Favorite Bionicle Song

Toa Turing

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard all of them, but I really liked 'Creeping in My Soul'. It really was...creepy. :PAlso loved the music from MNOGI/II...and Bionicle, the video game (even if it wasn't canon).

Hahligirl56 - fan since 2004.

"The fool wanders, a wise man travels." - Thomas Fuller

"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." - Henry J. Kaiser

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." - Jesse Jackson

No offense to anybody, and I respect each and all of your personal opinions and tastes, but I really can't stand the rock and roll songs. In my opinion, it's just not Bionicle. I much more prefer the ambient/electronic music that blends in with the cultural/world themed music, because it fits more with the idea of advanced, technological beings living in a natural world.
I agree! I've never really liked the rock or rap songs either, I would rather listen to the soundtracks/scores. I feel the ambient/electronic/film score music was one of the things that separated Bionicle from the average toy. My personal favourites are from MNOG: the Onu-Koro theme, and especially the underwater theme.
I third. The half-tribal, half-techno sounds from MNOG and the soundtrack to the original trilogy (oh, this is turning into a Star Wars-esque "everything as better before" discussion) was music I could really envision these Matoran playing in the village; a real part of BIONICLE culture. My favorite tracks from the movies were the music from Hahli's speech (which also played at the Ko-Koro portion of the Mata Nui explorer), the music that plays when Lhikan's mask is talking to Vakama & co. (which also plays for the Metru Nui Explorer), and the music that plays when the Rahaga catch the Toa Hordika an fly them through their ravaged, foggy city.That being said, I also have a special love for the rock from '06 and onward. As far as music of the time was, LEGO could have chosen stuff a lot worse. I think each song really helped set the tone for the year:Having "Move Along" for late 2006 theme really made me feel cheerful. It told me that, though the Matoran of Voya Nui had suffered, the Toa Inika had arrived to liberate them and save Mata Nui. While the music told me it would be a long fight, I never imagined just how long the quest for the Ignika would be."Creeping in my Soul" was a significantly darker tune, well-fitting for the senario: a Po-Matoran everyman, Dekar, has always lived in fear of the shadowy waters surrounding his small village. When a cursed mask drifts down from above, though, Dekar learns what lives in those shadows are far more terrifying than he could have imagined."Crashed" told a story of noble heroes in a place where nobility was a lost virtue; a place so dark and dangerous it need no name besides "the Pit." But, when every odd was against them, these heroes fought on, because they knew honor and loyalty were stronger than any army. But, even then, no victory is without sacrifice."Gravity Hurts" and "Closer to the Truth" told me stories of a battle all the other battles had led up to: a fight for the very survival of the universe as the Great Spirit's life grew dangerously short. The Toa Nuva, the heroes we had grown to love and look up to for seven years, had to face the possibility of death, and did so boldly, because they had a duty to the Matoran."Bye Bye Babylon" helped 2009's story, which I found to be weaker than the Matoran Universe-based storylines, seem more thrilling. Mata Nui, a character we had learned to honor so much yet seen so little of, was stranded on a parched wasteland where he was known as Great Spirit only to himself. And again, the bold selflessness of heroes - of Toa - would help free the innocent villagers from a race of warlike brutes.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 weeks later...

As a musician, I love all of them really. However, my favorites are MNOG II Ga-Koro (only zone I've been in so far), Mask of Light/Legends of Metru Nui/Web of of Shadows unofficial bionicle theme, Hero (remember that from being a wee little chap), and Gravity Hurts (as of recently). By the way!!!!! I will sell my soul for ANY bionicle piano sheet music, including Gravity Hurts and Hero. I am absolutely incompetent when it comes to playing by ear.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Cryoshell is always nice; Creeping in my Soul specifically is my favorite of theirs. Move Along by the All-American Rejects is nice, because it's 1) an awesome song and 2) my favorite song of the band's.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

In alphabetical order:

Closer To The Truth - Cryoshell, Crashed - Daughtry, the alternative version of Creeping In My Soul - Cryoshell on the Barraki Promo CD, Face Me - Cryoshell, Gravity Hurts - Cryoshell, Move Along - All-American Rejects, and Ride - Presence (credits song for TLR).

Also, I like all of the movie soundtracks.

Edited by Cratak

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Definitely the MNOG soundtrack. It just plain screams "BIONICLE".

Gravity Hurts is easily second, followed some ways behind by Crashed and Creeping in my Soul.

Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

"Hero", "Move Along", and "Gravity hurts" are my top three.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

• 1 month later...

I have to go with "Move Along" by the All-American Rejects because that song has motivated me ever since it first came out. Maann the good old days... so much reminiscing .. you guys in BZP loves to do that a lot... :P makes me feel so old now...

The other songs I like were some songs in the Bionicle MNOG and "Closer to the Truth."

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am especially fond of Move Along by the All American Rejects, though I also very much like Nathan Furst's soundtrack for the original Bionicle film trilogy. Cryoshell's songs I all liked a lot, though I care little for the music produced by All Insane Kids.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Guest sinewav

Not like there is a huge selection but my choice would be a song from my favorite Bionicle movie: Bye Bye Babylon by Cryoshell.

A shame we never got to see the complete Trilogy of that movie.

Oh, man, I don't think I can just pick one favorite. I've always loved the music from MNOLG and the Bohrok Animations. As a kid, Le-Koro was always my favorite, but Onu-Koro and Ga-Koro are also pretty good. And I always liked the music from that one Bohrok-Kal Animation in the scene where the Toa Nuva had lost their elemental powers and were reuniting with each other.

That said, I also really like the movie soundtracks, especially the melancholy piano part heard at the end of the credits in Mask of Light (I'm sure it also plays somewhere in the movie, but I forget exactly where).

Oh, and I just remembered the Chronicler's Company tune from MNOLG! Now I want to go listen to the entire soundtrack; I'm sure there's many tunes I've loved yet forgotten about.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka