BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

This all makes me wonder how the Makuta got inside the Vault. I don't know if the Abettor would let him pass. I also feel like people would notice if he opened the door very often.

Did he just never go in for the past thousand plus years?

Bear in mind that Makuta is an eldritch god of darkness. Getting past one robot shouldn't be much of a difficulty for him.

Also, 'people would notice'? 'People'? In the heart of Mangaia? :P

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

This all makes me wonder how the Makuta got inside the Vault. I don't know if the Abettor would let him pass. I also feel like people would notice if he opened the door very often.

Did he just never go in for the past thousand plus years?

Bear in mind that Makuta is an eldritch god of darkness. Getting past one robot shouldn't be much of a difficulty for him.

Also, 'people would notice'? 'People'? In the heart of Mangaia? :P

We're working under the assumption that there'd be ominous Latin chanting whenever he opened the door.

• Upvote 6

We keep hearing how opening the door is going to do something big. Or at least really important.

I just assumed that it might be something noticeable.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well, we aren't going to notice anything until it happens. If Makuta was an eldritch abomination of pure evil, he probably didn't "open the door" in the way most beings would open it. He's a demonic god thing. He doesn't play by our rules. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

PLOT TWIST: Makuta is the door. 

That would be the most a-door-able plot twist ever. 

Yes... you can all feel free to shoot me now... I'm ashamed of myself. 

• Upvote 8

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Everything is Stannis' fault.

#blamestannis

(jk Stannis is too cool to be blamed :P )

But in all seriousness, it is possible that the Abettor is a result of the Hiripaki's power. If it could cause Dasaka explorers to find Mata Nui, then it's entirely possible that it created the Abettor and its twin on Kentoku.

Wargh, I'm actually managing to keep up with the Ko-Koro battle now, and it's so cool and I want a part of it but I can't because in-character Joskander still has no idea what the heck is going on T_T

Edit:

Meanwhile, we here stand witness to what shall occur if Joske gets hit by Makuta Juice.

Oh god we're all going to die.

Well, considering how Makuta Juice works in the RP, more likely only Joske would die.

Which is still bad.  I think.

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Meanwhile, we here stand witness to what shall occur if Joske gets hit by Makuta Juice.

Don't worry, we ALL won't die- there have to be survivors to make the game enjoyable. Plus, the worst that could happen is that Joske dies, and I seriously doubt that for some reason.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

It's happened before. Don't worry.

Also, can somebody please explain to me what the heck was up with the end of Aensetr Derrum with Matoran Joske dying and passing along a message to Vakama or something and going: "THE PHOTO IS IN THE SECRET SPOT", which Vakama was all like: "woah man how does he remember?"

Because that has been bugging me for the last three years.

• Upvote 1

Wargh, I'm actually managing to keep up with the Ko-Koro battle now, and it's so cool and I want a part of it but I can't because in-character Joskander still has no idea what the heck is going on T_T

No worries. Mine doesn't either. Let's meet up and do battle or whatever.

Only if you're a bad guy blocking Joskander's way.  If not, he's kinda got bigger things to worry about.  Like warmth.  He's kinda running low on that at the moment.  :P

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

No worries. Mine doesn't either. Let's meet up and do battle or whatever.

Only if you're a bad guy blocking Joskander's way.  If not, he's kinda got bigger things to worry about.  Like warmth.  He's kinda running low on that at the moment.   :P

How about a massive jerk who just wants to get out of the city?

Well, in that case we're probably nowhere near each other, considering there's a massive battle going on between us.  :P

Edits made.  :) I hope it's okay if I keep the capital letters gag thingy?

Also, can somebody please explain to me what the heck was up with the end of Aensetr Derrum with Matoran Joske dying and passing along a message to Vakama or something and going: "THE PHOTO IS IN THE SECRET SPOT", which Vakama was all like: "woah man how does he remember?"

Joske forced the Pre-2011 BZPRPG Universe to cease, or else be reborn (It's been a while). The photo was, if I'm correct, only in existence in the 2011 BZPRPG, and was wiped from existence when the entire game was rebooted after the Dataclysm. Thusly, the BZPRPGs of 2003-2010 and 2011 do not, have not, and will not exist in the Modern BZPRPG. Excepting maybe Stannis Magic.

I think it would be a drastic undertaking, if so, trying to connect the Old Canon with the new. With it would come so many things positively not acceptable in the modern game. And The Santun.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

While slightly off-topic but still technically BZPRPG-related ...

Tuck, Nuju, Emzee.

What exactly was underneath Derrum?

The Endless Sky. 

Well, 'endless' was a bit of a misnomer... you never saw it happen, but the people that fell down into the Endless Sky didn't actually fall forever, since that would've been impossible. What really happened is that they fell for so long that they eventually fell full circle and landed back onto the top of Derrum's domes. Of course, the sky hadn't done much to slow their falls; needless to say, the floating city had a topside splatter cleanup crew.

I thought this was common knowledge...?

• Upvote 4

test2.png

Heh heh heh... good thing I has PLAN!

Already played an evil Joske once... not rushing to repeat the experience anytime soon.

:P

Alright, I'll try to explain without overloading you with too much details. Long story short the Old Bzprpg, that started back in 2001 (and I started playing in 2002) had a similar these to this current game: use cannon locations but at different times in the canon story as so that we don't mess with the official timeline and characters. Well, over the course of eleven years the game had become this big, massive beast of stories past all haphazardly connected in a zombie of a continuing ballad. Seeing as how we wanted to completely reboot the game and start from scratch, absolutely no backstory, I decided to have some fun and tip my hat to the days of old.

So in the end instead of everyone dying in that crash (see below) I had Joske use all his magical powers (because at the time Xa-Kuta was a playable power and I had been playing original Joske straight for nine years) and essentially hit the "cosmic reset button" by going back and altering events that happened in 2003, the year we went to Metru-Nui. That meant there was no Smeagol, no Lightbringer/Darkbringer Wars, no Joske-then-matoran-mask-maker joining the Lightbringers, no nothing. The timeline got reverted "back" to canon story and everything we did as players essentially never happened. The only evidence that it happened was a picture that had in it all the historic and main characters though the years that Joske had known, like a bunch of people getting together for a high school reunion, and this picture ended up in the matoran Joske's shop, the only tangible reminder of his past life. So he lived out his life on Metru-Nui, got stasis with the rest and then re-awoken on Mata-Nui when the Toa Metru saved everyone, the only thing he remembers is that picture, which he passed on to Vakama when he died fighting in the Charred Forest.

It's one of those things you really have to know the Old Bzprpg to fully understand that little tidbit (like you needed to be there for the majority of it :P), but I hoped that helped?

While slightly off-topic but still technically BZPRPG-related ...

Tuck, Nuju, Emzee.

What exactly was underneath Derrum?

There WAS a planet below it, the place where the original materials came from... if I remember correctly in the mythos of if Seraphim and myself did mention that. A planet that the entire city at the end of the year was plummeting into, and instead of having everyone die or everyone teleport to yet ANOTHER world and screw THAT one up (which is what the game had devolved into :P ) I, the GM at the time, decided the best thing was to have the powerful character in the game at that time just absolutely reset everything (see above) and start afresh from scratch.

Again, lots of details that have been lost or hidden away.

• Upvote 1

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg