Current Status Of The Bohrok

Once Mata Nui's face was cleared they all went back into hibernation in their nests. That's where they are now. I'm not sure whether the 'death' of the Mata Nui robot will affect them at all; they'll likely stay in hibernation for all eternity.

I think what Kumata says is true, it's also possible the Matoran will use the Bohrok as they did on Mata-Nui, by removing the Krana and giving them orders. If you want to see an interesting perspective on what could happen to them, I'd recommend reading Bonesiii's short Story 'The Islander'

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Some of the Bohrok which were sent into orbit around Aqua Magna might now be either orbiting Spherus Magna or I suppose that if Aqua Magna collided in a certain way with Bara Magna and they were in a certain part of their orbit some of the Bohrok might have been gravitationally slingshot by Bara Magna, and they would now be traveling away from Spherus Magna, but I'm not entirely sure that the circumstances would allow for that. Also, if they were in a certain part of their orbit, other Bohrok might have been crushed when Aqua Magna collided with Bara Magna.

Sibnce they were in Mata Nui's face, I imagine they dealt with the most violent of cataclysms, and many Bohrok were probably destroyed, either by the fragment or the crash-landing.But yeah, both Bahrag survived. I guess they were right next to each other when it happened, protecting each other with their symbiosis powers.@Oxymoronaphobia: The Bohrok are basically dead Av-Matoran. If Mata Nui could do that, he'd basically bring them back to life. Is anyone aside from Takutanuva able to do that?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Sibnce they were in Mata Nui's face, I imagine they dealt with the most violent of cataclysms, and many Bohrok were probably destroyed, either by the fragment or the crash-landing.But yeah, both Bahrag survived. I guess they were right next to each other when it happened, protecting each other with their symbiosis powers.@Oxymoronaphobia: The Bohrok are basically dead Av-Matoran. If Mata Nui could do that, he'd basically bring them back to life. Is anyone aside from Takutanuva able to do that?

The Matoran were closer to the impact, being in the middle of the head, and they survived without having their own powers, so the Bahrag should not need special protection. Probably as I've theorized before, inertial dampener devices run automatically in the giant robot, and kept going until a while after it had come to rest, so everybody inside was protected.And the Mask of Life turned Dekar into a revived Hydraxon. Turning the same body into its old form and reviving their spirits is easier than that, I would think. Dunno if there's a time limit to that ability, though. There is one to what Takutanuva did (and that would require their masks).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

^ Agree.Locked in hibernation, they will probably stay there for the eternity. I don't see how they could re-awaken, for their task is no longer requested to be done.

Unless some evil hacker guy decides he wants a convenient robot army that will respond to his every command. :)Hey, it's possible.

^ Agree.Locked in hibernation, they will probably stay there for the eternity. I don't see how they could re-awaken, for their task is no longer requested to be done.

Unless some evil hacker guy decides he wants a convenient robot army that will respond to his every command. :)Hey, it's possible.
Well, if someone could copy the signal needed to awaken and control them, then yes, it's possible.

WIP

Well, if someone could copy the signal needed to awaken and control them, then yes, it's possible.
Actually, it's more likely that, if Cahdok and Gahdok run into trouble in Spherus Magna, then they will unleash their army. :evilgrin: Between that possibility and the one I just mentioned above, I find it unlikely that they will remain in stasis forever. They might be in stasis for a very long time, but they are just too useful...someone is bound to recognize a resource when they see one, either as an army or an extra pair of hands.

Welp, let's just hope Krakua doesn't turn evil and obtain delusions of taking over the world.Anyway, I think they're probably just sleeping, waiting for eternity.

Welp, let's just hope Krakua doesn't turn evil and obtain delusions of taking over the world.Anyway, I think they're probably just sleeping, waiting for eternity.
Hey, he doesn't even have to be delusional. All he has to do is realize the utility in having an extra pair of robotic hands/powers. After all, that's what the Matoran did on Mata Nui for awhile. Granted, however, it is a calculated risk unless you have Cahdok and Gahdok on your side...:)

They are in stasis above Metru Nui, in the nest. They an live through the depletion of life systems, as they don't need to breathe or eat. They won't likely be awakened unless one again needed again. The Queens, if not with their swarms, will must likely have moved to Spherus Magna.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I don't agree with the "hacker" opinion, joke or not, nor with Cahdok and Gahdok "resurrecting" them: hacking the Bohrok looks like something nearly impossible, IMO. About the the other opinion, my question is: is the twins' will more powerful than Bohrok's default orders? I'd go with the second thing.

"Hacking" might be relatively easy, actually. First, mimic the signal to wake them up. This would be the hard part; Makuta had special knowledge of it, probably through Mutran from Tren Krom, But it might be possible to find out how to do it by some other means. Also, they can be moved around without waking, so the Krana could all be removed before waking them. Then, simply give voice commands to tell them what you want them to do.And if the Bahrag did need help to survive, surely they could send the waking signal and command the Bohrok to do whatever they needed done. Survival of their queens is obviously the most important thing for the preservation of their ability to clean, since while cleaning the queens direct their behavior, etc. So in such a case the two things aren't in opposition as you seem to assume; the one can drive the other. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't agree with the "hacker" opinion, joke or not, nor with Cahdok and Gahdok "resurrecting" them: hacking the Bohrok looks like something nearly impossible, IMO. About the the other opinion, my question is: is the twins' will more powerful than Bohrok's default orders? I'd go with the second thing.

"Hacking" might be relatively easy, actually. First, mimic the signal to wake them up. This would be the hard part; Makuta had special knowledge of it, probably through Mutran from Tren Krom, But it might be possible to find out how to do it by some other means. Also, they can be moved around without waking, so the Krana could all be removed before waking them. Then, simply give voice commands to tell them what you want them to do.And if the Bahrag did need help to survive, surely they could send the waking signal and command the Bohrok to do whatever they needed done. Survival of their queens is obviously the most important thing for the preservation of their ability to clean, since while cleaning the queens direct their behavior, etc. So in such a case the two things aren't in opposition as you seem to assume; the one can drive the other.
Hmmm, okay.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say that most of the Bohrok are probably crushed by the impact of the Mata Nui robot being hit in the head with a planet, which makes sense. I also have a question: If a lot of the Bohrok did survive, could Krakua remove their krana and awaken and control them? You know, if he went bad.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

I would say that most of the Bohrok are probably crushed by the impact of the Mata Nui robot being hit in the head with a planet, which makes sense.
Depending on what you mean by "most", this is probably incorrect. The Bohrok had many nests above the ceiling of the dome so in the front of the head, not the back, and the extra nests that were beneath Metru Nui, or at least some, were confirmed to be relatively high up. We know that most of the "basement" of Metru Nui survived; it was the deepest layer that contained the machinery of Mata Nui's brain itself that was destroyed. So most of the Bohrok should have survived.Even if close to or more than fifty percent of the "backup nests" under Metru Nui were destroyed, the Bahrag themselves and a plenty huge number int he front of the head survived.
I also have a question: If a lot of the Bohrok did survive, could Krakua remove their krana and awaken and control them? You know, if he went bad.
Anyone could, except the signal is the tricky part. I don't think we know what kind of a signal it is; I presume that by mentioning Krakua you were guessing it's a sonic signal, but it could be more like a radio signal. We don't know what it is. But yes, IF you could somehow get them to wake up, and if you could dekrana some, you could give them voice commands and they would obey you.

The Matoran were closer to the impact, being in the middle of the head, and they survived without having their own powers, so the Bahrag should not need special protection.
Ah, but didn't the Great Spirit Robot land face down when it fell? That could make a difference, though I too expect most of the Bohrok survived.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Good point. But the nests are on the inside, much like the Core processor on the inside of the back of the head survived Mata Nui crashing face-up on Aqua Magna, so yeah, likely most survived, or a huge number anyways.

I also have a question: If a lot of the Bohrok did survive, could Krakua remove their krana and awaken and control them? You know, if he went bad.
Anyone could, except the signal is the tricky part. I don't think we know what kind of a signal it is; I presume that by mentioning Krakua you were guessing it's a sonic signal, but it could be more like a radio signal. We don't know what it is.
Just thought I'd pop in and confirm it was a sonic signal - I asked GregF in a PM way back - plus during the Battle of Metru Nui the Order brought in Krakua specifically so he could use his powers to wake up the Bohrok directly beneath the city.

Ah... so the answer then would be a yes. :)

They're probably been deactivated. As for the Bahrag, I'd say that they're probably on Spherus Magna or deactivated somehow.
The Bahrag are on SM, the Bohrok are deactivated and in stasis.
But what would the Bahrag be doing on SM? I mean, their only real function was to command the swarms. I feel like being on SM would be useless for them.

They're probably been deactivated. As for the Bahrag, I'd say that they're probably on Spherus Magna or deactivated somehow.
But what would the Bahrag be doing on SM? I mean, their only real function was to command the swarms. I feel like being on SM would be useless for them.
:shrugs: That's what's confirmed. They're there because they want to be there, I guess. Why hang around in a stasis pod when there's an entire planet to explore?The purpose of the swarms is gone, so why bother sticking around to command them? That's how I see it.

Surviving. They apparently have a self-preservation instinct. That's enough for us without having a special job, why not Bahrag?And their programming doesn't necessarily end now that the robot can't function. It may simply be that based on their programming they need to continue to preserve the ability to command the swarms to Clean, even though now there won't (as far as you know ;)) be anything to clean again. Thus they need to survive, and the MU has become dangerous.So it isn't necessarily self-preservation for its own sake, but may be for the sake of the normal job. Just because you know that normal job isn't needed anymore doesn't mean they can just toss away their programming. To me that programming seemed to override all other considerations. Even when they were launched early and people they weren't actually enemies of -- as they even said -- were in their way, they had no choice but to carry out the programming. Edited by bonesiii

Yeah, they should be in their hibernation nests. As for the Bahrag, I think they remained in captivity under the island of Mata Nui after the Toa Nuva defeated the Bohrok-Kal and my hypothesis is they were destroyed along with the island when the M.U. robot stood up.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Yeah, they should be in their hibernation nests. As for the Bahrag, I think they remained in captivity under the island of Mata Nui after the Toa Nuva defeated the Bohrok-Kal and my hypothesis is they were destroyed along with the island when the M.U. robot stood up.
Er, the Bahrag were released by the Toa Nuva to clean off the island of Mata Nui in preparation for Mata Nui's awakening...and then they retreated to the island of the robot, where they belonged. :)

Er, the Bahrag were released by the Toa Nuva to clean off the island of Mata Nui in preparation for Mata Nui's awakening...and then they retreated to the island of the robot, where they belonged. :)
And as we were just discussing lol, it's confirmed they migrated to SM, which they couldn't do if dead.A perfect example of why you should read through a topic's replies before posting. :P

Was it confirmed that the Bahrag migrated on their own? I thought the Bohrok cleaned off Mata Nui's face then went back into hibernation shortly before the Teridax takeover, and assumed that later on the Toa Nuva rescued the hibernating Bahrag from the wreckage of the robot.

Surviving. They apparently have a self-preservation instinct. That's enough for us without having a special job, why not Bahrag?And their programming doesn't necessarily end now that the robot can't function. It may simply be that based on their programming they need to continue to preserve the ability to command the swarms to Clean, even though now there won't (as far as you know ;)) be anything to clean again. Thus they need to survive, and the MU has become dangerous.So it isn't necessarily self-preservation for its own sake, but may be for the sake of the normal job. Just because you know that normal job isn't needed anymore doesn't mean they can just toss away their programming. To me that programming seemed to override all other considerations. Even when they were launched early and people they weren't actually enemies of -- as they even said -- were in their way, they had no choice but to carry out the programming.
So, they've basically became Rahi in a sense?

It's confirmed the Bohrok are still in hybernation, yes.And to the question of whether the Bahrag have "become" Rahi, the problem with the question is that Matoran often label any being that is shaped radically differently from them "Rahi" even if they're nearly or just as intelligent as Matoran. And Bahrag appear to be just as intelligent, except for the overpowering drive of their programming. If you wanna call that Rahi go ahead; it's valid, but I prefer to think of them as their own thing. They are clearly not just animals in the normal sense.

Edited by bonesiii

What was the purpose of the Bohroks? And how is it possible to take their krana if it is beneath the faceplate? What are they cleaning? Is it the krana controlling the Bohrok or does the Bohrok need a krana to control himself? Do they all need the krana to function? Are they 100% robot or do they have organs?

Edited by Bryndreki