BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

What's the current state of the Po-Koro Guard(Or are they still called the Sentinels?)?

I have two characters, from months ago, that are in it, but I am against posting as them in case I accidental contridict information already agreed-upon by other players.

WIP

They're still called the Sentinels (Which is still awful; #pokoroguard4life), and there hasn't been a heck of a lot. You missed a quest starting, a change in power (Hewkii is played by Kughii for now), and that's about it.

Check the MNW for specifics of the region.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

They're still called the Sentinels (Which is still awful; #pokoroguard4life), and there hasn't been a heck of a lot. You missed a quest starting, a change in power (Hewkii is played by Kughii for now), and that's about it.

Check the MNW for specifics of the region.

I agree, I like the Guard better, but alas, whatever. Thank you for the heads up on the power change.

Just look up sentinels on the wiki. Should give a good amount of info. I'll send you a pm with additional details soon. :)

Some info. Thank you.

WIP

Well if I recall correctly, Lloyd said something about Po-koro being hidden in the desert due to a lack of roads and that was really stupid so I'm wondering if there are roads now?

If there aren't, then we're building roads. Pronto.

All the sources I've found say that there are no roads to and from the Koro (They were done away with because Akiri Hewkii wanted the Koro to become nearly impossible to find within the Motara for any outsiders). The only notable 'path' connecting it to the rest of MN is the Iron Mahi.

Edited by EternalShadow

I'm against retconning the lack of roads. I didn't like the idea in the first place, granted, but what's done is done and I'd rather preserve continuity.

If Kughii or Lloyd wants to bring the roads back IC, though, that's another matter.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Back in my day(Read: a few months ago.), Po-Koro had no roads.

If all the villages aren't at each other's throats anymore(Which I'm actually upset I missed out on.), you would think the Po-Koro Engineering Corp(Or whatever you want to call the people that fix that crud.) would have made at least one road out of the Wahi.

Of course, I'm trying to get back into the flow of things, so my opinion means little ATM.

WIP

Okay, here's what I've come up with after reading what I had Lloyd write up for me as a sort of "go-to" list for running Po-Koro (since I'm only a temp and want it to seem congruous with his playing style), and everyone's opinions on the matter...

There are currently no major roadways going all over the place. You're not going to find a big huge highway in the middle of the Motara with signs saying, "This way to water, this way to nui-jaga cave" with all its branching tributaries to tiny villages in the boondocks. What Po-Wahi does have, however, are caravan routes.

These caravan routes are larger, single destination, trade oriented roadways marked by prominent features in the landscape, stone carvings to let you know you're going the right way, and the occasional oasis or merchant village (no more than five to ten huts, the population has convened mainly on the two major villages of Ostia and Po-Koro). It's easy to find markers and not get lost if you know what you're looking for, or you can hire a caravan to give you a lift. I feel this allows players more roleplaying opportunity than just rushing headlong down the auto-bon ala' Po-Wahi, fits the reclusive gameplay style of Lloyd's early investments into his wahi, and allows for greater movement of everyone's characters. Here are the major caravan routes and other forms of easy access travel, although other smaller ones will exist from places like the quarry to Po-Koro:

• Ostia to Po-Koro (Ostia is a naval port accessible by the island).
  • Po-Koro to the border of Onu-Wahi (Attaches to whatever roads Nuju has established for his wahi).
  • Po-Koro to the border of Ko-Wahi (attaches to whatever roads EW has established for his wahi).
  • The Iron Mahi from Forsi to Po-Koro (A ferry can be taken directly to Ga-Koro from Forsi).

As a mention of distance, just remember the entirety of Po-Wahi is little around 75-100 miles (~120-161km) in length from southern to northernmost points (it takes up roughly the norther third), and Po-Koro is plopped at about the mid-way point of that distance in the ravines and canyons. The travel takes time, which you're free to write about, or just use that good ole BZPtime and zip right along the highways to where you want to go.

On the subject of future roads: I don't see why not. At the moment though please use the established caravan routes, but feel free to mention a small crew of po-matoran laying down flagstone on the road you travel. Given the slowly emerging nature of the Koro Hewkii will undoubtedly be wanting to allow freedom of travel to tourists.

Thanks for brining this up everyone!

• Upvote 1

Friends, I have taken it upon myself to found the Imperial Bureau of Security. It exist. That is all. You have heard nothing. No, we're not spy's. Why would you ask that?

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

I have a general question that may need a staff answer but I also wanted to hear from other players: are custom shaped kanohi allowed?

I've been seeing a bit of a surge of kanohi with one power shaped like a kanohi with another power lately. I'm wondering if this is allowed, especially since kanohi are supposed to be these rare things that cannot be forged by NPCs or PCs and the only way to change one's kanohi is basically to buy a kanohi from a dealer that collects them off corpses, or trade with a friend. I'm going to leave my personal opinion about this on the sidelines because I really want to hear what everyone else things.

Thanks!

Friends, I have taken it upon myself to found the Imperial Bureau of Security. It exist. That is all. You have heard nothing. No, we're not spy's. Why would you ask that?

Dasakan or Mata Nuian?

Dasakan, Mata-Nui doesn't really have a central government

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

I fail to see what that post means as to whether or not Mata-Nui has a central government. If you look at it, each Koro is more like it's own little city-state with a tenuous (at best) alliance with all the other Koro. There hasn't been a central government since the Turaga were killed.

Although it really isn't like there was one then, either.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I feel the Govt of Mata Nui is more like early the US under the Articles of Confederation. Seperate countries, united in trade, united against Makuta.

Replace Makuta with Europe, and it's almost the same. Roughly.

europe = dark eldritch god

...yeah, that seems fair enough

(unfortunately though, Makuta's decided absence creates a small flaw in your comparison)

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill