IC: White Lightning

"Time for Jack to let it RIP!" The words echoed through his mind like a bell. He couldn't control himself much longer in the confines of the mansion any more. His persona can now be seen in his face. The persona of Jack the Ripper was coming out, and it would soon cause harm. Then he heard something coming from the basketball court. A fellow student was asking him to get the ball. He was pointing right at it, and he looked at it's position.

OCC: Forgot to color coat

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Tali tapped "Jack" on the back after kicking a robot across the room. "Sorry about the mess. Danger room is rebelling. You're new here, I assume."IC: Robin felt his courage rise, not as high as a human's would but not shabby either. The zombies turned away, the halfblood drawing his sword in one hand and his crossbow in the other. "I FEEL ALIVE."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: A second approval is still required. In the discussion topic, Krayzikk and I reached a point of compromise that should get said approval, provided you agree to it.

IC: There was a crash as a hole exploded into being in one of the halls of the mansion leading to the outside. From the clearing dust, Adrian stepped outside, bringing out as many students as he could. As students followed the exit, Adrian mulled over his method. "Mr. McCoy probably isn't going to appreciate that." he muttered to himself. As the flow of students ebbed, Adrian made his way back inside to begin holding off the threats keeping other students from getting through the makeshift exit.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Posting a profile for approval. Stefan Krieger, common street vigilante nicknamed Cerberus. Stefan Krieger (Cerberus)

Name: Stefan "Stef" KriegerCodename: CerberusAge: 21Gender: MaleFaction: NonePowers: Thanks to the accident which gave him his powers, Cerberus is able to tap into a unique pocket dimension, and imbue organic cells with particles of energy from this dimension.Once these cells are impregnated by the energy, their strength and durability are heightened considerably. After this process, the object will turn jet black. The durability and strength of non-living things infused with his energy is much greater than that of living beings.By soaking himself in this energy, Cerberus own strength, durability and reflexes are enhanced. His strength is peak human, while his durability is somewhat above a humans potential. His reflexes, however, are near superhuman. Appearance: Damian is a lean young man with wavy dark brown hair and olive toned skin. His eyes are a vibrant violet. He is ethnically mixed, coming from mixed Mongolian and German parentage, on his fathers side, and Brazilian heritage on his mothers side. Because of this, he appears ethnically ambiguous, and could pass for a number of ethnicities.When he goes on the warpath, Damian dons a sleeveless black leather hoodie, with similar leather bracers. Under his hoodie, he wears a light cotton shirt with short sleeves. He tends to imbue the area around his eyes and nose with his extradimensional energy, turning to a metallic black colour in roughly the shape of a domino mask. This is coupled with a handkerchief he ties around his mouth and nose. He always wears a silver crucifix. Weapons: Cerberus always carries a bamboo stick on a leather loop (for self-defense), and a pocket knife (for whittling). At times, he wields a cane made of bamboo instead. When hunting, he uses a wooden recurve bow, from his old archery days. He also has a pair of leather quivers, and bracers to carry darts. His arrows and darts tend to be made of wood and bone respectively, so that he can take advantage of his power.He carries a small can of black spray paint, in order to tag his victims, and a coil of thin hemp rope. Skills: Cerberus family used to be fairly well off, enough to afford martial arts training when he was younger (BJJ, eskrima, and Muay Thai filled out required extracurricular activities). He was also a member of the Scouts, and an avid member of the archery club, specializing in trick shooting.Following the economic crash, he took up less expensive pursuits, and spent much of his free time freerunning and making grafitti. Personality: Stefan is a left-wing vigilante. He enjoys classical literature and believes that justice must come in the form of swift punishment. The sight of his mother being consumed by a vampire stretched his mind, and he is a conspiracy theorist with severe trust issues. He does not trust institutions, and despises politicians and big business. Due to the tragedies in his life, Stefan hates many things supernatural, all common street thugs, and most of mutantkind. In his mind, his vigilante activities are the works of a hunter, not a hero. Weakness:While Stefan can imbue himself with near peak human strength, he is not a superman. With considerable effort (as well as the wonderful powers of leverage and bracing), he might be able to lift up a truck-sized object enough to free a person trapped underneath.Even if he would imbue his clothing and body with the extradimensional energy, the velocity of a bullet would still do considerable damage, and would be guaranteed to knock the wind out of him and cause great blunt-force trauma. While his enhanced durability can take most low-velocity blunt attacks without difficulty, his skin is still vulnerable to cutting attacks. A taser will knock him out, but he will recover from the jolt a little faster than a normal human. Biography: Stefans father was a rogue SHIELD agent who worked as a mercenary. His mother was a stock broker and business consultant. A fairly well to do family, Stefan lived a life of plenty with his older brother. During the recession, they lost much of their money.The family was hit by a series of unfortunate events. A vampire broke into their more modest home, and drained his mother dry. His father was killed in a crossfire between the X-Men and Brotherhood at a building where he was working security. His brother, on the other hand, lost his life in a tragic mugging.Insurance money has given Stefan some form of financial security. However, the price of this security has been staggering. The boy was alone at the age of 18.He took to a life filled with parkour and reckless risk-taking. One night, while free-running, he fell through a skylight, landing in a laboratory, and shattering a cabinet full of vials and beakers. The blend of chemicals and compounds endowed him with his special powers.Since receiving these gifts, Stefan has become an effective and brutal street vigilante, hunting criminals in his city, and targeting the corrupt.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Tali sighed. "Since I'm assuming you have powers, and we have a situation that mine aren't good at dealing with, I kinda need your help to get kids out. Think you can handle it?"IC: Robin shrugged. "You're the president's daughter. You gonna let these ancient dried up husks push you around?"IC: Natalie bit her lip a tiny bit. "Um, yeah. Depends on how long we're staying."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: After running round and round the cold steely walls of the Danger Mansion, Francesca finally managed to find the small group of combat-capable students who'd banded together with Beast.

"Doctor McCoy! Doctor McCoy! I think I might know how to fix this!"

IC: "Since Doc Handsome appears to be a little..." Alec mulled over a choice of words, "Incapacitated, I assume there's someone here who knows how to actually fly this plane."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: TNG, since you've agreed to the changes, Burnblade approved (2). You don't have to edit the new modifications into his profile, but I would prefer it if you did so.Madara: Stefan Approved (1)

IC:"Oh, we won't need to worry about scattering them. They're already spread out across the country, though admittedly it will take some time for them to regroup after Summers' unfortunate accident." Both participants knew that the event was anything but an accident, but it didn't do to say so in public. "If the bird makes another public appearance, they'll know.""As for the other locations... Where were you thinking we should check? The bird seems to favor that particular family, and I know of at least two suspected members of it remaining."

IC:"I don't think we have any other trained pilots, per se." Alex commented, glancing about. "With Ashlynn... Missing, Worthington gone, and Carlisle out of commission, no one else here has had the training.""That said, we have at least two technopaths on board. And a third semi-technopath. Between the lot of us we could probably get it moving, if not exactly gracefully."IC:

"I'll cover them." A teenage girl commented to Adrian, as he began to return toward the more active combat area. "At this point, they shouldn't be in too much danger."Without waiting for a response, Tera began to walk alongside the group of students in the process of evacuating themselves, heading outside. She kept an eye out for any attackers. None of them were out of the woods just yet.

IC:"Great." James muttered to himself, absently grabbing his gun from where it had fallen, and returning it to its holster. "Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be upstairs."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"No..." Alaric, said, forcing himself to stand up and running his hands through his hair groggily, as though he'd just been taken off a supply of Novocaine. "I can fly it. You guys just...settle in."

"Where are we going?" Alex asked, deferring to the senior X-Men for commands; he'd become quite the little soldier recently. Alaric took a beat to answer, and it was obvious why.

"Home. We're headed to Westchester."

IC:

"Come on, guys, cheer up!" the SHIELD senior agent said brightly. "Smile a bit! We're all here, as a team! Sun's shining, it's a beautiful day, so many good vibes around, and you're both blowing them..."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "It was with those two I intend to check with," Song confirmed, "Something about people with that bloodline seems to attract the bird. If it is loose it makes sense it would seek to roost with them."

IC: "You know, if you want a cushion or anything..." Alec suggested, "I'm just saying, Doc Handsome, you might want to get a quick lookover by some medical things when we get back."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Oh sure. Great vibes." The supersoldier replied, with evident sarcasm. That fact alone was enough to give both people present pause. James was always joking, and even if his jokes were at time sarcastic, they were always just that. Jokes. He was like his grandfather in that regard, when things were serious, all humor was cast aside. This was unheard of."The helicarrier was hacked. I spent over two hours believing my oldest remaining friend was dead, I've been recruited by that same friend who apparently sees nothing wrong with this, and I have every intent of decking Fury when I next see him.""It's a positively joyous day."IC:"Ah, Mrs. Pace-Carlisle?"Rebekah piped up after several minutes of silence. Her gaze was still fixed on the surface in front of her, rather than looking at anyone else in the room. "Is it alright if I stay the night?""I promise not to be a bother. I just don't know where any hotels are in the area, and seeking them out with, well, these," She gestured toward her eyes. "So soon after what happened in Vegas.... Might not be the best idea."IC:

"Well, I don't actually know where we're going, so I have no idea how far away it is." Alistair commented. His phone vibrated, and he absently checked it. A text from his dad, with a link to....

Phoenix Force? In Vegas? The force of nature had long been theorized to be involved in several of the older myths of the world, as its presence matched several old descriptions. But either way, it was a force to be reckoned with. And if it was loose in the world again....."Ashley? Was there a Summers on the team when you left?"IC:

"Indeed. Unfortunately, they might be a bit difficult to find. One hasn't been seen since the DC incident in public since the DC incident, and the other is particularly effective at going unnoticed. They only know of him due to an incident out West a while back. And even with that, they haven't confirmed it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You need a hug."

Brando crossed the space between himself and James and picked him up in a hug by the waist, squeezing his friend tightly. The marksman's face wasn't viewable from either James' or Natalie's angle, but no doubt it was grinning madly.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I technically got a SHIELD life insurance payout from all this. Wanna see how I blew it?"

IC:

"Yes, you can stay!" Jenna and Brooklyn cried in unison before looking at each other, then looking at Rebekah. Jenna cleared her throat with a small blush and nodded.

"Yes, of course, Rebekah. There's always room for family here."

IC:

"Yeah, that'd be swell...thanks, kid."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Excuse me sir," Alistair gestured at Dante, but didn't change his gaze. "Please don't go anywhere, I need to talk to you in a moment.""Ashley, have you heard of the Phoenix Force?"IC:James patted his friend on the back, face softening slightly. It was distinctly clear that his annoyance wasn't directed at anyone in particular, well, maybe at Fury, but more resulting from the mood whiplash that had occurred after over only two hours."What? You might as well have gotten something good out of the deal."IC:The last word spoken, though she attempted to hide it, sent confusion flitting across Rebekah's face. She had a hard enough time understanding why those who had known her for relatively long spans of time were so fond of her, let alone why someone she hadn't even met before today would be.".... Thank you... I hope I'm not imposing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dante

"Says he needs to talk to me, and then subsequently ignores me." Dante just shook his head, people can be such a pain, and what's this about the Phoenix Force, don't tell me it's back. We all know how much it sucked the last time it popped up, freaking killed all the heroes.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "There is a certain group who will probably know there whereabouts of both," Song suggested, "They tend to set certain...examples." She specifically emphasised the X. Hopefully enough so Marcus knew who she was talking about but not so much that anyone passing by might start trying to listen in, "If anyone has a database of the other Summers, it would be them. We could find the two we were looking for and see if there are any more unknown to us."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Marcus' eyes narrowed. He had a good idea of who she was referring to, after all there were only two groups that had the letter "x" prominently in their name, but having to talk around the issue was annoying. A moment's concentration, and a false conversation began to be heard by anyone within earshot. It continued along the same lines as the one already occurring, but talked more directly about a literal avian infestation."We can speak freely now."IC:"The Phoenix was loosed, however briefly, in Las Vegas."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ashley

Ashley's heart skipped a beat, her face paled for the briefest moment. Ashlynn...

Ashley quickly recovered though, going back to having her usual aura of perky cheerfulness, or at least that's how she wanted to look on the outside. "Well, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about...I mean Ashlynn wouldn't hurt anyone...she's a healer."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"That would require gaining access." Marcus mused, staring off into space thoughtfully. "And we would require rather direct access, which mostly rules out the potential of using a pawn to do so.""Well, before we do go any further with planning," His eyes abruptly focused on Song, showing a fire that betrayed his supposed old age. "In the interests of mutual survival, it would be best if we agreed not to cross one another. It could potentially prove disastrous for us both."IC:"Hard to say. The video footage was brief, and from a distance, but from what I can tell two people were caught in the crossfire. The event was set off by a member of the X-Men being shot, and the Phoenix was unleashed. An attempt to kill the one responsible was blocked by another member of the X-Men, a teleporter.""He didn't make it." A tap of his finger caused the video to play again, and he held it out so both Ashley and Dante could see it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

NPC:

The longer President Robert Binder's limousine trailed lethargically through New York City, the more he could hear the rushing of air as his approval rating plummeted to the ground.

Everywhere he looked, his politician's mind saw lost voters, not for himself, but for his successor, who was guaranteed to lose entire quadrants of the populace in the next general election to the Democrats after the last several months of his policies. At the start of his second term, when public support was riding high after Nicole's kidnapping, he'd hit 62% approval. According to this morning's polls, he was somewhere hovering between the 20s and 30s. His politician's mind cried out at this in anguish; as a father, he shrugged it off. Speaking of which...

"Have you gotten in touch with my daughter?" he asked one of the Secret Service agents, a muscled, humorless looking man who'd been with him since his days as a budding junior Senator. The agent, whose name was Lynch (he knew a lot of agents named Lynch...) shook his head simply, and the President nodded to himself resolutely. Later. He'd talk to Nicole later; their relationship hadn't been the best since she'd gone to the X-Men, after Dallas. Come to think of it, it would have been good to have Dallas here as a representative. The public loved him, despite his mutant heritage, for the way he'd struck out against the X-Men, made it clear that he was his own person, not some one-man public relations ploy for sympathy.

But there was no time for regrets. President Binder had been doing this since long before Dallas Green had been born, and he would be doing it for a long time to come. He could hold his own, even without someone else there to assuage the public. Briefly, as he scanned the streets, lined on both sides with both protesters and supporters, he wondered if this was how Kennedy had felt, then smirked to himself at the irony as they stopped in front of the convention hall.

"Showtime, boys," the President said simply with a small smile as Lynch opened the door. Binder's strides were calm, assured, carefully deduced as he entered the hall. Security was on him like a wet blanket, which was to be expected, but was an irritation nonetheless. The President supposed, though, that the extra security here, of all places, plus the NYPD helping out, would be enough to keep the public under control, and enough to make sure everything ran without a hitch.

That, too, was how Kennedy had felt. Look how it worked for him.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC [Devlen/New York, Convention Hall]

"It'd appear the focus of attention has arrived." Devlen turned towards the door, people flocking to see the leader of the free world. He didn't bother responding to the SHIELD agent; the arrival gave him a convenient excuse not to. "Maybe I'll be able to get in a word or two."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Marauder

Marauder then fired his shot at the guard facing him, knocking him out. Then he moved to find the other guard, sights set. He peeked around the corner of the building and saw him coming towards him. When the guard came next to him, he grabbed him in a choke hold. After a few seconds, he threw him on the ground, incapacitated.

The simulation ended and he looked at his time. 00.20.81.530, was his time. He made excellent progress in speeding up his time, while still maintaining his stealth.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Ashley

Ashley had covered her mouth with both her hands as she saw Jeremy go down. Even with the poor quality of the video, the blue form had been unmistakable.

Ashley just stood there, shaking terribly, had Ashlynn really killed one of her fellow X-men? One of her friends? Ashley leaned on the nearby fence for support, afraid she'd lose her balance. "No..."

Her voice merely croaked, barely a whisper. Jeremy was dead...and what of the others? Were they okay? Were they hurt? Did they make it out of there okay?

Why did they have to go there at all?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dante

It was a nightmare, the same problem was happening all over again. Years ago the Phoenix Force had killed nearly all of Dante's idols, and forever sullied the name of all Mutant kind. Now it was happening again, the Phoenix had reawakened and just killed another X-Men. To be honest Dante had no clue how to respond, it was all just so unreal.

This sucks, this really sucks.

"So," Dante looked at Alistair, "What now?" I could really use a nap right now.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"Ashley, I--"

Dallas barged into the house unannounced, bumping past Dante as he instantly caught a wave of Ashley's shellshock with his powers over empathy. The chronokinetic hugged his travel partner tightly, breathing heavily from his run across Alameda.

"I heard about Ashlynn," he explained quietly into her ear as he stroked her back in the hug, his voice trembling slightly himself. "It's gonna be okay, alright? I'm working on getting back in touch with John and Alex, and things are gonna be alright. I promise you that, okay?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Agreed. The Phoenix is too great a threat. We can't risk letting the thing slip through our fingers because they're too busy clutching the hilt of a knife, readying to stick it in the others back."

She thought for a moment, "I would not rule out the use of a pawn. Someone suitably high up in their little cult could get us the access we need."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Alistair, who had been moving to make sure Ashley was alright, was cut off by Dallas. He wasn't all that surprised, nor was he annoyed by the sudden arrival. The empath knew her better than he did, he would be better at handling her current shocked state.His voice, previously calm, was now tinged with worry and concern. His accent grew more pronounced, a subtle sign that the event had shaken him more than he cared to admit.

"Now? Now we batten down, and prepare for the worst. The Enforcers are going to move in at full force to try and contain the situation. If they're smart, they'll have already gotten out of there. If they haven't, then there's nothing to be done."The British teen sighed heavily, crossing his arms. "..... This is very, very bad."

IC:"It would need to be very subtly done. Anyone high up enough to have access to what we need would be very well known, and anything out of behavior would be noted.""Between the two of us, however.... We might be able to do it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

NPC: The longer President Robert Binder's limousine trailed lethargically through New York City, the more he could hear the rushing of air as his approval rating plummeted to the ground. Everywhere he looked, his politician's mind saw lost voters, not for himself, but for his successor, who was guaranteed to lose entire quadrants of the populace in the next general election to the Democrats after the last several months of his policies. At the start of his second term, when public support was riding high after Nicole's kidnapping, he'd hit 62% approval. According to this morning's polls, he was somewhere hovering between the 20s and 30s. His politician's mind cried out at this in anguish; as a father, he shrugged it off. Speaking of which... "Have you gotten in touch with my daughter?" he asked one of the Secret Service agents, a muscled, humorless looking man who'd been with him since his days as a budding junior Senator. The agent, whose name was Lynch (he knew a lot of agents named Lynch...) shook his head simply, and the President nodded to himself resolutely. Later. He'd talk to Nicole later; their relationship hadn't been the best since she'd gone to the X-Men, after Dallas. Come to think of it, it would have been good to have Dallas here as a representative. The public loved him, despite his mutant heritage, for the way he'd struck out against the X-Men, made it clear that he was his own person, not some one-man public relations ploy for sympathy. But there was no time for regrets. President Binder had been doing this since long before Dallas Green had been born, and he would be doing it for a long time to come. He could hold his own, even without someone else there to assuage the public. Briefly, as he scanned the streets, lined on both sides with both protesters and supporters, he wondered if this was how Kennedy had felt, then smirked to himself at the irony as they stopped in front of the convention hall. "Showtime, boys," the President said simply with a small smile as Lynch opened the door. Binder's strides were calm, assured, carefully deduced as he entered the hall. Security was on him like a wet blanket, which was to be expected, but was an irritation nonetheless. The President supposed, though, that the extra security here, of all places, plus the NYPD helping out, would be enough to keep the public under control, and enough to make sure everything ran without a hitch. That, too, was how Kennedy had felt. Look how it worked for him. -Tyler

Ooc: I am terribly confused. Wasn't air force one landing at the airport?No worries. I'll retgone those posts. :) Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies