Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | Vulimae's Hut, Metru-Koro

Wait, Taja thought.

It was the first time she had reached out mentally to Whisper, but it seemed necessary. As she translated her knowledge into words that other beings could understand, she realized that there was a potential downside to this power.

The people who wear these masks... you can talk to them just like me, can't you? They might not agree if we tell them that.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Underground Dead Forest

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

With no response forthcoming, Hahvok focused on following Marrow as the Mesi led them through the tunnels. As they descended, the air grew even colder. Hahvok enjoyed that. Every so often the tunnel would break off to a large cavern, where droplets of water could be heard splashing from the ceiling to the cave floor and the puddles that collected there.

And still, they walked, Marrow guiding them.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

1 hour ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Vulimae's Hut, Metru-Koro

The people who wear these masks... you can talk to them just like me, can't you? They might not agree if we tell them that.

IC: Whisper - Vulimai's Hut

You're right, she realised. Best not to mention it, then.

@Eyru

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Lobby)

"I need to investigate a small group of islands off the south-east coast of the island outside, if that makes sense. I’d go there myself, but it’s a very long way. If you can’t fly me all the way there, then I at least need transportation over the tainted protodermis to solid ground."

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

"That can be arranged," the Vahki replied. "Please follow. There is a ship preparing to depart for the outside."

The unit began to walk away, obviously expecting Waveahk to follow. If he did, the two would exit the Coliseum through the front glass doors, walk for several minutes through the ruined gardens that had once surrounded the tower, and eventually arrive at the landing platforms just as Zaliyah, Ostrox, and Iradra were leaving. The Vahki gestured to the ship from which they had just disembarked.

''This vessel is departing presently. It will transport you beyond the protodermis lake, but no farther."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

The shadows seemed to grow even darker as Cravious and Whira examined the carvings, until it was difficult to see them at all. Fumes billowed forth more fiercely from the pit, and the sound of clattering bones grew in volume. Their rattling sounded like diseased lungs struggling to draw breath. But Cravious's telescopic vision served him well, and he was able to make out more details than the ones briefly glimpsed before.

There were now more carvings visible, but they did not depart from the general themes of violence and death. Alongside the hieroglyphs that described the ritual of the Tahtorak and the etchings that portrayed its bloody antecedent and savage aftermath, there were carvings of various types of people waging war. Skakdi, distinguished by their wide grins and flared frills, mowed down smaller beings underneath their ACRs. Toa-shaped beings unleashed the elements upon their foes. One etching in particular was so lifelike, it made Cravious shudder. It showed a Skakdi burning alive, his mouth wide in a silent scream of agony, his hand extended as if to ward off a final blow. The carved flames were stylized, but he almost imagined he could feel their heat.

He continued scanning the wall, his eyes moving slowly from one set of glyphs to the next. A Skakdi knelt before a hulking shape with long fingers and no eyes. A group of small beings bore a litter carrying another of their own kind, their backs bent under the weight. The carried being's arm was extended with its finger pointing to the next carving, where more small beings toiled over an unknown task. The next etching was mostly worn away. The following carving showed a group of Skakdi battling some giant Rahi-like creature. The artist had shown great care in their rendering of the violent battle, and the depictions of the various injuries made Cravious's stomach squirm. Headless bodies and severed limbs and broken bones were everywhere, and the cuneiform letters ran throughout the scene, linking each picture to the next. He wished he could read them.

Whira's shadows disturbed more grime and dust, which flaked away to reveal another scene, larger than the ones before and carved in an entirely different style. It showed a being standing on a plain, its feet surrounded by tiny squiggles. Cravious adjusted his telescopic vision to look closer, and he realized the squiggles were actually people. Dozens of tiny beings, carved in painstaking detail, their hands lifted as if in worship. As he looked closer, he realized the lines carved behind the larger being were probably meant to represent mountains. And, higher than those, other curved lines surely represented the wind and the clouds. The larger being was evidently meant to be enormous, with its feet on the earth and its head among the stars. The being's arms were partially raised, like it was blessing the crowds at its feet.

A burst of heat swept through the cave. The smell of oil and vomit grew stronger.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 5

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Navu's Hut

Knichou gave Navu a strained nod as he shifted the corpse's weight to more easily carry it. His own armor had morphed slightly to accomodate the weight, with armor thinning on the arms and thickening along the torso and legs to assist in the ergonomics of carrying such a burden. Without saying another word, he began to lead the trio out of the hut and towards the Taku.

The desert sun began baking the group with full force, and soon Datrox's body was no longer disturbingly chilly. Even with his adaptive armor doing double duty to help each problem, the presence of the heat combined with the exertion of carrying the limp body took it's toll on the Toa as the slow trek continued - without the extra endurance of his element, Knichou would have been unable to sustain the entire trip without stopping.

The group was silent for the trip, and the passersby on the streets of the village did not break it. Matoran would look up from their work on the repairs to their homes, pausing their addition to the cacophony of hammers to give a knowing stare or a nod of respect for the anonymous fallen hero. They had all seen their universe die. Few still had tears to shed or words to say, and all knew that neither would bring anyone comfort.

Knichou was processing what he'd learned, trying to remember as much as he could from what Nale had told him before. Navu and Nale both had a lot on their minds from this whole ordeal as well. A new ally slain in cold blood, and an old friend - practically a family member, even - who would not get to hear her final goodbye or give his. But she could still say it. Maybe Knichou could give her the chance to make peace with Datrox.

Knichou knew how much the Code meant to Nale. He was the first that she told, to her shame, of her firing the final blow on the dark hunter in Po-Metru. Datrox's betrayal of the Code's ideals was what split them and their team apart, and in the passion of war Nale had abandoned the code as well. She knew her folly, and was ready to be ostracized, but Knichou had refused. Knichou didn't doubt that Nale had been asking herself ever since where she would be if she had given Datrox the same forgiveness. Perhaps she could do the same to Datrox, albeit posthumously.

Knichou knew the pain of death. The loss of war was always able to catch up no matter how fast he ran, and the pain only grew the longer he refused to face it. It was too late for him, all his friends were well and truly gone. Before Onu-Metru. Before Nale, Stannis, Arkius, and Kanohi. Only recently did he begin to realize that Nale needed that new family as much as he did. On this new world, Knichou had been lucky enough to run into his apprentice, inexplicably alive but without the memories of him. Knichou did not yet know which fate was worse. Nale didn't get the second chance that Knichou now had to gain forgiveness from someone from his old life, and because of that Knichou convinced himself to capitalize more on it. He hoped he would find Keitara again soon to make up for lost time.

Knichou's thoughts turned back to the present as the Taku's silhouette loomed ever closer. The group entered the surprisingly empty plaza where the Taku was parked. What had once been a bustling bazaar with many makeshift wooden and metal stands was now abandoned, with a few craters, one notably where Sans's hut used to be. Matoran shuffled in and out to scavenge the abandoned stands for supplies to rebuild their own homes, and occasionally there was a minor scuffle between some of them over the wreckage that guardsmen would settle.

Knichou crouched down and gently lowered the body to the sandy ground, then walked back towards the stands, waving for Navu to follow.

"Manual labor's your redeeming quality, right? Help me gather some wood," Knichou said. He used his powers to liquefy the nails in a partially destroyed stand and then began ripping off planks to form a small pile nearby.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro, Vulimai's Hut)

Hearing Whisper's confirmation that there was, as far as Vulimai knew and perhaps even the Toa or the Aspect, no additional side-effects or requirements, Vulimai contemplated the offer for a few more moments before giving a final answer.

"If this power is as beneficial as you say it is, then once some time has passed and the Matoran settle down, then I may accept your proposal. But Toa Taja, Metru-Koro has recently received important news that you must know. Pridak is dead, killed and replaced by a Toa known as Aurax, and though I do not personally know nor trust this Toa, I am sure that Toa Stannis was involved in this assassination."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler

"Wait, I thought you Toa weren't supposed to kill?" Whisper glanced back and forth between Vulimai and Taja. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax paused his work to listen to the Vahki. His eyebrow raised. He had expected the refugees to return, but he didn't expect the people in charge of the bombing run to bring one of them back with them. 

In the back of his mind, Pridak's paranoia screamed. It reminded him of what he had just done to Pridak the day prior, walked in with seemingly good intentions, and then attempting, and succeeding, to kill the warlord. He shuddered a bit. He didn't want to go down the same way that Pridak did.

"Thank you. I... want you to bring Zaliyah, Ostrox, and the Toa here to the Coliseum. I wish to speak with them. Oh... and if there are any surviving Kranua models still in the city, I'd like you to keep one on standby. In case something happens. Let me know when they're ready for me to see them. Is there anything else I should know?"

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Whira: Nightmare Pits

Whira paused what she was doing to study the carving on the wall. She wasn't sure what it mean, but perhaps it had some connection to the giant metal skull crashing onto the island? 

The Aspect continued to use her power to scrape the dirt and grime off the cavern walls.

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian 

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Nuju clicked a bit of birdsong at Sidra's arrival. He didn't appear surprised in the least: he looked like he was accustomed to people turning up exactly when they were supposed to.

"This is the Kini-Nui," he said. "The central and most powerful temple on the island. I take it you weren't expecting to come here?"

Beyond Nuju, Sorilax examined the Amaja circle. As he knelt down to take a closer look, a lizard scampered out of the sand and across the stones, and vanished into the undergrowth. The circle itself was a typical pit of sand and stones used in the telling of old myths and legends. While some of the stones were shaped differently than others he had seen before, there was nothing particularly interesting or unique about them. The stories are the interesting part, after all. Without a story, a book is just a collection of ink-stained paper, and an Amaja circle is just a sandbox. If there is no one to listen and no one to tell, they are robbed of all their power.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Kal the Guardian

The Vahki shook its head at the last question before confirming its orders. "It will be done, Barraki Aurax."

It turned and walked back out of the workshop, the doors sliding shut behind it.

"Very well," the Nullifier said to Zaliyah, its staff still pointing the way to the Coliseum. "Then this unit will accompany you. When you are ready."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku Nato again

IC: Taja | Vulimai's Hut, Metru-Koro

Taja looked at Whisper. This was another detail that had been difficult to explain.

"Toa is both a title and a race. You can be of the Toa species but not follow the traditional code of the Toa. It's... confusing."

OOC: @Sparticus147 Nato again

IC: Tuakana and Axxon | Approaching Irnakk's Tooth

The volcano rose before them. It spewed forth great clouds of gas and smoke that darkened the sky. Its black surface swallowed the light, save for rivers of glowing lava that trickled here and there down its face. Though a mountain, it seemed malevolent and cruel. The Aspect and the titan swallowed their trepidation. They both knew that unknown horrors lurked within. One hand pressed to their side in an attempt to relieve the pain of the amalgam, they continued walking. It was too late to turn back now.

• Like 4

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

"Very well." Ulkarr moved to strike Kat, arm rapidly winding up and extending…

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Landing Platform)

"Hm. More than I expected, I suppose. Thank you. Feel free to inform the recently coronated of my departure. Or don't, whatever." Waveahk boarded the airship provided, paying only wary attention to the Leaguers.

Ostrox didn't recognize the mutant Steltian. Still, this was hardly the time to begin an inquisition. They could start inquiring into Aurax's co-conspirators once he was dead. For now, he'd let Zaliyah take the lead, as he'd been content to do thus far.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Central Plaza)

"Right. I can do that, yes." Navu began gathering the wood for Datrox’s funeral pyre. As she did so, curiosity got the better of her. "Did you know Datrox? You seemed to recognize his name back there."

@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

"This is the Kini-Nui," he said. "The central and most powerful temple on the island. I take it you weren't expecting to come here?"

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Oh, I gave up on having expectations a while ago," she replied, stopping before the Matoran. "Life is so full of surprises, you never know what might happen. I certainly wasn't expecting to ever see one of these again," she wrapped her knuckles against the side of the disk machine.

@Eyru 

6 hours ago, Eyru said:

"Very well," the Nullifier said to Zaliyah, its staff still pointing the way to the Coliseum. "Then this unit will accompany you. When you are ready."

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

Karz. The last week of Zaliyah's life had been a grim testament to the old adage that no plan survived first contact with the enemy, and it looked like her run of bad luck wasn't ending anytime soon. "Is there still a working washroom inside?" She asked, gesturing to her armour, still stained with soot and dust, "I wouldn't mind a few minutes to freshen up before meeting with the Barraki." 

@Toru Nui @Onaku

6 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Vulimai's Hut, Metru-Koro

"Toa is both a title and a race. You can be of the Toa species but not follow the traditional code of the Toa. It's... confusing."

"I see... confusing does seem to be the best word."

@Sparticus147

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou continued to use his powers to remove any metal holding the wood together to air Navu in her scrapping as well. He began to answer her while tossing another pair of planks on the pile.

"No, not really. Nale knew him, and all I know of him is from what she told me of him yesterday. Didn't even know his first name 'til just now."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Central Plaza)

Nale stood by Datrox, casting a shadow over his body as she studied it. A funeral wasn't something she had planned to take part in today, let alone one for someone she knew once, and after finding out he'd been murdered. It was one thing after another in this village, always.

"Knew you'd end up like this," she whispered, knowing Datrox's audio receptors had long stopped hearing anything. "Always told myself. Didn't think I'd be around to see it, though."

Nale looked over at Navu and Knichou, watching them gather things in preparation.

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo’s optics studied the Vahki as it entered the workshop and gave its announcement. The news of arriving minions didn’t sit well with Saybo. His training screamed for background checks and weeks of observation. Logically, it would be best to take every precaution possible for every encounter Aurax had with anyone else. But Saybo also knew his training wasn’t exactly suited to protecting a Great Being, so he would have to continue to adjust and act on the fly.

The smell of oil filled his senses and his mind moved back to the ACR, so he continued working on the mech.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10), Atop the Amaja Circle Tower

With - Sidra, NPC Nuju

Sorilax sat back, actually slightly more refreshed than he had been. But he was a gaseous entity after all, if he didn’t get tired normally, then he wouldn’t need to rest to regain energy. It made sense, though it went against how most other life operated.

This Amaja Circle didn’t seem to hold any special or hidden knowledge. Which was slightly relieving. With what lurked below, Sorilax wished to rejoin Sala and leave here as soon as he could to continue his Grand Wish.

Sorilax pushed himself to his feet and went to leave the tower, when he noticed two portals beyond Kini-Nui, each with glowing rainbow edges just like the Far Shore portal. Near them were bunkers of some kind that looked like they had been unearthed recently. Perhaps he wasn’t done here just yet.

He descended the stairs and moved to inspect the Kanoka receivers around the Far Shore portal when he noticed it wasn’t at all Sala who had been talking with Nuju.

This new being was silver and emerald, certifiably loaded with weapons and technology he couldn’t comprehend. He noted that the being didn’t appear to bear any Kraata, so there was no need to hold back any knowledge.

Sorilax stepped up to the machine, looking at one of the Kanoka receivers to see if there was any special disc that needed to be inserted. Then he turned to the new arrival, “Greetings. I am Sorilax, Aspect of Light. Did you happen to travel here from the Far Shore, or perchance from one of those other two portals?” The being wasn’t wavering in any place, so they seemed real enough. Not at all like Nuju.

Connected so intrinsically to her element, Sidra was able to dive deep into Sorilax’s mind easily if she so wished. If she did, she would find herself in a mental space much like a library, with carved stone shelves running from floor to ceiling in a seemingly endless space. Each shelf held dozens of alcoves, each one containing differing amounts of stone tablets. Each alcove was labeled alphabetically. The easiest one to access would be Tarakava, Sand - North eastern subspecies. The tablets, if picked up in the mental space, would reveal surprisingly and extremely detailed facts and observations about Tarakavas. The space was lit with a warm golden light, and she would be able to tell that was his element.

At her waist and below would be a black sea of freezing cold water, one that didn’t just envelop her, but the lower half of all the stone shelves. If she pried further, she would find that the water resisted her attempts to breach it, hiding the information on the shelves below the waterline not just from her, but from Sorilax himself. And the waters weren’t just that. No, they held a terrible and indecipherable knowledge, one that would entrap weaker minds. They were full of the essence of shadow, or perhaps something that ran even deeper. They felt like waters, yet at the same time also as if the void itself were around her.

If Sidra decided to search out his current thoughts, she would find herself lost in these rows of shelves, random tablets flashing through her hands as Sorilax’s ancient mind thought about several topics at once, none of them having much bearing on his question. Whether this whole mindscape was a mental defense of some kind or just the mind of a being whose brain worked fundamentally differently than her own, she couldn’t be sure. Either way, he was hard to read.

But a few things Sidra would know for sure. The name Sorilax was the same name that Viltia occasionally brought up. He was the one who had helped found Le-Metru Nuva and his knowledge of the Fau Swamp had kept the villagers safe. He had also unintentionally set up the system of rule and morality that now kept all the species of Le-Metru Nuva united. His ideas had shaped a new set of standards that valued all life equally, and one that allowed the absolute defense of that life if necessary. If she had been paying attention, she would also know Sala the Matoran was supposed to be accompanying him, but Sala was nowhere to be seen.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru Eyru, Sorilax checked the Kanoka receivers around the Far Shore portal to see if they had anything inscribed on or around them.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Whira

Cravious looked at the carvings with confusion. Was that a giant robot just like the head that came crashing down a couple weeks before? But, how? How could there be a carving of it here from so long ago?

He pondered that for a moment. Well, perhaps it had floated by before, way up in the sky, and the original natives of this island had seen it, creating this carving. Actually, this was evidence of what Whira and he sought to find here, remains of the civilization from before the Skakdi.

A rush of heat swept through the cavern, bringing with it the increased smell of oil and vomit. Cravious’ stomach soured further. But he tried his best to fight the feeling and looked back at the murals as Whira continued to clean them. Was there anything more to see?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Grammatical Error.
  • Like 2

"Yes," the Nullifier replied. "You will be provided with refreshments and toiletries should you wish to make yourselves more presentable."

The group began walking towards the the Coliseum. They passed through the gardens that had once been beautiful. Now, however, most of the plants had died from one cause or another. The few that still lived drooped listlessly. The buzzing of insects could no longer be heard—either they, too, had perished, or had moved on in search of greener pastures. The path underfoot, once composed of seamlessly placed stones, was now ruined by dozens of jagged cracks.

Behind them, the airship began to rise into the air. Its landing gear folded back into place, and it turned its nose towards the gaping hole in the side of the head. Within the ship, Waveahk could look out and see the city spread out before him like a map. The crystal towers of Ko-Metru, many now fallen or completely shattered. The forges of Ta-Metru, now collapsed and leaking molten protodermis that had consumed half the Metru in liquid metal. The complex chute systems of Le-Metru, a spiderweb whose carcass now lay sprawled over buildings and across the ground. Then they were moving out of the city, and the rest was left behind.

A disembodied voice filled the cabin of the ship, emanating from unseen speakers. "Approximately 30 minutes to arrival." 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku 

• Like 4

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

Kat stepped into the attack, raising her left arm to push the blow away, and bringing her own right arm to bear in what was sure to be a sickening uppercut to the gut.

But she pulled her punch just before making contact. Her eyes glinted with a cheerful and mischievous light. "Defense and attack all at once!"

She stepped back. "Okay, next time I won't pull my punches, but since I got a free hit on you, it's only fair you get one on me, so I won't stop your next attack, but after that, it'll be free game for both of us, okay?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Raising up her hand and pinching her brow, Vulimai let out a deep sigh, her mind lingering on the challenge her next course of actions were surely going to entail. "Well, if that is all, then I have a Duty to intend too. Though, Taja, I believe I have asked you this before but I didn't receive an answer from you at the time, your element, what is it? It could be quite useful in the rebuilding effort."

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Air Suva

Viltia turned from the Suva. She would be back later with more masks.

She laughed at herself. She didn’t have to come back at all! Le-Metru Nuva was within the Suva’s range. Viltia ran her hand over the Suva, intrigued by its power. Being able to store everything she made was amazing. But she didn’t like how dangerous it would be for other villagers to get here to link up with it. Not to mention, with how easily she had connected to it, no doubt others could come along and prosper off of her hard work, potentially stealing things from her.

She felt her connection to it in her mind. If she could make her own Suva, or some mask equivalent, that would be awesome. But later, later. She had a ton of stuff she wanted to do, like make more masks. Viltia paused, wondering. Could she maybe still find a way to merge masks? She smiled. Only one way to find out.

Swapping out her mask of Rahi Control for the mask mask of Flight, she moved to the doorway where she paused once more. She didn’t like leaving her original mask in the Suva. It felt insecure. Unsafe. Mata-Nui had given her that mask for a reason. Not to mention she used it all the time in the village. Maybe- Maybe she should make a powerless mask later and swap out for it. Yeah. That would be pretty easy, and good practice. If she needed to, she already had several lying around the forging hut.

Viltia activated the power of Flight and shot through the canopy, the branches bending out of her way before returning to their natural positions. The sun was a little closer to falling behind the giant robot head, but she still had time. She momentarily fell as she swapped to Levitation and scanned the horizon. A particularly large conical Nui-Rama hive stood out to her. She waited for the delay between switching masks to end and Teleported to it.

Suddenly loud buzzing rang through her head and she was filled with confusion. It was too soon to switch to Levitation so she used her tethers to feebly grip the hive, not doing a very good job as she slid lower. Eventually, she reached the canopy and was able to easily descend, keeping an eye out for angry Nui-Rama. None seemed to notice her yet, thankfully

As she scanned the large, yellow hive for secondary openings, she realized it was growing out of a giant building, much like the one she had just been at. She gently touched the ground, looking up as a Nui-Rama left the hive. A couple also arrived to the hive, crawling down and in. But none seemed to have noticed her.

Viltia looked over the structure, large and ancient. Maybe she could find a secondary entrance into the hive from inside and avoid most of the Nui-Rama. She needed to find that Vuata Maca Crystal before they used it for something awful.

Spotting the entrance, Viltia cautiously made her way inside. At a certain point, she felt electricity jolt through her and she felt a sensation much like the Suva. She paused, but nothing horrible happened, though now she couldn’t hear the Nui-Rama hive humming anymore.

She emerged to find a room with a dead Skakdi in the corner, three doorways, and a white, pristine flower floating in a pool. She was glad the Skakdi was dead and paid him no mind. The doorways were intriguing. Perhaps she would find her entrance to the Nui-Rama hive through one of them.

But she paused for a moment, appreciating the white flower. She decided to grow him some friends, filling the top of the pond with almost identical flowers. Now, a bed of white sat amongst all this decay, beautiful and almost glowing. It made her think of being with Nektann in that field of space. Her Heartlight warmed and her tethers started to drift once more like seaweed in an ocean current. She wished she could go back there and be with him. Maybe someday.

OOC: @Eyru Also, @Unreliable Narrator and @Vezok's Friend, Viltia now has masks of Rahi Control and Flight in the Air Suva. She is currently using Teleportation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eyru said:

They passed through the gardens that had once been beautiful. Now, however, most of the plants had died from one cause or another. The few that still lived drooped listlessly. The buzzing of insects could no longer be heard—either they, too, had perished, or had moved on in search of greener pastures. The path underfoot, once composed of seamlessly placed stones, was now ruined by dozens of jagged cracks.

The hordika walked in silence, staring sadly at the desiccated gardens as she passed them by. She'd seen them, briefly, when they'd still been vibrant and full of life, a lush example of the opulence that had engulfed the city of legends. But now the gardens were as dead as Mata Nui himself. 

She glanced briefly at Ostrox as the thought of the Great Spirit crossed her mind. She didn't envy the burden of knowledge he'd carried alone for so long. When Aurax was dealt with and peaceful negotiations were underway, finding with Mazor, securing the Krom Sphere, and getting to the truth of exactly what had happened needed to be the League's next priority. 

But that future was far out of her reach. There was still a terrible battle ahead, one she knew she may not walk away from. 

Leaving the gardens behind, she continued to follow the Vahki towards the tower, waiting for her chance to slip away or hide somewhere inside so she could make her final, desperate gamble. All she needed was a minute or two alone...

@Eyru @Onaku @Toru Nui

• Like 4

The group passed through the glass doors into an atrium. The floor underfoot had been recently repaired. They walked past a receptionist's desk to the far side of the room, where a bank of elevators waited. The doors to one slid open silently, and they stepped inside. Their stomachs dropped as the elevator quickly ascended, the floor indicator blinking rapidly as they passed by dozens of floors in half as many seconds. Finally, they slowed to a stop, and the doors open with a gentle ding.

A smaller lobby awaited them. As they stepped out of the elevator, a Vahki walked out from behind the receptionist's desk to meet them, a blue Hau hanging from its neck. The Nullifier and the new Vahki communicated silently, and then the group was permitted to pass beyond the desk and down a short hallway. This hallway ended in a set of double doors which opened into pleasant waiting room.

The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. A long black couch sat on a lush, cream-colored carpet, flanked by two armchairs of the same color. A coffee table between the chairs was piled with magazines now a few weeks out of date. Dume Divulges Disk Derring-do proclaimed one headline. Ga-Metru Beauties Reveal Their Secrets screamed another. A large painting of the Great Temple hung on one wall, and a smaller painting of an unknown waterfall hung on another. The third wall featured a window looking out over the city. A bigger table was pressed against the fourth wall, upon which sat a single-serve coffee maker, a basket of herbal teas, and an arrangement of ceramic mugs. Next to the table, a short hallway led to two single-stall washrooms. The Nullifier gestured for the guests to enter.

"Make yourselves comfortable," it whirred, and pointed. "You may refresh yourselves in the washrooms provided. You will be alerted when Barraki Aurax is ready to see you."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku 

IC: Taja | Vulimai's Hut, Metru Koro

It looked like Vulimai needed to be somewhere. Taja moved closer to the door, ready to see Whisper and herself out. 

"Shadow," she said. "I'm not much good with it yet, but I'll help any way I can."

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 3

Surprised appeared on Vulimai's face as Taja revealed her element, the surprise on Vulimai's face was long lasting though as she spoke to the duo, "I see, well, feel free to help throughout the settlement however you can, but keep in mind what I said concerning the power you told me. You may do whatever preparations are needed to begin giving it, but I demand that I am there for when you are ready to start giving it."

With that, Vulimai allowed the Toa and the Aspect to leave, assuming they did not have anything else to ask or share.

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

"Have it your way." His right arm suddenly extended - and a bolt of shadow energy erupted from his finger towards Kat.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Waiting Room)

Ostrox grabbed one of the newspapers and relaxed on one of the armchairs. Aurax wasn’t worth freshening up for, and Matoran penned nonsense was always amusing in it’s complete disconnect from reality.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Waveahk (Metru Nui Airspace, Vahki Airship)

Waveahk tried to get some sleep, however brief, during the thirty minute flight. He’d been all over the island today, and he planned to go even further. Hopefully, things in Metru Nui would be calm while he was gone...

@Eyru

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Central Plaza)

Datrox was indeed incapable of hearing Nale’s words - but Navu, eavesdropper extraordinaire, was not, even as she continued fetching tinder for the pyre. There was clearly some history there.

She decided to continue her line of questioning with Knichou. "If you don’t mind me asking, what did she say?"

@Tarn@BULiK

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

"I know a place where we can talk. Follow me."

Grime led Korruhn away from the party and into the metal and stone hallways of the fortress itself. They arrived at the garage. ACRs rested in their bays along the walls, charging wires attached and tools scattered about with little regard to work efficiency. War rigs were parked throughout, and their tires covered in red mud and black sand. At this hour the garage was empty but the bay doors were still open with a view of the canyons and desert beyond. Korruhn could see the still smoking wreckage of the Ambling Alp sticking out of a slowly shifting dune. 

Grime gestured towards the pens where matoran sized sand worm grubs wriggled in piles of compost. They were purple and yellow in color, with armored plating covering their topsides. Grime walked over, sitting on the rail to be head height with Korruhn, then turning away to face the pens. The grubs belched foul gasses as they ate. He patted the top of one grub, and it wriggled away into the compost out of sight. 

Moonlight cut through the upper windows of the garage, shedding silver light in focused beams that made the untouched spaces seem even darker. 

"It's amazing to think one day these grubs will be adults and pull skakdi war rigs," Grime said. "It was one of Boss's ideas: steal grubs from Shagrak and use them to travel the desert. I wonder if they'll live now that Barius is in charge. Gore could just as likely be cooking them tomorrow."

OOC: @Crimson Jester

• Like 3

Happy chat.

3 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

"You may do whatever preparations are needed to begin giving it, but I demand that I am there for when you are ready to start giving it."

"Very well. I'll inform you when I'm ready," she said. "In the meantime, I have some hearts to harvest." 

@Sparticus147 @Eyru

• Like 2

Though she already suspected she knew what the Toa had to say, Zaliyah nodded nonetheless.

"Say your piece, but make it quick," she glanced at the Vahki, then started moving towards the coffee maker.

@Onaku

• Like 1

"You really shouldn't," she said, as she took up one of the mugs and made herself a coffee. "Then neither of us will get what we want."

@Onaku

• Like 1

IC: Zaliyah – The Coliseum

“You say you came here to ensure peace," Zaliyah turned her back to the Vahki on the other side of the room, and moved closer to the window. "The best way for you to do that is to lay low, stay out of what comes next, and ingratiate yourself to whoever is standing once the dust settles.”

Beyond the glass, she could see the shapes and shadows of the city she'd helped conquer. It was a point of personal pride for her that the Metru she'd taken was one of the few that had survived, and that the Barraki she'd taken it alongside was perhaps the only one left alive. She'd done the League proud, justified the trust Pridak had placed in her... but the battle for Metru Nui wasn't over yet.  

“If you fight by my side, you destroy any chance at peace." She took a hearty gulp of the coffee, wincing as the slightly too-hot drink stung her tongue. "If Aurax wins, then your involvement will make it seem like your village supported overthrowing him, and he’ll retaliate. And if we succeed because of your help, then it won’t be a victory for our people, it’ll just be yet another Toa making decisions for us.”

@Onaku

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

IC: Iradra - The Coliseum

Iradra stayed silent for a moment, nodding. What Zaliah said was true, this much she knew. But she also knew that Aurax couldn't be allowed to remain in power. "I don't know if peace is an option if you don't succeed... but you're right. I cannot fight by your side in this. But... I can still be there, as a witness. And if worse comes to worst... I can try to ensure your survival, if nothing else."

She sighed, turning away from the Hordika and looking out the window at the city below. "You know, I never intended for this. To be a Toa. To represent the people of Metru-Nui in this dichotomy that tore our world apart... Truthfully I'm not sure I even belong with them. The only reason they have accepted me now is because of my transformation. Perhaps... if they knew what I was..." Iradra brought her hands to the bronze facade covering her face, lingering there as though hesitating for a moment, before slowly she pulled it off along with the cloth hood attached to it, placing it all on the windowsill. "What I am..."

Underneath was a light grey Mahiki, though its surfaces were mangled and scarred. Zaliyah might have heard of this before, a disease that dismantled an entire village and scattered a handful of survivors into the world, where Matoran society had entirely rejected them, fearing that they could spread their disease to others. Her scars seemed healed, but still they left her mangled and mutilated. Her white eyes lingered on the bronze mask and hood for a moment, before finally she returned her gaze to the Hordika, looking at her from behind a scarred and battered mask.

"Perhaps they would reject me too."

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 2

"I don't think any of us really wanted this. But you chose to stand with them nonetheless," she replied, after a few solemn moments spent studying Iradra's scars, reflecting on the horrific trauma and grim history that lay behind them. "You're a brave woman. A true Toa."

It wasn't so different to the decision Zaliyah herself had made, to side with the League knowing that many of them wouldn't welcome her, and her own kind would never accept her back afterwards. She understood the strength it took to choose a side, to take a stand, even if it brought with it the risk of rejection. 

"I need to go make a call," she took another sip of coffee, then set it down on the windowsill. She doubted she was going to get the opportunity to finish it off. "If you really want to help, be ready to keep that Vahki off my back if it tries to stop me." 

@Onaku

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - The Coliseum

Iradra nodded. Her eyes returned to the bronze mask, lingering there for a moment, before she sighed and picked it up again, placing it on her head again. Concealing as it was, it provided protection, which she was probably going to need for what came next... whatever that would be. She prepared herself to do whatever she'd have to in response.

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou glanced back at Nale as Navu asked him to reveal more. Turning back to Navu, he decided to answer while he continued to work.

"They were close. Real close."

The Toa of iron liquefied another set of nails holding wooden boards together, then snapped the unfastened boards apart with ease. He quickly tossed them onto the pile behind him and Navu.

"Lead a Toa team together, before the war."

Melt. Snap. Toss. More wood spun in the air towards the growing pile.

"Something happened, Datrox broke the Toa Code, and she couldn't forgive him. Probably haven't seen each other since."

Melt. Snap. Toss. The Toa of iron looked back at Nale and Datrox.

"Until today."

Snap.

Knichou paused. He looked down at the two large boards he was holding, the solid nails still sticking out at odd angles from one, the ends of each board split in many places from the sudden force of ripping them apart.

"This should be enough," he said, gently placing the final two boards on the pile. He knelt to and placed a fist to the ground. A slab of iron grew out of the sandy soil beneath the pile of planks, growing upwards until it was at the height of a Toa's waist. Several boards slid off the pile during this process, and after Knichou stood up, he placed many of them back on the newly formed monolith.

He silently walked back to Nale, positioned himself opposite of Datrox, and carefully picked up the dead Toa's bound-together legs, ready to lift the corpse with her assistance.

• Like 2

IC: Zaliyah – The Coliseum

The war-weary Hordika stepped away from Iradra and slipped into the washroom, locking the door behind her, then bracing herself up against it to keep it closed if someone tried to get in.

Her thoughts turned to her companions. Ostrox and Iradra. She found herself trusting them both, in their own different ways. They wanted different things, but at the same time their desires in this moment were aligned. In a straight fight, the three of them would be more than enough to dispense with Aurax alone, but it wasn’t going to be enough to mount an effective resistance or revolution against him, his Vahki, and whoever else he’d won over.

For that, Zaliyah needed allies.

And she had many.

Or so she hoped.

She switched on the radio still clipped to the collar of her armour, setting it to broadcast across every frequency in range. She took a deep breath, then let it out. She’d given speeches before, more times than she could count. It became second nature when leading other beings into battle. But this speech was different. She had no army waiting before her, and her surroundings were far from the inspiring position she usually spoke from. But the words taking form in her mind carried with them a weight and weariness that her past speeches had not. There was an air of finality to the words, and the moment she was preparing them for.

One way or another, she suspected this would be her last battle.

“Hear me and listen, my friends!” She said, as she pressed down on the button to begin her broadcast. “I am Lieutenant Zaliyah, of the League of Six Kingdoms. Many of you know me. We’ve served side-by-side through countless battles, endured through defeats and victories. So believe me when I tell you that today we stood at the verge of our final victory, only to have it snatched away from us!”

She paused for a moment. Perhaps it was merely wishful thinking on her part, but she wanted to believe the distant din of construction and conversation in the city beyond had dimmed somewhat, as her voice hopefully issued from handheld radios and overhead speakers all throughout the remnants of the city of legends. She had no idea what kind of range the handheld radio had, or how many transmitters were intact in the city. Perhaps no one beyond the building could hear her.

But she had to hope she was reaching someone.

“The enemy village of Metru-Koro surrendered. Their warmongering Turaga took his own life rather than face failure. But while Ostrox, Poroka, and I were leading the assault, our great League was betrayed from within!" Her voice was strained, her throat dry, but filled with determination and purpose nonetheless. The Skakdi Druu Arkkan and Vortixx Amarth fired upon our vessels, and here, in the heart of the city we took together, the Toa Aurax helped enemy assassins slaughter our beloved Barraki Pridak. This man, who we welcomed as one of our own, betrayed our cause and has taken power for himself!”  

In her head, she imagined the outrage and anguish of a dozen different species. She hoped they believed her. She was well-known among the League, and the fact that Pridak himself had accepted her despite his blood feud against her kind was a testament to her dedication to the League and its cause. She had no reason to lie, and they had every reason to believe her.

“The peace and co-existence we have all craved is finally within reach, but not while this turncoat holds the throne. Our brothers and sisters in arms didn’t fight and die for decades just for us all to end up under the boot of yet another Matoran tyrant!”

She knew that many of those she was reaching out to were tired of fighting, tired of death and bloodshed.

She knew she was asking a lot of them, perhaps too much at this point.

But she hoped they would listen nonetheless.

More than that, though, she hoped that Ehlek was still alive, still wired into the Vahki network, and was listening to her words. He’d never been a warmonger in the way others like Mantax and Carapar had been, and she didn’t blame or resent him for quietly disappearing during this time of turmoil… assuming Aurax hadn’t already killed him as well. But she hoped Ehlek would hear her words, and remember how she’d stood at his side to the end in Le-Metru, and deem her cause one worthy of his aid.

“I joined the League to make up for the travesties committed by my species, and I will gladly give my life to atone for this final, terrible betrayal! I stand now in the Coliseum, to demand that Aurax step down or be cut down, so we may appoint new leaders of our own choosing. Those of you who are willing to fight one final battle for our cause, join me there!”

OOC: I’m not sure how many of these folks are still active, but I’m just tagging everyone with a League/Barraki-affiliated character listed - @Toru Nui @~Xemnas~ @Toa of Plastic @Kal the Guardian  @Eyru @Onaku @The UltimoScorp @Unreliable Narrator. Anyone else in the city or its vicinity, or could feasibly pick up the radio message, is welcome to respond/react as well.

• Like 7

IC: ??? | The Coliseum

There was a long pause. Then Zaliyah's radio crackled to life. 

"That too many big words. But... sound like you gonna make big fight."

She could almost hear the broad smile over the airwaves. 

"Poroka always ready for big fight."

• Like 10