Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

(I was kidding, btw.) I'm a totally straight brony.Hey, which do you think makes a guy less desirable to women? BIONICLE or Friendship is Magic?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Oh God! It's return of the Brony sterotypes! AHHHG!

Well, given our location, we're also the Bionicle stereotypes. :P
I didn't even know there was Bionicle fan stereotypes. :P
There are now. :PWell, as far as my experience goes, they're both pretty undesirable to women. Although that might just be me. :PBut, no, I reckon Bionicle is the least desirable. At least there's a chance they might find MLP cute. Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

FiM.Bionicle actually gets you women. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png(not really)So, guys, what do you enjoy more, Bionicle, or FiM?

QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, OH SO MANY QUESTIONS. As far as the community goes, I'm going to have to say FiM. Even though I was really a part of the Bionicle community for about... three full years, I'm going to have to say the Brony community has been more... friendly? Happy? It's something the Bionicle community isn't, so I'll leave it at that. As far as story and merchandise goes... I think Bionicle. The toys were something I could actually play with, and create with as well. MLP just isn't. The story line was just so diverse too, so huge; and I could actually comprehend it, so I knew what was going on through the years.FiM is great by itself, its toyline... not so much. It's the show that everyone is into, not the merchandise. SO, IT SEEMS... I'm split on the question. The two are great franchises, both of which I love. -Skar

Continuing with the discussion with everyone and their opinion on Bronies, I am a perfectly straight brony, and I am actually proud of it. My parents know it, my sister knows it, my friends know it, and I think my grandparents know it. Most of them do not care (case-in-point: parents, sister and a few friends), and some of my friends are actually bronies, which has made my life all the happier. I don't really care what other people think of me. I actually have very high self-esteem, as noticed by a lot of people. Heck, I even sang "Never Gonna Give You Up" in front of a live audience. MLP has actually taught me not to judge people, and I should tolerate others. Also, I think that MLP may be a female fall back, especially if they don't know about the show or brony content in general.

Both are equal in my book.Bionicle would get you more girls (if they didn't like bronies) but showing that you are a brony an you don't care what anyone thinks show confidence which I think a girl wants in a guy, someone who is not afraid to say why he likes or does and who can stand up to haters and what not.Bionicle shows an interest in both story and collection. The story shows you are itelligent or love literature or at least an awesome story, but the collection thing I domt think a girl looks for.However, Bionicle fans are nerds to Bionicle and the social doesn't take kindly to nerds (mainly in high school) and being a briny makes other people think your weird or gay or immature.So I don't think either will help, but they can depending if the girl is a pegasister or knows Bionicle or likes story or the fact a guy is confident in oneself and can stand up for others(since bronies do help newer bronies escape the Internet trolls or like me, I defend those who people think are weird or gay when thy aren't)

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Both are equal in my book.Bionicle would get you more girls (if they didn't like bronies) but showing that you are a brony an you don't care what anyone thinks show confidence which I think a girl wants in a guy, someone who is not afraid to say why he likes or does and who can stand up to haters and what not.Bionicle shows an interest in both story and collection. The story shows you are itelligent or love literature or at least an awesome story, but the collection thing I domt think a girl looks for.However, Bionicle fans are nerds to Bionicle and the social doesn't take kindly to nerds (mainly in high school) and being a briny makes other people think your weird or gay or immature.So I don't think either will help, but they can depending if the girl is a pegasister or knows Bionicle or likes story or the fact a guy is confident in oneself and can stand up for others(since bronies do help newer bronies escape the Internet trolls or like me, I defend those who people think are weird or gay when thy aren't)

These are sad days when two of the great fanbases are hated so. I hate that having a solid knowledge of a subject makes you socially unacceptable.

faber_tahu.jpg

B I O N I C L E

2001-2010

These are sad days when two of the great fanbases are hated so. I hate that having a solid knowledge of a subject makes you socially unacceptable.
It's mainly the highschool social that he colpret of this, the high school social system is so superficial and stupid. It's even worse with bronies but it's a null effect to bronies cause they/we have learned to love and tolerate.Bionicle fans aren't as neglected, but hardcore fans like myself get picked on. However, when one socially weird interest is paired with being a brony, you have no care in the world what people think! Which is why bronies on Bzp are great examples of bronies who don't care about what people say about them or what other things hey like.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well, it'd help if I actually knew these people. I just see them in shirts every now and again. I can't walk up to a random group of people and just announce I watch the same cartoon as them. :P

Just scream "Rarity is best pony!" and keep doing whatever you were doing before. I've got three brohoofs that way.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Honestly, based on personal experience from both fandoms, I'd like someone more if they were into MLP rather than Bionicle.I've seen far more Bionicle fans be close-minded about LGBT issues than MLP fans, and representing pretty much every letter in LGBT in a certain perspective, that's quite important to me.I've also had a much more positive experience in the 8 months of being in the MLP fandom than the 6-7 years of being in the Bionicle fandom. I've tried so many new things being a brony than I have being a Bionicle fan. Not only do I have many new friends but many fans who like my work. Sure I've had fans here but not nearly as many.BUT ENOUGH ABOUT MY POPULARITYA lot of Bionicle fans I've met are wonderful people and I've met plenty of friends through the franchise but it's something I've moved on from and doesn't hold as nearly as much significance to me as MLP does now. So if I were have to choose between someone to date from the Bionicle fandom and the MLP fandom, I'm most likely gonna choose the one who likes MLP (assuming there are no other factors involved like the MLP fan abusing small animals for fun or something). Not only would we have something to talk about but there would be something meaningful behind it.At least for me.What was the question again?

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Bronies with interests other than ponies are best people.

Bring it on here /) Edited by Zacax

Oh, I never answered my own question.I prefer... Bionicle. The Bionicle fans I've met have been less weird, and don't tend to make so many messes up things. >.>And if I had to chose to date someone bases on MLP or Bionicle... I'd go with MLP.The girls over met that like MLP are a LOT hotter.So guys, say MLP gets cancelled, but you can bring it or Bionicle back. Which one do you chose?I take Bionicle.

Bionicle for me, because it was the latter half of my childhood.Anyways, on this discussion of girls and MLP/Bionicle... Honestly, I wouldn't go for a girl that wasn't fine with my like of either. If I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with this girl, I don't need there to be tension between silly likes and dislikes. Seriously, it's a show and a toyline. If a girl you like can't deal with it, then you probably shouldn't like her. The right type of girl will like you for who you are, and hopefully you like her for who she is. And, of course (despite my being utterly repulsed by their alignment, TBH), this goes for people of other sexual orientation in their relationships.But anyways, this isn't the "How to Find a Girlfriend" topic, it's the MLP topic. So... ponies. XD

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Last opinion in girlfriend thing, mlp helps get girls since there are more girl fans in mlp than Bionicle.

Since I'm an adult who works with kids, I really don't have the luxury of being open about being a brony. Given certain...legal cases involving children...most parents would get very suspicious of me if they found out I like MLP. It's stupid that I have to bend over backwards because of stereotypes, but I guess that's just how things have to be. :shrugs:Anyway, as for the current discussion, I agree that Bronies tend to be more open-minded and cheerful in general (Derpgate notwithstanding). However, I think that lady-types would be more likely to view Bionicle as something harmless, particularly if you preface it as "something you were into as a kid." Wow, almost an hour and a half of time between posts, yet I still get ninja'd. :P

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

New topic! What is your pony persona and what does he/she do and were in Equestria do they live?

.....meep....that is your self OC?!

Gearshift, he is a writer, artist and inventor. He lives in Ponyville with his friend Note Sauve. He his coat is red and his mane is brown and his eyes are hazel green with goggles on his head and his cutie mark is a pencil and paintbrush going trough a grey cog.

Gee, I never even began thinking about a Pony OC.... I should get to work on that. All I know is that I'd definitely be a pegasus. YEAH!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

My pony is Roablin, although actually I'm not quite a pony. Roablin is a mysterious creature that lurks in The Everfree Forest, along with all the other mysterious creatures that lurks in The Everfree Forest.And before anybody asks, no, the red is not blood.

banner.png

Hey guys! To those who have bought the full version of Minecraft pocket edition, I have a special seed for you.Just type this: rainbowdashbest and you'll spawn at a huge waterfall with rainbow dashes face under you!

Well I made it

Grace Note.Never actually went to the effort of making up a backstory for him...besides being a hipster zebra, which should be obvious from the picture. Since I'm more into classical music than anything else, I can probably just give him the default "alienated childhood" and "Canterlot musician" backstories.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

On the subject of pony OCs...I actually named mine after myself (Kinda)XBacstory: He is an orphan. He was the 10th orphan at his orphanage, and was nicknamed '10' and it went to X eventually (Greek numbers are awesome.)He makes controlled forest fires. That's his job.Oh, and he wears a diamond helmet and Spartan armour.So yeah...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I guess I can see how this show gained popularity, but then it's gonna end some day, and all y'all are gonna forget about it as fast as you got into it.

Um.......doubt that highly. A lot of shows that have ended still have large fanbases, this show will be no exception.Anyway on the subject of OCs here's mine. I really don't have much of an origin for him. Maybe he didn't want to be a weather pony and instead become a scholar. I don't know but I'll come back and tell you when I have a better one :P.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I guess I can see how this show gained popularity, but then it's gonna end some day, and all y'all are gonna forget about it as fast as you got into it.

Yeah, just like how we all (Including you) forgot about Bionicle. Boy, I don't even do anything related to that thing anymore. So quickly forgotten. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.