BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Morning, y’all.

It’s come to our attention that a few issues have arisen in the Ko-Koro battle, which have lead to a little frustration among those involved. So we’ve put our heads together, and after reviewing protocol from the old events like this, here are some things we’re instating for the purposes of this battle:

-NPCs:The group of people who are permitted use of NPCs in this instance is a limited one. And it is limited, for the most part, to Visaru, EW (if he appears, and wishes to do so), and KNI. Visaru and EW because of their in-Koro authority, and KNI because Visaru has granted him control over a select group of NPCs. If you are not one of these three people, then you probably shouldn’t be using NPCs. Feel free to check with a staff member, but barring exceptional circumstances, that’s going to be the party line.

-Speaking of which; I refer you all, once again, to Friar Tuck’s Guide

to Common Sense, specifically, the section of NPCs. Even the worst Ko-Koro guard is

trained; your character may outclass them in some regards, but they are not cardboard

cutouts.

-Notifications:For the duration of this battle, you are required to, when you target or interact with a new character, include an OOC that states this and includes the character’s name. Bold text is strongly encouraged, but understanding that sometimes people are unable to use it, it will not be mandatory.

Now, that should help clear up a little of the small scale chaos. But, in order to clear up the battle overall a little, we are including objectives specific to each group. These are, as the name implies, what your character should be working towards accomplishing. If and when one is reached, we’ll move from there.

-Legacy and Brotherhood Forces: You are currently still outside the gate. Your goal is to get through the gate and gain access to the village proper. (Note: Ko-Koro cavalry created ice ramps down from the walls to get outside.)

-Nightfall: You guys are on the steps of the CItadel, currently being held back by a few PCs and NPCs. Break through and gain access to the Citadel.

-Defending Forces: You guys, as a result of fighting a war on two fronts, are a bit more broken up. To address this, there are two sub-points;

-Gate Forces (Includes Cavalry): Stop the Brotherhood and Legacy forces outside of the village, and prevent them from entering. If that is accomplished, you will be able to catch the forces inside in a pincer movement.

-Interior Forces: The Nightfall is already at the Citadel’s steps. Prevent their entrance, and if possible, force them into a retreat or take them captive.

EDIT: Kaithas also has control of Ihu NPCs.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm creating a makuta-worshiping character, and am a little confused about the different factions attacking ko-Koro.

The brotherhood of Ak'rai'en (don't know if I spelled that right) are a Makuta worshiping faction who have allied with the Piraka, but who are "the Legacy" or "the Nightfall"?

Also, is "the Citadel" (which the Nightfall are attacking apparently) part of the koro?

Finally, up till now, have the Brotherhood been active since the fall of Makuta?

Thanks, I'm just trying to catch up on the story so that my character can get involved in the battle  :D

Kathok

Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An are not Makuta Worshippers, they have their own religion that venerates an Archangel of Mata Nui. They in fact treat Makuta Worshippers as heathens, but ally with them for this assault.

The Nightfall if the elite Makuta-Worshipping group led by Dark Toa Echelon, consisting of himself, Rorg, Karnakie, Eisen, Agrona and Kohra plus unofficial member Greisk. BZPRPG wiki states that all of them have survived Antidermis injection(except Greisk). They are currently assaulting The Citadel.

The Legacy is the army raised by Echelon, including members of Nightfall, so Nightfall is like a sub-group of the Legacy army. Sort of like... Spartan IIs of the UNSC? The main bulk of the Legacy is assaulting the main gate with the Brotherhood.

That clear up everything? :D

• Upvote 5

Reo dodged them from only a rooftop's length without much of a problem, and his quickness all comes from exercise regimen, so I'd say you're good on the "if you're coordinated and have a sharp eye you can dodge" line of thought.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm creating a makuta-worshiping character, and am a little confused about the different factions attacking ko-Koro.

The brotherhood of Ak'rai'en (don't know if I spelled that right) are a Makuta worshiping faction who have allied with the Piraka, but who are "the Legacy" or "the Nightfall"?

Also, is "the Citadel" (which the Nightfall are attacking apparently) part of the koro?

Finally, up till now, have the Brotherhood been active since the fall of Makuta?

Thanks, I'm just trying to catch up on the story so that my character can get involved in the battle  :D

To continue what Norik said, While the B.O.A has been active since the fall of makuta, it is in such a minor way.. I also do not believe that prior to this attack on Ko-koro, that they were well known, if at all by the general public. Generally they have just been all secret like for a long time, with most who do know about them being members of them. However Mr.House, if that is his current display name would know better since he plays the leader of the Brotherhood, so ultimately I would defer to him for validity. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An are not Makuta Worshippers, they have their own religion that venerates an Archangel of Mata Nui. They in fact treat Makuta Worshippers as heathens, but ally with them for this assault.

The Nightfall if the elite Makuta-Worshipping group led by Dark Toa Echelon, consisting of himself, Rorg, Karnakie, Eisen, Agrona and Kohra plus unofficial member Greisk. BZPRPG wiki states that all of them have survived Antidermis injection(except Greisk). They are currently assaulting The Citadel.

The Legacy is the army raised by Echelon, including members of Nightfall, so Nightfall is like a sub-group of the Legacy army. Sort of like... Spartan IIs of the UNSC? The main bulk of the Legacy is assaulting the main gate with the Brotherhood.

That clear up everything? :D

Thanks a lot - so the legacy includes makuta-worshippers?

Kathok

The "Citadel" is actually The Sanctum, only extensively renovated and expanded into more of a fortress in its own right than a place of learning,

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

'Legacy' is short for 'Legacy of Makuta'. It's an organisation that was formed by Echelon in the wake of Makuta's defeat, and the vast majority of its members are (or were) Makuta-followers. They've kept in the shadows until now; the attack on Ko-Koro is their first open action against the villages of Mata Nui.

That's correct, with the exception of the Antidermis part. I've edited the page to remove that erroneous information. Only Echelon and Agrona have been transformed by Antidermis, although Kohra has been injected with it to re-energise her Glove.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Karnakie has antidermis, though, he just hasn't used it on himself yet.

Also, for those of you who don't know, my ability to post any time other than the weekend is severely limited. If necessary, I grant permission for my characters to be bunnied (minorly, or majorly if required to save their lives) any time I'm not here, and if you need me for something rather badly, shoot me a PM or a message on Skype and I'll try to get to it as soon as possible.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Hang on... While everyone is asking question, I feel the need to pitch in. 

So the Piraka are also just Makuta worshippersas well, yes? And they've allied with Echelon/Nightfall/Legacy because of their common goal?

(What is their ultimate goal, anyway?)

Also, all of the mercs and stuff who got loot from the Piraka; do they officially serve Echelon or Legacy, or does their allegiance lie with the Piraka (just wondering in case circumstances cause a split between the two groups later down the track; I want to know whose side I'm actually supposed to be on).

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Piraka serve no one; that we know of, at least. They're their own agents, allied with the Legacy as matter of convenience. Anyone who bargained with the Piraka don't necessarily serve anyone; they've made their deal, and unless that deal involved allegiance, they're still their own agent.

It just so happens that most of those who have struck deals are evil, and many of the evil people are Makuta Followers.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The Piraka serve no one? That suddenly makes them a whole lot scarier. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

are the baddies actually inside Ko-Koro now, or are they still trying to get in?

Both.

The bad guys that were outside (Legacy and Brotherhood) are still outside, but the Nightfall have been inside the village since the battle began.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Just out of curiosity, can the Legacy/Piraka/Brotherhood alliance have a name? Albeit unofficial for now? It would make typing things out easier.

Something neutral would do, The Dark Alliance, perhaps? Or maybe E.V.I.L!

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Just out of curiosity, can the Legacy/Piraka/Brotherhood alliance have a name? Albeit unofficial for now? It would make typing things out easier.

Something neutral would do, The Dark Alliance, perhaps? Or maybe E.V.I.L!

The staff and I actually brainstormed on this front. We didn't settle on just one, but we came up with a few ideas, the least pretentious of which were:

• [title of group]
  • Foe-Drinkers Anonymous
  • The Really Really Bad Company
  • Echelon and the Pirakettes
  • The Piraka Pain Posse
  • Insidious Incorporated
  • The Superfriends
  • Kingz of Pain
  • The Height of Pretension
  • Upvote 12

test2.png

Superfriends should be the Maru and company. The Legion of Doom is more fitting. Excepting the swamp-helmet base thing, and Solomon Grundy.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Superfriends should be the Maru and company. 

Dorian Shaddix and Joske Nimil spent most of summer 2013 as "The Wundertwins" so 'Superfriends' provides perfect symmetry and I want this 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

[...] I believe I eventually settled on 'the Mangaia Pact'. At least, that's what Echelon will refer to it as. The Piraka, on the other hand...

I support this name. It's simple, to-the-point, and has a cold, professional, very much analytical sound to it. Were I a Chronicler, I'd positively relish scratching it down in the history books.

Okay, just out of curiosity, who would want Junyaus? He's Po-Koro's governmental spy, and a character out of tune with the current game.

Anyone can have him...

• Upvote 1

• Really Really Bad Company.
Brykon had better start contacting his lawyers.

On a serious note, Mangaia Pact makes a lot more in-game immersion sense than he other names. At least if Echelon says it. The Piraka maybe would use other names but realistically the Mata Nui aligned villages would officially call it that.

• Upvote 1

While I agree that mangaia pact makes sense from an ic stand point... who wouldn't want to be known as 'Insidious Incorporated'?

And dang Junyaus... Been a long time since i seen that character's name. Still have his wrist watch actually.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

But Solomon Grundy covers their entire zombified horde... Also, the Mangaia Pact? Isn't Mangaia Matoran for "Guardian?" I get that it was Makuta's lair and all, but the literal translation just doesn't fit in my opinion. Something more along the lines of the Harbingers of Chaos, Hands of Destruction, or even Death's Gauntlet just have a better ring to it...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.