How did you get your rarest collectable?

Klanadack

You know, I just realized that I didn't say how I got my rarest collectable, my misprint red Ruru. I got it from my friend, who didn't know what it was, in a large lot. I didn't know it was a misprint for about four months before I found out!

The red ruru came as a non-misprint on a clock set, so it's the most common than the other 9 euro misprints.

My rare collectables:

-Prototype Silver Great Huna (Traded my red/black proto strakk helm from brickfair for this)(Pride of my collection, but would trade this in a heartbeat for a glitter/purple gelu)

-Prototype Green/Light Gray Hordika Lower arm (From BFNE 2013, B6 didn't bring all the protos so I got a one :()

-Prototype Gelu Mask; The blue is on the face instead of the spikes. (BFVA, my friend picked it up and I traded for it since he doesn't moc)

-Prototype Tarix Helmet (Dark Blue with Pearl Gold marbled) (Bricks Cascade, moc mail-in, picked up at BFVA 2013)

-Prototype Tarix Helmet (Translucent Blue (I think it's the taxadox blue, but it doesn't glow) with Pearl Gold marbled) (BFVA 2013)

-3 Mata Green Nuva Chests (Mold tests I think)

-1 Mata Green Tahu Nuva Sword (Mold tests I think)

-5 Black Hordika Necks (Mold tests I think)

-5 VMKK (Xa, Yo, Za, Bo, Vu) (Just got these in an ebay lot, I'm so happy!) (gonna be selling/trading these soon.)

-Trans Yellow Kaukau and Trans Light Blue Kaukau (Bricklink, they weren't cheap.)

-Orange and Gold Vahi (Orange from bricklink, Gold from the supplemental pack when it came out)

-Copper Huna (American I think)

-Disk of time

-Ultimate Dume Mask (got the full set on ebay, kept the mask, and resold it without the mask on ebay)

-Glitter takanuva mask

Getting soon: (sometime in the next few months hopefully)

-4 Trans Light Green prototype mata hands (Trade)

-2 Trans Dark Green prototype mata hands (Same Trade)

-2 Trans Black prototype mata hands (Same Trade)

Might also be getting a trans medium blue phantoka brain. Trying to get a green w/ red print ta-metru disk in the same trade.

My main wants are mostly protos, there aren't many normal collectibles that I'd really want, or at least be able to pay for. Heck, I'd love to have a brown komau or a white huna, but I ain't paying that much for one XD Though I do very much want a copper komau, why do they have to be so uncommon? :c

My biggest want is a prototype Gelu helm (purple/sparkle or green/silver) That purple/sparkly thing is my most wanted piece ever, more than gold haus and platinum avohkiis! (jk, I'd just sell those and buy a gelu :3) I also really want a blue/white marbled Miru. Hopefully I can negotiate one at brickfair this week :D

Also wanna figure out how to make flintsmith recolors, partially for my mask painting, but mainly because I want a purple kaukau bad :D

Edited by Steve the Squid

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

I picked up a prototype Tarix helmet at Brickfair a few days ago. It's dark blue with the cheeks and a few other little bits marbled pearl gold. Not sure how many there are in total, but there were only two left in the fabled Bag of Prototypes before I took it.

Q2TtLEz.png

I picked up a prototype Tarix helmet at Brickfair a few days ago. It's dark blue with the cheeks and a few other little bits marbled pearl gold. Not sure how many there are in total, but there were only two left in the fabled Bag of Prototypes before I took it.

There's two kinds of dark blue/gold tarix helms, pictured here: http://bzpower.com/black6/prototype/Piece_38_f.jpg

That being said, I don't know how many there are, but there is a pic of most of the protos, in their respective quantities. That's after the first convention where they were given away, but I don't think any tarix's besides the pink one were taken at that point.

Edited by Steve the Squid

This was a couple of years ago. A store I frequented was closing down, so I went over to get my hands on some goodies. When I was scouring the shelves for something nice, I found two-That's right, two-Power Packs. Bought both of them, opened one and kept the other one in mint.

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.

I brought it up but apparently it was too late for anything to be done about it (piece had been given away elsewhere). I'm only joking really by mentioning it here, I don't want to sound entitled.

In terms of collectibles I actually own the rarest is probably my brown Matatu.

Edited by Kumata

The rarest collectible I have would probably be either my Orange Vahi or my TNGM. I got both via eBay.

I have a few others:

Gold Vahi and Disk of Time - Marked Vahki set

Shadow Kraata - Marked Rahkshi set

Infected Hau - eBay

Chrome Hau / Rua - eBay

Mask of Light-Edition Kraahkan - Takutanuva combo set

Not sure how rare it actually is, but I bought countless Krana/Kanohi packs looking for a gold Hau. Not a single one of them had it, so I eventually just got it from eBay.

Not sure how rare it actually is, but I bought countless Krana/Kanohi packs looking for a gold Hau. Not a single one of them had it, so I eventually just got it from eBay.

Gold hau shouldn't be rarer than any other I think.

In fact, there was a kanohi pack that came with two random gold/silver mata masks and 3 krana... you should've gotten those instead, you'd have a 1/6 chance of getting a gold hau for every one you got...

Gold hau shouldn't be rarer than any other I think.

In fact, there was a kanohi pack that came with two random gold/silver mata masks and 3 krana... you should've gotten those instead, you'd have a 1/6 chance of getting a gold hau for every one you got...

That is what I bought. I got every single gold and silver mask, except for a gold Hau.

I got my TNGM as an order bonus for buying stuff off of BZPowers SHOPMATANUI.COM.

I got my WMKK out of a Nuhvok many many moons ago at my local TRU.

But my favourite of all

My purple Kaukau was given to me from Janus. IT totally is awesome and amazing and counts.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I had a brown ruru buuuut I lost it. :P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 months later...

Well, Time for me to update my old post. I now own a Solid 14k Gold Hau, i recently made a deal with the guy and finally i have the mask i have been trying to get for about 10 Years!

1450742_622589041116027_1097713149_n.jpg

Thanks

MC

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I don't even remember what's in the bins of Bionicle I have. I know there's a chrome version of Tahu Mata's mask (whatever that one was called) and a ton of prototypes. I have a couple prototypes of non-Bionicle pieces too.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

What kind of prototypes do you have? Any masks?

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I got misc collectibles and some proto-type pieces, but the only one that really stands out is my trans yellow kaukau, which I got from a friend after he grew tired of buying lego products

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't have anything particularly rare. I'd love to have a chrome mask and the copper masks of victory. I'm hoping to collect some eventually.

I have a few orange and a few gold Vahi for some reason. I also have the disk of time. I have a few pearl gold and silver Mata masks, if those are rare. Lastly there's this solid white Rhotuka spinner with text on it and an arrow - I'm not sure what that's from. Maybe it's rare?

Unfortunately, I don't have anything particularly rare as I haven't ever been a serious collector. I'd love to have a chrome mask and the copper masks of victory (I'd be willing to buy/trade for them). I'm hoping to collect some eventually. Some day I will own a gold Hau, but that's far away. Likewise, I'll shoot for a set of White Metal Krana-Kal in the future, but I don't have the funds for that sort of thing now.

I have a few orange and a few gold Vahi for some reason. I also have the disk of time and the 2004 Kraakhan. I have a few pearl gold and silver Mata masks, if those are rare. Lastly there's this solid white Rhotuka spinner with text on it and an arrow - I'm not sure what that's from. Maybe it's rare? As far as I know, I don't have any prototype pieces (I've never been to any fairs and haven't taken part in any programs or competitions for them).

The Legend Lives...

I have a few orange and a few gold Vahi for some reason. I also have the disk of time. I have a few pearl gold and silver Mata masks, if those are rare. Lastly there's this solid white Rhotuka spinner with text on it and an arrow - I'm not sure what that's from. Maybe it's rare?

The Rhotuka is from Rahaga Kualus. It was only in that set, but the set was pretty cheap and widely available.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The Rhotuka is from Rahaga Kualus. It was only in that set, but the set was pretty cheap and widely available.

Alright, I wasn't sure if it was normal. That's too bad.

The Legend Lives...

Unfortunately, I don't have anything particularly rare. I'd love to have a chrome mask and the copper masks of victory. I'm hoping to collect some eventually.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything particularly rare as I haven't ever been a serious collector. I'd love to have a chrome mask and the copper masks of victory (I'd be willing to buy/trade for them). I'm hoping to collect some eventually. Some day I will own a gold Hau, but that's far away. Likewise, I'll shoot for a set of White Metal Krana-Kal in the future, but I don't have the funds for that sort of thing now.

I have a few orange and a few gold Vahi for some reason. I also have the disk of time and the 2004 Kraakhan. I have a few pearl gold and silver Mata masks, if those are rare. Lastly there's this solid white Rhotuka spinner with text on it and an arrow - I'm not sure what that's from. Maybe it's rare? As far as I know, I don't have any prototype pieces (I've never been to any fairs and haven't taken part in any programs or competitions for them).

You doubled up on your text there. Also, there's only one WMKK, the xa. You might be thinking of the VMKK, which have the set of 8. But that's gonna cost you about $800 for a full set, so get saving :P

You doubled up on your text there. Also, there's only one WMKK, the xa. You might be thinking of the VMKK, which have the set of 8. But that's gonna cost you about $800 for a full set, so get saving :P

I was actually unaware at the time I wrote that post of the Vacuum Metal Krana-Kal (I assumed that it was the same thing) and of the specifics.

Yeah, I'd like the VMKK in a full set, but there's no way I'm getting those any time soon.

The Legend Lives...

I'm accepting offers on my solid gold hau, feel free to message me or comment in my trade topic.

1450742_622589041116027_1097713149_n.jpg

Mc

Edited by Mask collector

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

• 2 weeks later...