BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wait... are all of the main six Koros linked via monorail?

Nope. The monorail is intra-Koro transport, located only in Ta-Koro. Le-Koro has a chute system, and Po-Koro has a railroad (the Iron Mahi) linking it to the small port-town of Forsi.

Travel between Koro mostly still requires conventional means: on foot, using Rahi mounts (including flying ones), or by sea.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

EDIT: Never mind. Ninja'd by Ghosthands. Thanks for clarifying that. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wait... are all of the main six Koros linked via monorail?

Nope. The monorail is intra-Koro transport, located only in Ta-Koro. Le-Koro has a chute system, and Po-Koro has a railroad (the Iron Mahi) linking it to the small port-town of Forsi.

Travel between Koro mostly still requires conventional means: on foot, using Rahi mounts (including flying ones), or by sea.

Le has chutes now?

Wow, you guys, thank you OH SO MUCH for your overwhelming vote of support and confidence. Glad to know the player base is behind me one-hundred percent.

(though if you forced me to be honest considering the odds I'd put five bucks on Zak myself :P ) Still, why can't we root for the underdog! Whoot whoot!

Yeah, let's hope for a quick death verses some of the other things these guys are known for?  :begging:

Should've waited for Sulov.

It pays to have people in the know.

• Upvote 5

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Ok, so my toa of magnetism will either have to steal from that or find new giant metal things. Yes, this is the guy who recently invented a railgun.

Think about how many widgets he'd make if he started mass producing those railguns. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think Nuju was the one who approved the railgun sword. 

At least you can start using your widgets as spare ammo when you run out (if it's built so it can do that anyway).

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, so was just reading to BS01 that all Rahkshi essentially had a kind of telepathic link to the Makuta that created them. Makes sense. Now, here's my question: do the the Rahkshi in the RPG that have been corrupted and enslaved using antidermis now have a telepathic link to the being that enslaved them? Is that how they're controlled? 

Okay, so was just reading to BS01 that all Rahkshi essentially had a kind of telepathic link to the Makuta that created them. Makes sense. Now, here's my question: do the the Rahkshi in the RPG that have been corrupted and enslaved using antidermis now have a telepathic link to the being that enslaved them? Is that how they're controlled? 

Unless your being has telepathic powers of her/his own with which she/he can reach into the mind of an enslaved Rahkshi, the most effective way to give them orders is through verbal communication. You could probably train the Rahkshi to obey hand signals or something, too.

• Upvote 4

test2.png

Unless your being has telepathic powers of her/his own with which she/he can reach into the mind of an enslaved Rahkshi, the most effective way to give them orders is through verbal communication. You could probably train the Rahkshi to obey hand signals or something, too.

Right, there goes that plan, then. Thanks for killing my hopes and dreams again, Nuju.  :)

I was just thinking that a Rahkshi of Mind Reading would be incredibly useful for Lash, but since there's no telepathic link, I'll scratch that Rahkshi type off my shopping list. Only 41 more to choose from...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Pity they only work if you happen to be a Toa of Magnetism.

And Nuju might smack you on the head for trying to get too advanced.

Yes, only a toa of magnetism with very good control could hope to use one.

He was! And I thank our kind overlord.

At least you can start using your widgets as spare ammo when you run out (if it's built so it can do that anyway).

Well, Casanuva does carry around a bag of ball bearings he uses as ammo. Widgets might be too big, and too uneven. Plus, he's constantly in a state of poverty, soooo...

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Looking through the list of Rahkshi types to decide which one I want to enslave, and I think I've found one I like.

Do Rahkshi of Vacuum exist in our amazing magical RPG land? 

Yeah... Using his pay to attack people doesn't really make any sense now if he's constantly broke. Oh well. The death by money concept was fun while it lasted... 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I read that he approved it in the Ta topic. I meant he might not like it if the entire island suddenly had railguns.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I read that he approved it in the Ta topic. I meant he might not like it if the entire island suddenly had railguns.

Especially if everyone on the island did it without even knowing anyone else is doing it.

While it would make sense if someone saw it and thought "Huh, that's cool, maybe I can do that too!", some random guy on the other side of the island shouldn't go "I just had this idea right after someone else got it approved!"

Seems a mite silly if that's the case.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I was just thinking that a Rahkshi of Mind Reading would be incredibly useful for Lash, but since there's no telepathic link, I'll scratch that Rahkshi type off my shopping list. Only 41 more to choose from...

Don't give up on this yet. If the Rahkshi could read its master's mind and see commands there, it would act on them. There is your telepathic link right there, created not by the master but by the rahkshi.

ppg2.png

Wait, Zaktan and Joske are going at it?

No. We're merely expecting that they might be, soon. Which is terribly biased and narrow-minded of us, I suppose. :P

What happened to working in the shadows and never fighting the enemy directly? =P  Though I suppose that's going to be the matoran contest people's job too...

So, I got bored and decided that, since I have internet today, I'd feed a crisis. Introducing Dayeth, an insane Makuta-worshipping nutcase of a Ta-Matoran who thinks everyone is a heathen, and would like nothing better than to watch the whole world burn - literally. 

You thought the Entropy Beetles were bad? They're the least of your worries now. 

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11192-bzprpg-le-wahi/page-77?do=findComment&comment=734308

Now you can all burn together. 

I don't mean to kill the party, but isn't Le-Koro in the middle of a jungle, with swamps and succulent plants dripping with moisture?  I don't feel like it would burn very well.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

You know, I see echelon's slogan being something along the lines of 'I was evil before it became popular" or "I was evil before it became easy."... However this brings up a point that has been eating away at me since the start of this chapter. With the introduction of this chapter it seems like being evil and having evil contacts has been made.... simple without the need for any of that complicated rp that used to take place just to get a chance at working with eviler people. I mean I know this game is about fun, but it is rather discouraging when you realize you waited three to four ooc months just to meet with a head honcho evil character, and now newly created characters are meeting with them without any hassle or waiting whatsoever. I may be the only one who feels this way but still. 

Already dreads bringing this up

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You know, I see echelon's slogan being something along the lines of 'I was evil before it became popular" or "I was evil before it became easy."...ads bringing this up

Echelon is many things; a hipster is not one of them.

However this brings up a point that has been eating away at me since the start of this chapter. With the introduction of this chapter it seems like being evil and having evil contacts has been made.... simple without the need for any of that complicated rp that used to take place just to get a chance at working with eviler people. I mean I know this game is about fun, but it is rather discouraging when you realize you waited three to four ooc months just to meet with a head honcho evil character, and now newly created characters are meeting with them without any hassle or waiting whatsoever. I may be the only one who feels this way but still. 

Already dreads bringing this up

We, the staff, have deliberately made it easy for evil characters to get in touch with the big baddies because the game needs more conflict, and Mata Nui needs a clear threat.

The game got very slow over the last year, in my opinion due to the lack of overt conflict, and there were few powerful villains. That's why you had to wait so long for Syvra's meeting with Echelon; if I remember correctly, he was already tied up with stuff when you asked to interact, and that stuff took a long time to wrap up. That was because of the pace of the game and the lack of motivation that I (and many others) felt in regard to it.

Increasing conflict on Mata Nui should stir up some more energy among the players, and that will be good for everyone. Please don't be sullen about it. You'll have your fun, trust me ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

• Upvote 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Anyone waiting on Ropurungui in Ko-Koro, my apologies.  I've been too busy to post more than once with a single character the past day or so, but things should be opening soon.  As such, if EW or Visaru would like to bunny the justice machine, feel free.

I brought that up last time people tried to burn the place down. Apparently the swamp/rainforest still burns just fine.

Having lived in Australia my whole life, I know from personal experience that when a fire gets hot enough, anything can burn. Once the fire gets up to a certain temperature, the moisture and stuff in the rain-forest just evaporates; it makes no difference. Hence why I made sure Dayeth used stralix powder to start the fire.