Waves Of The South

IC (Takea Tankards): "Well can you fight?" Quorvex asked, "Wait, you know what? If Dralack says that you'll be useful, then you're in. I don't particularly care at this time of night."Now turning to address both of them he said, "You're each limited to a backpack of personal items so I suggest that you go home and pack. We'll all meet here next morning where I'll get eveyone on the same page and then we'll head over to the Traders Guild headquarters to get a ship. Any questions?"

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC (Yowrik's Villa): Crentis smiled slightly (he was still trying to maintain his 'disguise') and said, "You see Hreik, I've recently lost my ship and crew due to an unfortunate accident involving the ship's magazine. I'm trying to start over, but this incident has shown me that death is hovering over my shoulder. Few of the captains under the Dragon's banner are exactly... inspiring, and taking my secrets to the bottom of the ocean wouldn't be very productive.""So my offer is relatively simple Hreik; how would you feel about being captain of your own pirate ship, with me as first-mate?"

"Don't Panic."

Sakrinil / Yowrik’s Villa with Crentis, Yowrik, and Cadrhon / IC:Hreik accepted Yowrik’s slight rebuff. The old Prime was right. Crentis had come all this way apparently for him, which was strange in and of itself, but there had to be a reason. Perhaps he would ask Hreik to scout out a few ships, or maybe snatch a ship manifest from the naval records building. Or maybe he would be asked to join Crentis’ crew. That would be beyond perfect.And then Crentis laid out his offer. Hreik’s mouth hung open, words trying to form but failing before they even started. Him, Captain? He didn’t know the first thing about sailing a ship; let alone how to run a crew. Yes, he had helped lead a failed resistance in the past, but that hadn’t ended well. He was looking primarily to gather wealth for himself and power for someone he was going to make head of the Vermillion Dragon.Finally, words came, “But I know nothing of the sea, save ship types and weapons. I would be ill suited to the role of Captain, even with you to teach me along the way. I would make some fatal mistake in the beginning and your secrets would still be lost.“I am not good with eloquent speech or other means of keeping a crew under control and still motivated. I know nothing of navigation or of danger signs. Are you sure you don’t want me as a crew member instead?” Hreik’s frown was gone, but his mind was still reeling. Crentis, the Crentis the Smiler, had asked to be his first mate. That was mind blowing. It was like saying the Makuta were plotting to take over the world; there was just no way it could be possible.Hreik let out the breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding. He needed to regain his composure and think about this instead of just putting himself down.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Krissuk: Yorwik's Villa:Krissuk listened to the conversation, which happened to be in an adjacent room, with interest. He opened the door and joined the others, followed by Aiolos, using his mask to calm everyone in the room so they didn't try to slaughter him, and spoke."Well hello, everybody, couldn't help but overhear your conversation while I was eavesdropping. I have an offer for everyone here, although the details of my friends here's plan escape me. Care to reiterate, Aiolos?"

IC (Yowrik's Villa): Crentis continued to smile. Already this was going better than his interview with Zenonia. Not only was the Toa eager, he didn't want to kill the old Prime outright. Progress."Oh trust me Hreik," Crentis said, "We've all started at your level of experience. But after a year or two of my tutelage and I can almost guarantee that you'll be just as capable as those that came before you. I bet even Yowrik here could help you."He then turned to the wheelchair-bound Prime, "What do you think? Still have the, uh... guts for one more adventure?"Crentis was originally going to say 'sea-legs' but decided against it. If he was going to recruit the old back-stabber, he could give a legitimate attempt rather than sabotage himself. It was after this that Krissuk and Aiolos suddenly walked into the room."And who in Artakha's shining name are you two?!" Crentis said with genuine surprise.

"Don't Panic."

Sakrinil / Yowrik’s Villa with Crentis, Yowrik, Cadrhon, Krissuk, and Aiolos / IC:Hreik was about to respond to Crentis’ assurances when Krissuk and Aiolos entered the room unexpectedly. Hreik became instantly confused, as in his body screamed danger, and yet his head told him to be calm. The Prime seemed familiar, and the way he was dressed seemed almost soothing, but there was something unsettling about it; probably how his whole being exuded calm and a sense of peace. There was no way that could be natural.It was Aiolos he was worried about. A Toa? Not many of those in the Dragon, and normally those who were in were so twisted and evil that they damaged everything they touched or did. At least the ones who survived the harsh pirate ways tended to be that way, after all, the weak ones all got cashed in to the Order. Or maybe he wasn’t even from the Vermillion Dragon, and that presented even bigger problems. Was he from the Order, or Council? That would be bad news for Hreik, who was obviously the only other Toa in the room.All the glass in the room vibrated for a few short seconds as Hreik’s instincts told him to attack the new beings, who, at first appearance, didn’t seem to be Dragon members, and his head told him to take it easy and cool down. He brought his thoughts and power under control as Crentis began to question them. He would follow the lead of his, perhaps, future First Mate.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: LalarLalar decided to go home and pack... only to remember that she didn't have a home to go to. She decided to do a bunch of odd jobs around town and try to collect as many widgets as she could to buy supplies for the mission

Edited by Constructman

IC: While Krissuk may have been calming Yowrik, he wasn't quashing the Prime's annoyance at having his home invaded or his suspicion at an uninvited guest. And since he was already wearing his Mohtrek his first thought was to summon a pair of duplicates.And these time displaced Primes were not under the effects of Krissuk's mask.Blades whipped into the hands of these Primes and were placed at the throats of Krissuk and Aiolos."You have one minute," said Yowrik, "Consider that my obligation as host. If your explanations do not satisfy me you will not be leaving this house alive."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: SongAkrak opened the large door, and stepped onto a staircase spiraling downward as far as the eye could see into darkness. As Arkrak and Doriana started to descend, a group of bats flew over their heads.There was nothing to do except keep descending into the dark.Song looked toward Fenrir and the others. "Someone grab one of the burning bones and come on." She said, stepping onto the staircase.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Fenrir)Remember he burned hand and not wanting to repeat the experience, Fenrir did what he saw as logical. "I volunteer Myr for burning bone duty."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Fenrir)"I'll have to disagree. It's a waste of resources." And of a bodyshield, but Fenrir possessed enough social graces not to say that out loud.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Fury.... There had better be monsters down there. I haven't gotten to stretch in forever. Fenrir. Start talking about some period of history, so I can point out what historians got wrong.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir nodded. "The Zyglak raids upon the island of Naxia sparked conflict between the scattered Zyglak tribes and the Metru Nui trade league. Various wealthy merchants hired armies of sell blades to guard their shipments and root out the Zyglak threat. The war was a dismal failure for the Trade League. This was also the war that dispelled the image of the Zyglak as unthinking beasts in the eyes of the masses. The cunning tactic's displayed by the Zyglak chieftain, Rust-Blade have been adopted, albeit reluctantly, by various armies fighting in similar conditions."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: FuryThat is more or less accurate. Fury conceded. Rust-Blade was quite clever, and delightfully vicious with his tactics. I didn't get to fight in that conflict, unfortunately, but I gathered the information on it quite easily.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)"Really? I'm surprised. I half-expected you to be behind his practice of shipping the flayed and dismembered bodies of crews and sell blades that had attempted to fight him back to Metru Nui. It was quite ingenious. Public support for the war waned, the merchants went bankrupt and Naxia fell to Rust-Blade in less then a month. Did you, by chance, fight in the reconquest of Naxia? I understand it was quite bloody."

IC: FuryOh, Rust-Blade was a genius. She replied. And yes, I was at the reconquest. That was good fun. So many enemies to kill. I haven't had exercise the equal to that in quite some time.Song is a good Wielder. But she doesn't let me stretch enough. I hate this sheath.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir nodded. Rust-Blade had been brutal and callous, but he could not deny that he had been an excellent military leader. No one could really. "The island fell to Rust-Blade in a month and it took years to take it back from him. His usage of captured Toa, though brutal, was quite intelligent. His tactic of shielding his fortresses and troop formations behind slaves and prisoners has, I believe, been adopted by many Zyglak tribes. It is a rare Toa who would risk destroying a hundred innocents to take one fortress."

IC: FuryIndeed. I have found that it is often one of their worst qualities. Not in this exact situation, but in ones like it. They cannot stand to sacrifice a little to save much more.They often lose to vicious creatures like Rust-Blade because they cannot use tactics they find abhorrent. More than a few innocent lives have been lost because of this.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir laughed. "Miss Fire and Blood, are you moralizing? Wonders never cease." Fenrir's tone made it clear he was only half-serious.

IC: FuryOh, please. Pondering mortal morality does not mean I am taking what you would call the 'moral high ground'. If ever I occupied that space, I have not done so for untold centuries.Now. Ask me a question. I don't care what.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)"Hm. Let us see...." Fenrir searched his mind for a moment before settling on a question. "The Church of Light was based on the isle of Notre and, overnight, it and the island vanished. Leaving behind only a single gibbering survivor. What transpired there?"

IC: FuryOoh, that's a good one. The members of that particular church got in over their heads. Unearthed something that really, for their own good, should have remained buried.I do t know exactly what it was. There were a few possibilities. But it was a remnant of a long forgotten era, something rivaling even my vast age. Perhaps only a few millennia younger. Needless to say, it did not enjoy being disturbed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)"I'm trying not to notice the similarities between our situation and their situation. I'm failing. Granted, they didn't have a hyper-intelligent mistress of death and blood with them. So there's that."

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir shrugged. "I'm afraid it's not very interesting. In my younger years, I acquired my education relatively quickly and I traveled a bit. Saw Metru Nui once. I was initially impressed I become less so over time. It's a marvelous island, but everything withers over time. I suspect it will do the same." Fenrir paused and eyed Fury. "Correction. Most things wither over-time. Not everything can be a time abyss like yourself. After that, I settled down here. Taught-free lance for as long as I can remember. I used the money to buy a villa for myself and over the years, I acquired enough books to give more then a few libraries a solid run for their status. That's the abridged version at least. Quite unremarkable. I learned to fight during my travels and a few scholarly expeditions on behalf of one institution or another."

IC-Aclaraung:"Come now, child, you can't be so unremarkable," the Dragon said to Fenrir, having listened in on the conversation from earlier. "There's got to be something about you to interest us...aside from your unhealthy fascination with that statue."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Fenrir)"I'm afraid not everyone's lives can be as exciting as yours. I've spent most of my time in my home, at some place of higher learning or, on rare occasion, in an ancient tomb. Reading through dead tongues and helping to unearth lost kings. It's fairly standard work really."

IC: Forgotten IslandMaelstrom walked down the large steps and he started to think. These beings were big but so was a elder Genos. Maelstrom was not good with time but he knew he was young, only about twenty years old or so. Genos had lifespans of several thousand years although few lived that long. Most died in battle or died protecting their hive. Those that did live long enough reached a considerable size. By that time they would have an exoskeleton so tough it can resist hits from protosteel weapons. And being that size they had muscles that gave them immense strength.And then their was the queens. Whether Genos were born or built was not known to anyone but the queens of the Genos hives. The queens looked like something from a horror movie; a twisted fusion of a queen ant, a wasp and a lobster and they reached sizes of about thirty feet long but by this time in the Matoran Universe only three queens still lived and only four Genos hives still stood. So the species as a whole was fairly unknown and not a real threat to anyone other than a foolish being who wandered into a Genos hive...Bellum tapped him on his shoulder and he woke from his thoughts. Maelstrom continued walking down the path they were told to walk.

IC: FuryYou've most likely seen references to me in the past, though you wouldn't recognize them as such.And that isn't uninteresting. Nobody's life is truly boring. Everyone has a story to tell.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Fenrir)Fenrir paused. "Well, there was that time at the Tomb of Xal-kai. That was an interesting experience. Half the expedition was infected with a sort of spore and turned on us. Thankfully we had a group of sell blades with us. That decided the matter quite quickly."

Edited by Basilisk

IC (Fenrir)"It was found aboard a free-drifting vessel. No sign of the crew. It was auctioned off shortly after and I happened to be attending. At first I believed it to be a clever fake and I intended to use it as an example in one of my lectures...but after some initial research, that hypothesis proved flawed. It is no-cleverly concealed recent craving. It is old. Very old. The type of stone it's made of is...well, it was last seen a thousand years ago. Very interesting that."

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung, unlike Fury, was stuck moreso on the name that Fenrir had just given."Xal-kai, Xal-kai...why does that name sound familiar? Who was he, again? Or was he a she? I can't quite remember where that name originated."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now