IC [Devlen/New York]

"My men know what to do when the time comes. So long as our mutual employer can provide what he has promised, the objectives will be completed." The man carefully avoided mentioning a plan. He had seen enough in his years to know when dealing with these sorts of things, a plan was simply there to give some basic organization, nothing more. "My only concern is air transport. The helicopters are ultimately the weak point in all of this. While I've seen the stealth features presented, all it takes is one lucky mutant and things go terribly, terribly wrong."

"I've been looking into that, and I think you'll like the results." Devlen glanced out the window. Already they were getting close. "Thankfully we have a few days still to properly prepare."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Saphine)

"Their compound has been attacked before. They were swamped by the sheer number of enemies. It would be reasonable to assume they are prepared for that sort of attack. I know you don't operate along those lines but nonetheless..." Saphine reached into her briefcase and withdrew a small folder. "This is the militaries file on the attack. I suspect you will find it useful." She handed the file over to Savoy before withdrawing another file folder. "Dossiers on the current members of the target organization. These are more detailed then certain private files." Senator Mclean was a resouceful man.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [NPC/New York]

"I appreciate the information." The man took the folder, silently resting it to his side. "Ultimately fear and intimidation will be our greatest asset. This is a school of children, trained to be warriors, but children all the same. The moment one dies, ten will route."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Pardon me if I'm interrupting, but if we currently have characters that can instantly replicate themselves with a mere thought, influence probability with their minds, or transform their own bodies into electricity, why is John's power so far-fetched? Kray's argument is that it's unrealistic, even though we already have plenty of characters around that don't exactly comply with the laws of physics. He is by no means overpowered, so why is his power so difficult to approve?

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC (Saphine)

"I would be mindful of that. Cornered prey fights all the harder. These children are all likely suffering various stages of PTSD and I suspect some will have developed a blood lust." Saphine had done some digging and though her probe into Weapon-X hadn't turned up much, she'd learned enough to sicken her. There was a difference between a clean kill and things like that. "Regardless, I doubt they will expect an attack so soon after the presidents visit."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC - New York - Brotherhood NPCs:

~ Convention Center ~

The convention hall was a beautiful building, centred in a historic district of the city. The low ceiling was covered in intricate woodwork. The silverware was set beautifully, and pieces of modern artwork adorned the walls of the main reception hall. It was an unusual dining setup. Most of the time, tables were scattered about like salt. This time, the tables were arranged in spiraling shape. An appropriate symbol of unity. While most presidential receptions were held in stately halls with large windows overlooking picturesque views. 

However, this was no ordinary reception. A night for the mutants meant that there would have to be extra security in place. The reception hall was windowless, located in the center of the building.

The hallways surrounding the dining hall had steel doors, lined with mahogany and were capable of being vacuum-sealed. Once the party started, no one would be coming in or out. If any terrorist, mutant or human, detected a poisonous gas attack, the doors would seal, protecting the diplomats and senators within. Armed Secret Service teams patrolled the hallways directly outside the dining room, while a special complement of twenty agents positioned themselves inside, lining the edges of the dining room.

"Only the best for the friends of the X-Men." Supremacy grinned at the sound of Terror's message. The gelatinous mutant was usually mute, a sad side-effect of having no discernible mouth. "It is all proceeding on schedule."

The night would open with a song sung by a children's choir from a local non-segregated orphanage. "I know for a fact that at least two thirds of the choir were orphans of a series of tragic in-flight accidents, courtesy of me." A selected child would then present a floral wreath to a certain key mutant lobbyer. According to the pamphlet, Professor Ramona Silvestra, dean of mutant studies at Harvard, and a minor mutant herself, would receive the wreath. "And unlike the Beast, her mutation is fairly minor. You've seen her in the papers. Bright pink markings on her face, aligning in wonderfully symmetric patterns that enhance her noble features. 65 years old, and doesn't look a day over 30. She's a powerful orator. Not on the speaking list." It was poetic. Victims of mutant attacks giving a mutant a peace wreath to an advocate for the X-Men, the very team that failed them.

After the choral performance, a Representative would introduce an elderly Senator who forefronted the early relationship with Charles Xavier. Then appetizers would be served. Followed by another introduction from another representative and yet another senator. The centerpiece of the evening would follow the main course. The President would step on-stage fresh from the airport and speak about his vision for mutants in America, before introducing Dr. Hank McCoy, legendary X-Man and head of Xavier’s school.

Now was a good time for mingling, and cocktails would flow freely for much of the night. Terror looked past the turbaned head of the Indian ambassador. It could see many familiar faces. Key friends of Beast’s den of traitors. Senators and representatives, from both sides of the party lines. Foreign diplomats, invited to see the American Dream alive and well. The First Lady, engaging in conversation with the socialite wives of key government bureaucrats. Just over two hundred souls, movers and shakers in the country.

Representative Sorensen, from Minnesota, stepped up to the microphone, introducing the orphan choir and signaling the start of the evening. The children began to sing.

There comes a time when we heed a certain

call

When the world must come together as one

There are people dying

And its time to lend a hand to life

The greatest gift of all

The borrowed smile Terror displayed was flawless, much like the other politicians and bureaucrats in the room. The lights dimmed and a single light appeared on a small stage, a flickering candle held by the leader of the choir. The other children clutched unlit candles in their hands.

We can’t go on pretending day by day

That someone, somehow will soon make a change

We are all part of God’s great big family

And the truth, you know

Love is all we need

The children sang crisply and clearly, as the candles were lit, one-by-one, illuminating earnest faces and bright eyes, skin tones ranging from brown to purple. Token mutants, parading for their human masters.

We are the world, we are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

Such lovely candles. Such angelic music. It would be a night to remember.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC [Devlen/New York]

"We'll have to speak of this in the future, I'm afraid." Devlen straightened the cuffs on his suit, the limo beginning to come to a halt. Devlen gave himself a quick glance over, pulling a bottle of pills from his pocket and popping one. Giving a brief cough he stepped out as the door opened for him, some minor amount of paparazzi present as he did so. Devlen Grimmson, foreign millionaire with a company worth billions. He was surprised more didn't flock to him; pleasantly surprised, of course. He disliked that sort of attention.

Offering his hand out to Saphine, he muttered softly in Icelandic, "And so it begins."

voidstars.png

IC (Saphine)

Saphine grabbed his hand and stepped out of the car. "Indeed it does." Saphine's eyes scanned the building, taking note of the man positioned on the roof, the armed marine presence at the entrances and the large amount of relatively new security cameras. Someone was paranoid. Once upon a time such a large armed presence in the center of an american city would have been unthinkable. Times had changed. In a world where a single man could bring down a building with nothing but bare hands and rage, armed guards were not just a precaution, but a requirement. That was something Saphine knew all too well...and it was part of the reason that she had a Midnight Security extraction team standing by. It was best to be prepared.

IC (Yuri)

Yuri and a small team of officers set about the recently constructed ops center, managing communications between different security teams, checking and rechecking the security system and sifting through the hourly reports each team sent in. So far things were going smoothly. Yuri knew that much, he looked down at the floor plan on the table before him. He'd made certain that only physical copies of this particular plan existed. It covered all of the new security precautions, the patrol routes of the guards and other aspects of his defensive protocols. Only two complete copies existed. He had one, the head of the Secret Service teams had another. Still, he was uneasy. Many groups might take such a large armed presence as a challenge. Mutants were an arrogant lot like that. With a sigh, he keyed a small communication device. "Thompson. You in position?"

"Affirmative sir. The ceremony has begun. Nothing yet." His tone was light and soft, it was unlikely anyone would hear him.

"Lets hope it stays that way. Yuri out." Thompson and his team had taken up position in one of the side rooms near the main hall. First sign of trouble they would rush in and, hopefully, neutralize the threat.

OOC: I'm still unsure about White Lightning, but I would like to see how he's played, so +1. If he gets out of hand, he'll be dealt with. +1 for Asardin and Wagner as well.

Now, Kray, not to undermine you or anything, but I think at this point, you're nitpicking unnecessarily hard. It's just control over fire. And in particular, control over fire he creates, which he then can no longer manipulate after it's left his field of control. He's already plenty limited himself, I don't think you need to impose anymore realistic limitations to his character. There are so many characters in this RPG who outstrip him in the realm of unrealistic, it's not even funny.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Pardon me if I'm interrupting, but if we currently have characters that can instantly replicate themselves with a mere thought, influence probability with their minds, or transform their own bodies into electricity, why is John's power so far-fetched? Kray's argument is that it's unrealistic, even though we already have plenty of characters around that don't exactly comply with the laws of physics. He is by no means overpowered, so why is his power so difficult to approve?

OOC: I'm still unsure about White Lightning, but I would like to see how he's played, so +1. If he gets out of hand, he'll be dealt with. +1 for Asardin and Wagner as well.

Now, Kray, not to undermine you or anything, but I think at this point, you're nitpicking unnecessarily hard. It's just control over fire. And in particular, control over fire he creates, which he then can no longer manipulate after it's left his field of control. He's already plenty limited himself, I don't think you need to impose anymore realistic limitations to his character. There are so many characters in this RPG who outstrip him in the realm of unrealistic, it's not even funny.

This is why I don't typically try to respond without the time for a full length one.I have two issues. The first is, admittedly, somewhat nitpicky, but it presents the potential for loophole abuse. Namely that the fire is inconsistent with its own psuedo-science. He changes his own fire within the field, and then even if it leaves, it remains as such until acted upon by an outside force. Which doesn't make any sense, because it's already outside his control. But again, that bit is more of a nitpick than something disqualifying approval.The second is the potential for abuse of bullet-speed flame projectiles, and the capacity he has to make them. He is explicitly stated to be able to create large amounts of fire, and coupling this with the bullet-speed projectiles, he can unleash entire barrages fairly easily. And unlike others with similar capabilities, he doesn't need to move to aim, he doesn't need to reload, he can't be depleted of ammo by any reasonable means, and he can't be disarmed. And due to the speed of them, any barrages he unleashes are very near impossible to dodge without a means of shielding one's self or increased speed. In short, he would have effectively limitless ammo (Because who is going to use a tower building full amount of fire bullets in one conflict?), his opponents would have no way to see him aim, he wouldn't be able to be disarmed, and he could unleash a veritable hail of them at will. I would prefer that the overall speed of the projectiles be lowered somewhat to compensate for the sheer volume of them possible, but I can see that I would be alone on this matter.Now, I can quite clearly see that I am being overruled on this, so I'll drop the subject. Unless this has had an extraordinary effect on my fellow staff member's perspective, my objections are more or less null and void. Anyone who wishes to can feel free to stamp the second approval necessary, but I personally will not.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Going to post my response to the second quite valid point in the discussion topic.

IC: Spencer groaned mentally. The closest payphone was nowhere in sight. That meant there wasn't much standing in the way of Venom terrorizing people but... Well. Spencer.

Spencer stared at his shaking hands with sincere regret. This was not going to end well.

-

A large rock catapulted at Venom's head accompanied by a shout of "Hey! That's public property, jack!" The man shouting it did not feel anywhere near as brave is his voice would have lead you to believe. Spencer crouched on the edge of a bench, hoping his rock toss would get Venom's attention. And also hoping deep down that it would not get his attention at all...

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC: Nicole

“Um… are those zombies…” Nicole said as the energy around her hand turned black. It was hard to concentrate on her powers when she felt fear herself. But she did as Robin asked, releasing a pheromone into the air that would make Robin feel incredibly brave. She prayed it would work.

As for herself she concentrated on getting angry. However she could, the only way to do these things zombies was if she was angry.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC:

Dear God, it was so black. Black and suffocating.

It was a bit like falling asleep, really, except with much more of a jolt and the fact that at least, when you were sleeping, you knew what was going on. When Warren (his own father!) had broken his neck, he'd been clueless. Still was clueless, except now what little bit of his conscience was stored inside the ring, slowly regenerating as life began creeping through his body again, knew the deal. Warren had killed him, and he was going after Ashlynn. And he was suffocating, by God, he was stuck in a storage locker and he couldn't get out--

The door popped open, and as his conscience moved to his brain, started trying to flick on the switches to bring the history teacher back to life, voices began to echo, as though spoken from the bottom of a swimming pool.

"...Well, that explains why he didn't wants us to open the locker."

Alex?

"Jeez, what happened to him? Is he wearing the ring...?"

Matt?

"You've got red on you."

Alec. Definitely Alec.

The switch was flipped; consciousness was regained, and a now fully alive Alaric sat up, gasping as though he'd just run a marathon and clinging to his chest, feeling his heartbeat. His ultramarine eyes were wide and betrayed, dilated in shock and anger and sudden, impenetrable darkness; when they opened again, they were fearful.

"Warren...where's...Warren?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Thank you

IC: White Lightning (Mansion Grounds)

Jack walks around the mansion, looking at the other mutants who are playing in the court or in the pool. His face looks almost expressionless, no shear emotion can be seen in his body. But one thing is going on through his mind, the horror of his past and how he came to be here with the X-Men.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC - New York - Brotherhood NPC Squad: Outside of the convention hall, a sizable group had gathered, waving anti-mutant signs and shouting angry slogans. There was a tense standoff with the security surrounding the perimeter. Shouts were exchanged, as protesters screamed angrily at the military.

Then, someone threw a rock. This was followed up by a smattering of debris. Light, not enough to really provoke the security. But then, a match struck the tinder."Down with the muties! And **** their friend in the Oval Office!" An angry hipster threw his metal water bottle at the soldiers. It sailed through the air, a camo-green green blur, before striking one of the soldiers on the helmet and skidding under an armoured vehicle. To all eyes present, it could easily have been mistaken for a grenade.

A limousine pulled up.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Matt"What the heII happened to you man?" Matt said as he stared at Alaric as he woke up inside the closet. They'd arrived at the Black Bird soon after Alex recieved the text. Matt still clutched the wrapped body of Jeremy in his arms. IC: Feral, Liliana John stood silently as he stared at Ric. "Seems like we're not the only ones who had a ****y day." "Who did this too you?" Liliana demanded.OOC: posting with phone

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Nathan

While everyone was asking Ric why he'd been inside a locker, and why Warren had told us NOT to open it, (Obviously meaning quite the opposite.) I had more or less guessed what was happening. There was really only one concussion my mind could come up with to explain this.

"He's going after Ashlynn isn't he?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Military)

Second Lieutenant Stevens was not a foolish woman. Had this been some third-rate banna republic and had she been the lackey of some would be tyrant, then things would have gotten bloody. Thankfully, she was an officer in one of the finest military bodies on the face of the planet. Trained to remain calm and rational in the most intense of combat situations. This was hardly a blip on her radar. She had seen the thrown projectile, seen it go under the armored vehicle. Even if it was an explosive the armor on the vehicle would blunt the blast if worst came to worst. She doubted it was, bottles and molotov cocktails were more common and if any sort of serious action was intended, well, they would have brought more then a single explosive.

She keyed the communication device built into her helmet. "Sir? Things are starting to get nasty out here. We've got protestors."

There was silence on the other end of the line for a moment. "They're out of the assigned zone. A clear violation of the law." Yuri sounded annoyed. Very annoyed. Stevens got the impression someone was going to get yelled at before the night was through. "Call in the locals. Have them dispersed."

Lovely. The NYPD was going to get a repeat peformance of the occupy movement. Ah well, better then leaving their positions over a few protestors. "Yes sir."

OOC:*Yes. Free Speech Zones are a thing.

Yeah. I know.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Alaric, still too winded from his sudden resurrection for anything more than one or two words back to back, nodded at Nathan and closed his eyes, massaging at his temples. Nothing happened, and then the teacher went through the exact same method, opening his eyes.

"She's not picking up on telepathy," he said, searching his pockets. "Warren took my phone. Someone call her."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: White Lightning (Mansion Grounds)

He paused for a minute, starring at the ground as he searched deep within himself who he really was. Was he a cold killer, or a teen working his way to become a hero?

IC: Marauder

He shot the guard in the boathouse. None of the surrounding two noticed, for he was too far in to even notice. He then creeped up behind a stack of boxes and observed the remaining guards. He saw one making his round, while the other was out of sight. He then aimed for the one within his view.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC [Devlen/NY, Convention Hall]

The man slipped easily through the crowds of important guests in the hall, having retrieved a glass of wine for him and Saphine. Upon making his way back to his old friend and the former colonel, he looked at his phone, frowning at what he was seeing. "Look at this," he said, handing the phone to Saphine. On it was a refreshing Twitter feed; protestors were spamming it at the moment. "This is far from the first time I've been in the company of mobs, but that's not helping my nerves any. Especially in the company of mutants."

voidstars.png

IC (Saphine)

Saphine regarded the twitter feed with an air of faint disgust. She'd watched this language grow and change in wonderful and fascinating ways and now.....well, best to leave that for later. "Shall I have a security detail flown in? I'm certain it can be arranged." This was to be expected honestly, New York had born the brunt of many Mutant-related conflicts, she was surprised that the crowd wasn't larger. One thing was becoming clear however, this was going to be a very interesting night. If she didn't miss her guess that crowd of protestors was going to be spending a few nights in the city jail.

IC: Howard Stark - Stark Tower -

"You did great..." Howard said as Noel entered, though he never looked away from the monitor has he typed furiously on the computer screen, Noel could see lots of images and information popping up on the monitor in rapid fire, nearly too fast for the average human eye to keep up with, though Howard didn't seem to be having any trouble. There was a very obvious pattern however, pictures and images of Hydra appeared often, along with everything to do with Nicholas Tesla.

"Do you think it's possible that Dr. Tesla actually had a son? Maybe a grandson by now...." He seemed to be speaking out loud to himself as opposed to Noel.

"Too much attention. Better to look the part of wealthy fool and be ignored than to draw an unfriendly gaze." He retrieved his phone, pushing the speed-dial on it. "All the same, I'd suggest being ready to make a quick exit."

voidstars.png

IC (Saphine)

Saphine sighed. Whatever else, she still had that extraction team on standby. Devlen would probably be less then pleased about it, but every rich fool needed a competent and overworked head of security, so it fit the role well enough. The media liked to look at the world as a story with characters in it. Not a world populated by real people. They wouldn't dig too deep if things went south and a band of heavily armed guards beat down the door to pull them out of the fire. She was certain of that much. "Very well then."

IC: With a sigh of content, Siegfried hauled another box into the flower shop. It was nice to be back to doing regular labor as opposed to fearing for the fate of the world for once. And seeing his mother relieved to know where he was for once only made the moment all the sweeter. Initially, Siegfried and his mother had been watching the beginnings of some address set to be made involving various government officials regarding the mutant "situation", but Siegfried and his mother soon both agreed that there was enough stress regarding the government and superpowered beings in their lives. It was nice to have some peace and quiet.

---

Asura repeatedly slapped his fist into his open hand as he watched the continued bombardment of Genosha's shields, kinetic energy slowly building in preparation for the fight that was undoubtedly going to occur. Or at least the escape if things went how Asura assumed they would. The Brotherhood didn't exactly have a history of success or victory to bolster Asura's faith...

IC:

"Mr. Grimmson, I presume."

Delven would turn to see Molotov standing close to the duo.

"My name is Bolas. I work with the... Containment Branch of SHIELD for Omega-Level Mutants," The SHIELD agent was dressed for the conference, exchanging his SHIELD uniform for a dark suit not too different to the ones several secret service agents were wearing. He even had shaved for the event. The Agent had been sent to the conference to keep an eye on the event. If anything went south, Molotov had five agents waiting not too far from the conference hall.

"I must say, your company has been a generous supporter of SHIELD's causes. I couldn't believe that I would have the fortune to meet you today."

IC: Natalie grinned, though it was tempered by a bit of fear. "Sounds... Bad. Like really bad. Like, we need to take him down faster than my dad got angry."

IC:"Well. That sounds joyous." James commented, eyebrow raised. "Any idea of his whereabouts? Or how we're suposed to find and take down someone who could hijack the Helicarrier?"

IC:

"Well, uh...that's why I drafted you guys," Brando said bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck with a tepid grin. "I hope you guys packed an overnight bag. We'll be in this safe house for a fair bit."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I'm afraid you must have my intentions mistaken agent." Devlen gave a small shrug. "My company is simply a military contractor; the Americans think of it, we build it. If the Americans should choose to be thinking about anti-mutant weaponry, or anti-alien, or anti-anything really, well, I'm all too happy to oblige for the money that'll line my pockets." And, when prudent, some military secrets to line my pockets as well.

OOC

Just for future notice in case someone tries it, it's safe to assume Devlen has basic mental shields in place at all times to prevent any cursory mental probing.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC – New York – Brotherhood NPCs:

The diplomat from Sharzhad, a debonair man with stylishly trimmed facial hair, studied the convention hall with a steady gaze. New York traffic had delayed his vehicle, unfortunately.

He put away his sunglasses, as his aide and their female companions stepped out of the limousine. The companions were olive-skinned and wore elegant dresses of traditionally modest design. He waved aside the arm of his companion, and proceeded into convention hall, passing through the outer ring of security, before being escorted down the twisting hallways of the convention center.The group trotted down the corridor, the ladies receiving an occasional leer from the soldiers on patrol. The diplomat ignored the slight, though his lip curled. How he despised the lecherous and greedy spirit which seemed to permeate this culture. His brown eyes were hard as he walked down the hallway with his countrypeople. It was without honour. There was no use complaining. One was forced to grow used to the price one had to pay for the hospitality of the nation with the biggest guns.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Saphine)

Saphine turned to regard the newcomer, her eyes flickering over his clothing and looking for any distinctive bulges that might indicate a weapon. She had no weapon of her own at the moment, a situation was would rectify as soon as it was prudent to do so. Her strength and fangs would do in a pinch, but a gun had one distinct advantage to it. She didn't have to get close to the enemy. After a moment, she decided the new comer wasn't much of a threat. She was fast enough to put herself between him and Devlen if he attempted to attack. Some would call her paranoid...and she was. It was her job.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Ashley

Ashley however, didn't pay any mind to Dante, she was looking straight ahead, and sorta sluggish at that. "Gawd it's gonna take forever to get back home." Ashley's feet didn't want to take another step, but she did so anyway.

IC:

"It's a good thing I am not American then," Molotov said, forcing a smile, "Nonetheless, from what I've seen Mr. Grimmson, you would not seem to be the kind to attend such an event..."

"However, events like these show why I'm here. Mutants that display a threat to the safety of the world must be contained. In fact, I'm proud to say that almost all of the former Mutants that were part of Weapon X have been contained in SHIELD's containment facility."

He quickly glanced at Saphine. Delven's companion didn't seem to pose a threat. Nor, did she seem armed. However, she might be a Mutant. As difficult as the probability for someone such as Delven would have a Mutant companion, it was not out of the question. Molotov most certainly was armed. His own Pyrokinesis would be handy if he needed to contain or kill any threats, but he also had a blowpipe with him. As well as a good selection of toxic darts stored in his pocket as a wallet.

IC (Saphine)

Saphine raised her wine glass to her lips and took a sip. Normally she avoided alcohol, spending a century drunk and stumbling about in self pity had been enough to break her of the habit. This wine however, was of an excellent vintage. She remembered the man who had brewed it in fact. Out of respect for his memory, she had decided she could indulge herself. Just a bit. Truth be told, she wasn't exactly in high spirits. She'd discarded her uniform for a black evening gown, formal wear being what it was, this was hardly optimal for combat. Showing up in full uniform would have raised some very important eyebrows however, so she couldn't risk it. The wine helped ease her annoyance.

Just a bit.

Edited by Basilisk

"Why, I couldn't very well miss something of this importance now could I? The President and Congress has invested in my company heavily; it's only due respect." Devlen took a sip of his wine. This sort of small talk was common at political events such as these; forced and borderline passive aggressive. It reminded him of the frigid streets of Reykjavik, just after sunset when everyone had gone to their homes or their bars. "But that is excellent news to hear; I'm glad that between Scandium Incorporated and Stark Industries, amongst whatever other contractors you officially and unofficially possess, that you've been able to contain such threats to society."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Indeed," Molotov said, nodding. He had no drink. He never was a fan of wine in the first place. Instead, his hands were behind his back, mostly to make sure that he wouldn't be tempted to use his powers at any point of the conference.

"However, some threats have developed a certain... Protection," The SHIELD agent said, displeasure obvious in his voice, "The X-Men are such a group. There are others... But they aren't as active."

"But the X-Men is a topic for another day. Preferably one where both SHIELD and the X-Men may sit down to have a formal trial over their actions."