New skin

BenLuke

Darnit, just beat me to this. :PPersonally, I like it. It's not too drastic, but it's a change. And it's a nice change. Just a little bit of color in the right places made the site a whole lot less bland.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I really like the new skin, especially the Tohu heads and gear icons. I'm not sure about the color shceme, though. This is way beter than the old one.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

One thing that's a little hard to see, though, is how some sections have white links on light blue backgrounds (e.g. the quote and multiquote buttons). A little hard to use those as a result.~B~

Edited by Ballom

One thing that's a little hard to see, though, is how some sections have white links on light blue backgrounds (e.g. the quote and multiquote buttons). A little hard to use those as a result.~B~
I think you might need to adjust your monitor's settings, because those buttons' backgrounds are a very dark blue on my computer (as I believe they are intended to be)??
bring back "an cool dude"

I think you might need to adjust your monitor's settings, because those buttons' backgrounds are a very dark blue on my computer (as I believe they are intended to be)??
Yeah, you might want to try clearing your cache and taking another look.

Are they as dark as the old skins? I'm trying to see if it's just this computer. Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Also, should this be happening?-SK
We're aware of it but sadly don't have a way to resolve it. We're hamstrung a bit by the existing board code and would have to modify that instead of just css files.
I have to be honest, the colors seem a little off...a little too generic and bland.The one thing I love, though, is the Takua icon in the blog headers. That rocks.I also don't see the correlation with the topic icons...-SK
I'm sorry, you're more than welcome to go back to using the out of the box bland, generic skin if this bland, generic skin doesn't meet your fancy.This is supposed to be a modern take on the classic BZP skin. We went with those colors and made it to look like that. The goal wasn't to make something with rainbows and bright colors shooting out of every corner.You may as well not use the internet if you think this is bland and generic, because it turns out that the rest of the internet is typically this "bland and generic."Oh, and Ballom. We identified your issue and will get a fix in for that asap. Edited by Than the Moa

Yo.

Again, Nate (and John!), I love this skin. It's so much easier for me to look at than most websites' color schemes, which tend to distract, confuse, or give me headaches. It's very calm and chill. :)

This is supposed to be a modern take on the classic BZP skin. We went with those colors and made it to look like that. The goal wasn't to make something with rainbows and bright colors shooting out of every corner.
I am now inspired to make a blindingly rainbow skin, along with that pink skin I was raving about. :o Oh nooooooo ~ Edited by Hahli Husky

I'm sorry, you're more than welcome to go back to using the out of the box bland, generic skin if this bland, generic skin doesn't meet your fancy.This is supposed to be a modern take on the classic BZP skin. We went with those colors and made it to look like that. The goal wasn't to make something with rainbows and bright colors shooting out of every corner.You may as well not use the internet if you think this is bland and generic, because it turns out that the rest of the internet is typically this "bland and generic."
Woah, easy there. I didn't mean any offense. What I simply meant is that the colors seem a tad bit dull. I didn't say the previous default skin was any better, but I think the skin should be a little more eye-popping.And though you have a point (a lot of websites are dead set on a nearly monochromatic or overly silver/dark color scheme), there are plenty of websites that make use of bright and contrasted colors.I appreciate the effort, I really do, and I understand the work that goes into skinning sites that make it really difficult to do so, but I just think the color scheme could have been brighter and a little more bold. I certainly don't want rainbows shooting from every corner (surprised Smeag didn't suggest that :P).-SK

As I said in the news topic, this one feels a good bit easier on the eyes. I'm getting to like it a lot. Nice job, guys!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Again, Nate (and John!), I love this skin. It's so much easier for me to look at than most websites' color schemes, which tend to distract, confuse, or give me headaches. It's very calm and chill. :)
This is supposed to be a modern take on the classic BZP skin. We went with those colors and made it to look like that. The goal wasn't to make something with rainbows and bright colors shooting out of every corner.
I am now inspired to make a blindingly rainbow skin, along with that pink skin I was raving about. :o Oh nooooooo ~
Friends skin? Or maybe Pony skin?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I like this. Now more skins should keep coming! :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I must second those who say the new skin is easier on the eyes. When I first saw BZPower after the upgrade, it took a while for me to accustom myself to the heavy contrast of dark blue over white used in the default skin; in comparison, after seeing the new skin last night, I woke up this morning, went to BZPower, and found the new skin didn't bother me at all. It's easier on the eyes.

Anyone else notice that the forums just changed colors?
I haven't noticed anything. It's been like this for a while for me. :PI've said it often enough, but it can never be too often. Thanks Than and WW for the fantastic job! :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This. I had to do this:tnw_forum_icon.pngIf this becomes part of the next skin, BZPower gets a cookie, and also a courteous $5.00 tip (if I can find the money). :DSwert didn't think this image was fair though... :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I like:

• The new quote boxes
  • Takua at the top of the Blog pages
  • The gears next to topics

I dislike:

• Grey can make stuff difficult to read
  • Read search button at the top looks like a notification from the corner of my eye.

Pretty good though. I'd like to see something even more BIONICLE like though. If that's possible.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

The green loading bar! It has been replaced with red! D=Well I for one will not stand for this!I refuse to conform to the tyranny of the staff's decision! You cannot change me, for I am a free thinker! >=/LONG LIVE THE RED!

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing