BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment, let the games begin, the fire rises, *insert further Dark Knight villain quotes here*.

If you have Legacy (or other evilly-inclined) characters, and would like to participate in the attack, please let me know via PM or Skype so I can coordinate our forces of darkness.

Just to emphasise what Tyler said, this battle can go either way depending on how the players fight it. Yes, I will be fighting on the bad guys' side as Echelon, and I will be doing my darnedest to win, but remember—there is no plot armour! I'll hold myself to the same standards as I'd hold anybody else to.

That said, I will be watching like a hawk for any rule-breaking... :evilgrin:

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Oh, so you mean Ambages?  He does happen to be the richest man in Mata-Nui.

Exactly.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

this is going to be the BZPRPG’s first losable battle! 

What about Pala-Koro? That seemed pretty losable for both sides. Anyway, I'm excited for this.

Pala-Koro was also entirely player run; the village was player made, both factions were player made, and all the participants were PCs. That was, really, just a really big PC battle. In this case, the fate is a canon location, with large ramifications for the future depending on what happens.

Plus losable battle is a term that we just recently invented as shorthand for events like this. :P

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Pala-Koro was also entirely player run; the village was player made, both factions were player made, and all the participants were PCs. That was, really, just a really big PC battle. In this case, the fate is a canon location, with large ramifications for the future depending on what happens.

Plus losable battle is a term that we just recently invented as shorthand for events like this. :P

That makes it sound like Pala-Koro isn't canon. Which it isn't canon in the original Mata-Nui thing...

..which is probably what you're getting at...i'll just go back to figuring out how I can get back into the game without making a new character/trying to dreg up an old one from the bottomless abyss of "nearly inactive since creation"

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Man... our first ever battle for a major location and I'm not going to be around to enjoy it... not that I had any characters in Ko-Koro to begin with anyway, but... meh. Can't wait to see how it turns out...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So, just to check - this has timeskipped the gathering of bad guys, the arrival of Thok at Echelon's base and the distribution of Vault Loot to those involved?

Correct. To bring everyone up to speed, Echelon summoned all your baddies to Mangaia in preparation for this attack, where they will have got their Vault loot. Any villains involved can timeskip straight to the time of attack.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Wait, so for this time skip thing:

1: if you haven't already gotten an item from the Vault, could you negotiate with one of the Piraka players OOC, jump right to Ko-Koro, and describe how you got the tech item in past tense?

2. Mostly to Mr. House, but also in general: will Ak'rei'an people be jumping right to Ko-Koro or is there something we need to take care of first?

Edited by namcurtsnoC

I got to sleep. Then this.

I am laughing so hard about the little birds...

Okay, so evil people: what's the plan for busting through the gate? Are Ak'rei'an followers gonna take point, or is it just everyone for themselves?

This calls for a Group PM! Edited by Norik Of Celtania

EDIT:  My original tone was really nasty.  My apologies, since I realized it after posting. 

Let's wait and see who mounts a defense!  It'll be fun to have more players given a chance to jump in. :3

Edited by Kughii

EDIT:  My original tone was really nasty.  My apologies, since I realized it after posting. 

Let's wait and see who mounts a defense!  It'll be fun to have more players given a chance to jump in. :3

Well, the attack isn't going to end quickly. It's only been a few hours since the event started, there'll be time for people to show up. The baddies haven't really advanced from where they started at the end of the last post, just dealt a few casualties out with a slow advance.

I'm hoping for some PC resistance. Or even organized Sanctim Guard resistance.  :P

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The BoA will be there, via the power of Timeskip. All Brotherhood characters are free to enter into the villain camp at Ko-Koro.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

would participate in the war in Ko-Koro... but I has no characters other than Akhulii so far and I don't feel like making more. Plus I don't want to just make a new character to fight in a war. They would have virtually no history and would be made for one thing, probably fail, and then be just an extra scar in BZP's database.

But I would like to make more characters soon. I already have a great one for a Skakdi... but I might want to color some concept art for him first. And with school around that'll take seventy-five years. If only I was joking...

Does anyone know how many matoran/turaga characters there are in relation to characters with powers? I feel like there would need to be more interesting matoran/turaga who don't need powers to be cool and make a difference on the island. You know what they say, when everyone's super, no one is..

There are wayyyy more Toa than PC Matoran and Turaga.

Back on page 219 of this topic you can see the census done by The Lorax. Toa are the vast majority.

Also, creating a character to fight a war is fine. After the battle you can give him/her more character development. Think of the battle as their 'debut', but needn't tie themselves to it.

Can I ask all BoA members to wait until the morning to post? Larikon shall lead them into battle, personally.