BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Now, if a house full consists entirely of people with questionable mental status, how does one differentiate the divide between 'sane' and 'insane' ...?

But thank you, I'll be sure to attempt to contribute a bit more than just a one-off sarcastic comment now and then. I hope I'm in for a ride.

Now, if a house full consists entirely of people with questionable mental status, how does one differentiate the divide between 'sane' and 'insane' ...?

But thank you, I'll be sure to attempt to contribute a bit more than just a one-off sarcastic comment now and then. I hope I'm in for a ride.

This guy gets us. Welcome—please read the rules and the first post to this topic, and don't hesitate to send a PM to myself or one of the other staff if you need help finding a vital answer.

Just ask questions if you have doubts. Really, we don't bite. Hands, that is.

tumblr_luuasjbH2l1qguxfm.gif

When you say only Dasaka with influence may attend, does that mean strictly political leaders, or military leaders and other more subordinate Dasaka as well? Thinking of bringing my Dasaka main back into action.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Excellent. Most excellent. Time for my a Royal Spy to do her job, finally. Just need to pick up a costume and she's in business.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Welcome to the Jungle.

Linking intro posts is a thing around here right

I got the impression it was.

More crystal toa=always a good thing. Think of what would happen if you dropped one in Kentoku. :3

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif BsmAY.gif 32hOg.gif  XdRcW.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif zISV3.gif xIenl.gif W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Only people attuned to the Willhammer discipline can detect Willhammer usage, due to the nature of the power, though there are other external signs of the power being used, namely the weaknesses listed on the Dasaka Master Reference Post.

Lots of people would have been able to feel it happen, though few would have done anything. There's this whole diffusion of responsibility phenomenon when something happens in front of a group of people, which serves as an IC explanation for why why only a honour-dedicated Menti and the dutiful Hogo mooks guards responded.

A few things:

How would Xania have seen what was going on between Relisai and Mako? Xania was with Ayiwah and Kulrik, who were in one of the adjoining wings of Dragon Hall, while the Relisai and Mako were in a corner of main room? There would have been a whole party between them.

And theres no indication the Janu bird made any sound, which even if it did, I doubt would be louder than the din of all the guests and music.

In the first Kuno post, Kuno assassinates someone with Royal Willhammers in the room. If a Willhammer can sense another Willhammer at work, without specifically looking, wouldn't Kuno have been found out?

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

And theres no indication the Janu bird made any sound, which even if it did, I doubt would be louder than the din of all the guests and music.

This, I can help with. Kama functions like an NPC, and has already been taken control of by other players (yourself included) without me making any hints towards the action Kama took in your posts. That part was perfectly serviceable.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I can't speak for the first question, but the last one: It wasn't stated that the Herupa assassin was guarded by Willhammers, it's just implied that Clan Hogo guards were watching over the cells where she was kept. If there were Willhammers present they clearly weren't looking for power usage, especially behind all the doors and walls, which is fair since they'd be there to prevent escapes and the wisest place for guards is actually at the exit of the dungeons and not where they could be affected by a Menti in the cells.

"He ( Kuno) spared a second glance at the Rora’s Willhammers, who looked at the slack-faced assassin wearily. Their mouths moved, no doubt trying to question the assassin verbally before resorting to mental entry. He had seconds."

"The Rora’s Willhammers, when they tried to enter their prisoner’s mind, found it to be a void. One of them felt for the assassin’s pulse; there was no heartbeat. Kuno’s liability was dead."

If the prisoner was in a guarded cell that could still be reached by Willhammers, I'd imagine the guards would specifically be on guard for Willhammers, if they were in fact able to sense them.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

It certainly has been a few months(Nearly a year, I think, the time is fuzzy.), but I think I'm ready to come back and begin RPing again.

I am (Blissfully?) aware of anything happening at the moment, so a helping hand in private to fill me in on the more important things would be nice. For those of you unaware who I am(or was), I am(or was) thebeggerpie.

WIP

Welcome back. Check my blog for the Mata-Nui Weekly to catch up to speed in a detailed sense, or the 2013 arc of the wiki. Also, expect a pm soon. :)

Right, I believe back in early 2013 somebody was running that. Was that you? Memory is fuzzy. I'll see about reading that. Thank you.

WIP

-snip-

If the prisoner was in a guarded cell that could still be reached by Willhammers, I'd imagine the guards would specifically be on guard for Willhammers, if they were in fact able to sense them.

I stand corrected—my memory failed me. That still leaves a few things within the realm of possibility: Kuno may have been so fast and decisive and the Willhammers may have been so distracted by the moment that he entered, did his work and left without being detected. Kuno is, indeed, among the most powerful 'Hammers in the empire, so I don't doubt he could have done it.

The more I try to figure out the Abettors, the less sense everything makes.

EDIT: Wait.

Two Abettors+Two Great Spirits+Makuta+Zataka=Six really, really powerful beings.

I doubt this is what the whole "there are six of us" thing really means, but hey, the more ideas we throw out there, the more likely for one of them to turn out right.

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Hmm... interesting thought. Somehow I don't think of the Abettors as being on par with actual deities, though. Although admittedly exceedingly great, they're very plainly(?) little more than mere mechanical guardians. No souls, no true sapience. They're not entities, I would venture to guess; just machines.

Personally, I'm beginning to strongly suspect that this whole 'Makuta's Vault' quest is one great big puzzle designed to be solved by two parties working in conjunction. There's a 'puzzle station' at each of the two islands; each puzzle station is watched over by an Abettor; each puzzle station requires a 'key' of some sort.

Perhaps... this is just a semi-educated tentative guess, but perhaps the Abettors are guarding each other's keys? By this reasoning, the Mata Nui Abettor's crystal tunnel doesn't lead to the Vault, as has been assumed, but to the resting place of the key that is required to crack the Kentoku puzzle station, and vice versa.

Taking a closer look at the Kentoku puzzle station's riddle, it would appear that the Abettor on Kentoku must be dealt with first (made to 'live', or whatever that line said; maybe (wild guess) we need a Toa of Iron?), which in turn will allow the Abettor on Mata Nui to 'yield'. The two keys must then be transported to their appropriate puzzle stations, and used to unseal the doors, which may or may not actually lead to the same exact Vault. A 'subspace pocket' area, or something like that, with an entrance on each island, and both entrances must be opened, possibly simultaneously, in order to finally gain access.

What say, folks? Think I'm on to something, or am I wasting my typing fingers?

As far as them not being on par with deities, that's why I said I doubt I was right. But, the more ideas we bring to the table, the more those ideas can be played with and modified and melded with other ideas, and, if we're lucky, one of them will be the right one.

As far as the Vault and "keys" and such: if you've ever seen that magic trick where you have to try and pull the two entwined rings apart, I'm starting to think of it as sorta like that.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~