or music I have made or even my identity online because I've got everything set to 'female' and it would be extremely awkward to come out as transsexual who likes a show for little girls all at once.

Is there really that much of a difference?
One is getting a sex change, the other isn't. =P

Well, it'd help if I actually knew these people. I just see them in shirts every now and again. I can't walk up to a random group of people and just announce I watch the same cartoon as them. :P

If you see one wearing a Pony shirt just say casually "nice shirt". Be careful, though. You wouldn't want to sound like you're teasing them.So, yeah. Pretty much everyone in my family knows. Parents and brother enjoy the show, sisters are a little confused. Three friends know, one being a fan (I think he still is), one being familiar with the show, and the other refuses to become a Brony.So, back to my sisters. They think it's weird I watch MLP, but they don't find it odd that they (who are both in their twenties) can watch Yo Gabba Gabba.Wut? Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Well, it'd help if I actually knew these people. I just see them in shirts every now and again. I can't walk up to a random group of people and just announce I watch the same cartoon as them. :P

If you see one wearing a Pony shirt just say casually "nice shirt". Be careful, though. You wouldn't want to sound like you're teasing them.So, yeah. Pretty much everyone in my family knows. Parents and brother enjoy the show, sisters are a little confused. Three friends know, one being a fan (I think he still is), one being familiar with the show, and the other refuses to become a Brony.So, back to my sisters. They think it's weird I watch MLP, but they don't find it odd that they (who are both in their twenties) can watch Yo Gabba Gabba.Wut? Kalhiki
Girls can do anything and it isn't weird. :PI just don't wanna come out as a brony, for fear of teasing, and me saying stuff back. It wouldn't end well. :/

If you see one wearing a Pony shirt just say casually "nice shirt". Be careful, though. You wouldn't want to sound like you're teasing them.
I've offered high fives. Interaction never extended past that. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I don't hide it. :) My mother's fine with just about anything I do and watch.It was surprising to her though, given the fact that she knows I'm not into the older generations at all. :P(Oh well, as long as she knows there's no connection between me liking MLP and me wanting to wear feminine clothing, it's all good. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png)

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I don't hide it. :) My mother's fine with just about anything I do and watch.It was surprising to her though, given the fact that she knows I'm not into the older generations at all. :P(Oh well, as long as she knows there's no connection between me liking MLP and me wanting to wear feminine clothing, it's all good. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png)

Wait, aren't you guys crossdressers, too?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Wait, aren't you guys crossdressers, too?
Just me, afaik. xD

f9Qcky7.png

It turns out some stereotypes have a factual basisWeird right. (Noope)My family doesn't care about me being a brony. I wouldn't care if they did either.

Yeah, I actually promote most stereotypes.Eh, this is getting off topic. Edited by Rarity