Takea Tankards

Well, so far Salvinn has been asking the most questions. Artorre has showed a limited desire to learn about the culture of the island, other than the laws so he doesn't get in trouble.I was waiting until he actually got to a city, so he could observe a large amount of the natives at once, and ask about a specific part of there culture he noticed. If someone just asked me about America's culture in general, I'd draw a blank.He hasn't attempted to urge them onto the city so he can discover a new place, so not that adventurous.
IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"How far are we from your city?" Artorre asked. "I look forward to seeing it, and even more so, meeting your Thane."
Just when it suits him, maybe? Kind and caring, but he was willing to let people fight in a potentially lethal battle without attempting to give any aid.What he cares about are the matoran of the island, who he's sworn to protect and aren't currently in a civil war because they can't figure out that democracies work best. =P
But yeah, I do break character sometimes. I have an excuse though: I haven't been RPing as long as any of you, so it's safe to assume I'm not as good at it. =P
-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

As though I was a great RPer with years of experience?The things with the personality and stuff are mostly just observations I make and think on and put up for anyone else to think on. Helps out a bit. I normally wouldn't post them, but I've been doing it as the GM. Particularly due to the number of new members who are seemingly popping out of thin air and into this forum.Which is weird, because I remember new people starting off in the Comedies and Comics forum. Apparently not enough of them are funny enough to attract new members? They need to read Aftermath, that's what they need to do.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

You should really, really, really read Aftermath 2 Grochi. And Aftermath before it. And The Bionicles Try to Run a House. The total of some 450 Chapters to get to the present point in the comedy would eat up the rest of any summer you have, but it would be worth it.And as for stories, I can't hold an Epic or Comedy for very long. I couldn't even finish an 11 chapter parody of the Bionicle Canon with as few words as possible. It would end up being a chaotic mess with no beginning or end.Now back on topic.Everybody who has any characters anywhere north of Dajon! Every one of you yield to my big text! Do any of you guys still need more time for the night before I time-skip it forward to morning?I'm not going to randomly move 30 minutes in the future and stop anybodies plans for an amazing display of roleplaying and turning on a full group of other players if you're into that stuff (call me).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Name: NetinalevSpecies: Baseline ToaGender: MaleFaction: Xankah OrderKanohi: IdenEquipment: None.Powers: Toa of StoneAppearance: Tall, with underdeveloped muscles, and an over-developed chest region. A very young-seeming face, with few lines, though his eyes seem to hold an age unthinkable for most Toa.Armour: Very little-mainly wears a thin robe with a v-neck opening. Any real armour on him is purely natural.Occupation: GrokPersonality: Benevolent, loving, in his own way.Biography: Netinalev, going by mainly just "Netin," is a Toa of Stone with an odd past. Yes, he is a baseline Toa, but, shortly after becoming a Toa, he suffered a very minor case of serious dain bramage. This completely destroyed his memories and personality, rendering him a blank slate that knew nothing. Later he washed upon the shore of a desert island, with very little drinkable water, in the south-western region of the Matoran Universe. There was already a species living upon that island, with a sophisticated society, moreso than with most of the Matoran Universe...and yet also very primitive compared to the rest of the Matoran universe. They taught him to speak their language, and they taught him their philosophy, making him into a completely different person than he was before. He soon rose to become a leader within his society, elevating his 'nestlings,' as his closest 'brothers' were called, to higher positions as well, with the consent of those within this species. Eventually, a small scouting ship from the Xankah Order came and picked him up, having managed to find him, teaching him to speak the Matoran language, as well as teaching him a bit about the general Matoran culture. However, they only referred to him as Netin, due to the fact that his original name had long been lost-all that they knew about him by that time was that he was a lost Toa of Stone. Eventually, however, the scout ship brought him to Yheyn, to help him start off within the Matoran Universe.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I gave you a very simple profile format Y U NO use it?If by south-east you mean an island to the north of the Alliance, perhaps. But I'm putting a no on any characters coming from the Far South.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Wait, they're in the south-east? I thought the Alliance was all centered in the south-west leg.
West is my third favorite direction after North and Northwest (<--- product placement, getting paid 80$ for this), but no. It's the southeast.Southwest is a bunch of mostly uninhabited islands with almost no civilization. Unlike the Alliance, it's a complete waste. Artidax is one of the nicer places, and it's where a Makuta decided to lock another Makuta away until the end of time.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Alright. Despite the fact your use of a ridiculously long and unnecessarily complicated format for your character sheet makes me want to stab a dead cow with a knife, cut off a chunk, cook it, and eat a huge 20 oz. slab of steak with a side of bread hunks soaked in the most wonderful bean sauce ever made and...Sorry. Thinking about going to Pinnacle Peak when out of town. It's not often you find steak for less than a dollar and ounce - usually it's like 13$ for a 6 oz. cut. Anyways, character [approved].-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Alright, since I don't want to search through 20+ pages of the RP topic to find everyone who has shown interest in the whole Legion Scepter arc, I'm just going to ask here:Who wants their character to join Quorvex little mission to find Midnight and/or the Legion Scepter? I know that Krash (Zakaro) and Tanika (Taka...etc.) are in, and I'll eventually ask Lalar (Constructman) once those two reply. I'm also still waiting for Burnmad to make his new character (as he asked) so he will also be joining, in theory. So, if anyone else wants in, post your character's name, location, and what their currently doing, and I'll eventually have Quorvex run into them.Quorvex would potentially recruit anyone if it looks like they can fight or have some very special skill (Krash and his explosives). As Lev suggested, having a Rebellion, Dragon, or other nefarious character who wants to steal the Scepter are also a great idea, but please try to be subtle. Merchants get special treatment since Quorvex has either meet them or has a list with their name on it; anyone else will get a short informal interview at least. Having your character outright state that he's a part of any of those factions is going to get them turned over to the authorities. :P
While Yowrik himself would prefer to stay in Sakrinil, he has shown an interest in the Sceptre so he could send one of his time-duplicates. Is there some way he could find out and send one of those to meet up with you?
In a similar manner, Crentis is also 'recruiting' Vermillion Dragon and other criminally-minded characters in Sakrinil. He's planning on going south after a short detour to Moroni. Having Council or Order members try to infiltrate the group is also a valid idea if they try to pose as rogue Toa, but as with Quorvex's group, you have to convince Crentis that you're aren't waiting to stab him in the back (be it figuratively or literally). Now, I mentioned in an earlier post that there are several matoran who are agents of the Vermillion Dragon who have gone into the city are attempting to find other members who want to get out. If you want to join this group, have your character run into one of them and they'll be directed to the meeting point (it's, oh I don't know... let's say it's an old warehouse next to the waterfront). In other words, you don't have to run into Crentis if you can't make it work logically.In short, there are now two options for characters to go somewhere other than Sakrinil, so for everyone who has been saying that there has been nothing to do; well now there is.
Ooh, another thing for Yowrik to do. What's the point of this little excursion?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Lev: I actually still need some time to finish recruiting people for Quorvex's group, in-game. I know who to find, but I'm still waiting for someone to reply (Burnmad...), so I can't go any faster, as much as I may want to. If this keeps up, I'll probably skip him ahead in time by a few minutes just so he can talk to everyone without waiting for the others, but I'd prefer to exit the Library first.Hex Adders: Well, Quorvex isn't going to run to the other end of the city just to find one particular being, but I do have an idea. We will need Toa of Smooth Jazz's help for this, but I think it would be better than having Quorvex do it:After Quorvex recruits Cadrhon, the Prime realizes that he should probably find some help so he isn't the only Dragon character on this voyage. He runs to Yowrik's villa, explains the nature of the trip (Quorvex has to at least tell him the basics), and Yowrik sends one of his duplicates the next day, either as another bodyguard or as an 'investor'.As for Crentis: on the surface, he's just trying to recruit new crewmembers and a captain so he can start pirating again as soon as the mission is over. While he is trying to do both, he is also planning on steering his new captain further south, away from the Vermillion Dragon. He hopes to find an uncharted island, set up a small hideout, and begin an independent pirating operation in that area. He plans to survive long enough so that he can start raiding the Alliance merchant ships that will eventually follow, as they start hauling ore from the recently discovered islands and back to Yheyn.I will warn you that Crentis may not like Yowrik, even though he is now headed that direction thanks to Hreik. From Crentis' point of view, Yowrik has come down in the world now that he is no longer an active pirate, and the fact that he betrayed his crew will probably annoy him even more. However, I'm not going to pass up an opportunity for one of my characters to actually do something. :P

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

OOC: @ Takanuvainika; Your crabs do not have drills and will never have drills until they invent crab drills.
Why wouldn’t they have crab drills, they had them on the island of Mata nui so they’re obviously not hard to make or technologically advanced. Nivigate could make some with the material on this island. Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: @ Takanuvainika; Your crabs do not have drills and will never have drills until they invent crab drills.
Why wouldn’t they have crab drills, they had them on the island of Mata nui so they’re obviously not hard to make or technologically advanced. Nivigate could make some with the material on this island.
Because Rahi were further modified by the Makuta over the course of the next 75,000 years, and all of the ones on Mata-Nui had migrated from Metru-Nui. There is no logical reason for crabs to have drills, so they must have been added on at a later point as some type of warbeast that proved too timid for that job. Or, perhaps, it had been added by the people of Metru-Nui.Also, keep in mind that the Turaga on Mata-Nui had full knowledge of what was done on Metru-Nui. While there's a lot of here they didn't have on Mata-Nui, there is also stuff that they didn't. They might have drills, but it wouldn't be put on a crab.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Why wouldn’t they have crab drills, they had them on the island of Mata nui so they’re obviously not hard to make or technologically advanced. Nivigate could make some with the material on this island.
Because Rahi were further modified by the Makuta over the course of the next 75,000 years, and all of the ones on Mata-Nui had migrated from Metru-Nui. There is no logical reason for crabs to have drills, so they must have been added on at a later point as some type of warbeast that proved too timid for that job. Or, perhaps, it had been added by the people of Metru-Nui.Also, keep in mind that the Turaga on Mata-Nui had full knowledge of what was done on Metru-Nui. While there's a lot of here they didn't have on Mata-Nui, there is also stuff that they didn't. They might have drills, but it wouldn't be put on a crab.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
so does that mean that Nivigate could have a a small drill used for taking geological samples? :sigh:

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Because Rahi were further modified by the Makuta over the course of the next 75,000 years, and all of the ones on Mata-Nui had migrated from Metru-Nui. There is no logical reason for crabs to have drills, so they must have been added on at a later point as some type of warbeast that proved too timid for that job. Or, perhaps, it had been added by the people of Metru-Nui.Also, keep in mind that the Turaga on Mata-Nui had full knowledge of what was done on Metru-Nui. While there's a lot of here they didn't have on Mata-Nui, there is also stuff that they didn't. They might have drills, but it wouldn't be put on a crab.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
so does that mean that Nivigate could have a a small drill used fortaking geological samples? :sigh:
Obviously he doesn't, since it wasn't in the profile. In addition, what are you referring to? Drill can refer to smaller, handheld tools for carving wood and the like, but it could also be a huge drill press. Nothing even close to the drills we use as power tools today is there in a handheld form.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Don't kill him off yet, people. He's going to keep doing what he was doing and probably meet his fate much as a named NPC would aiding those on the Azure Thunder.Also, along with Myr, Flex Nard is leaving the RPG. His character is also not to be killed off, but to simply vanish for now and be an unseen character.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

After a moment he felt a rumbling, and then a lurch as his body tried to catch up with something near him, and he smiled. Ah, yes, the train to the Shimmering Palace had finally started up...he should be there in a day or so.
That would have to be the slowest train ever. Yheyn isn't that big - you could walk to Shimmering Palace within that long. It takes... a few hours, maybe? Of course, no train leads to the palace itself. The station is another thirty minutes walk away.Vamden isn't much for marring his skyline. Much like some people with regards to oil rigs off the coast and the like.He probably wouldn't let an oil rig be there either, but considering there isn't actually oil off the coast of Yheyn, it would be pointless.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hex Adders: Well, Quorvex isn't going to run to the other end of the city just to find one particular being, but I do have an idea. We will need Toa of Smooth Jazz's help for this, but I think it would be better than having Quorvex do it:After Quorvex recruits Cadrhon, the Prime realizes that he should probably find some help so he isn't the only Dragon character on this voyage. He runs to Yowrik's villa, explains the nature of the trip (Quorvex has to at least tell him the basics), and Yowrik sends one of his duplicates the next day, either as another bodyguard or as an 'investor'.
Works for me if he's happy to go along with it
As for Crentis: on the surface, he's just trying to recruit new crewmembers and a captain so he can start pirating again as soon as the mission is over. While he is trying to do both, he is also planning on steering his new captain further south, away from the Vermillion Dragon. He hopes to find an uncharted island, set up a small hideout, and begin an independent pirating operation in that area. He plans to survive long enough so that he can start raiding the Alliance merchant ships that will eventually follow, as they start hauling ore from the recently discovered islands and back to Yheyn.I will warn you that Crentis may not like Yowrik, even though he is now headed that direction thanks to Hreik. From Crentis' point of view, Yowrik has come down in the world now that he is no longer an active pirate, and the fact that he betrayed his crew will probably annoy him even more. However, I'm not going to pass up an opportunity for one of my characters to actually do something. :P
Hmm, I could get the real/present Yowrik involved in that, which sounds more useful than having him sit at home in the dark doing nothing

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Hex Adders: Well, Quorvex isn't going to run to the other end of the city just to find one particular being, but I do have an idea. We will need Toa of Smooth Jazz's help for this, but I think it would be better than having Quorvex do it:After Quorvex recruits Cadrhon, the Prime realizes that he should probably find some help so he isn't the only Dragon character on this voyage. He runs to Yowrik's villa, explains the nature of the trip (Quorvex has to at least tell him the basics), and Yowrik sends one of his duplicates the next day, either as another bodyguard or as an 'investor'.
Works for me if he's happy to go along with it
I'm fine with that.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Unfortunately, a new job has stolen almost all of my free time, but do not dispair, I am slowly adjusting to my new hours and am not leaving this RPG. Once I settle how to spend the time I have left over, I will hopefully get to posting more. Today am doing something at night, so I will post again tomorrow. And once again, sorry for any inconvienence my real life has caused. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Hope you can get it sorted out Kal.

"Alfon," she continued, "While I don't claim to have any authority on this venture, it is my professional opinion that we are completely out-matched while on this island. Therefore, I would like to suggest that we all get back on the ship and explore one of the other islands that we saw when we first arrived. At the very least, we should be able to find somewhere that doesn't have this much fog."
I mentioned other islands?It's my professional opinion you guys are being wusses. Bwahahahaha. What I'm liking is 'now they've seen us fight, so they can take us'. But if they're intelligent, and one of them fled, why would they just sacrifice themselves and not use all of their powers? You guys still have some tricks left, but they don't. And if a bunch of creatures (that are not actually Rahi) can come up with a strategy to counter your powers.... can't you come up with a strategy?I came up with five, but if I shared any it would take away from the game.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I mentioned other islands?
Other than that, the only thing of interest that could be seen, though, was a large number of islands to the southeast, stretching out from there and completely blocking everything to the south.
Yes, you did (taken from your post on page 36 when we first arrived). Anyway, I'm only playing my character the way that she would view this situation; Lesvera prefers fights where she has all of the advantages and this island does not offer that. If the mists weren't there or if someone had an Akaku, then maybe she would think they would have a fighting chance. That, and it appears that both of the party's Toa are getting second thoughts about killing the rahi, but I suspect there will be some RPing on that topic.I would also like to point that since I am the only one with a character suggesting the option of moving, you can't state that we'll all being wusses.

"Don't Panic."

Oh, right. That. Yup. I totally meant that when i posted it.Hmm. Actually, this makes things a lot more interesting than I originally intended it to be. Let me clarify, then - the island are all extremely close together. They're separated by rivers. The mountainous area is the very center of the entire area.There. Now I haven't made any mistakes, and the island(s) is/are a lot cooler.And yeah, I know why the characters are doing it. I'm offering my perspective from the point of view of my non-present character who would already be pulling out the 8x6 square foot maps and preparing a sweep of the area followed by attempts at a truce of way of making peace followed by either trade or genocide.Waves of the South does not endorse genocide, as that is wrong. If you ever find yourself in a position where you are considering genocide, please rethink what you are doing and consider a minimum of ten (10) years in heavy psychotherapy before venturing out into a world where you may possibly find yourself with the means to commit the atrocious crime you are considering.(ALSO: Yes, yes I can state that. I'd just be wrong. ;))-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

...Alright, fine. They're all connected now. :sigh:At the very least we can board the ship and try to find a more advantageous position to explore the island from. However, debating this in the discussion topic isn't going to accomplish anything in the game, so we'll just have to see how it develops.

"Don't Panic."

BenLuke: We all started running back to the ship and got ambushed by five of the flying rahi. We killed four of them and one of them escaped. Now two of the Toa are a few steps away from having emotional breakdowns, Lesvera is suggesting that they move to another island, and Alfon is looking for Kaladin so he can get medical aid.In short, we're all recovering from the fight we just had.

"Don't Panic."

Lev, you need to pass control of Myr to someone.
The whole group can dictate what he does unless you have somebody specific in mind.And alright, the Azure Thunder is finally moving onto Dajon. At the rate everything is moving, and the fact the ship would probably have sailed many, many in-game hours before present if Krayzikk were on (or Grochi moved the ship forward like he was told), we might even have a four way end battle at the courthouse.Hmm. If only Burnmad would post so the Torrent could get moving.Quorvex @ Torrent @ Rebellion NPCs is nice. Adding the Azure Thunder at the end? Or maybe some Vermillion Dragon NPCs. Then Toa. Then the Alliance. Then some Coast Guard trailing the Dragon. And then Zyglak led by somebody with mind control. And then...This is getting out of hand now.@TD, if you're reading this - Any more real-world references and I'll get very, very cross. If you're not reading this, I'm trusting Grochi or Krayzikk to say it. If they're not, then I'm trusting the mouse-bot who lives in my computer. His BZP account is 154145145145151. It's hidden, so only Admins can see it until he posts. But yeah, stop. Please. I'm demanding it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: