IC: Fauna

Fauna decided to fallow the van from a higher altitude to protect herself from bullets.

IC: Winter

"What an absolute waste of time." Winter muttered under breath. It seemed as if people were avoiding her like the plague. Not watching where she was going, she stopped directly in front of Ares.

OOC: Sorry for not putting his name in bold, Flex. For some reason, my brother's computer is not letting me see any options.

OOC: Don't worry about that Phoenix, you don't have to do that, only if you think they might miss your post, but I've read literally every post in this RP so far XD.

IC: Ares

Being a bit distracted with his thoughts; Ares hardly even noticed when he bumped right into a girl. "Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't see you stopping there." he said as he grinned trying to disarm her. It wasn't his intentions to make anyone mad by bumping into them today.

EDIT: Didn't mean to call you Fauna, your character's name.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Marauder

Quickly Marauder fires another bullet to his head, and soon falls asleep. He reloads and creeps up to the dock. He now had to take out the other three that were circling the area. He saw one in the boathouse, and the other two near a warehouse, both opposite of each other. The walked around the warehouse, checking each others backs as it looked. He then aimed his sights at the one in the boathouse.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC: White Lightning's weakness still seems a tad insufficient considering his power set.

IC: Felix

Felix stood outside of Wyatt Gamble's cell, eying the prisoner carefully. A small flame danced around his hand as he idly wiggled his fingers. Now that the Helicarrier was relatively under control, he had been assigned to keep an eye on the Gamemaster. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came; he merely sighed.

And then, he vanished. There was no better way to put it. One moment, he was there with his eyes on Wyatt, and the next, he was simply gone. There was a slight breeze as the air in the room rushed to occupy the space where Felix Larson had once been, but aside from that, there was nothing. No sound, no inexplicable flash of light. Nothing.

Suddenly, just as Felix had vanished, something appeared on the inside wall of the cell, right in front of Wyatt. It was a small, yellow sticky note scrawled with hasty yet neat handwriting that said:

Time is running short. Get out of that cell by any means necessary.

In that same moment, there was a clatter. A small plastic die had fallen at Wyatt's feet.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC - Cambion - Boston: Cambion smiled disarmingly, trusting his research on the SHIELD agent. "I took a trip down to the pub last night. Was celebrating the end of the Christmas season after throwing out the julgran. Christmas tree." He rubbed his jaw ruefully. "Anyways, I had a couple of drinks, when a 18-year old sneaking his way in with some friends decided to make trouble. It's horrible what drinking does to young people."The mutant ran a hand through his now-sandy blond hair. "Turns out he was some kind of mutant. Spat this-" He pulled on his hair and was able to dislodge was looked like a piece of translucent concrete from his hair. "-all over my hair. Sticky saliva." He exhaled sharply. "The shampoo here in America just isn't as good as back home. I had to use some of the 1963 to scrape it off my scalp. And I couldn't get all of it before it dried. A real tragedy." The agent nodded. "Satisfactory enough?" The female agent looked disgusted. "Yes, yes. No need to go into the gory details."Cambion turned to walk down the hallway. "I'm going to check the database for him. I want to see if he's been registered or not."_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Cambion grinned as he sat at Persson's office. "I don't think there is anything like sitting at a new SHIELD-issued desk, in a SHIELD-issued office chair, drinking SHIELD-issued coffee, and reading SHIELD-issued files."He had finally reached his target. Before him, on the screen, was the bulk of information on the world's mutants. Technically, the American registry was the only complete one. Other countries, particularly China and Russia, only seemed to have submitted their weakest mutants to the international registry. "They probably don't want to disclose their war potential to the other side. That or the Boston file is only has the complete American one, with rudimentary information on mutant immigrants." Cambion scrolled through the files briskly. Each folder on the registered mutants could open up into a larger file, with a two-page description of the extent of their powers. But really, Cambion didn't need that. The summaries would do. "Name, power summary, age, and address is all I'm gonna be needing for this job." IC - New York - Brotherhood NPCs: Supremacy frowned as he surveyed the skyline. "Spider, is Terror in position, and have Stardust and Spiral completed their preparations?" "Affirmative."Supremacy crossed his arms and swung from the eavestrough, through the window of the house. Spider was still at the computer, a dejected look across her face. The powerfully-built male mutant crossed his arms as he stepped over a crimson puddle. It had taken only a minute of 'persuasion' for the sapiens in the house to volunteer their home for a greater cause. He kicked aside an overturned bowl of cereal in frustration, the plastic skidding off across the tile floor in a rain of Fruit Loops. It was regrettable that they had to wait until the children returned home from school. He turned at a strange slurping sound. "Spiral, took you long enough." A nervous-looking man paced into the room, stepping out of a shimmering, swirling portal that seemed to crackle with electrical energy. The new arrival's dreadlocks bounced with every step. "Please, I got here as quickly as I could. Stardust and Shock are in place."Two voices buzzed into the group's collective consciousness. The harsh, grating female voice. "I am overlooking the convention centre, in a secure position. The secondary target has not yet arrived." The second voice was soft, a whisper not dissimilar from the bubbling of gases through a thick swamp. "I too have arrived. Tertiary targetsss are togethhhher." "Our anonymous source only gave us the target's itinerary two days ago. We didn't get much time to rehearse this, so let's make it count. We only have one shot at this." Supremacy as he climbed out of the window carefully and taking his position on the roof. A moment later, Spiral, the dreadlocked mutant, had clambered out onto the tiles. "The target should begin descent in 10 minutes. Let's give the President a real New York welcome."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (General Yuri)

With a lurch, the black helicopter set down atop the convention center. The visit to the Enforcers had had to be cut short, which was just unfortunate. Yuri had looked forward to reviewing their failure to stop the Riker Island breakout in great detail. Sadly, one could could not always get what one wanted. The two marines were the first out of the helicopter followed by Yuri, Thompson and the senator,the marines had ridden along in silence for the most part. Though they had made meaningful eye contact with each other whenever the good senator had started to talk. Yuri approved. He had no patience for men like Senator Green. No patience at all. They knew little of security matters and yet, insisted on being a part of every little task.

"General."

Speak of the devil and lo, he shall appear. Yuri turned to regard the senator behind him. "Yes?"

"You assured m-"

"Rest assured Senator Green. You are secure." Yuri gestured to the teams of men taking position about the rooftop. "We have countersniper operatives in place, hourly infrared scans are being conducted. We have anti-bomb patrols combing every inch of this building. We have every avenue of approach covered. The entrances, the streets...." Yuri didn't mention the plain clothes officers he'd had posted around the street, or the sniper teams that had set up in the rooms of many buildings in the surrounding city block. Some things were better left unsaid. "We have taken every precaution allowed to us."

If it had been up to Yuri, he'd have had drones floating up in the sky, scanning the block every five seconds. One couldn't have everything however. "Now Senator Green, I believe you have hands to shake yes? Allow me." With one swift motion, Yuri pulled open a nearby door, swinging it wide for the senator.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC WyattWhat looked at the die at his feet incredulously. He was supposed to escape an airborne aircraft carrier with THIS? Still, he picked the die up. Shaking it in his hands to ensure his abilities were working, he began to examine his cell, desperately attempting to bend the universe's will to his own, hoping for a stroke of luck.OOC what type of cell is it?

OOC: Introducing the Brotherhood's Squad!Supremacy, Spider, Spiral, Stardust and Terror!

Brotherhood Fun Fact - Spider has telepathic powers! While she can't pierce the memories of her enemies, did you know that she is able to create a psychic "forum" between up to eight people? This forum is able to reach across thousands of miles, and is super useful for coordinating the nefarious schemes of Quicksilver and Co.!If this punk-haired mutant wants to deliver a message directly from one person to another, she can let herself be possessed by a person on her 'forum'! Somehow, this has an effect on the way the world perceives her, and to the recipient(s) of the message, she'll look and sound just like the person possessing her!

If she has to tango with the X-men, she uses her trusty short swords! IC - Cambion - Boston: Almost a full workday had passed, and Cambion had nearly done it. "Well, it would be more like a scrolling day. If this is the SHIELD gig, I'd probably die at this desk jockey position." He looked down at the ring he had placed facing the screen. It would have been impossible to take away a normal hard disk with the database uploaded onto it. Firstly, he didn't know if there were any computer-based alarms placed on the file. Secondly, a USB might be too conspicuous. The mutant smirked slightly. "Hair growth, vestigial wings. Talk about some lame mutations. I guess I really did win the lottery." He slipped his face back into the serious expression of the Swedish agent. He had only managed to crack the password on the computer thanks to his probability powers. He had placed the ring between his keyboard and chest. The tiny camera he had set behind the gemstone had been scanning the scrolling screen, taking silent pictures of each page of America's mutants. The mutant sipped his coffee. "Priceless."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

OOC: What's with this forum and possession thing?

IC: Feral (Las Vegas)

John tore his claws out of the assassin’s gut. He was screaming in pain. John grabbed him and used his body as a meat-shield as the other six assassins opened fire.

Blam. Blam. Blam.

John was pushed against the wall as a pistol snapped off more bullets plunging into the body in front of him. By now his other bullet wounds were healing over. The bullets were being pushed out of his body by his healing factor. They hit the metal flooring with a light click as they rolled away.

John snarled and threw the corpse at his enemies, in the tight space it kept most of them occupied. He lunged forward as one of the assassins began to shoot him in various places; his claws arcing upwards as they passed through one of the assassin’s gun and arm in three separate places. He cried out in pain as Feral swiped his claws across his neck. Crimson splattered on the wall as the man’s head rolled off his neck now that it was suspended there by less then a thread.

The remaining assassins turned to John knowing that the guns were really doing nothing. They tossed them away and grabbed combat knives as they lunged forward as one. They struck at John with lethal accuracy; plunging blades into John’s body as fast as they could. He deflected several blades with his claws.

John could lie to himself and say he didn’t need this. He didn’t need to kill people like this. But that would simply be denial. John not only needed this; but something inside him liked it. It was like there was a predator within John’s skin. Clawing for freedom and blood; John knew with every assassin he killed here there was less of a chance he’d hurt someone he cared for; someone he loved. He didn’t deserve their love, he knew that now. There was something wrong with him. The animal, but he could keep it at bay.

Sparks filled the air as he parried more slashes before unleashing more of his own. Several were blocked by the assassin’s daggers but one faltered and John’s claws cut through his arm. He finished him quickly by jabbing his claws up through his jaw-line and out the back of his skull.

Three down. Four to go.

The other four sliced furiously at John. One jabbed his knife upwards into John’s right eye. This was a pain John hadn’t experienced before.

“Ahhh ****!” he roared as he stumbled backwards; hot blood pouring down his cheek as the knife jutted from his eye-socket. John reached up and tore out the knife. The pain was unbearable. Like someone had stuck a hot iron inside John’s eye. He saw his blood splash on the floor as he tossed the knife down. His shoulders were heaving now from pure rage. Veins pulsated on his neck and his bulging arms.

John lurched forward as he bellowed. All six claws were stabbed into the assassin’s chest as he pushed him into the wall. John felt his adamantium claws cut through the back of the assassin out through the metal wall; now sticking outside the vehicle.

But John wasn’t finished with him yet. He was still partly alive. As his claws were lodged in his chest he pulled with both arms as hard as he could. There was a terrible snapping and tearing sound as John’s claws tore the assassin’s body in half.

He tore them out now, his face covered with droplets of red. He turned at the wrong time; an assassin plunged his knife through the side of John’s cheek and tore outwards with it. John responded by smashing his elbow into the man’s face. He grabbed the man’s arm; twisted it and then stabbed his three claws through the assassin’s arm. The man screamed. John grabbed him by the head and then smashed his head into the metal wall repeatedly until he moved no more.

The last two assassins backed away from John. “Spare us please,” one of them said. “We are just following orders.”

“So am I.” John said. His arms moved forward as he skewered one through the chest. The other he swiped with his claws along the abdomen; the long blades cutting all the way through his body. John watched as the assassin folded in half and the other one fell still.

John slowly approached the driver. “Please don’t kill me… I was just driving the van… I wasn’t even shooting at you.”

“You’re lack of loyalty to your cause is pathetic,” John said. “You were all quivering traitors at the end. I let you life and you have the chance to do this again; to kill more innocent people.”

He then grabbed the assassin and threw him out the shattered windshield. The assassin hit the road before the van suddenly lurched over him. It was done.

Snikt. John pulled in his crimson stained claws as he grabbed the steering wheel and pressed his foot to the gas.

IC: Nicole

“Okay, I’ll be right here if anything weird happens.”

IC: Ares (New York)

“Whoah Alyssa, when did you get here?” Ares asked with surprise as the fellow SHIELD agent appeared.

"Right, I forgot we can both do that," he grinned. "I decided to fly down here instead of port, it was much more satisfying personally." he shrugged. "Did they send you down after me or something?"

When Robin suddenly vanished and shouted out Nicole took a step closer. "Robin!" she shouted. Black energy danced around her hands for a moment as slight fear for Robin's safety took hold of her.

OOC: While I hate to sound divisive, I feel I should mention that a character does indeed exist in this RPG with the ability to manipulate blades of plasma. If such a precedent exists, why would it be denied on other characters if the power has not yet been abused in an overpowered manner?

To answer your question, Flex, I believe the way it works is that the Forum is like this broad connection between the NPC Spider and eight other people of her choice. With it, I imagine she can send messages to anyone connected to her. In order to coordinate plans and such. I believe the possession thing works in that if she wants to deliver a direct personal message, she can let one of the people on the network take over her body, even going so far as being able to project an image of the person possessing her, so it would be as if you're talking directly to the person instead of her relaying messages back and forth.

IC: With John handling one van, Nero sidled up to the open door and began screaming, sonic waves of force blasting towards the other pursuing van.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: I don't see why CM shouldn't be allowed to have a third power, if he feels he can handle it. I mean, yeesh, mental shields are a dime a dozen in the game at this point...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC:Advent, while I recognize what point you're driving at, there are a few key differences. The proposed character can manufacture plasma, as well as control it efficiently. Triblade, the other character with plasma based powers, does not directly control plasma. Rather, he controls an ability that when used to its fullest results in plasma. His plasma blasts are less "I'm going to make plasma" and more "Fire at this frequency, and it will result in a plasma blast". Now, normally there wouldn't be much of a difference. But this means that Triblade's effectiveness at actually manipulating plasma is minimal. The proposed character, on the other hand, can create and manipulate the plasma. This opens up the path for significantly more potential abuse of the power, by creating things like wave of plasma, wide plasma attacks at high speeds, or in his own words, an entire horde of fast-flying plasma bullets.

Second, I myself am opposed to plasma being a mutant power in this game anyway. There's a lot of potential for abuse in it, if you apply even high school science, then plasma becomes quite deadly. Triblade is a holdover from the old regime, one that I've been keeping an eye on. So far, he's only used his powers for things like blasts, maybe a sword once in his run of the game. If the proposed characters were brought back down to a level such as that, I think I could safely allow the plasma powers to be approved. But as it stands...TNG: TNG, how would one make an effective sword out of a red hot liquid rock?CM: Checking the profile again, yeah, I'll agree with Tyler. You can put the mental shields back in, though I don't think I asked you to take them out... I think I just asked how strong they were...

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Kray, I don't think you're getting it. Outside his field of control he can't control whatever you choose to give him, but I meant for him to be able to have total control over its shape (So he suspends it in midair in the shape of a blade) and speed (Which is how he launches it at bullet speed, by using the law of inertia) as long as it remains in his control range. Once outside, it will take an external force to change the shape, speed, heat, or..well, any property, of whatever element he is given.

Oh, and I'll concede to fire on the spot if I can have a sword made of tungsten carbide.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: Fair enough. I have nothing else to say on the plasma matter. I imagine you guys will find comfortable ground with that. That said, I see no problem with a tungsten carbide blade, but, admittedly, my search was a cursory wiki search to gain a slightly better idea of what the metal in question is, so I could be missing something.

As far as White Lightning goes, I am confused as to why he can hear the smallest frequencies. What, exactly, makes him capable of such superb hearing? Also, how does this stack as a weakness? Sensitive hearing can be off putting, but doesn't much count as a weakness unless the sound being used is particularly loud. It would have to be something that would be disconcerting for a normal person to truly have an effect of note on this character. Of all of the things I tend to be most critical of, even though I don't much voice it, I keep looking towards the weaknesses of proposed characters. White Lightning has a lethal ranged ability, is excellent at close range, has the statistics to back it up, and his only weakness is sonic-level noise. I think I need something more affecting before I'm willing to approve him.

IC: Xander bit back a sigh as he laid on the bed in the spartan room he used as his quarters in the Hellfire Club's base of operations. Sighing was becoming something of a habit of his of late. One he wasn't fond of. He imagined the sighs were stemming from the feeling of uselessness. Ever since Col. Johnson departed the mortal coil, Xander had found himself increasingly lost, throwing himself into serving the whims of Romulus as a way to avoid the awkward feelings roiling beneath the surface.

It was shocking. The training Xander had been brought up with, the training which had previously made it so easy to switch between a carefree mind, and the cold, merciless weapon was beginning to fail him. It was becoming harder and harder to stop his emotions from seeping into his thoughts, his processes.

This was understandable, however. When your entire world is torn out from under you, it takes a very staunch and experienced type of soul to remain upright. And regardless of all the blood coatin Xander's hands, both physically and metaphorically, in the end, he was still little more than a child...

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: I think I'll just change it to water, since water does short circuit electricity.

OOC

Science nerd, ACTIVATE!

Pure water does not short circuit electricity. In fact, pure water is an excellent insulator. If you had truly pure H2O, you could submerge your computer in it. Your computer would still have issues of course, because water will dissolve anything and those micron-thin wires are going to start having degradation issues, so I wouldn't suggest it.

But if you had a wire not measured by the atom, you could run it, bare, underwater, uncovered, and have it work for a while. Assuming you ran it through pure water.

Thus I'd suggest changing it to salt water, or any sort of ionic solution dissolved in water, which will allow for electricity to flow through it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Robin just stepped out. "Uh, there's like a big... Well, you need to see for yourself."The halfblood grabbed her hand and walked back through. What he had seen before was a large wooden gate, blackness in between the posts. It looked ancient.

IC: Alyssa shrugged. "Nah, came down here on my own. I don't leave the helicarrier much, but I guess, if I stay with an Avenger, Fury won't be mad at me."

IC: Jared aimed at the engine block of the sole remaining van, a beam of laser light flowing from his hand to the armor, starting to cut through.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: "Hmmm, that may be preferable," Song said, "No temptation to try and take the bird for themselves, and it is not as though they would not be aware of finding it if they did indeed find it. We'll need to scatter them as far afield as possible, the bird could be anywhere by now. Though there are a couple of likely places that I think you and I should handle ourselves."

IC: M'Kus and N'Dine had been outside when the mansion had shut down. M'Kus had the panther shape and needed to stretch its muscles. They were trying desperately to open one of the ways in but claws, even claws driven by feline strength, wee of little effect against the lockdown

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I think you mean OOC not IC. Flaredrick

“I don’t think we should be here, let’s leave.” Nicole said to Robin as she saw the gate.

“You never know with Fury, the man has a good poker face,” Ares said. “I may be an Avenger but that doesn’t make me any better then a member of Pantheon.”

IC: NPC van

The sonic wave smashed into the van, making it veer off course. Jared’s laser-beam cut through the metal of the car as it arced into the engine. The laser cut through the engine disabling it terribly as the van stopped suddenly.

IC: President Binder

The President sat in one of the comfortable chairs of Air Force 1 as it began to fly over the landing-pad. His eyes were locked onto his notes as he went over his speech. Things had to go perfect today. The situation in Las Vegas was not helping the nation feel safe. He needed a miracle to get the people behind him.

"Mr. President, we haven't been able to reach Dr. McCoy," one of his guards said. The President nodded, "I'm sure he'll show up, I know Hank and he wouldn't miss this,"

IC: Robin gritted his teeth. "I...I can't. Something... Something's holding me here. You should go. I have to go in, and i can't promise protection."IC: ???A ship appeared over genosha, slight magnetic fields altering the course of inbound projectiles just enough to prevent collisions. A team of 5 beings that looked human (though they had something undefinably alien about them) dropped out, landing on the beach. The ship accelerated, disappearing once more.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Kray, I don't think you're getting it. Outside his field of control he can't control whatever you choose to give him, but I meant for him to be able to have total control over its shape (So he suspends it in midair in the shape of a blade) and speed (Which is how he launches it at bullet speed, by using the law of inertia) as long as it remains in his control range. Once outside, it will take an external force to change the shape, speed, heat, or..well, any property, of whatever element he is given.

Oh, and I'll concede to fire on the spot if I can have a sword made of tungsten carbide.

OOC: I won't reply to the point of plasma, because it's no longer relevant and I'm sick of debating it. A tungsten carbide sword would be fine, but I should make it clear that I will hold you to the physics of the material. A sword of reasonable length will end up at least fifty ponds, probably a lot more. Even with your character's increased strength, which as I recall was near the high end of what is physically possible for a human, it will be unwieldy. Not fast, but slow. And using it will cause him to tire. Quite quickly, actually.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Put the mental shields back at Krayzikk and Tyler's approval

Name: Asardin (alias Abrahem Hassani)Codename: NoneAge: Somewhere around 3150 years old.Gender: MaleFaction: No faction; will work with "Evil" factions.Power(S): Asardin possess an indefinite lifespan; while his body cannot heal injuries like Wolverine could, his body seems to be able to fight off the effects of aging. His immune system is extremely efficient; he possess near-total resistance to most bacterial and viral infections. As a result, not only has he survived through 3000 years of war, he also possess the body of a man in his prime. He can be killed by "regular" means but he cannot die naturally. As well, he possess the power of repulsion. He can use powerful psychokinetic waves to blow back one object at a time with powerful fore (similar to a Crast). He can use this power to achieve limited flight but he can't fly and repel objects at the same time. Appearance: Asardin has a very Iraqi look, though he also has Palestinian, Jewish, and Egyptian traits. He has a very muscular body and is quite tall (about 6'7"). He would look like a Greek God except for the colour of his skin. Standing with an air of nobility, he almost seems to be glowing at times. He is usually dressed in a business suit, though sometimes he may dress in traditional Babylonian clothing.Weapons: Asardin has a massive collection of various kinds of weapons from all ages in his home. However, the weapon he uses most often is a spade, a symbol of Marduk. As well, he possess a Skills: Asardin is educated in the knowledge of many civilizations, having lived through many different eras. In his youth, he was educated in the mysticism of the Chaldeans. Later, he learned the political sciences of the Romans, the science of the Muslims, the Alchemy of Renaissance Europe, and many other civilization's traditions and knowledge. He is a learned ritual magician and possess scores of astrological knowledge but not enough to be classified as a "power" (it is more of a religion for him). As well, Asardin is skilled at repelling psychic attack. While he isn't immune, his psionic shields can be quite a nuisance for even the most skilled of telepaths.Personality: Asardin is under the mistaken belief that he is a deity of some sorts. Believing himself to be the son of Marduk he views himself as a divine, superior being.As a result, he is arrogant, contemptuous, and prideful. As well, he has a very nihilistic view of humanity; seeing numerous civilizations rise and fall can do that to you. He is under the impression that humans, no matter how hard they try, will ultimately go extinct and be forgotten by the cosmos. As a result, he holds concepts such as morality, nationalism, and human rights with disdain.Weakness: Asardin's arrogance can get the better of him at times. He views the human race as "insects" and as a result, often fails to realize or comprehend their inner resourcefulness. As well, he reacts negatively to anybody who disagrees with his supposed "divine" status, going into intense fits of rage when insulted. His repulsion abilities only work on one object at a time and can only be used to either repel the ground or objects within his line of sight.Bio: Asardin was born in Babylon during the reign of Nebuchadnezzar I. A member of the Awilu, Babylonia's upper class, he enjoyed a life of privilege, despite the fact that he was raised by a single mother, his father having disappeared shortly after he was born. Then, one day, Asardin was walking through the streets when a bull being sold at the market broke free and began to go on a rampage. Asardin was right in the bull's line of "fire" and would have been done for if heis powers hadn't activated right then and there; he involuntarily activated his repulsion powers to keep the bull from running him through. This piqued the interest of the royal court, who subjected him to various tests of his abilities, Asardin passing them all. The only explanation that the wise men and the court magicians could offer was that Asardin had divine blood flowing through his veins. Asardin was instantly hailed as some sort of god and his social standing skyrocketed. Being educated in the traditions of the Chaldean mystics, Asardin became one of the Royal Court's greatest sages. Living through each of the dynasties of Babylon, he became highly respected as he commanded power and wisdom no other of the mystics in the court possessed. Then, Babylon was conquered by the Persians. Asardin, trying to avoid unnecessary attention, posed as a commoner, and for the next centuries of his life, he lived a lowly life, being reduced to a roadside merchant. However, he rose up the social ladder once more during the reign of the Roman Empire, becoming an orator. Then the Empire was divided, Rome was sacked, and the Muslims conquered Persia. Asardin lived a relatively normal life until the sack of Baghdad in 1257, being one of the few survivors. Then he survived the Black Death, a second Mongol Invasion, and the period of civil war that was the rule of the Ottoman Empire. During this time, he began making frequent visits to Europe, slowly learning the ways of the Europeans. Eventually, sometime after World War II, Asardin grew sick of the now war-torn region of Iraq and moved to the Americas. Despite facing heavy racism, he managed to carve out a life for himself in the New World. It was during this time that his nihilistic personality began to form, and while he had always been a tad arrogant, he now believed himself to be far superior to the "insects" that populated the Earth. Secretly allying himself with the Brotherhood of Mutants, he began to plot his dominance over humanity, feeling the urge to exercise his misinformed status as a god. Starting to build a fortress similar to the Etemenanki, he now plans the return of the Annunaki, determined to show the "dust of Kingu" who they would be worshiping.

Where should his fortress be? I'm thinking either in Iraq or in the Savage Land, but do you have any other suggestions? Is he even allowed his own temple?

OOCI personally suggest a scandium-aluminum alloy sword myself, or iridium forged steel.

IC [Devlen/New York]

Devlen was not a man to come unprepared.

A short flight on private jet to New York state brought him and Saphine to the awaiting company of Colonel Ulrich Sovey. Former colonel, anyways. The once-Grenadier looked at the two with a mild look, little warmth but no malice either. He silently opened the door to the vehicle waiting; a miniature limo, not looking all that much out of the ordinary. In reality, it was very much out of the ordinary. Its engine was that of a scaled down military design, used primarily in their all-terrain APCs. Several inch-thick plates of chobham coated a steel carbide frame, the windows half-inch transparent aluminum interwoven with carbon fiber bullet nets. In the case of emergencies, iridium-steel curtains were in place to be pulled down, while its wheels were solid rubber.

In a marvel of engineering, it got fifteen miles to the gallon.

Devlen pulled himself into the tank-like limo, looking at the colonel sitting opposite of him. "A pleasure meeting you again, Mr. Sovey."

"The pleasure is all mine sir." The man pulled out a brief case. "There's something to the air, tonight. The President has too much security, even for an event like this. The military is even being called in. I must question your wisdom in attending this speech."

"I'm old enough to know what I'm getting into." Devlen pulled a briefcase from under the seat, popping it open to reveal two sets of jewerly. He pulled one set out, a necklace, ring, and earrings, handing them to Saphine. They were all metallic, minus the earrings, which were a dazzling display of diamonds and silver. "I trust you won't need these if things truly go south my friend, but should things be bad enough that your true self shouldn't be revealed, it will come in handy. The necklace is something special a man from DARPA gave me; pull the center piece out and it becomes a makeshift gas filter. Far from military grade, but enough that we can make are way out quickly in the event it is needed. The ring is coated with a simple neurotoxin; instant paralysis for an hour. The earrings are just for the show."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Well, for some odd reason we have to keep posting these here first...I bring to you all, something amazing, something never seen before:

An almost completely normal human being.

Also, I'm removing Amichai so that I can drop this guy in.

Name: Grigori ZhdanovCodename: TrotskyAge: 57Gender: MaleFaction: HumanityPower(S): N/AAppearance: Average height, maybe 5'7'' at best, with greying hair, closely-trimmed mustache and beard, and enough paunch to make him look more like a politician than a warrior.Weapons: Generally nothing more than a small pistol holstered at his waist, though he also keeps an ice axe on the other side of his belt.Skills: Grigori's specialities lie in three fields: politics, planning and commanding military engagement, and, surprisingly, his skills as a medic.Personality: Grigori has a rather calm, easy-going personality, though he is implacable when it comes to bringing any plan he has to fruition. As well, he likes to eat intimate dinners for four. Without the other three people.Weakness: He's nothing but a plain-old human, with no powers whatsoever, and little combat ability in regards to his own fighting somebody else.Bio: Grigori has, for the most part, led a relatively uneventful life, or so it is thought. He's an average man, with average appearance, and average ability in most everything, on the outside. For one who knows the true past, it would be shown that he has a great amount of experience in the realm of the military, politics, and as a field medic. He learned the first two skills in his work in the Bureacracy of the Soviet Union, at such time that it was still a world power...until he was chased out due to his having similar views to a certain Leon Davidovich Trotsky...something that none of those in charge at the time would condone.

After his deportation, and his exile to the Americas, he learned of his idol's death - and soon afterwards adopted the weapon that killed his idol as the one he would use to administer his revenge against those who caused harm to that man - and it was after extensive research that he learned that one of the men who helped to kill Trotsky was, in fact, a mutant.

This soon led to his great research into the doings of mutants past and present, and over all of this, he came to one conclusion: they were too much of a danger to humanity to be allowed free reign. It seemed to him that the majority of mutants used their abilities, if they had any, for evil, and those that didn't were sorely outmatched by those who did. As such, he decided it was best that they be controlled, held on a short leash, not allowed to run free as they did.

After that, he emigrated to the one place in the world where Mutants were rather common, the U.S.A., specifically the area near New York - such that he could learn more of his 'enemy,' and be able to get close enough to those in authority that he could have his plans come to a fast fruition.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Trotsky +1. I removed the character you specified Otter.

If you’re referring to me with Felix; no please don’t call me that. Flex or Kenny works. What do you think about White Lighting’s weakness Advent? Any other profiles still need accepting?

Asardin already has a +1 from me just waiting for a second I believe.

Ares raised a dark brow at the girl who had bumped into him. He wasn’t really sure what he should be telling a random stranger, but he decided he didn’t really care.

“We’re a superhero team created by SHIELD. Like the X-Men but we’re not mutants and less controversial. We’re the Neo-Avengers actually, the originals were mostly killed.”

“Wait, you were frozen in a block of ice?”

“I’m not leaving you,” Nicole said. “I have powers remember? I’m coming with you.”

IC: Feral, Liliana, Triblade

“Sometimes I think he just likes to showoff,” Icitine said as she glanced back at the van which was still trailing them. It was clearly being driven by her fiancée; John.

“I always thing that,” Matt grinned. “So this mission officially blew, are we getting close to our pickup?” he said. He wanted to get out of her as fast as possible. Things had gone from bad to worse. Honestly Matt just wanted to sit and stare for a few hours in peace. Mull over everything that happened. He didn't want to think about the people they were leaving behind. Christine, Aleks, Shadow. Ashlynn. He didn't want to think about his cousin, not right now.

IC: Robin nodded gratefully. "Well, now is not the time for waiting." The dhampir walked in, gasping as he hit the cold air on the other side.There were rows of them, just standing there in the dark. Rows of the dead. The tiniest bit of fear came to the halfblood's mind, and they all turned to look at him, their hunger for his fear evident. "Uh, Nicole, now might be a good time to see if your powers affect me."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Profile updated. I increased his fire capacity because fire is much weaker than plasma.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6445&p=512965

Link for your convenience.

OOC:There's really only one section I take note of. Remind me, exactly, how a bit of fire could be propelled at bullet speed?

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Because within his field of control he can have the fire move or change shape, or even be suspended in a shape to the point of appearing almost solid.

So if he sends it flying out of his field of control with that speed, it will continue to do so unless stopped by an external force like the ones I described. Within his field he has total control in every way imaginable, heat, shape, movement, speed, levitation, anything. Outside the field any fires he creates will stay the way he made them until something influences their behavior.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: That is distinctly illogical. Within his field of control, they may change to whatever shape he chooses, but by the rules inherent in the profile, once they leave that field they are no longer under his control and he no longer influences them. They would by all rights revert to their own normal behavior, and at best spread out into a ball of fire. Fire doesn't want to be contained into a rigid shape, and once power is no longer exerted over it, it would return to its normal behavior.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: He sort of leaves an imprint of his own energy on it, and this only applies to fires he makes. If he were to manipulate fire from an external source within his field, then it would return to whatever shape it was in when it left his field.

But for a clearer example, let's say he takes two candles, one lit, one unlit, and lights the second one. Then he changes the flame so it stands upside down.

Then he sets them down and backs up so they're out of his range. The one he did not light reverts to normal. The one he did stays with an upside down flame...until a strong wind comes through, at which point both fires are now in their proper position.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: *Innocently notes that Wagner needs one more approval point*

IC (Saphine)

"How thoughtful." Even the ear rings had some practical applications if thrown in just the right way, at just the right place. Saphine held the ring up to the light, taking in all of it's features. "I certainly hope that security isn't too tight. Walking about with posion on my person when the president is about would certainly be a challenge to explain." She grinned for a moment, showing off her fangs. She turned to regard the former gernadier. "You come highly recommended Mr. Sovey. I trust everything has been taken care of?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.