RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

I was actually trying to compare it to the original version. We've added a whole lot of content, and the description has gotten longer as a result. Sorry, that wasn't as clear as it could have been.Edit: Toa Levacious Zehvor, our entry is actually longer than yours. So... there. Not that that proves anything... XD

This is my second shortest RPG ever. Elementum was over 15,000 words. :P

Rather sure Lloyd said he was entering something this contest.

Yeah. Some sort of ultimate RPG, his magnum opus. Not Magnum Opus (the RPG by Exo-Fat), just a magnum opus.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

We lost out on votes because of three RPGs that won't be in this contest. Probably.Which means that, since everyone has a strong favourite, they will vote for it. But they will have two other votes as well, and since they don't want to seem rude, they'll use all three: one favourite vote, one second favourite vote, and one pity vote.Kirse will be EVERYONE's pity vote, and will therefore rise up through the polls because instead of just some people really liking it, everyone will sorta like it. XP

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

We lost out on votes because of three RPGs that won't be in this contest. Probably.Which means that, since everyone has a strong favourite, they will vote for it. But they will have two other votes as well, and since they don't want to seem rude, they'll use all three: one favourite vote, one second favourite vote, and one pity vote.Kirse will be EVERYONE's pity vote, and will therefore rise up through the polls because instead of just some people really liking it, everyone will sorta like it. XP

See, this, people, is why pity votes don't work. What if Kirse wins and your first choice loses, hmm? :P

Oh, if only you all knew what I know.....Well, and Zar sort of knows.

This is why we should all learn internetelepathy.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Pity votes are nice I suppose, but we're trying to get people to actually like it, and consider it worthy of votes. Winning out of pity votes would be a very, very hollow victory indeed.

See, this, people, is why pity votes don't work. What if Kirse wins and your first choice loses, hmm? :P

I'm hoping it won't be that way. XD. If Kirse wins, I'd rather it be because people really like it.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

They should vote for Kirse because then they'll get to see me being mean to Vorex.

Other players have feelings too, try to be respectful.

So being mean to Vorex is rather disrespectful, isn't it? So no, no being mean to Vorex. If he breaks rules, then he is subject to punishment like the rest of the staff, including myself, but not subject to just intentional meanness.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

That's silly. Everyone wants to see me abused. EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE ME WANT ME TO BE ABUSED.Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cry myself to sleep while thinking about how everyone hates me. BY-YE!

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The fact that the Kirse GM's are talking to each other in military time causes great fear within me.Anybody who reads the Request Topic knows all my ideas. I really wanna do that Time Trap based one at some point, but it would be hard as Karz to execute properly.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

(I live in Ireland. GMT is your timezone plus six hours, so even if it IS 17:26 where you are it's 23:26 here)He knows all my ideas too. XD[/lastpostbutforrealthistime]

Hey, at least our clocks are mostly synchronized. Mine was three minutes ahead of yours, though.And Lev, don't worry...our plan doesn't involve you in any way....http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The fact that the Kirse GM's are talking to each other in military time causes great fear within me.

Yeah... It kinda scares me too... Help.
I'm not even a GM, just an assistant.Then again, that is how I started out in Techna...now look where I am.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The fact that the Kirse GM's are talking to each other in military time causes great fear within me.

Yeah... It kinda scares me too... Help.
Your on your own, dude. I worked with Grochi on Techna, it's fun, but I speak from experience when I say that you're screwed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I have a feeling that the one who has the most to fear from Grochi and Vorex is me. Grochi wants a staff spot... and Vorex wants to replace me so he had someone who will approve all of his dangerous and destructive ideas. Its a conspiracy! XD... And that is why Grochi is only a Kirse Staff Underling. If he had full power in Kirse, even the elephant dosage of tranquilizer couldn't stop him.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I was wondering when this topic would be posted...

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Gah, Agori Trail isn't nearly finished. I'll keep working but no promises

Wait, no Island of Pain? D= Well, that confirms all three of my slots are free, thus Kirse will definitely get a vote. =P
Do I get one of those spots? :P*Shamelessly advertises*

If Kirse doesn't win, then I'm going to explode. Because I already have three characters thought up for that thing. I guess that's what happens if you're a part of the staff... XD

I always write up characters for a bunch of RPGs. So far I haven't had a contest go by where I had at least six characters that will never be used ever. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Lev: Haven't looked at any entries yet, but I'll keep an open mind. =)I wonder if there'll be any RPGs set in a BZPRPG-ish universe, like Techna was... Partly because I wanna try Xakuta powers before the next Techna. =P

I am saddened that Day Run will be ending. And I hope that Dreamland will return.But for now I think I'll stick with saying only Waves of the South gives me any hope for a really good RPG over the summer. The others are just not appealing enough for me. This may change as more are submitted.I must say the idea of exploration in a text based RPG being encouraged is sort of new to me. And I really like it. I also like the large amount of freedom in character creation and I can tell that lots of thought and work were put into it.That being said Waves of the South will probably get my vote. The only was I can think it won't is if Dreamland returns, Rust is resubmitted and Day Run magically returns. :P

Edited by paragon

That being said Waves of the South will probably get my vote. The only was I can think it won't is if Dreamland returns, Rust is resubmitted and Day Run magically returns. :P

I second this. Dreamland was cool, and I think Rust was just too awesome to miss out like it did. I was so pumped to play that, but then it never happened. :(

ppg2.png

That being said Waves of the South will probably get my vote. The only was I can think it won't is if Dreamland returns, Rust is resubmitted and Day Run magically returns. :P

I second this. Dreamland was cool, and I think Rust was just too awesome to miss out like it did. I was so pumped to play that, but then it never happened. :(
iBrow, ToD, and Parugi will all be on less this summer, and their characters have important (objects) things to do in Dreamland, so for the time being, it won't be returning. It is still alive, however, so don't worry, it will return eventually. :PIn other news, I am crafting a new RPG as we speak. Unlike Dreamland, where story forced restrictions on players, this one will be more of a sandbox. And perhaps it will be called a rip off of IoP, but so many things can be considered so. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Day Run's ending, period, though we really do need to hurry on that, having only a month left now... Maybe Twilight Race will happen a season or two from now, but that's simply speculation at this point.I'm gonna start to read the entries soon. =)