IC:"..."Rebekah didn't verbally respond, but her unseen eyebrows raised. They were going to Brooklyn's mother's home? Well. This will be interesting.

At her friend's direction, Rebekah turned and kept following the streets toward their destination, occasionally altering course as directed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ashley
"A serial killer!?" Ashley exclaimed, before laughing. "You'd be the last person I'd ever guess to be that!"
"Though yeah, I'll return them tomorrow if I can."
IC: Howard - Stark Tower
The door made a sort of popping sound before it began to slide upward, permitting Noel to enter.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"Don't stress about it. Of the things I would be worried if they went missing, a tshirt and a pair of jeans are on the bottom of the list." Alistair slipped his shoes back on after rinsing his mug.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Yeah I agree with Zyke on the Metal Gear name thing. It’s a pet peeve of mine to have characters blatantly named after others from another series mixed into our Marvel universe. Aren't the name Raiden and Snake and even their civilian names straight from MG?

IC: Nicole

“Wow hot car,” Nicole said happily. She giggled and then ran over to the stingray before pulling herself into the passenger seat.

IC: Beast

“Someone needs to open a passage outside!” Hank yelled as he tore a robot in half with his bare hands.

“The non-combat trained students need to be evacuated to outside, the simulation can’t exist beyond these walls! Adrian can you do this?” Hank shouted as he kicked another robot away.

IC: Mimic

Christine had almost dozed off at this point. Her head back against the wall with her eyelids closed over her forest green eyes. When Aleks suddenly spoke and tried to sit up she looked up as her eyes opened.

“That would be the doctors, ah think your shirt was too soaked with blood and pretty shredded,” she said.

“You need to take it slow Aleks, don’t hurt yourself more then you already are.” She said. She didn’t admit it but she was insanely happy that the Russian was alive, that he was ok. It gave her comfort and a feeling of hope. It was still hard for her to see him in such a terrible condition.

IC: Feral

“Yeah go ahead and drive slim,” John shouted to Alex from the back.

IC:

Aleks tried to pop his elbows, play with his hair, even reach out and poke Christine: his arms just didn't have the energy to move more than a few feet, and after a couple minutes, his hands dropped limply at his sides and he blew out a puff of air, bored.

"This blows."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Please. It's like you've never watched a movie with a Russian villain. We never really die."

IC:

The drive from Vegas to Los Angeles was, surprisingly enough, about as long as they made it seem in The Hangover. There wasn't really time for talking, and Brooklyn was feeling tired and exhilarated and a little bit fluttery all at once, so the young Carlisle fell asleep, her arms still tightly around Rebekah and her head on the other mutant's shoulder. When her eyes snapped open, she was no longer in Vegas, or even in Nevada.

"Whahuh? Oh, uh...take the right at the next exit. From there, it's a couple minutes out..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Rebekah blinked, fighting down the sleepiness that had started to rise for the past thirty minutes or so. She nodded, turning off at the indicated exit, and coasting into a residential district. At Brooklyn's direction, she stopped at a particular address.Looking at the structure, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of unexplained anxiety in the pit of her stomach.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Workin' on it, Mr. McCoy!" Adrian called back, another trio of robots colliding with a gate-covered doorway. Adrian had broken through various droids and simulated attacks and had been slowly but surely creating a safe path. Adrian was beginning to feel mildly dismayed, however, as he was beginning to feel the blasts and blows from the attacks on most sides. Adrian grunted and pressed forward, smashing a few more droids into the gate, trying to use their weight and his strength to break through the door.

The door began to groan with the strain, and Adrian pushed harder, spurred on by the growing chance of success. When two droids grabbed at his arms to pull him away from the door, Adrian stepped back and used his superior strength to bring the robots in front of him, then add them to the pile, the metal of the robots and the gate squealing in tandem as the whole thing crashed out of the doorway, twisted metal crashing across the following hallway.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: About White Lighting's powers... What all can he do with electricity? Just unleash electrical blasts? Absorb electricity from devices?

How strong is he exactly, like able to lift cars or what. Just that electricity has lots of uses and combined with super strength could get a bit OP.

As for Marauder he seems okay to me. Accepted +1. You will need a second GM approval before the character is fully accepted.

IC: Nicole

“What do you mean something is calling you?” Nicole asked. She had no idea what he was talking about.

IC: Spencer sighed with contentment as he downed another hot dog as he began to stroll into Central Park. This free feeling was not one he often got to enjoy. Here, in Manhattan, nobody knew him. Nobody was aware of his status as a mutant. As far as he could tell, there was nothing of note occurring that would turn his entire world upside down.

Life, for once, was good.

Then Spencer heard the screams. A shudder of dread ran down Spencer's spine. 'Though that too soon.' he thought to himself, before rushing to find himself a vantage point to see what was happening. And perhaps a place to be able to see a telephone to call the proper authorities...

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Robin grimaced, attention once more on the road. "In my head. Pulling me." A few seconds and the grin was back. "You up for a quick detour? We need gas anyway. Didn't fill up before we left." IC: Fox nodded, picking Jeff up carefully and accelerating, coming to a stop in Gabriel's room a few seconds later. "Here we are."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Whatevah Daisy Duke you wanna be, Mizz Marie," Aleks drawled playfully, mimicking her accent syllable for syllable.

IC:

"Hey, look! There's The Shack!"

Rebekah quickly realized the irony in the name; it was more of a beach mansion, four stories and nestled into a cliff not unlike Tony Stark's house; it was sleek and modern looking, obviously designed sometime in the 90s, and Rebekah's motorcycle pulled up into a driveway about as big as a Southern road. Before she could take it all in, Brooklyn had hopped off the bike excitedly, fixing her hair, and gestured for her crush to follow.

"Race ya to the front door, Slowking!"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Marauder

Marauder looked from the Helicarrier window. It's amazing how technology has help out war for many years. And also make last longer. He remembers the incident that happened almost six years ago, before being a SHIELD agent. He had called the attack, the Costa Rica Massacre Incident. Many people died that day entering the coast of Costa Rica. It almost reminded him of WWII, just the way his grand-father said.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:Staring at the house, Rebekah's eyes widened. The home was easily, by her estimate, of the same square footage as the X-Manor. It was a full floor taller, and it's width was impossible to guess with its back built into the cliff. The pit of nervousness in her stomach tightened, as heavy as a lead weight.What had, or hadn't, Brooklyn told her mother about her? Had she told her anything? Had she even spoken to her mother since she was freed?It was the usual reaction to meeting someone new a dozen times stronger. If Brooklyn had told her mother about her, who knows what kind of welcome she could be walking into? Or what kind of standards she'd be held to?So wrapped up in her thought, she didn't notice Brooklyn running until a moment after she began. Bike vanishing, she took off after her."Wait up!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That's yah own fault, sugah."

IC:

Brooklyn's head start was way too great to overcome, though, and the mutant was quickly knocking at the door, bouncing up and down on her heels with a huge grin. A loudspeaker, next to the door, squawked to life.

"Yes?"

"Hi, Jeeves! It's Brooklyn! Is Mom around?"

Several seconds went by before the door swung open, and an average sized, somewhat lithe looking woman popped open the door with a gracious smile. Her face was beautiful, though starting to line with age; she had long, naturally dark blonde hair that went down one shoulder much in the same way Brooklyn's did, and her smile was easy, not rehearsed at all for someone who's career profession was continually rehearsing things, and if this was what aging held in store for Brooklyn, she was luckier than a good 98 percent of humanity.

"Hi, girls. You must be Rebekah," she said in a soft, gentle tone that was like a verbal Snuggie as she looked at the two girls, standing side by side. "I'm Jenna. Please, come in, it's so chilly out here..."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Rebekah's body language was, as it often was, a paradox. Her violet eyes were more or less averted toward the ground, counting individual pieces of gravel. Her stance was a futile attempt at faux calm, instead it was tense, like a coiled spring ready to be released.All in all, it was clear she was as uncomfortable as it was possibly do be."Um, thanks..." She said squietly, stepping inside the door, and sliding off her shoes. One thing she could vaguely remember was that people didn't usually like it if you wore your shoes inside their house.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: As the van with the X-men started driving off, Alec shifted his arm into a grappling hook, firing it at one of the few surviving signs in the battle-zone. The hook fused with the machinery of the sign and he pumped power through it, super-charging the sign until the bulbs and neon tubes all blew in a massive flash of light. Any snipers waiting to take a shot would be effectively blinded by the blast, and any assassins trying to sneak up on them would be showered by red hot glass. Alec smirked to himself as the hook retracted. That should buy them a bit of breathing room

IC: Heading to the cache where she'd stashed her little...helping hand, Francesca retrieved the thing and stashed it in a pocket of her jacket. Now...McCoy. He was bound to be in here somewhere, hopefully the robots hadn't got to him

OOC: Are we waiting for a Marcus or Ashlynn post for the little psychic duel to continue? And is Angel just going to get to Las Vegas already!

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: As I said waiting on Alex to post and me and him to talk a bit. Do we need a car chase to keep us busy in the meantime?

IC: Mimic (Las Vegas)

“Hey now, I’m the one that calls people sugah,” she said. “About what happened when we were fighting… when I, well.” She looked away from Aleks then her cheeks reddening.

“I’m sorry I did that.”

IC:

"You mean throwing yourself out into the middle of a firefight as soon as you saw me and getting involved in a sniper battle? You should be. That was reckless."

IC:

"I was just making some fruit punch," Jenna called back softly. "Would you girls like some?"

Brooklyn nodded cheerily, Rebekah somewhat awkwardly, but regardless they both followed Jenna into the kitchen, which had a lovely view of the kitchen through a fourth wall made of glass (easily breakable, thought Brooklyn with a mental giggle) as they sat down at the barstools installed in the floor and Jenna finished up brewing together a variety of juices including, but not limited to, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, grape, and Mountain Dew Code Red, before dropping in ice cubes laden with fruit into three glasses and pouring some. As she walked over, holding two with her fingers and setting one down for Rebekah, she smiled at her daughter and kissed her warmly on the head: giggling, Brooklyn leaned forward to accept the show of affection eagerly, and then patted her forehead with her fingertips and pressed them to Rebekah's head as well.

"So, Brooklyn's told me a lot about you, Rebekah," the actress said warmly. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

IC:

After the brief incident with Dallas buckling in René and then leaning back into his own backseat without a seat belt on ("Hypocrisy!" Rene had cried in a Shakespearean voice, which only made Angela growl louder as she tried to focus on the road) things had gotten sort of quiet. The two boys had been relegating to playing Rock, Paper, Scissors in the backseat for a while, then they'd played Draw My Thing, then they'd texted despite being right next to each other. Finally, the silence was broken.

"On the road again..."

"Dallas, stop singing," Angela warned.

"I can't wait to get on the road again..."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Um."Rebekah stammered ever so slightly, eyes stoically fixed on the ever-so fascinating countertop in front of her. "Um. It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Carlisle...."

"You have a lovely house....." The former weapon mumbled, in an attempt to create conversation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Devlen/Richmond]

A brief amount of time had passed since Saphine had arrived at Devlen's hotel; the two were now elsewhere, within the inner depths of the city. More specifically, they had just arrived at a small warehouse, officially owned by a proxy company of Scandium Inc. The two of them walked in, greeted by a woman in casual business attire.

"Mr. Grimmson," she said in a brisk, accented voice. From the sound of it, it was Scandinavian. "Your forenotice was... not forgiving."

"I don't mind dust, just quality." The trio walked through the lobby past an automatic door, a security guard behind a widow waving them through. "I trust the shipments made their way here properly?"

"There was a slight misunderstanding with the Coast Guard; it was resolved after we showed them our credentials."

"Did they inspect the cargo?"

"No sir."

"Good." Walking up to a cabinet, Devlen pressed his thumb on a scanner, giving the machine a moment to process and accept his identification. The door came loose, allowing the trio to look at what was inside. A full suit of body armor sat inside, with a number of weapons slotted next to it. "Quite beautiful."

"Mark XXV Titan Body Armor. It comes equipped with shock absorbent padding underlayer, with a non-Newtonian fluid pouches on all critical parts of the body, the pouches themselves woven with carbon fiber. The outermost layer is composite armor, light-weight carbon fiber plastics. The inner layer of the suit itself is designed to be modular and capable of switching from a breathable fabric to a completely airtight lock. The helmet was comissioned by DARPA; it provides a real time HUD, capable of displacing various information from around the environment. It's augmented vision can also use infrared, ultraviolet, and enhanced lighting." The woman pulled the helmet off, handing it to Devlen. "It comes with state of the art air filtration, built in radio scanners and communications using the latest in encryption technology."

"The price tag on the complete set?"

"Upwards of seven hundred thousand US dollars; a bit extra if you get GPS."

"Humorous." The man frowned. "How many do we have available?"

"Five."

Devlen carefully put the helmet back on the rack, turning his attention to the weaponry. "I trust you have a few toys ready?"

"As always sir." The woman opened a drawer, revealing multiple assault rifles ready. " Modified TAR-21s. An Israeli made rifle, it uses 5.56mm rounds and is made for the extreme conditions of desert warfare. We've equipped it with armor piercing and anti-infantry rounds." She slid the drawer back in, pulling another out. "40mm grenade launcher attachments; we have high explosive, gas, and flash-bangs at our disposal." Another drawer. "Glock 38; you carry one on your person sir, I'm sure you don't need me to explain to your their merits." Finally, she opened another cabinet door, revealing several small, thin, black boxes. "Specialty order, from our friends back in England. High concentration nerve gas wired to a sophisticated detection system. The ultimate boobytrap if you will; exposure within a ten meter radius will result in death within minutes, with the ability to detect life signs equally as far away, though its sensitivity can be adjusted."

"Impressive. How many do we have?"

"Will a hundred suffice?"

"Not as many as others would prefer, but their job will be done. What about my other request?"

"That was... slightly harder to come by." The woman seemed distracted for a moment. "Fuel-air explosives, especially ones of such a yield, are pricy and difficult to come by. It's set to arrive tomorrow, and immediately be transferred to the jump-off point. It isn't... quite as large as you requested."

"Do tell."

"The bomb will take out a significant portion, at least three fourths, of the main complex. The rest of the grounds will be mostly untouched from the blast, though they will likely burn down in the ensuing firestorm."

"Things can't always go our way I suppose." The aged man turned to Saphine, looking at her with some measure of curiosity. "I trust the Swiss are ready?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong