Memes Take Over

zsdiogo

I don't see ponies only in CoT, but yes. BZPower tends to be better in containing the actual discussion of ponies to blogs and CoT than other forums.It's just that ponies seem to have exploded over the period of time when I've been on those other forums, which has thus engendered my dislike. Keep your stuff where it belongs.:w:

Everybody has fallen to the MLP curse!

Because I'm not a somebody.I don't follow memes unless they're Pokemon-related, and I don't think any of such have come around in my time.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OK... Ponies aren't manly, and neither is pink. If man watches show with pink ponies and then shoves it in the faces of people who don't care about said show, man will get laughed off the face of the earth. Man will lose his man-card, and the respect of his peers, in all likelihood.Also, I have a rocket launcher, so any counter arguments are invalid.

I want to know who it was who decided that pink equals feminine. If a guy wears a pink shirt does that make him feminine?Also, yes, some people do shove it down the throats of others but that doesn't mean they get laughed off "the face of the Earth" and turn into hermits just because they liked a show with pink ponies about friendship. Oh, and then he loses all his respect. Brilliant.Oh, and please do fire your supposed rocket launcher. Tell me how that denies my argument.disclaimer: I only skimmed this topic so I don't know if anyone else has responded to this astonishing piece of "logic", but if anyone has please forgive me.
Like I said before, try an experiment: Go wear a pink shirt every day for the next 2 months, especially near your male friends. See what happens.And the rocket launcher thing... That was a joke (a meme, in fact) to lighten up the post a little - apparently it didn't work.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Hey, I don't mean to spam, but am I the only one who gets a "Free SteamCard" pop-up whenever I click anything on this forum's page? Nowhere else on BZP, just here.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Like I said before, try an experiment: Go wear a pink shirt every day for the next 2 months, especially near your male friends. See what happens.

Well that all depends on what kinds of friends you've got. If they're in any way decent human beings, then they shouldn't care in the slightest. If they're anything like you, then I suppose it's time to get new friends.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Actually most dudes will think pink is a little girly. Having an opinion like that doesn't make them not decent.Actually, saying what opinion is right, kind of goes against the whole, "let everyone do their own thing" way of thinking.

I'm not talking about their opinions, I'm talking about how much they care.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Actually most dudes will think pink is a little girly. Having an opinion like that doesn't make them not decent.Actually, saying what opinion is right, kind of goes against the whole, "let everyone do their own thing" way of thinking.

I'm not talking about their opinions, I'm talking about how much they care.
Well, I doubt most would fully abandon a friend, just because he wore pink, but they will find it odd. Now if he started wearing dresses, that's a different story. :P

I think pink actually looks good on some blokes. And, as someone said before, up until World War II, blue was considered a feminine coulour, and pink was for boys (look at all the early Disney heroines- Alice, Belle, Cinderella, etc all wear blue).

Hey, I don't mean to spam, but am I the only one who gets a "Free SteamCard" pop-up whenever I click anything on this forum's page? Nowhere else on BZP, just here.

Same here. We should rename the topic "Steams Take Over".

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Actually, I think that way of thinking is very, very, dangerous for society. But that's for another topic (if it belongs on BZP at all).

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I shouldn't have to fend off jokes about plot and Cupcakes while planning a black operation as a CIA operative,

... :lookaround:Um...is there something about you we don't know about? :P

If you want forums to discuss ponies in, append them to that one pony blog I don't mention because it's against the rules. Let us talk about Bionicle. You go over there and talk about ponies.

But by the same logic you shouldn't talk about anything but Bionicle on BZPower here, such as that Starscape RPG you take part in. I agree that discussion of ponies should be kept as much as possible to the pony topic here on BZPower, but that seems to be happening anyway. Who exactly is interrupting your Tom Clancy/Battletech crossover fics with ponies? Are bronies really jumping into the middle of the story to talk about Pinkie Pie?No human being has one single interest in their lives. Inevitably, we're going to want to talk about other interests with the friends we make on sites like BZPower. It's fun when you realize the other common interests you share with the friends you make!

And to anyone who says you can't append forums to a blog...

Uh... who said that?

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I'm slightly extremely disturbed by the MLP presence. I don't hate it, but it does make me inexplicably sick that men watch this.

I agree expect that I am VERY VERY extremely disturbed and I hate it. It's a show made for girls. I could rant about this in more detail but I'd probably get banned so I'll leave it at that.
Well, this is a forum dedicated to a toyline that was marketed to children ages 6-12.... Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I'm slightly extremely disturbed by the MLP presence. I don't hate it, but it does make me inexplicably sick that men watch this.

I agree expect that I am VERY VERY extremely disturbed and I hate it. It's a show made for girls. I could rant about this in more detail but I'd probably get banned so I'll leave it at that.
Well, this is a forum dedicated to a toyline that was marketed to children ages 6-12....
And here's a meme for you, my good sir. :D

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

What way of thinking? That people should think what they want to think?

Maybe he means the way of thinking, were no one can disagree with stuff, because it's not politicly correct?
*shrug* It was rather badly phrased in the first place.
I think it was worded okay.

I shouldn't have to fend off jokes about plot and Cupcakes while planning a black operation as a CIA operative,

... :lookaround:Um...is there something about you we don't know about? :P
I play a CIA operative in an RPG on another forum.

If you want forums to discuss ponies in, append them to that one pony blog I don't mention because it's against the rules. Let us talk about Bionicle. You go over there and talk about ponies.

But by the same logic you shouldn't talk about anything but Bionicle on BZPower here, such as that Starscape RPG you take part in. I agree that discussion of ponies should be kept as much as possible to the pony topic here on BZPower, but that seems to be happening anyway. Who exactly is interrupting your Tom Clancy/Battletech crossover fics with ponies? Are bronies really jumping into the middle of the story to talk about Pinkie Pie?No human being has one single interest in their lives. Inevitably, we're going to want to talk about other interests with the friends we make on sites like BZPower. It's fun when you realize the other common interests you share with the friends you make!
As I said before, we have CoT for things like that, yes. That being said, I have seen people talking about ponies elsewhere, just in the corners of other conversations they're having. I want to be able to go to a few places on the web without seeing PONIESPONIESPONIESPONIES. All things in moderation, please.About the Clancy/BT crossover, I'm referring to certain other sites whose bronies seem to be hurting their cause simply because they can't keep their ponies to themselves sometimes. Most of the members, even the ones who are normally accepting of men liking things commonly seen as feminine, have really started to rage against the pony phenomenon because its members won't shut up about how awesome ponies are. It's reached the point where I don't care about the show anymore--it's the fandom I have a problem with.

And to anyone who says you can't append forums to a blog...

Uh... who said that?
No one. I was just being pre-emptive. :w:

Personally I don't care :P Meme's are very internet-based humor, something that is not really applicable to the real world....

Edited by Lewa Olda
.: Bionicle: The Legend Reborn Fan Trailer : Kongu Two-Face : I can't think of what to put here :.
-=|bannerzn.png|=-
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, that can be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn. ~ Michael Caine, the Dark Knight

Also, I think MLP has become a popular meme because, it's a clean one. One that take place on any forum.

Sadly no meme on the internet is "clean." I won't say anything further for fear of rule breaking, but that is the sad truth.
... This one is clean "up front." But there is perversions of everything on the interwebs, MLP is no exception.

Well, I seem to have accidentally started a new meme about Takuma Nuva being an evil blog master who bakes people into cakes...

Yes you have, and we all thank you for it. :)

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Maybe he means the way of thinking, were no one can disagree with stuff, because it's not politicly correct?
I meant doing whatever the Muaka you want because "you feel like it" can be very dangerous; that way of thinking is exactly why we have hippies and other factions I'm not going to mention here. Edited by UltraHau

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I meant doing whatever the Muaka you want can be very dangerous; that way of thinking is exactly why we have hippies and other factions I'm not going to mention here.
Hippies?You amuse me, person who was born in the 1930's. =D Edited by Emkay

G A Y   A S   H E C K

they hide behind the fourth wall, waiting for you to break them out.i want to create a meme, and will do it in a few days. just need to take some pictures first...

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I didn't even know we still had hippies.

Sure, like those people who say red ink can't be used to mark incorrect test answers because "it'll make kids feel bad". Or the ones who demand things like not updating the scoreboard in a blowout because "the losing kids will get embarrassed". It sickens me.

i want to create a meme, and will do it in a few days. just need to take some pictures first...

Do one involving pound cake. Please. Edited by UltraHau

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

><One can't purposely create a meme. They just spur out of nothing at random like protons or something.

You have obviously never heard of Duke Nukem or Deadpool. Or even M. Bison, for that matter.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

><One can't purposely create a meme. They just spur out of nothing at random like protons or something.

You have obviously never heard of Duke Nukem or Deadpool. Or even M. Bison, for that matter.
I've never heard of any of those things.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

You obviously don't know how memes work.You can't just make something and spread it everywhere and say it's a meme. It just happens. A successful meme occurs when someone uploads a video, makes a picture, or whatever and probably shows it to some friends or something or perhaps it stays dormant without any notice for months, even years. Suddenly, the planets align just right and it spreads EVEYWHERE. Nobody knows how it got so popular, but it did. It gets copied, edited, and distributed to every corner of the internet and the person who originally created the media that became the meme is usually forgotten.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

You obviously don't know how memes work.You can't just make something and spread it everywhere and say it's a meme. It just happens. A successful meme occurs when someone uploads a video, makes a picture, or whatever and probably shows it to some friends or something or perhaps it stays dormant without any notice for months, even years. Suddenly, the planets align just right and it spreads EVEYWHERE. Nobody knows how it got so popular, but it did. It gets copied, edited, and distributed to every corner of the internet and the person who originally created the media that became the meme is usually forgotten.
This is true (partially - at what stage can a meme be called a meme?), but I don't see what that had to do with what I had previously stated.

I've never heard of any of those things.
Wow. Just... wow. I would think you've at least heard of Deadpool.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

This is true (partially - at what stage can a meme be called a meme?), but I don't see what that had to do with what I had previously stated.
It has to do what what you were saying because I just described why one cannot willingly create a meme.

G A Y   A S   H E C K