OOC: Advent of course there is a story… people asked for classes, and that’s what they got. The story is kicking into gear very soon… probably tomorrow morning chill out I never just wing it. Also Jared… huh man why are they kicking through walls? Smoke can escape through WINDOWS!!!Also on the mech’s… I agree things have gotten out of hand I should have honestly never accepted them into the RP. We have two options either de-power the mech’s greatly, or they get destroyed somehow, that’s the bottom line. Find a way to weaken them greatly or they will be removed. Mech’s are just too powerful against mutants who are flesh and blood. Their humans inside can’t even get hurt. Sure mech’s are awesome but they fit better in a mech RP where they fight other mech’s that can actually pose a challenge to them.Accepted Rawrmouse.IC: Triblade (Danger Room)“Sounds risky.” He said. “I don’t have any powers that can do that but someone else might.” He said. Suddenly Matt heard the fire-alarm go off.“Okay we need to end this.” He said. “SIM 8657 end protocol.” He said and suddenly the SIM around them vanished instantly, he completed this an instant before Jared shut down the SIM. He then followed the mass of students as he ran outside. IC: BeastHank nodded, “Great you’re learning fast!” he said. When the fire alarm went off he looked at Wild Card. “Excuse me.” He said before running out of his office trying to find the source of the fire. Beast followed the smoke till he was at the flames. He smashed his fist through the glass casing of a fire extinguisher and then sprayed it over the flames until they all went out. Beast sighed and then walked outside the school, "There fire's out." he said looking at the mass of students. "Does anyone know how this fire started to begin with?" he said. IC: Ultimate FeralFeral was blasted backwards as the missiles exploded around them shrapnel burying itself in his chest and body. He got to his feet as blood dripped down from the wounds. “Okay its go time.” He said before running and jumping onto the Blackbird as it took off digging in his claws to stay on the plane. As it flew into the air he then jumped off, back-flipping through the air until he landed on the chest of Jayne's mech, his claws slashing through the metal and digging in. He then began to slash away at the mech's armor, his adamantium claws tearing through it easily. IC: SongbirdAs the Blackbird was protected by X-Bones Ashlynn flew inside the plane. She walked into the cockpit and then fired up the systems before flying into the air. The powerful jet flew at the Jibryaail mecha as it launched ten missiles at its chest and began to fire chain-gun fire at it as well. She was bleeding all over from shrapnel cuts, and burns from lasers.The Blackbird itself was a bit damaged it had taken some heat- seeking missile fire, but its powerful alloy plating had stopped most of the damage, a few plates had been blasted off revealing some of the inner workings of the jet, but it could still fly and it could certainly fight.IC: DarkfangJeremy grinned and then grabbed Sarah. “That was too easy.” He said before teleporting her to a cell within Weapon-X and activating the field.IC: ScorcherKane jumped to the side, one of the shadow needles stabbing him in the chest. As Michael ducked under his attack he tried to kick him in the chin and knock him back.IC: FeralFeral grinned as he slashed open Michael’s back; he was then tripped by the shadows, falling onto Michael since he was close enough to slash his back. He then tried to jab his claws into Michael’s backside.

Edited by Flex Nard

IC: IcitineLilliana heard fghting from the hole, and being curious, jumped down and headed down the nearest tunnel. She recognized that it was Kane and the new guy, Feral, fighting Michael.So Michael is trying to escape, she thought as she observed the scene for a moment. When she hit this realization she sent a few large ice missles toward Michael."Michael! Stop right now or I'll freeze you!" She called out, her voice stern and commanding.

OOC: Much obliged for the answer, Flex.IC: Like most of the students, Nero was quite curious as to what happened. Adrian and Spencer were in the same boat, so the three contented themselves to waiting to see what happened.---The eight Legions grouped together, and made their way into the sewers, beginning to create a perimeter to try and cut off Michael's escape routes.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Name: Jake Carrie.Codename: He is to be nick named in game.Age: 30Gender: MaleFaction: NonePower(S): creation of portals. He can create portals and close them quickly, he can only create one portal at a time. Portals very from size, he can create portals in places he hasn’t seen but that does pose the normal problem of not knowing where it is, it is easier for him to create portals in line of sight. Can not create portals inside of people.Appearance: 6’3”, Hazel eyes, brown hair, muscular, but not ripped.Weapons: Normally carries no weapons.Skills: Assorted low class skills of construction. He knows a little hand to hand combat.Personality: Can be quiet and watchful, can make quick decisions under pressure, and can be wary of people. He does know how to have a good time in his own way, Nonalcoholic.Weakness: He can still be hit from behind or unexpectedly. He is quick at creating portals but not always instant, when creating portals, distance can make it take longer, size too makes a difference but manly once they start to get quite large. He only knows a little hand to hand combat.Bio: He was registered with the government, who did not make his life very easy or the lives of friends or family, as a result he did not have many friends. While growing up he did much research on the different groups (the ones he could find anyway) involving mutants. Around twenty he got a job at a construction sight, slowly working his way up in the corporation. When his mother and father died Jake took up traveling, this made it hard for the government to keep track of him. He was told to stay still but did not listen; he soon was marked as an unofficial outlaw. Now he goes to different groups (brotherhood, X-Men, or The Enforcers) either helping or hurting, he is know among senior members.

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC:"Why the....f***...should I?" he retorted. He got kicked under the chin and got knocked back, causing him to avoid the missiles and claws.'How do I get out of here?' he thought. 'Maybe...' He concentrated, and the whole place was covered in blinding darkness.IC:"****" said Madness. Harm had somehow disappeared after being kicked in the chest, so where was he now?Hopefully, he would leave everyone alone, but Madness was inclined to believe the opposite. He would have to ask for help this time round.

Edited by TradTheMentalist

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: Ha, Adders, I know what you meant with my thing-I was going up to edit that anyways, considering it more of a placeholder by now than anything useful. :P Agility, though, if they're in the air, you can expect them to be able to move fast. After all, they are military grade battle mechs, as you so aptly put. On the ground, it's more them being big and able to take big steps, or bigger jumps. They won't be able to turn on a dime, or anything such as that. Level a city-never really considered it that way. Unlimited Ammo: I haven't fired a shot, and I'm not sure with Seig. It's supposed to be a big, walking gunship-esque thing, so I'm not too sure what the ammo would be like with one of those.Auto-Dodge: I've always assumed that, with all the computers required to run this thing, it would have some basic sort of A.I. within, and that would only be there to help compensate for the slow reactions of a human, or, if the pilot is incapacitated, to get them out of harms way until help can come.Big and Strong: Well, if something was going to be big, it'd kinda have to be strong in that case. So there.Flight: That one is obvious, guilty as charged.Invincible: As I said, I was editing my 'placeholder' post, if you will, so obviously you can tell that's not the issue.Although, heat being conducted to the pilot: I would assume that these things, when flying about, would generate enough heat themselves from the various motors and the friction of between the armour and the atmostphere that they would have some pretty good insulation to protect both the wiring and the pilot.
1. I was thinking more of the Dunamis and the way it did swerve on a dime while on the ground to dodge the combo attack I sent its way2. Okay so an advanced machine-mind with thought processes so fast it can avoid attacks almost before they happen, I'll buy that. I mean, its still auto-dodging which break the RPGs fourth rule, but I can get the concept3. Those things are all made of, essentially, adamantium which nothing any character has can even scratch them. I had to use a beam weapon that could level a building and call you out on god-modding to put just one hole in one mech out of three (I think its three, are there more that just haven't posted?) and slightly inconvenience a second. Until someone creates a mutant who can manipulate plastic with their mind (and believe me I've been tempted), those things are invincible4. I believe there would be insulation around the jets and weapons as cooldown to prevent them from overheating naturally, but I don't think that would extend to the cockpit and certainly would help against being blasted in the face by a superweapon
Where in there does it say that he can make giant Makuta-esque shadow hands to grab these big mechs and pull them about like ragdolls? It says he could form a basic construct like a shield wall, but I can't see anything there stating that there is both enough of this odd energy to form these huge hands with little problem from, say, loss of energy, and I would assume something along the lines of "overuse" might include grasping these big mechs and then pulling them about like ragdolls, y'know?
If you notice he's been reforming constructs he uses rather than letting them drift and forming new ones, a nod to conserving the energy which I do mention is limited. Your point about throwing them like ragdolls is just inaccurate; I deliberately mention he only goes after the ones flying because, since they're in the air, they're countering their own weight for him and have no anchor to keep them in place. The ones on the ground he hasn't touched, they'd be too heavy and too fixed. This is what I mean by trying to fight smart.God-modding with X-Bones would be throwing them round when they were on the ground, forming multiple tank-constructs (those would be complicated, btw, a hand is simple) to fire upon them, or just saying that since his energy disintegrates things it can slice the mech's arms off. Instead I've tried to fight fair and stick within the limits of physics and his abilities, and respected the [acronym=Hey, your word, not mine. I prefer plastimantium :P]magical[/acronym] indestructible plastic those things are made of. Your kneejerk reaction of yelling "godmode!" right back at me demeans us both.
OOC: A large portion of those pointes were addressed mostly toward Kal, but I'll handle the ones that include me here.Sieg has shown no spectacular agility, merely the capacity to counter forces that would affect its flight. And seeing as he transforms into what is essentially a large fighter jet, that makes sense. Sieg doesn't have limitless ammo, but he does have a lot, especially since most of his weapons are energy based. And again, this makes sense, because he is built to be a walking artillery platform. He has missiles stored in his shoulders, and considering the size of him and the missiles, he can hold lots of them. He isn't nearly as fast as the others, he makes up for it with firepower and armor. And, I'm going to be perfectly honest, we aren't the only ones not taking damage. X-Bones should, all things considered, at least be hurt by now. He's gone through several barrages of attack without a scratch, despite the blanket effect of said barrages....OOC: Also, the Ultimates really should be in more trouble than they've been stated to be. There have been several unblocked beam attacks, as well as missiles that should have impacted with the Blackbird. We have at least been stating the effects of attacks, so I would appreciate the same, and at least have reactions to our attacks.
I did point out that, by all laws of logic, physics and reality he Ultimates should be dead by now. Thing is, they can't get hit by those missiles or beams, like, at all, because they'd be instantly lethal. The only damage they can take is being blown into tiny pieces. The mechs' arsenal is the very definition of overpowered. If you want other characters to actually take damage and role-play properly perhaps you should use something other than a sky-scraper sized robot with the safeties off
Also on the mech’s… I agree things have gotten out of hand I should have honestly never accepted them into the RP. We have two options either de-power the mech’s greatly, or they get destroyed somehow, that’s the bottom line. Find a way to weaken them greatly or they will be removed. Mech’s are just too powerful against mutants who are flesh and blood. Their humans inside can’t even get hurt. Sure mech’s are awesome but they fit better in a mech RP where they fight other mech’s that can actually pose a challenge to them.
I have a suggestion: Say the mechs have to fill in character profiles, same as the rest of us. Limits their abilities and means they have something definable as a weakness. Way it is now, the mechs just count as a weapon so can have as many 'powers' as they like and the weakness is simply "well, my character doesn't have superpowers" which doesn't actually impact the mecha at allIC: "Umm, probably," Francesca answered Spirit, not aware that Beast had already taken care of the problemIC: "Any idea whether this was a real fire?" M'Kus asked Nero, Adrian and Spencer as he bustled through the crowd to them, "Or who caused it? I thought all the pyros here had a handle on their powers."IC: The first thing X-Bones did as the Blackbird took off was to check on Alex. He hoped their friend with the superspeed had got him aboard and put him somewhere

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Shawn IC: Shawn looks back at Nero to thank him, untill he caught a glimpse of Adrian, he stops for a moment and just stares at him..for some reason he looked...familiar.OOC: Hey, well I do have something kind of like a suggestion and this can apply to anyone. I noticed in profiles people just mention having super strength or whatever, but maybe it would be cool if said profiles could specify how strong, because while I am not saying anyone in this RPG would do this but I have seen people fluctuate their characters ability level to suit whatever situation they are in. Does that make sense?

Edited by The_Shawn_Legend

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.

IC: Spirit"Alright then." Will said as he grabbed her hand and faded into the spirit plane. she would notice that it looked like the world faded away leaving only outlines where objects use to be and that she could now see the emotions of others as plainly as she could nomally see them, of course right now the main emotion was worry because of the fire. "The fire is this way." He said. "It's a little tricky to move here you just need to mentally push yourself along."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Name: Jake Carrie.Codename: He is to be nick named in game.Age: 30Gender: MaleFaction: NonePower(S): creation of portals. He can create portals and close them quickly. Can create portals on things, it is possible to be dodged but not easily. Portals very from size, he can create portals in places he hasn’t seen but that does pose the normal problem of not knowing where it is, it is easer for him to create portals in line of sight.Appearance: 6’3”, Hazel eyes, brown hair, muscular, but not ripped.Weapons: Normally carries no weapons.Skills: Assorted low class skills of construction. He knows a little hand to hand combat.Personality: Can be quiet and watchful, can make quick decisions under pressure, and can be wary of people. He does know how to have a good time in his own way, Nonalcoholic.Weakness: He can still be hit from behind or unexpectedly. He is quick at creating portals but not always instant, when creating portals, distance can make it take longer, size too makes a difference but manly once they start to get quite large. He only knows a little hand to hand combat.Bio: He was registered with the government, who did not make his life very easy or the lives of friends or family, as a result he did not have many friends. While growing up he did much research on the different groups involving mutants. Around twenty he got a job at a construction sight, slowly working his way up in the corporation. When his mother and father died Jake took up traveling, this made it hard for the government to keep track of him. He was told to stay still but did not listen; he soon was marked as an unofficial outlaw. Now he goes to different groups (brotherhood, X-Men, or Enforcers, Weapon-X) either helping or hurting, he is know among senior members.
OOC: So when you say he can put portals on things, does that mean he can put portals on humans too? (If that's the case, it shouldn't be) And how does that work, does he fire a blast that turns into a portal when it comes in contact with a surface, portal-gun style, or can he simply make portals appear?

67tlbk.png

OOC: Great I leave for a little bit, and there's a whole bunch of wars going on about the Mechas, I'm assuming this is due to a few things not being clear.First off Beam Powered Weaponry, if Seig is beam based, I always thought it was artillery, then it should be way out of power right now. Beam powered weaponry means large risk of running out of power.Second tracking device used to dodge attacks, since when did that exist, yes they can track heat sources, but they won't autododge. You'll still get hit normally, unless you manage to successful evade with human reflexes. Third with such large attacks, pinpoint accuracy, with the possible exception of Dunamis, is nigh impossible.Fourth wires exposed is bad news, in Dumanis' case, most of it should be shutting down. After all wires in the front should not be working.Fifth, while the thrusters do workish, remember that it still takes a few seconds for the Mechas to be pushed, with the possible exception of Israafiyl who runs off that speed.There are a few more things I could bring up, but for the time being I wanna see those problems fixed. In other words, Delta squad should be losing. In fact, we should be retreating.I'll edit in an IC soonish.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Shadow"Yeah, Ric. It's me." Shadow said quietly, taking in his appearance. Slowly, she slid a little closer to him, and gently pulled him into a tight hug. "What's wrong, Ric?"

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Alaric (Dorm, Institute)"I just want them to go away, Vic," Alaric whispered pathetically, like a child who had just watched his favorite stuffed toy get blown out the window of his car and smashed into cotton shards along the street by a passing 18-wheeler. "I don't want to remember them anymore..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: ShadowShadow hugged Ric a little tighter. It wasn't hard to guess who he was talking about, there were only a few people that he could remember that others didn't. "I know.""But you know what else I know?" She sighed. Her next statement was awfully close to home. "You do want to remember. Because as bad as some of those memories are, and I don't doubt they were horrible, there are good ones too. Because you don't just lose the bad, you lose the good memories too.""You wouldn't want to forget all about your dad, would you? And all of the good times you shared, not just how he died?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Alaric (Dorm, Institute)Alaric was quiet then, biting down on his lip and staring at the window fervently, as though wishing it could burn him away to dust and blow him out through the half-cracked window, like a vampire."Why is my last name Carlisle?" he asked, more to himself than to Shadow. "Did my dad just give the name to me to protect me? Was it my mom's name? Who is my mom? Is she even alive at this point? There's just...I don't...I don't know."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Yes I did mean he can put portals on people to but I can change that (it's (I changed a spelling mistake here to.) changed along with a spelling mistake). He makes the portals appear he does not shot them. I thought that he might be overpowered once you see all the things that he can do.Edit.IC: Power:Nat saw another student run out of the school, it was one of the people in the Danger room with him.OOC: Were Jared and Nat introduced., no I don't think so but they probably saw each other outside the Danger room

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Shadow"I can understand that better than most people."Shadow hugged him even tighter, her eyes starting to water. She hated seeing him like this, and it was even worse knowing there was nothing she could do to help him. The only thing she could do was what she was doing, be someone to listen and a shoulder to cry on. "I don't know why your dad did what he did. Maybe he did it so the Enforcers wouldn't be able to find you, but that doesn't make much sense, does it?""Maybe it was your mom's name. Maybe she's still out there, and she wonders what happened to her son. But I don't doubt that your dad did what he did for a reason. I don't know much about him, but from what I do know, he didn't sound like the kind of man who would deny you this sort of knowledge without a reason. Maybe he had been waiting until you were older."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Spencer shook his head at M'kus' question. Nero shook his head as well, and replied "To be honest, the best I can muster is I heard some chick wailing earlier, but I thought it was like from a television or something. So all I can tell you is I think it involved a girl."Adrian was going to respond, but noticed Shawn coming over out of the corner of his eye, apparently headed for him. He raised an eyebrow in confusion at Shawn's rather determined face, but said nothing

OOC: Hey Rawmouse lol your avatar kind of reminds me of your character bio. So I kind of did the same thing with my sig lol.Shawn IC: Shawn walks over to Adrian and says "Hey, do I know you from somewhere? Why does it feel like I recognize you?"

shawnlos.jpg

IC: Adrian's face shifts to one of semi-disinterest, but his eyes gleamed with... something. "If I do, I wouldn't know. As far as I know, my parents left me here when I was a baby. Any siblings I might have are as much a mystery to me as they are to you."

Shawn IC: Shawn shakes his head "Yeah, yeah....you are totally right...you just remind me of someone who meant a whole lot to me, I can't believe I approached you like that, I guess I never got any closure and I really was hoping you were that...ahhh..never mind." Shawn says rambling a way.

shawnlos.jpg

OOC: light Laser, he’s should know anything about Weapon-X or have helped them it’s a shadow organization after all. What Zyke said is also a good question, is he making these portals like portal gun style? No he can’t put portals on people… just no. Also I’m going to have to limit his portals to this: He makes one portal he can go through, and a second one he can come out of, he can’t have like six portals around at one time. Also Will the fire has been put out, just saying.Yeah well they will be punished for destroying a wall of the mansion just saying. You guys don’t respect this mansion at this rate its going to look like a run down house on the south-side if Shawn keeps blowing through walls, creating craters and whatnot.

I have a suggestion: Say the mechs have to fill in character profiles, same as the rest of us. Limits their abilities and means they have something definable as a weakness. Way it is now, the mechs just count as a weapon so can have as many 'powers' as they like and the weakness is simply "well, my character doesn't have superpowers" which doesn't actually impact the mecha at all
I like this idea. This is what will happen. Mechs will have to fill out a separate character sheet for their mechs. They all must have a weakness of some sort, some weak-point on the mech that if it takes too much damage they run a chance of the mech shutting down or overloading. As for beam rifle/canon weapons I’m going to say they can be used about four to five times a fight until they have no charge left, as for the amount of missiles they hold, I want all mech’s on their profile to say the exact number of missiles they hold, and it will be limited to 10 missiles per mech, and you need to at the bottom of your post say how many you’ve deployed, and how many you have left. As for what the mech’s are made of I’m going to have to have you retcon them being adamantium plastic, they MUST be normal metal from now on that can take damage.IC: Beast“Yes it was a real fire.” He said. “But it wasn’t a huge one, it looked like a door caught on fire and it spread a bit down the hall.” He said. “And the burned door belonged to Tara’s room.” Beast said scanning the crowd but not seeing her.“And who broke through one of the walls?” Beast asked not looking happy.

IC: Vinewhip - Institute -Ashley had been doing what she always did after class, tended to the garden. She was trimming a tree when the alarm sounded. "What's going on?" She asked to herself as she made her way to the mass of students gathering outside the school. She made her way toward Beast. "What is happening?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: This is mostly gone from the main discussion, but I feel lit best for the players to know my, and several others', stance on this mecha debate.In the wake of this fiasco involving the mechs and the Ultimates, there are several points I would like to bring to your attention that seem to often be ignored.The first is the simplest. In that fight, the mechs were not the only people at fault. I find it has fallen to me to point out the existence of a double standard within the power levels of this game. Everyone points to the mechs because they are the most obvious example, but there are several mutants in this game that could trounce them easily. To take one specific example, Shawn. Shawn has super strength, super speed, and super durability. Shawn is the tank a tank wishes it could be. He could literally jump onto one, dodge its attacks, and tear it apart. There is also Tora Ichiki, who for one thing has seven powers, who can do everything Shawn can do, plus trash the mechs just because they are inanimate objects. Then there is Ultimate Dallas, who could literally just stop them in time and let everyone hammer on them. Also, Rosalina, who can literally make anything the could go wrong with the mechs go wrong with a thought. These aren't even all of them, these are just some of the more obvious examples. These mutants are on the same level as, if not stronger than, the mechs. And yet, they don't get anything more than a second glance, while the mechs get all of this hate for issues in g-modding for one fight. For one thing, individually, they have fairly minor crimes. It is only when you lump them all in together it seems like a massive problem. There have been bigger cases of g-modding from mutants than from the mechs.The fact is, the mechs are the equivalent of powers for Delta. And unlike mutants, their abilities can be taken away by damaging the mechs. Which can be done. Grochi's display of agility in them is not actually the way they move. Furthermore, unlike the mutants, they can't afford to get hurt because they don't have healers that can fix everything lickety split. Any injuries they take have to heal the long way. And any damage done to them is not insta repaired. They are, once they get damaged, more than twice as vulnerable than the mutants on any side.In closing, I will make one more point. One mutant took on two mechs, didn't take any damage, and they mechs have been forced into a retreat. And we're over powered? This is our position on the subject.IC: JamesJames drained his glass, and grinned. "Hey, Stark. Any chance I could have a little more?"

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

Shawn IC: Shawn raises his hand "Sorry, about that." Shawn not liking the idea of Tali taking the blame turns around and walks past Beast and tells him. "Look I know what is about to happen, I messed up the caf..because I been developing new powers that I can't contain, and sorry about the front lawn. My powers reacted again when I impulsively jumped in a pool of acid to save other students....So I am just going to save you the trouble of having to kick me out and I will just leave." Shawn says not willing to mention that he was following Tali's orders. Emily IC: Emily looks on in sadness. Hoping Shawn does not get kicked out.OOC: Dude, Rosalina fought one of your mechs....she lost...not to mention Shawn's weaknesses like I have RP'ed as well as stated Shawn can't hang with illusionist like Brianne, and telekinetics like a handful of the RPG characters. He has very exploitable weaknesses.

shawnlos.jpg

OOC: I already changed it so he can't put portals on people. he can have a portal appear in walls, under ground, and stuff like that but there isn't much point because you can't really go through, however he can make portals in people but that's kind of disgusting.I am fine with him only being able to create one portal at a time, but not just for him also for allies and for enemies for example; creating a portal so bullets go in and come another portal facing the other way and other stuff like that.I made some adjustments, how about now.IC: Power:Nat heard what Beast said and then went back inside to see if anyone was still at the Danger room.

lhikan_banner.png

OOC: No making portals inside people. Using portals to deflect bullets etc is okay. As for this discussion it is all being handled via PM and whatnot so let’s please drop it within the thread.IC: BeastBeast nodded at Tali, “I am very disappointed in you.” He told her. “This is not how a staff member is supposed to behave.” He told her. “I will be taking the money from your paychecks to pay for the damages.” He said. Beast looked at Shawn. “Maybe it is best you left until you learned how to control your powers more…” he said. “I can’t have you endangering the students or the foundations of the school.” He said.

OOC: EDIT: I didn't see Flex's post until I posted this. But I'll leave it here simply so my stance is known. I'll try not to say anything else on the subject. Hope you guys work this out,Well allow me to speak from an opposing standpoint. The fleshy side, so to speak. And I'll speak point to point.Point 1: Okay, yeah, Completely and totally avoiding all attacks the mechs have fired, and creating constructs of that scale, at least in the case of the net, can be construed as g-moddy. But here's the thing. This style of combat is mysteriously only prevalent against the mechas. Would you like to hazard a guess as to why? In the two instances that the mecha have shown up in a combat situation (both here, and on Riker's island), practically anything that was used to fight these things were either ignored, or handwaved in some rather unfair abuse of the mechs' unstated combat capabilities, which have ranged from purely avoiding any and all attacks, despite being gigantic, to having a multitude of failsafes that are ready for any situation, such as shortage of air or forced gun malfunction, and even apparently mirror plating (yes, the last one was retconned, but only because it was complained about, and it was quite obviously unfair.). To be accurate, and I've stated this before, a SINGLE mech was capable of taking on the majority of the PC Brotherhood of Mutants cast, alongside the entire criminal population of Riker's Island. Said mech escaped with minimal casualties or damage, captured the Brotherhood leader, and is back up and running and ready for more in less than a day, RP time. The robot had been shrunken, re-sized, attacked with a positive plethora of mutant blasts, projectiles, attacks, and even sentinel limbs, hexed, had the air drained from it with a vacuum, took supercharged fireballs to the face, and was still fine and dandy.Amazing.If this is what one has to worry about with just ONE MECH, who during the fight stated multiple times that it was firing blasts that are super-fast and near unavoidable, and certainly deadly, then against FOUR, the only options are to be overwhelmed with no argument, which is simply ridiculous, or fight back in the same vein. This implies a need for sincere strictness on the part of these robots, so that mutants don't have to god-mode back just to stand a fighting chance at losing.Point 2: Every example you listed should be able to take on one of these mechs, in theory. But see, the thing is, with none of the robots having set physical capabilities, it falls to the mech players to properly RP the strength levels necessary to lose to someone like, say, Shawn. And judging by the Riker's fight, I don't have huge heaping amounts of faith in that. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Shawn or Tora would be handled quite easily by one of these mechs. Why? Lightspeed laser blasts are faster than Shawn, who's only at the speed of sound. Shawn or Tora's strength is not high enough to break adamantium, which is how strong the "magical plastic" that these things are made of has been stated to be, which means even if they wanted to, they couldn't break through the armor plating. Pushing past that, assuming that the two could in fact break the plating for whatever reason, the mechs have proven time and again that they are agile enough to evade attacks from practically anywhere with maneuverability that would make Jedi jealous. Plus, with all of the failsafes, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mechs pulled some sort of internal defense mechanism from left field to knock any of the physical attackers off. Tora's inanimate object control would be seriously called out on if he were to try and manipulate something as large as one of the robots and just trash it, and you know it, so that particular aspect is serves no purpose. Rosalina's hex bolts attempted to do something as simple as cause a gun on the Jibraaiyl to misfire once, and the battlecry rallied against that was quite fierce, and was practically ignored IC until I pointed out how small and insignificant that was to the whole battle, so once again, I doubt anything larger than that can happen. Dallas is probably the best argument you brought forth as far as powerful mutants go, as he's the only one who could get away with using a power of that scale, and still be considered RPing within his boundaries, and NOT be called on it.You brought up a series of examples who could only win if they abused their powers, which, I'm sure you know, is not what would happen.These robots are not a power equivalent. That would imply that the levels of power are equalized and on the same scale. This is not the case. Sure, if the humans get damaged, then that's gam over, but if the robots are so unstoppable that getting damaged is nothing close to an issue, and the things can be repaired from whatever minor scuffs they managed to take on their impenetrable shells in a manner of in0game minutes, then being hurt is not something mech pilots have to worry about.You say they've committed minor crimes, but if the crimes were so minor, the backlash against them wouldn't be this strong. You say that the mutants you listed were as powerful as, if not more powerful than the mechs, but one of the mutants you listed DID fight a mech, and couldn't even hurt it, even with the aid of the entire Riker's Island criminal population backing her up.On to the final point. At this point and time, with the mecha being as powerful as they are, their weaponry can easily one-shot almost any mutant in game with no problem. We're talking beam swords, lightspeed laser blasts, high powered missile barrages, and absolutely ridiculous caliber giant robot sniper rifles. You say there are a whole host of mutants who could easily dodge, block, redirect or nullify those, but I'm hard pressed to think of any aside from three or four who can dodge (Dallas, Alaric, Shawn and Kevin), and you presented NO examples. The only choices are to either severely limit the amount of weaponry of that caliber, or seriously de-power them.Moving on to the Quicksilver argument, he's a moderator NPC, and the leader of one of the main forces in the game, with sound barrier breaking super speed, and magnetic control tied to the magnetic poles and electric field of the earth itself. It shouldn't be too much for him to be able to succeed against player characters this early on in the RPG's story arc. Now, say, if the mechs were to be upgraded later on with plastic parts, end eventually fully outfitted, that would be different. But as it is now, it's just a cheap escape to not have to lose to someone who in all rights, at this point in the game, people should be getting defeated by.And dropping to regular metal doesn't create the excuse to one shot the mechs. It simply creates the excuse to cause them damage at all. The mechs are still player controlled, and so would have to be treated with that same respect. But now they'd be able to be hurt. There's nothing wrong with that.To the closing point. I don't agree that the mechs should be in retreat. That's a bit much, and way too much for one mutant to have achieved, particularly with that kind of powerset. But it's not any worse than Riker's island, and it wouldn't have had to happen if the mechs were toned down. The battle could have happened much more satisfactorily if both sides were playing as if they were capable of actually losing.That's my stance.IC: Nero continued listening to the proceedings. When he heard what Beast said to Shawn, he was kind of flabbergasted, though. "Mr McCoy! You're really going to just kick him out like that because he caused a bit of property damage? How is he going to learn to control himself if he's not here?! Plus, he'd be a danger to all of the humans and innocents out in the world who are a lot less helpful and forgiving than us, yeah?!"

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

Now, I don't know about you, but a giant Makuta-style hand or a giant finely woven net is not a basic construct in my mind. And he used the hand twice, the net once, and fired several blasts. That sounds like he should be running out of energy
Then you and I clearly have very different ideas of simple. My general rule of thumb is "can a child paint it?" A hand, a net, all good. A construct mecha, now that would be complicated. Corkscrew? Simple. Can opener? Complicated. Did you think "simple" just limited him to things like squares?And I believe I pointed out that transforming the objects (the hand became a net which became a hand again), rather than creating new ones was him saving energy. So he used two hands, and three blasts
You found a way, and I could point out that catching the edge of an explosion, or flying shrapnel most likely wouldn't hav killed him.
Er, yes it would. If not from the instant fact of being exploded then from the blood-loss or burns. Go look up the sort of damage a simple land-mine can do (even to those on the edge of its blast radius) and then bear in mind that you were firing dozens of much more powerful explosions all around us. It was dodge or die
Shawn has super strength, super speed, and super durability. Shawn is the tank a tank wishes it could be. He could literally jump onto one, dodge its attacks, and tear it apart.
No he couldn't. Your mechs are made of plastimantium and are virtually indestructible. I think it would take the actual Juggernaut to tear them apart. There's also how the super-durable characters like Shawn and Giles are also subject to momentum; hit them hard enough and they'll go flying no matter how durable. The mechs are fifty feet tall and weigh uncountable tonnage, what do you think you have to hit them with to even make them stagger? Provided you can actually hit them since those super-computers can skip them out the way in the blink of an eye.Simple fact is that those mechs can avoid pretty much any attack and won't be affected by any that does. That very clearly breaks the no-godmodding rule. For all that you claim Shawn is an uber-tank, have you seen how many times he has been thwacked about like a punching bag? Both the Quicksilver fight and DC battle left him bashed up and battered as all heck.
The fact is, the mechs are the equivalent of powers for Delta. And unlike mutants, their abilities can be taken away by damaging the mechs. Which can be done
If they're the equivalent of powers then they should be limited like powers and have a clear weakness like powers. Because at the moment all the profiles say is "Normal human" which is irrelevant since the "normal human" is inside an indestructible shell which, since the mecha can react automatically, doesn't actually need them in the first place. The weakness is rendered completely null.And how, exactly, are we supposed to damage something that is stated to be made of indestructible material? Not tough, indestructible. You only started taking damage with the mechs when I called you out on it
Profiles and a weak point is a great idea, it will stop accusations of lacking weaknesses and profiles despite the fact these things are covered in the profiles for the pilots
See above. The weaknesses in the current profile don't count for the mecha
I disagree with the beam weapon usage, but an agreement could probably be reached for that. That is where my agreement ends. Ten missiles each is ten missiles that can be dodged, blocked, redirected, or nullified by a extremem number of the mutants in the game. Ten shots, and they're out while their opponents take no damage whatsoever
I agree with this point. I would set a definite limit on the missiles but allow free use of the beam weapons. They'd get to stay armed at all times and, since powers that counter regular attacks have been shown having trouble with the beams, remain a viable threat which is the important thing. Its just energy and if you've got a source powerful and stable enough to run a mech then throwing in a giant laser isn't too much of a stretch. You've already got a Stark on your side, so something like an ARC reactor isn't going beyond believability
People will use it as an excuse to one hit kill the mechs just as easily as they do Sentinels, which are supposed to be a challenge to fight. That doesn't even make them any different from what they are, except they are suddenly susceptible to magnetism. Because they'll just be made out of adamantium instead. In fact, all it really does is make them susceptible to your staff character, doesn't it?
The staff character who is currently imprisoned and out of action, but I see your point. Problem is, what happens when someone creates a plastic controlling mutant, like I said?You need to think creatively. At the moment you're being to focused on not letting anyone put a scratch on your mechs rather than thinking of ways out of such situations if they arise. So, since I'm trying to suggest constructive criticism (no, really, I am. Stop laughing!) why not say one of the traits your mech has is specialised nano-form armour that can replicate different substances (presumably at cost of weaponry/power)? Or, if you stick with metal and do run up against Quicksilver, fire all weapons and jets simultaneously and heat up your mech since high temperatures disrupts magnetism big time. There are many solutions other than just sledgehammer application of brute force
In closing, I will make one more point. One mutant took on two mechs, didn't take any damage, and they mechs have been forced into a retreat
When was this? Because at Riker's I remember there being whole swathes of mutants against just the Jibryaail and its retreat being debatable, and with the Ultimates it them who are retreating, not the mechsIC: Since Beast had already solved the fire problem Francesca willed the spirit form she'd been put in outside with the others. She really, really hoped Spirit knew how to make her physical again Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg