Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I guess I can see how this show gained popularity, but then it's gonna end some day, and all y'all are gonna forget about it as fast as you got into it.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Like Bionicle, the MLP fanbase is creative enough that it should continue to exist in some form long after the TV series ends. For that matter, a large number of the fans are more interested in the fan-created content than the show itself, so some parts of the fandom might not change at all.Also, thank you for contributing to the conversation! ^_^ Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Alright guys, I think I'm slowly becoming a Brony. I used to hate the franchise with a passion, but there's something so irresistible about the art and voices and stuff :PSo I thought I'd ask you lot what episode(s) you'd recommend for a new Brony? Because it's a somewhat daunting task to watch who-knows-how-much episodes.

Alright guys, I think I'm slowly becoming a Brony. I used to hate the franchise with a passion, but there's something so irresistible about the art and voices and stuff :PSo I thought I'd ask you lot what episode(s) you'd recommend for a new Brony? Because it's a somewhat daunting task to watch who-knows-how-much episodes.

I just started from the beginning, and went all the way through. :PBut if your looking for specific episodes, I'd say start with Dragonshy and Sonic Rainboom.Winter Wrap-Up after you've warmed up a bit.
jlovfkk.jpg

PONIESPONIES EVERYWHERE.I have become way too obsessed with this show.Also Fluttershy is best pony.Also, Bionicle has been ponified. You know it's awesome.

We have ponified everything now days,But that is preatty awesome!We even got a rule for that no? rule 68? if it exists,there is a ponified version of it? lawl EDIT:did I just reply to somthing written monthes ago?! omg,super fail... :dead: Edited by Toa Doublebee

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Well after watching Sonic Rainboom I like Rainbow Dash more than I did, but as for Applejack, she was really encouraging towards Fluttershy in that episode, whereas everyone else was just kind of 'Oh she's slowing us down'. Plus I like her voice and hat (cowboy hats are cool) :PAlthough Fluttershy is easily the cutest XD

We have ponified everything now days,But that is preatty awesome!We even got a rule for that no? rule 68? if it exists,there is a ponified version of it? lawl EDIT:did I just reply to somthing written monthes ago?!omg,super fail... :dead:

Looool yup. I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. :PAnd yeah, Bronies call that Rule 68. I've collected a lot of crossovers over time. Funny stuff.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I guess I can see how this show gained popularity, but then it's gonna end some day, and all y'all are gonna forget about it as fast as you got into it.

People have said similar things about Star Wars, Star Trek, BIONICLE, and a lot of other fanbases.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I haven't been here in a looong time, so apologies if this is already posted, but there's a rather good MLP project on Lego Cuusoo at the moment. It looks as though it clocked up 1000 supporters or more in its first month!http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11176I'm honestly not sure how the licensing would work (being owned by Hasbro and all), but if this gets to 10 000 and Lego really can get ahold of the rights... good for them!

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Winter Wrap-Up is what I blame for getting me into this show. My friend was going on about how he'd just started watching it and how it was better than he expected and, heavily irritated, I decided to do some research on it, perhaps out of curiosity, perhaps to find some ways to mock him, I forget. I then discovered Doctor Whooves and, instantly curious, was directed to a scene he appeared in. Winter Wrap-Up. That song melted my heart like fire to ice.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Winter Wrap-Up is what I blame for getting me into this show. My friend was going on about how he'd just started watching it and how it was better than he expected and, heavily irritated, I decided to do some research on it, perhaps out of curiosity, perhaps to find some ways to mock him, I forget. I then discovered Doctor Whooves and, instantly curious, was directed to a scene he appeared in. Winter Wrap-Up. That song melted my heart like fire to ice.

"It is a futile quest to outdo a brony. The dying ember of hate will never be match for the all-encompassing firestorm of love and tolerance."

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Heh, I know I'm late to this, but I was just looking through the previous page and the discussion on whether ponies or Bionicle is more of a deterrent to girls...I'd say it really depends on the girl. If she's spent a reasonable amount of time on the Internet, it's likely that she'd be familiar with bronies and see that as a relatively normal thing, whereas collecting Lego as an adult might be weird. Then again, she might be a tomboy who hates anything pink and conventionally girly, sooo... yeah. It's pretty much impossible to speak for women in general, and I know I wouldn't really be deterred by either.That said, I DO have a story of a guy who seemed to fancy me being deterred by ponies. It wasn't in real life, thankfully- It was right here on BZP. He'd been following me around, sending me PMs about random things, and posting in topics immediately after I'd posted (even if he clearly knew/cared nothing about the topic in question)- it was seriously weirding me out, but he wasn't doing anything outright creepy, so I couldn't report it. Anyway, he followed me in here and made some ridiculous claim that if MLP made references to one of his favourite movies/shows, he'd become a brony. It was then pointed out that MLP contained references to half the things he'd mentioned, and he started trying to deny all of them. And then he went even weirder and started speaking in Fancy... and then he ran away, and never bothered me again. YAY! Happy ending!

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

"It is a futile quest to outdo a brony. The dying ember of hate will never be match for the all-encompassing firestorm of love and tolerance."
Aye, it was a terrible idea to attempt to oppose the show. I just got sucked further in.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

That said, I DO have a story of a guy who seemed to fancy me being deterred by ponies. It wasn't in real life, thankfully- It was right here on BZP. He'd been following me around, sending me PMs about random things, and posting in topics immediately after I'd posted (even if he clearly knew/cared nothing about the topic in question)- it was seriously weirding me out, but he wasn't doing anything outright creepy, so I couldn't report it. Anyway, he followed me in here and made some ridiculous claim that if MLP made references to one of his favourite movies/shows, he'd become a brony. It was then pointed out that MLP contained references to half the things he'd mentioned, and he started trying to deny all of them. And then he went even weirder and started speaking in Fancy... and then he ran away, and never bothered me again. YAY! Happy ending!

I think I remember him, didn't he say bronies destroyed his website and I think I still remember his name. Anyway great to have you back I missed you.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Well, today is my birthday, and there is only one way to celebrate it: With ponies. That is going to become a new tradition. I even got a Pinkie Pie present today!

Happy birthday! :)Watch out for the Pinkie in the cake. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Happy birthday Zok!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

So, any speculations about what Candence's secret is?Also, the voice of Jaller is voicing Shining Armor!!!! This pleases me!

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis