Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I'm sorry, but... no offense, but what's the appeal for this show? It makes Hero Factory look like a clockwork orange or something.

Glad you asked! ^^The show has some pretty nice animation, the characters are well developed and mostly relateable, the settings are interesting and properly utilized, and I love what Lauren Faust is doing with it. She has a goal to soften the stereotype that "if it's made for girls then it's automatically terrible." By putting out such a quality show, I'd say she's getting closer to her goal. ^^ I mean, the main character is named Twilight Sparkle and yet I'm a fan of the show. XD

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Last week the internet speed at my college got ramped up considerably. Naturally, I had to do something to take advantage of this newfound power at my fingertips. So as of Saturday, I have watched every MLP episode released so far. And naturally, I love it. So much that I went through the trouble of reading this topic from the beginning, which is no small task in itself.Part of me wants to say Fluttershy is best pony, but another part of me clings to the belief that fat pony is best pony.My favorite episodes so far are probably the ones with epic musical numbers. Specifically, "Winter Wrap-Up", "Suited for Success", and "The Best Night Ever" (although "May The Best Pet Win" certainly might become a part of that list with its lovely duet). "At the Gala" is an excellent song and I picked up on it being an homage to Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods when I first saw that episode.Krastos the Glue-Maker would have been an excellent villain, but perhaps it was not meant to be.

Hey guys, realized I hadn't posted here yet. I became an overnight brony like a week ago, same as Aanchir. You can add me to "the list".

Welcome to the herd you two.

I really don't understand why everyone regards "Past Sins" like it's the greatest thing since Velcro shoe fasteners. I mean, don't get me wrong, I read it and enjoyed doing so. Nor can I compare it to an "average" since it's the only ponyfic I've ever read.But there numerous proofreading errors, some undeniably forced references to specific moments of episodes that broke the pacing and didn't really add to the story, and it seemed to me like characters acted OOC way too much. Especially Twilight and the whole "mother" thing. I just don't buy that.This probably makes it sound like I hate it, but I don't the least bit regret reading it. I just think it's another "good" thing that's way over-hyped as being "the greatest". Like Finding Nemo.And Halo.And numerous other things I'd mention except I can't remember them on 4 hours of sleep and 12 hours of work.

The thing about Past Sins is that it's sorta a base breaker for the community. Two websites enjoyed two others, let's just say you might not ever be able to ever go back there after mentioning it. I personally enjoyed it and failed to find some proofreading (granted I was never good at finding grammar errors). In short, it could be considered the Twilight of the fandom (not in quality Past Sins is better written) in the fact that some people hate it and some people love it.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

...I became a Brony last night.I'm not sure how...hm...I'll have to watch more episodes to understand what's going on.

That happens a lot. Anyway welcome to herd/cult/club/(insert synonym for herd).What new episode is everyone here looking forward to? I'm looking forward to the episode: The Mysterious Mare do well.

...I became a Brony last night.I'm not sure how...hm...I'll have to watch more episodes to understand what's going on.

That happens a lot. Anyway welcome to herd/cult/club/(insert synonym for herd).What new episode is everyone here looking forward to? I'm looking forward to the episode: The Mysterious Mare do well.
Hearth's Warming Eve, just because that ep is definitely going to have a song.Also agh I can't keep up with all these new bronies Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

What's the next ep?

The next episode is "The Mysterious Mare Do Well". It's supposed to air this Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed because of Thanksgiving week.

I'm sorry, but... no offense, but what's the appeal for this show? It makes Hero Factory look like a clockwork orange or something.

You can dislike it, that's fine. But it has a strong following because:1. It's a cartoon.2. It's made by the same person that made The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I personally like it because it's a cartoon that actually makes a bit of sense (by that I mean it's not Care Bears with Ponies).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I am really looking forward to the Mysterious Mare, because I have a sense that this will be another recurring new character, Like Zecora in the first season, or it could be like Trixie and show up for one episode and never show up again, not counting fan fics. I'm also looking forward to Heart's Warming Eve because I am very interested in the back story of Equestria. That and what Sonu said about there being a song. It will most likely have a song seeing as its a play about Equestria's beginning. I just love the songs in the show, because the voices in the show sing better than most pop singers nowadays.

Secret to my Excess, the Mysterious Mare do Well, and I remain hopeful for a Scootaloo episode.

I loved the new song of May The Best Pet Win.It screamed "Awesome"And I felt sad for Tank when Rainbow Dash pushed him aside D:POOR TURTLE.

Actually, it's a tortoise. :P

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Well, the fic I want a sequel to, now is on hiatus. The dude is doing a magic the gathering/MLP crossover instead.He's such a Gilda. :P jk-ishWHOA! why haven't you mentioned Pychgoth when talking about best fan music??? :P

Edited by OmiShad

Now, I've finished a Day for Spike and Twilight... All of my D'awws. Also, he gets over 9000 points for his portrayal of Derpy...and I just had the most epic idea for an MLP advertisement.Spike: Ponies. Look at your assistant. Now look at me. Now back to your assistant. Now back to me.Sadly, your assistant ISN'T me. BUT, he could smell like me, if he stopped using that filly scale polish and switched to Rarity's Insert Catchy Name Here.Look down. Look up. Where are you? You're in a barn, with the assistant your assistant could smell like. What's in your hoof? I have it. They're tickets to the Galloping Gala.Look again. The tickets have turned into DIAMONDS. Anything's possible when your assistant smells like Rarity's Insert Catchy Name Here, and not a Filly. I'm on a horse.(Zoom out to show he's riding Applejack)Applejack: You done?

Edited by Knight of Kaos

IN CHAOS, ORDER.

-Knight of Kaos

Bureau of Atmospheric Experimentation is really good, one of the few fanfics I can read.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Now, I've finished a Day for Spike and Twilight... All of my D'awws. Also, he gets over 9000 points for his portrayal of Derpy...and I just had the most epic idea for an MLP advertisement.Spike: Ponies. Look at your assistant. Now look at me. Now back to your assistant. Now back to me.Sadly, your assistant ISN'T me. BUT, he could smell like me, if he stopped using that filly scale polish and switched to Rarity's Insert Catchy Name Here.Look down. Look up. Where are you? You're in a barn, with the assistant your assistant could smell like. What's in your hoof? I have it. They're tickets to the Galloping Gala.Look again. The tickets have turned into DIAMONDS. Anything's possible when your assistant smells like Rarity's Insert Catchy Name Here, and not a Filly. I'm on a horse.(Zoom out to show he's riding Applejack)Applejack: You done?

Someone actually did a commercial like, except it had Bic McIntosh and it was a commercial for Applespice body wash. "Can your brony smell like me yes if stopped using filly scented body wash. I have to admit though I do like your idea.