BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Sometimes if you're gone for even a day, you'll get left behind. Gotta go fast. Or not, depending on what's going on in the game at the time.

It's nice to see you too, Onarax.

That's not Onarax.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

*Is about to disagree when he looks at "Onarax's" name history*

Oooooh, thanks for pointing that out to me, Kray. :P I guess when Hubert and Onarax switched display names for some reason while I was gone.  Woops. It looks like I already talked to the real Onarax earlier. Huh. Well I'll be.

Please don't tell me anyone else switched their names like that too while I was gone- I really don't want to be confused.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Lol. I missed you and your humor. :P In fact, I missed everyone's humor. It's so nice to talk to you guys again.

Anyway, this is getting a little off topic, so let me put it back on the tracks- So how many people (as in players) are participating in the attack on Ko-Koro, regardless of what side they're on? Just curious.

Ah, okay. I'm going to assume that most of those players are playing evil characters- that, combined with all that Vault Loot, means that if more good guys don't show up, then Ko-Koro will be melted by the end of the battle. Unless the NPC Sanctum Guard can hold them off, which I doubt for some reason.

EDIT: Thanks Kray. That's about 18 characters, most of them evil. Interesting...

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Anyway, this is getting a little off topic, so let me put it back on the tracks- So how many people (as in players) are participating in the attack on Ko-Koro, regardless of what side they're on? Just curious.

More than I really want to count. At least a dozen players, and many, many more characters than that. People controlling one character is the exception, it seems. 

We're looking at about a dozen players, and at least one and a half times again as many characters.

EDIT: Yeah, there are more bad than good, though it's not as lopsided now. And Ko won't so much be melted as it will be the new bad guy village.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There are wayyyy more Toa than PC Matoran and Turaga.

Back on page 219 of this topic you can see the census done by The Lorax. Toa are the vast majority.

Also, creating a character to fight a war is fine. After the battle you can give him/her more character development. Think of the battle as their 'debut', but needn't tie themselves to it.

Thanks.  :)

Yeah but this makes me feel that there should be more matoran/turaga (or at least just matoran). People seem so eager to make powered characters which can do amazing things (and there's nothing wrong with this) that they disregard the matoran who really can be interesting characters. It's great to be a superhero, but regular citizens can be cool too. You don't need to be a toa to be a hero.

Well there was my two cents, do you guys agree?  ^_^

Thanks. :)

Yeah but this makes me feel that there should be more matoran/turaga (or at least just matoran). People seem so eager to make powered characters which can do amazing things (and there's nothing wrong with this) that they disregard the matoran who really can be interesting characters. It's great to be a superhero, but regular citizens can be cool too. You don't need to be a toa to be a hero.

Well there was my two cents, do you guys agree? ^_^

Way more people need this kind of attitude, myself included. It's what you do with the character that counts. Good on ya.

I originally intended Sulov to be a heroic Matoran, not one of the big-name heroes. He was.

Then there was a contest.

Mars is still a cool lil' Matoran though.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Oh hey Nuju, long time no see! Yeah, I was a going to claim it (was really looking forward to it, too!), but then I went inactive due to life stuff. But if, by the end of the month, I have a low workload from college, I'll be sure to talk to you about its specs and stuff.

Yes, people, I'm (maybe if I fully return) getting a blimp. A new age of transportation shall begin!

There are wayyyy more Toa than PC Matoran and Turaga.

Back on page 219 of this topic you can see the census done by The Lorax. Toa are the vast majority.

Also, creating a character to fight a war is fine. After the battle you can give him/her more character development. Think of the battle as their 'debut', but needn't tie themselves to it.

Thanks.  :)

This is one reason why I prefer playing with Matoran characters. I also feel that they are somewhat more relatable and interesting, since they don't have their powers, but rather different skills and attributes to rely on. Kavala and Onoraza are my only non-Matoran characters, and I intend it to stay that way.

Also reflects my BZPRPG motto: You don't need to be a Toa to be a hero. ;)

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Before it becomes the bad guy village, it'll have to get past the guard, which might not be as easy as it seems. :afro:

Might.

It never was and it never will be "easy". Re: Friar Tuck's Guide to common sense "You are not infinitely superior to NPCs"

• Upvote 4

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I like that motto but will supplant hero with villain.  Take, in example, the Peers.  Sunk a whole darned topic.  Or take a certain Dog who stopped a civil war.

There was a recent conversation I participated in that touched on the idea of matoran being powerless, difficult to play, and rather odd creatures.  The idea was that matoran didn't make good fighters, and therefore required a certain finesse to play properly without them dying.  What do you think?

EDIT:  so... is that NPC army of rhinos legit?  I thought NPC armies were not legit.

Edited by Kughii

Matoran are capable of being villains as well as heroes, I agree. With a Matoran villain, you are forced to strategize and try other ways to be villainous than just unleashing your powers and hoping to kill your opponents. The same applies to Matoran heroes. You need to use your head.

The problem is, for example with Matoran villains, that they are quite easily caught if they do run into heroic Toa and whatnot. Without powers they don't stand a chance against more powerful beings unless they escape (which is not always guaranteed to succeed). I experienced this with Surina, who was pretty much run over. I liked the idea of her as a Matoran villain, but she ended up dead pretty quickly, even though she escaped her first death penalty.

Matoran are fun to play with, but it can be challenging against more powerful foes, which are plenty in this game.

EDIT: so... is that NPC army of rhinos legit? I thought NPC armies were not legit.

What army of rhinos? There were only ever two of those, and they're leaving now.

Unless you meant those 20 Kane-Ra, in which case I have no idea. I didn't make those, I just attacked them.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Kane- Ra are bulls, not rhinos. Those are the kikinalo.

As far as the army. Its one of the six koro, of course they are going to have some sort of army.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Actually the kikanalo are these crazy hybrid creatures of kangaroo and rhino.  There is a specific rhino-type pokemon rahi in the bionicle world.  And yes, I meant Kane-Ra, thanks Lorax.  

@ Toatapio: so you feel that, yes, players need to have a certain finesse to play a matoran villain, or just a matoran in general?  Interesting.  What do others think?? (Totally wanting to set up a conversation on why we play a certain race, and what limits we put on that race.)

I have a few questions

1. I'm not very good at roleplaying but I'm not bad either, I can write at least two sentences when describing a situation or actions and I'm fairly descriptive in my writing but I can't match the skill of professional roleplayers, are there topics where I can join other roleplayers that are at what people consider the intermediate level of roleplaying
  2. I want to act as a wild Tarakava that terrorises Ga-Matoran on the beach, are members allowed to play as non sapient creatures like rahi or kraata? 
  3. Do you allow pet rahi as companions?
  4. Can players choose to act as villains like the dark hunters?
  5. I know that there are certain kanohi allowed but can players have a kanohi in the shape of another or share features from another ? Examples: A kanohi Hau with an eyepiece found on the kanohi Akaku or a kanohi Kaukau in the form of a kanohi Pakrai? 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.