I'm Back To...but What Did I Come Back To?

Lewa the Demonic

When I first joined this was a bionicle haven, I know the brand is basically dead in the water but why aren't we celebrating it's existence anymore? And Hero Factory, who's actually into that, I just walk into Target and pass through the lego isle, never failing to shoot a disappointed glance at what is now where the bionicle products once were. Maybe, just maybe there are two or three hero factory sets I like. MY question is this, who here hasn't forgotten bionicle and still has yet to accept "Hero Factory"? I know I won't.

I'M BACK BABY!

Hero Factory's perfectly fine. Very few people still hate Hero Factory for the sole reason it replaced BIONICLE; it's been a couple years. Let it go, man. Plus, the sets are actually quite good.Plus, last I checked, BIONICLE was still the focus here.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well, to be frank, it's hard to have thriving discussion about a line that's had no new sets for a year and a half, and no new story for just over half a year. As for HF, it has its fans, it has its detractors.I guess the best way to put it is that we all came here because we like(d) Bionicle, but that's not necessarily the reason we're here now.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

If there was another line between BIONICLE and Hero Factory, Hero Factory wouldn't get as much hate. It's inane to hate a line solely because it "replaced BIONICLE".I haven't forgotten BIONICLE. I don't think I ever will. But at the same time, I'm not of the extreme vocal minority who still cling to the belief that petitioning LEGO with a few dozen signatures is going to change things. Because it won't.I really don't care what LEGO calls their main constraction line, to be perfectly honest. As long as LEGO still has a main constraction line, I'll be sure to purchase the sets that have nice parts.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I loved bionicle, but I've accepted the fact that if It's gone, It's gone. If it does come back though, It'll probably come back as something I don't like, and I will constantly compare it the "the golden years."as it is, hero factory wipes the slate clean and gives us a completely new platform to work from. I like that.The only sets I have not come to accept are the new super hero sets; they remind me too much of the old mega blocks action figures.-The Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Sumiki stole that from my brain pretty much. :PThe only downside I see with the Hero Factory sets now is that it's more ball-and-socket than anything else, with the exception of the titan sets, and that makes it harder to build creations using pieces from both lines. The only real disappointment for me now is that Hero Factory's story can't match up to the story of Bionicle at all.-ibrow

The Hero Factory sets have introduced a ton of awesome new pieces, but I'm definitely not a fan of its storyline. I guess I'm too old to appreciate Hero Factory as anything besides a wealth of new parts.I like Bionicle a lot, but I'm not very anxious for its return yet. In ten years I'll be campaigning to have it re-released, probably, but now is far too soon. I'm fine with taking a break from following Bionicle's storyline for a little while, and the toyline needs a hiatus anyway, so I'm not particularly resentful of the people who decided to end it (and unlike many other people, I was actually quite satisfied with the storyline's conclusion).

The only real disappointment for me now is that Hero Factory's story can't match up to the story of Bionicle at all.

Likewise. I just try to pretend the "official" story doesn't exist--the plots are forgettable enough that it isn't too hard most of the time.The sets, on the other hand, are nearly as good as Bionicle's were (with the exception of the mediocre 1.0 heroes), and there have already been some that are equal to their predicessor's, such as Witch Doctor. This has long since compensated for the disappointment I felt over the change."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

When I first joined this was a bionicle haven, I know the brand is basically dead in the water but why aren't we celebrating it's existence anymore? And Hero Factory, who's actually into that?. Maybe, just maybe there are two or three hero factory sets I like. MY question is this, who here hasn't forgotten bionicle and still has yet to accept "Hero Factory"? I know I won't.

I stand with you.considering my entire life has been centered around bionicle, and that my whole life declined ever since the sets ended, I wil never forget bionicle. I'm not at the point where I hate hero factory anymore, but I do recognize that the sets have a large amount of playability and are sturdy, but bland, which should appeal for younger people, but I still don't like it. but the pieces have barely any detail.the popularity of bionicle has declined ever since the downtime, due to the unfortunate migration of bronies, who have subjegated many to their fanatical cause.that is all. good night

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Nobody here has forgotten BIONICLE, but when it was alive a lot of the conversations here were focused on whatever was new. New sets, new story, etc. Until there is actual new content once again (and nobody can know for sure how long that will be), then there will never be as much BIONICLE-related discussion as there was in the theme's heyday.As for Hero Factory, a lot of people haven't accepted it. A lot of them never will. No matter how you slice it, it's a different theme. For some people, Hero Factory is just the same thing as BIONICLE but dressed up differently, because the things they liked best about BIONICLE are just as present in Hero Factory. For others, Hero Factory is terribly inferior, because the things they liked best about BIONICLE are absent from Hero Factory. Those who like Hero Factory will discuss it, and for those who dislike it there are plenty of more enjoyable uses for their time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to hate Hero Factory, but now I just don't care. Never really liked it, still don't. However, I don't sit around stewing over Hero Factory, I just accept that's there now, and there's nothing I can do about it. I just don't buy the sets, and that's that. But, I still really enjoy BIONICLE. I miss BIONICLE, as well.I don't glare at the Hero Factory section of the aisle, I just look at it and remember the good days of buying Rahkshi and Toa Metru and everything when I was younger. nostelgia, huh?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Somehow I didn't see this fifteen days ago... but might as well add my simple answer:

When I first joined this was a bionicle haven, I know the brand is basically dead in the water but why aren't we celebrating it's existence anymore?

We are. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I haven't forgotten Bionicle, and don't get that many Hero Factory sets. I ranted and raved about how mad I was about Bionicle ending that no one buys me any Hero Factory sets for my birthday, so now I have no parts. kinda sad really. But now I'm over it, and though I won't except Hero Factory as a suitable replacement for Bionicle, it is what it is and that's that.

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

I wish I could have gotten more out of Bionicle, but no chance of that now. Hero Factory's designs are horrible, in my opinion. I'm not going to rage about the lame story, that's to be expected. But when they make the armor gappy and flawed (even more so than the worst-armored Bionicle set, I mean they have these little plates on their bodies and GLARING openings where they could be hit, it overall looks goofy and weak) that's when I despise the sets. At least we have MOCing, right?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, there are lots of people here who do still like Bionicle -- fanart, fanfiction, comics and comedies are still made centered around the line, after all. (Not to mention that people still use avatars and signatures from the line, too). But Bionicle ended a while ago, and for a lot of people who like buildable action figures, Hero Factory was an easy replacement (I only ever got two sets, as gifts, but I'd say that's more related to me putting money elsewhere... oh, and Lego Friends :3). I never understood the rationale of hating, or even disliking, Hero Factory on the sole notion that it replaced Bionicle -- sure, maybe the story is bad (I don't know what it is, so I can't judge), but there were plenty of people who felt the same about Bionicle's story (which was, really, just rehash after rehash of the same story) and I only bring this up because it's... somewhat changeable. Like, fanfiction has created many alternate storylines -- some of them quite awesome -- and it's another way to apply imagination to Lego-y stuffies.That's just my take~

I wish I could have gotten more out of Bionicle, but no chance of that now. Hero Factory's designs are horrible, in my opinion. I'm not going to rage about the lame story, that's to be expected. But when they make the armor gappy and flawed (even more so than the worst-armored Bionicle set, I mean they have these little plates on their bodies and GLARING openings where they could be hit, it overall looks goofy and weak) that's when I despise the sets. At least we have MOCing, right?

That's your opinion. I personally think the HF armor is better than Bionicle armor. I mean, most leg and arm pieces in BIONICLE (like the original Toa legs, the Rakhshi legs, etc) have holes going straight through them. Don't get me started on torsos, where some sets like the Piraka looked like they had a body made of swiss cheese. HF on the other hand has mostly solid endoskeletons onto which armor cladding is placed. Some sets have a lack of armor on certain areas (such as backs), but the most recent wave has worked to remedy this.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

What's BIONICLE? Oh, that old theme that ended at a good time by LEGO's willingness to try something new... that works just fine? Yeah, I remember that it's gone, but accept that. I think Hero Factory is a fresh start, and is starting sort of like how BIONICLE did way back in 2001. Now that we've all grown up, there's a whole line of young'uns who need something to play with, and BIONICLE was so far into the story that it couldn't easily attract a new audience. With Hero Factory, the story isn't the sole basis of the sets, therefore a builder can start at any time.Also, Ninjago is another good alternative to BIONICLE. It follows similar themes and morals, and has a very good story structure, like BIONICLE once had.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I certainly haven't forgotten Bionicle, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying other things. I can see some potential in Lego's new parts as opposed to the new system, and I like the new Breakout game, but I haven't played it because I spend too much time on here. That should tell you what I like more. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We celebrate Bionicle's existence, just look at the creative outlets. But, we also talk about HF here. I may not like it, but I don't really hate it anymore.It's a Lego forum now and Bionicle is dead, so there's gonna be more Lego related, then Bionicle related topics.But I think the creativity is going to remain Bionicle dominated for awhile.

• 4 weeks later...

Concerning Hero Factory.I have watched HF for a while and even seen a few sets in the... flesh? For lack of a better word we'll go with that. HF has its ups and downs. It is not the same as BIONICLE and in some regards it is unfair to compare the two. I rather like Hero Factory. It has some interesting new parts (of which I intend to eventually obtain some) and some acceptable sets. There are good characters in the story. It has a simple story, which, though shallow, is not all that bad. The story of HF tries something different than that of BIONICLE.So I like HF. Does that mean I don't want BIONICLE back? No. If I could sacrifice HF for BIONICLE's return, I would do it. Just remember, you can like both, just be civil about it. Oh, and Rarity. The way I see it, BIONICLE is not dead. It's simply on life support.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten Bionicle, it still has a place in my memory. Hero Factory on the other hand...I haven't taken the time to really give a chance. I have seen the sets and I'm not impressed, but the argument is, would I feel the same way if Hero Factory had entered my life at age 11 rather than Bionicle? Probably not. I have sold off all my Bionicle sets, books, comics, movies, and the only physical remnant of anything Bionicle in my home (or Lego for that matter) is a Mask of Time that came with one of my Vahki - I like that mask. At present, Hero Factory is not my priority to understand or set aside time/money for. To be honest, I am only still here because of my longstanding ties to Bionicle - a connection that is strongest in the Library for me now. I like to write and I like Bionicle, and I still have overlap between those subjects in my life. Hero Factory has no connection for me and like many TV shows I intend to follow and then never keep up with, it is a back-burner priority right now and may never move beyond that. -Ced