Techna: Breakdown

OOC: Fon Master Ion! ... Okay, okay, I'll stop making TotA references every two seconds, but I was just waiting for Ion to be mentioned again for that. =P-==IC: Alca==-"But, only since the crash, and only because it happened to activate you. However, the only problem is; do they even care? Do they even think they have a chance to get off the planet anymore? I could replicate almost everything about the ship; however, they don't know they. They also don't know that it could even work, because they have no clue that even one of their old Spherus Magnan scientists is still alive." Alcasedes said, a malicious smile once more."However; them... the originals... They're nothing but trouble; just flaws in the system. If it wasn't for them, this wouldn't have happened." Alca stated, motioning to the wreckage of the ship."I want the originals replaced. However, I do not have enough data to make sure that this would work. Yes, I do slightly require your help; but if you really wish, you could stay here... However, you would simply be a liability if you got yourself blown up simply because you were too stubborn to accept my offer." Alca said, and shrugged, as he began to turn away."Crush them." He coldly instructed his Toa of Iron comrade, though, the attack would stop... If the AI wanted to continue negotiations.

OOC: Look guys, can we just go with Esao being a Type 5 Chaotic Evil character and end it at that? He fell past the Moral Event Horizon when he melted somebody from the inside. And probably before that.IC: Thazris / KrazhiaThazris stood atop the roof of one of the many obsidian buildings of Krazhia, hurtling empty bottles at the walls and the floors.He looked at the Tower of Venus. What was that Ryjak doing in there anyways?IC: AMTaOS - Vahki Messenger / Wreckage of Techna-Nui"No! No, please, don't kill my robots; my kin!""...""Heh heh heh. Do you really think I mind you crushing a few worthless pieces of scrap metal? They're no important to me than you are. And you're not important to me.""I accept your offer to bring me test subjects. And I will test them. But I am not leaving my Facility to the Technans.""Besides, I have reasons to suspect this place is far more important than you could possibly know."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Equinox (Eastern Canyon)Equinox shrugged."Call me when you need me," he said, his eyes fading back to blue. Gust was in control again."So...what happened back at the city?" he asked, skirting over the issue of Esao. He'd deal with his old squadmate later. For now...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: DridakNow the important questions were finally being asked. Dridak reminded himself that if he was going to do this, he'd do it with dignity, meaning not betraying his comrades...something he had never done before in his life. His heart rate began to turn up a notch but he remained calm and impassive...for now."One thing at a time...I'll start with the bombings." he licked his lips, staring at nothing in particular for a few seconds. If anything, he'd procrastinate for a little."Well, it started off with a nice chat, no joke, until he assigned Unari and I to bomb you guys out of the blue. Didn't really give us any details or the option to refuse, he just left." Dridak explained truthfully, deeming this information harmless. It was just as good as saying 'We were tasked to bomb you so we did it.'He paused again. Another harmless yet useless truth came Esao's way."Where we met...well, I don't really know what to tell you seeing as how I'm really going to get it for this one but where we met, eh...?""We met in your friendly neighborhood street in Krazhia." Dridak said, a tiny chuckle escaping him. Soon the pain would begin.

IC: Gust (Eastern Canyon)Gust sighed and shook his head.Oh, Esao..."Well, then, we should finish this up as soon as possible, then, shouldn't we?" he asked, as he climbed over a hill and perched on top of it. "There it is."He sighed again, staring at the sad remains of the Techna Nui."There's the ship."IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)"And Krahzia's location?"OOC: Next hour. Current in-game time is 9:00 P.M.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

-==IC: Kairan//Eastern Canyon==-"The citadel was blown up?" Kairan asked, as he raised an eyebrow at that."Why would the hackers have waited until now to do that...?" Kairan asked with a frown, as he shook his head, nothing making sense.Doesn't help that no-one's giving me any info on the situation, I'm even more in the dark than most of the group. Kairan thought to himself, as he didn't want to voice that out loud.

IC: DridakDridak wet his lips even further, pausing for a long time as he looked at the ground. The Toa of shadow didn't look up, his face showing obvious signs of the wheels in his head spinning as he made a decision with himself: another ruse just to kill some time.

-==IC: Kairan//Hovercraft==-Kairan sighed, as he sat in the hovercraft, acting as guard for that, though he shook his head.I have to stay behind to guard the ship, not even given any sort of information about what happened, aside from the fact that it was the Citadel and Housing Districts that blew up... And no-one's answering still. Kairan sighed, and shook his head again, but transmitted as much information about the ship and Ai and the testing facility, as he could.

IC: Esao (Interrogation Room, CHI)I looked at the viewing window: the others had been cut off from communication with me after I turned off the surveillance equipment, and the windows were now opaqued."Listen to me, Dridak. If you tell me where to find Krahzia in the next sixty seconds, you get immunity. You walk out, you go home, and you never see any of us again. No persecution for what you did today. This is the best deal of your life. I'd advise you take it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Reet - Being abducted Reet felt strange. Some kind of drone appeared in front of him. He kicked it out of the air, figuring it was a Hacker trick. More came. He felt a bolt hit his leg, then more. Then he was swarmed. He went down as one hit the back of his hand, his heart rate rising...-Ryjak - Venus TowerRyjak cursed as the feed went off, all four screens buzzing off. He quickly got a Hacker to access to Dridak's brain implant, giving another live feed. He debated transporting there...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Refuse Esao and you get killed.IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)"We have to assume Ryjak has access to CHI," I pressured. "You need to tell me now so we can get you out of here before anyone loyal to him shows up."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: DridakDridak merely gave out a hollowed laugh, one tinged with a hint of fake sadness so well-played that it could make a man feel pity for such a despicable Toa of shadow."Lovely gift on your part but I am afraid that I will have to disagree with you there, my good man." he began, trying to get on Esao's better side, if he had one for criminals that was."My only home is Krazhia and going back there would get me killed. Staying here would be no better: people here shun my kind, I would likely be murdered in my sleep. Ryjak would send his lackies after me so in the end, this is a lose lose situation." he concluded however he continued to keep the face of a thinking man, slightly depressed as he thought about the deal.A ruse. Dridak knew that deep down inside that death for him was inevitable.Dignity.The word repeated itself in his head over and over again. He would be the better man and stay true to his word and allies until the very end.

IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)"Alright, then," I said, hurrying up my speech. "You're going to die. That's a definite. Then do something good with your life. One final act of decency."I felt no pity for this guy, but he was my only link to Krahzia..."**** it, Dridak!" I yelled, grabbing him by the shoulders. "You can do something decent and GOOD with your life right now. God will forgive you. If you don't believe me, ask him when you see him."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: DridakFinally looking up, Dridak revealed a once more impassive yet weary face."If I am surely to die, then I don't see much point in betraying my brothers and sisters. Our ideals of good and evil are both very different, twisted, warped even, mine more so than yours." he began, sighing."I don't believe God has room for abominations for me in heaven. I've sunk too low according to regular morals and standards.""Do you know what defines us as people, Esao?"

IC - Zarayna - New Metru Nui:My employer isn't taking many chances, I know that much. Who he is, I don't know, who he works for, not do I know who he is. All I know is that although he lives in a standard house in New Metru Nui, he has a guard of a Psionics, and tow iron toa, well armed and armored, and probably as good in combat as myself. As always, when entering, I detach my wristblades, ammo belt, and hidden blade, handing them to one of the guards. I then proceed into the inner room. my employer is there as usual, robed, his face hidden behind an opaque Kaukau. I drop the mask of my target on the table. "Mission complete," I say flatly, and hew nods, taking the mask in his hands. I know the masks's true power, and he nods, its past confirmed. "Very good. I'm told you were at the CHI headquarters. Why?" His voice is toneless, almost like a robot's: I know it's so that no one will know his actual one. "I met an old comrade of mine, a Fe Matoran named Mars, a member of CHI. Now that this mission is done, i'm considering joining," i reply. he nods, and I am well aware that he already knows this, his Psionics guard would have informed him by thought. "But Zarayna... What if this mission isn't over?" I consider. "it is, the terms specify it. If you wish to hire me on another mission however, i would be willing to put that first," I reply evenly. He nods. "CHI... Interests me. Join them, but let me know just what they're about, who runs them, and the suchlike for starters, although I may ask for more later." I frown. "A spy you mean?" "Not exactly. A spy is one who works for an enemy force, i am just curious about CHI, that is all." I know he is lying through his teeth, but i don't show that. "How much pay?" I ask. "I'm well aware of your prices, and your abilities. shall we say the same rate as I paid you for this mission per week?" I nod. for a simple job like this, it's high pay. "Very well. First installment I will request for up front as security, as is normal," I reply. I doubt he likes that setup very much, but he agrees, and I'm paid. As I'm about to leave, he speaks again. "I know that you think there's more to me than I let out. You're perceptive, but ware this: I don't like people who poke, or people who report what they poke at. your mind is strong, strong enough so that it took my guard two meetings with you to break through. Be warned though, CHI has people more skillful than her. For your own protection, all you will know of this mission after you leave is that you are curious about the workings of CHI, and although you will not tell any member of Chi, or anyone for that matter, but you will record whatever you are requested of CHI's workings and members. Rest assured, you will be paid." I frown, as i do not5 like my memories tampered with. "When the mission is done, memories will be readded, but until then..." He gestures to the toa behind him.Zarayna walked out of the house, his mind exactly like how his employer had said it would be, in words he did not remember.

IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)"Our choices," I said with finality. "Look at me, Dridak. I'm not one of them. You saw that yourself. I'm not one of you, either, though. Does that make me any less of a person?"I shook my head sadly."I don't believe in the concept of a soul, because if I did, I'd believe that it's beyond saving, especially after the events of the last five hours. What I do believe is that the choices I've made, the reasons I've done what I've done, will be my salvation. Even if God doesn't see it that way, then at least I'd be happy with myself knowing that I did what I truly believe is right."I sighed."Some people are more comfortable in ****. Maybe I'm one of them."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Ryjak - Venus Tower/Interrogation roomGood. He had closed out the room. Now he could get in there without trouble. Well, relatively. Esao could be considered a problem. But still, he couldn't let Dridak crack under pressure. One of his greatest advantages was being hidden. Only one way he could get there. This was a simple process in the right circumstances. He focused on the screen, on a particular shadow. Esao's shadow. He willed it to expand, and it did. Esao now had two shadows. One was his, the other looked like Ryjak. As if they were contained in the same space. The the shadow became solid. A being rose from it. It became his shadow. Esao, of course, was too busy with Dridak to notice the silent Toa.He lifted a finger to his mouth to silence said Toa, as he didn't want to be noticed. Now? To free his other agents.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Dridak"Exactly." Dridak said with satisfaction."You and I are...alike, even if you fail to grasp such a strange aspect of life. Why do you choose to what you do? Because you believe it's right. As mentioned earlier, our morals and standards are two completely different things.""And me? I did what I believed was right. Do you see the similarity? Were you and I in each other's shoes, we both would have done the same: stand and fight for what we believe in. Giving into you would be for me an act of betrayal, of cowardice. I don't agree with your point of view in life, therefore spilling the beans wouldn't agree with me, destroying everything I have worked for in my entire life."Not budging his eyes off of Esao, he could sense Ryjak's shadow however he made no indication to reveal this tiny bit of detail. Surprise did well up in him though but if taken note of, it could be mistaken for inner turmoil."So I'm sorry but I'm afraid I am going to have to leave you empty-handed. I will die with dignity, my pride intact and my staying true to my beliefs." he said, somewhat conclusively.

IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)I sighed and shook my head."I'm not going to kill you, Dridak," I said, standing up. "We have to get back you back to a holding cell, though. I'm sor--"I stopped, my hand going for my Patriot and drawing it."Ryjak," I said, taking note of my second shadow.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Northern VolcanoThe volcano, other than its immense size, did not fill Arketh with any more awe. Nothing had captured his attention so far as he flew around above its slopes. But, maybe the mountain's points of interest were held within its crater, rather than on its outside.Changing direction, he propelled himself straight up to the summit... and into another portal. Much like his journey here, it would probably take a couple of gateways to reach the volcano's vent, because of its size.

IC - Ryjak - Interrogation room"Esao," he answered calmly.He didn't pull any weapons out, though he spread his fingers out towards the window, shadow bolts firing at it. They hit one by one, shattering the glass. More bolts destroyed the door and lock."Twila. Mror. Get in here."He pulled out a sub-machine gun, leaping back against a wall and firing it at Esao.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Twila - Interrogation Room, CHI -Twila didn't hesitate to do as she was told, she dragged Mror with her. (OOC: Cause Krayz is offline :P) She stood behind Ryjak, still looking at Esao with fear but managed to stick her tongue at him.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)I ducked underneath the bullets with my Calix and spun, flipping the table and using it as cover. I lit a large ring of fire around myself, preventing any source of shadow. Working fast, I propped the barrel of my Patriot up onto the table and began to fire."Mandala to all units!" I yelled. "Ryjak is inside the building! I want all available TAC teams to Interrogation 3!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: DridakAnd the cavalry has arrived to come save me.Dridak sat in his chair calmly, his eyes darting faster than they ever had in his life, waiting to be untied from this infernal chair.OOC: I just realized...they took his mask and weapons away from him...looks like I'll have to get some new ones back at Krazhia, maybe.

IC-Hasil:Hasil heard Esao's message. "Off we go, General Airu," he said, putting an emphasis on the rank. He didn't really care for ranks beyond those of his tribe, but oh well. He grabbed Keyana and Airu, before jumping down and running off towards the CHI Interrogation sub-unit.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Airu (New Metru Nui)Airu cursed. Esao was good, but Ryjak was powerful: skilled beyond anyone he had ever seen with the element of Shadow, even most Makuta. Not to mention, Esao was cocky. Too cocky.He activated his Kadin and flew through the window of the Office of the Director of Field Ops, shooting open the glass windows and flying down to the ground level."Where is Interrogation 3?" he yelled. A frightened analyst directed him down a hallway and Airu drew two Patriots, prepared for the worst.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Mild bunnying ahead.IC: Mirtue nodded. He produced another cup to the being's specifications and sat down on the counter right next to the other occupant of the shop, giving the being his tea.There was silence for a short while as the two stirred with the spoons Kopaka had brought along and sipped. Then the tailor spoke."Mr. Kopaka Mirtue at your service." He nodded for the other to introduce his self as well.Esao's office was unoccupied.No one stirred within its austere walls. No being sat behind or before its desk.But some things were there all the same.A tray with one frappuchino, a Tahu burger, and a note with only two exhaustedly scrawled words on it:'I accept'.Mars slept within the locked and otherwise uninhabited barracks she had encamped in. Her weaponry, clothes, and external armor were strewn around the room as though it had always been hers.And despite all desparate calls; all explosions that shook New Metru Nui's very foundation; every sound large enough to pierce the barrack's walls, and those that had snuck in via ducts and radio; the matoran slept on.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC - Ryjak - Interrogation RoomRyjak needed shadow. So he created it. Rushing to Twila, mask of speed raging, he grabbed her arm and engulfed her in shadow, sending her to the confines of his room in Krahzia. Another quick flash and Dridak- chair and all -was sent back as well. One last flash, and Mror was gone.He then stopped."So, Esao. What do you think? On a scale of one to ten, how well was my plan executed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Esao (Interrogation, CHI)I pulled the trigger again. Click. Empty. Sighing, I cast the gun to the floor."Solid 8.5," I replied bitingly. "1 point off for losing a teammember, and .5 for forgetting the most crucial element of every single defensive maneuver."I flicked the lightswitch, making it impossible for Ryjak to find a shadow with which to teleport, just as Airu and Hasil ran in, Patriots and swords drawn and ready."Backup," I said with a smug smirk.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Dridak (Krazhia)Dridak was shocked to see that he was suddenly back in Krazhia, in Ryjak's office actually. Just a few moments back, he could have actually died, his heart racing; the change was all so sudden and the reality difficult to accept so easily."Twila, Mror...may one of you please untie me from this Karzahni-forsaken chair and get me a Jutlin please?" he asked smoothly, his tone indicating that refusal wouldn't be a very smart idea.

IC: Twila - Ryjak's Room, Krahzia -Twila nodded and began to tried to untie the ropes, it turned out she didn't know how, so she made a concentrated blast of shadow in her finger and cut the rope off. "There,and as for a Jutlin, beats me where to find one of those..." She said, then she sat down and caught her breath, she started to laugh, very delighted she was now safe in Krahzia.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar