Do you buy sets just for parts?

Do you but sets just for parts?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of the time its for the pieces. But a few sets I keep but revamp there designs. Like for breakout part 2. I'm buying all but two sets for parts. They are Core Hunter and Volitx. I'm going to revamp Core Hunter and do a combination model between Voltix and Ultrabuild Joker.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't buy Bionicle/Hero Factory sets, just System sets usually. But pieces are what I'm after when getting a set, and/or minifigures. I usually build sets once, and keep them built for a while, but then after a month or two break them down to get at the pieces I need for whatever I'm building.

I put "Sometimes, but it depends on the set". But actually, what it depends more on is whether the set is discounted. At a deep enough discount, I have no qualms with buying a set I already have a copy of to break down for parts. But I'm much less likely to do so if the set is still at MSRP or an even higher price.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I sometimes do, because it depends on both the set and the theme in which it belongs. Sometimes I'll buy a set to complete a collection of sets in that theme.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well, considering how bad I am at MOCing, I would say the answer here is no, I do not generally buy sets for their parts. *shrugs* I generally buy LEGO sets nowadays to put them up on display in my basement. Maybe someday I'll get more into MOCing. We will just have to wait and see. For now though, I am fine with being kind of a collector of LEGO sets. -JMJ 2012

• 2 weeks later...