BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: It wouldn't be just for that.

IC: Strakolix

"The ends justify the means. So you're telling me that I deserve to have irrerepairable mental damage, drowning, torture, and starvation? What ever happened to the morals of your Great Spirit. It seems to me that he died with his brother. Where is your unity that he gave you, hm?"

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC: Strakolix

"So your means was lying to achieve your ends. Still altruism. And what of your Great Spirit? Are you too afraid to acknowledge the wisdom in my words?"

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC(Daylaria-Prison)

"The morals are still here. We are serving our duty by locking you up. It's your destiny to abide in a cage for awhile. We're all unified in believing you deserve to rot." She grinned, placing her hands on her hips.

"See? Nothing to worry about!"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC-Eutuchia:

"Perhaps you don't seem to understand, Vortixx, just how much trouble you've been causing us," a voice growled from the doorway. Eutuchia, it seemed, had given up on finding the doctor that Hahli had mentioned, and now was just looking for a good medic in the Marine's barracks slash prison.

"Because, first, you created a massive disturbance in the middle of the Koro. Afterwards, judging by what I have heard thus far, you were lying in order to advance yourself about the assassination attempt on Hahli, and now you're just being one annoying little fool." The Matoran of Plantlife slowly walked in, nodding at Daylaria.

"Before you start thinking to lecture us on our morals, perhaps you should look at what your morals have caused to happen. Because, for all you want to play the martyr, some sort of tragic hero, that you were only doing the right thing, you aren't. You may want to make us look like monsters, but if there's one thing we've learned over the years, it's this: To catch a monster, you have to think like a monster. And you had better hope to Mata-Nui himself that we won't treat you like you, no doubt, would treat us if the positions were reversed." Turning from the Vortixx, he looked to the others.

"I recommend we leave him here. I've not heard very much, but I can already tell he's lacking in some major brain functions, including how not to be annoying. Instead, let's find me a medic and some painkillers, because my side hurts like karz and I think it might be getting infected if we don't treat it soon."

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(Daylaria-Prison)

Daylaria chuckled. "We were doing fine until you started talking trash. Really you're just looking for problems that aren't there, bud. Tell you what, I've got the answer to all your problems." She took a bandana from around her wrist and tied it around his mouth. "Problem solved!"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: I thought as much, which is why I wanted to be certain before just heading out.

Cadias, I'll let you post them reaching the entrance guards. :P

IC: Vrana

"No." He figured that was the only response he actually needed. The mere fact that Cadias had though to ask that brought up its own set of questions in Vrana's mind, but he decided not to speak them aloud. Yes, there had been one time, but that had been many, many years ago, during the earliest days of his connections with the village, before the death of her...

He turned towards Cadias with a slight bit of a frown, He had already told the Plasma Toa that story, had he already forgotten. He supposed maybe it wasn't important enough to be worth remembering, but it was something Vrana would never forget, his past had been scarred into him on many occasions.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: I don't think he'd have let you gag him without a fight, just sayin.

IC: Corporal Suran

"It would be best if we left him here, yes. He poses a threat only to our ears." He turned to Eutuchia, "We must find you a medic quickly, then." When he said 'we', he meant the Marines in general. He had no intention of leaving the prisoners out of his sight until the next shift.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: I thought they were already out of the village, so this should work just as well.

IC: Cadias

"Oh, good. You've just never gone into detail about the kinds of things you eat, so-"

"Halt!"

Cadias turned around, perplexed. It was a couple of Marines. "What's the problem?"

"You left the village without checking in with the guards."

"Oh, I see." He turned to Vrana. "They just want to make sure that we're not up to no good." Taking off his coat, he handed it to one guard for inspection, and then handed his sword, still sheathed, to the other. "Why didn't you stop us at the entrance?"

"We've been busy. There was an assassination attempt. Akiri Hahli was the target."

"Really? That's no good." The Marine handed him back both his coat and weapon; both had passed inspection.

Vrana on the other hand, was a bit less cooperative, not handing over the new Coat that he had gotten, nor taking off his clawed gauntlets. If the guards had been in the village for more than three months, they may have recognized his appearance as resembling that of the Bird-like being who had been a defender of the Koro, his mannerisms matched that of the flying being of the past to an exact level.

Seeing the look that Cadias no doubt gave him, he removed the coat and handed it over. He still didn't remove the claws.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC

This will be fun! Prison buddies! :D Wheee

IC- Verak - Ga-Koro Prison

"Will you please shut your mouth and stop tryin' to make these guards have some sort of moral conundrum about the honor of their guard? As you can see, it's not workin' too well. You know, it's almost like you're drawing other guards down into this prison block so they can dispute your ideas- why a wounded officer stumbled down here and decided to start debatin' you instead of gettin' medical attention will haunt me forever. An' just from one prisoner to another, guards are almost always terrible conversation partners. Ye might as well start gettin' familiar with these cells, brother."

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

The guards, apparently deciding that the claws weren't enough reason to detain the two Toa, handed Vrana's coat back to him. "You're free to go."

"Excellent. Now, back to chutes. I hear that they're big tubes that you jump into, that whisk you away to a different part of the Koro."

IC(Daylaria-Prison)

"Eutachia! It's been awhile." She said, obviously pleased to see him. "You're gonna need a medic, man. Let's get on that."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC-Eutuchia:

"I'm not a guard, and I couldn't find any medical help elsewhere," the Matoran of Plantlife told Verak. "So please, just...don't make him act up. And yes, Daylaria, I need a medic. Just like I said. Good job noticing that."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

He followed after Cadias, a cold silence over him for a few moments before he finally decided to speak up. "Big tubes that you ride around it?" He couldn't understand the Plasma Toa's excitement about something that seemed so... uninteresting.

What would be the point in travelling in a tube when there were much faster ways to travel around.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Corporal Suran

The Lesterin followed the two to the exit, then sat at his desk, closing his eyes again and listening for any signs of trouble.

OOC: Heading to bed now. No more posts 'til tomorrow.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC(Daylaria-Prison)

"Wow. Grouchy much?" She crossed her arms again. "Come on then. Follow me." She began towards the door, then pointed back at the Vortixx. "The bandana needs to be hand-washed, bee-tee-dubs. Just a heads-up."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

"The reason it's exciting," Cadias began, hearing the boredom in Vrana's voice, "Is because of the technology behind it. If, in three months, we can invent that kind of technology, imagine what we could have three months from now!"

Spotting something on the beach, he squinted. "Hey, a Toa. We'd better him or her about the assassination attempt, and the guards at the entrance of the village.."

Cupping his hands around his mouth, Cadias yelled at the Toa (Seria). "Hello!"

"You could have twice as many tubes?" Vrana remarked, sharing none of the enthusiasm. He couldn't care less about the technological advancements that the island had been making, it wasn't something that really concerned him. As long as they left the wilderness outside of the villages alone, he was perfectly content with the way things were now.

The mention of seeing a Toa along the beach piqued his curiosity slightly, as he turned towards where Cadias was shouting. He could fully understand just walking along the beach, the peaceful feeling of the waves and the sea breeze was enough to make it worthwhile.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Viima had passed out some time ago, but now he woke up, his head hurting like it had been trampled over by a Muaka.

"My... head...", he groaned. He could feel his higher functions being under his control, which was pleasant. Why had he lost them in the first place? He could not quite place it.

Viima suddenly twitched as he saw his surroundings. He was being held... somewhere. For something. What was going on?

"Um, excuse me", Viima said after spotting Hahli. "What - what is going on here?"

IC:

The other guards, save for the Lesterin, Suran, exited the detention-block. They still had their duties to perform or medical attention to seek. Which left Suran alone with the three prisoners - and Leah. The Toa Maru had stepped away to the opposite wall as Hahli departed, looking through a porthole-style thick-glassed window, that allowed her to look out into the water outside the walls, catching a glimpse of a Moray that hastily swam by, looking for a spot to hide.

It also served to remind the inmates that there was indeed an ocean just outside these walls.

But the Toa turned back around when she heard the argument that was starting up behind her, just as the Akiri had left. Raised voices, threats and general unpleasantness. She sighed inaudibly and waited for it to pass. And now that the majority of them had departed as well, she turned back around to the cells, approaching that of the Vortixx. She was easily the most imposing figure among those that had been present in the room, but not appearing threatening at all. There was even a hint of an understanding smile.

"You're getting your ethical terms mixed up." she said calmly. "Scaring an abettor in an assassination-attempt is not altruism. Giving up your own comforts and riches just so that the lives of others improve - that is altruism."

While speaking, she reached through the bars and untied the bandana Daylaria had gagged the Vortixx with. She darkly eyed the piece of cloth before pocketing it. She would have a word with the Valkyr later.

"And neither the Akiri, nor the marines, are cruel. But they do get riled up when somebody tries to commit murder in our village. And who could hold it against them? Certainly not you. Implicating yourself in an assassination-complot and then ratting out your supposed accomplices to get a reduced sentence, only to say that maybe the intended murder would have been a good thing certainly does not give you any sort of moral high ground. Especially not if you claim Akiri Kongu hired you. How much good do think that would do? After all, as you rightly pointed out, unity between the villages has been somewhat lacking as of late. They've all had to rebuild and they've all suffered the death of the Turaga. Trust is a hard commodity to come by these days. So don't get yourself caught up in logical fallacies and then be surprised when Hahli gets a little rough with you to get at the truth."

"She simply does not suffer those that waste her time, or fools for that matter. But she is a kind soul, and just, by the way of the three virtues. Since Makuta's defeat, the livelihood of all in Ga-Koro has improved, thanks in no small part to her efforts. Everybody that's moved here is free to make a living for themselves, including you, as long as they stick to the rules that enable such a peaceful coexistence. But there are those that still feel like they can take the fruits of other people's hard labor and step on the weak. And that doesn't fly here. Not while I'm its guardian. It's a good place and I like it. There are many others that feel the same way and want to see this village kept safe."

She walked over to the table where Suran was sitting and grabbed three wooden cups that seemingly began to fill themselves with water. She picked up two of them and handed one to Verak. He'd had enough salt-water for one day and probably was thirsty. She handed the other cup to the Vortixx.

"Here. Don't go thirsty. And think about what you're going to do once you get out again. You've got more than enough time for that."

Leah turned away, leaving Strakolix to his own thoughts. Instead, she went and took the third cup of water to the adjacent cell, where the Le-Matoran had finally woken up. She knelt down, balancing on the balls of her feet and reached through the bars, placing the cup in front of the Matoran. He looked up to her.

"What - what is going on here?"

"You were arrested while intoxicated and trying to gain access to the Akiri's hut to assassinate her."

His eyes widened at that. "Now, listen carefully: You don't have to say anything, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law. We have no way of giving you a lawyer, but one will be appointed for you, if you wish, if and when you go to court. If you decide to answer any questions now, without legal counsel present, you may still stop answering at any time. Do you understand?"

There was a single nod.

"Are you willing to answer my questions then?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Did you just nod with Viima? Oh my goodness, that's almost auto-hitting! :P (Just kidding)

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

"That is probably the only thing I do understand", Viima said. His senses were returning now, along with his memory. He had come from Le-Koro to help his ex-lover and a Turaga at stopping some mysterious stalker. He had been invited to Surina's home... he had gone to the store... he had returned... they'd had a drink...

That's where the memories stopped. Realization suddenly dawned to Viima and his grew angry on the inside, both at Surina for so cruelly tricking him and himself for falling for the obvious trap. Whatever had happened after being drugged was lost in Viima's memory, but he had an idea on what he had done. Though why he would that, he couldn't understand. Surina had to be behind this. She had to be.

That stupid... ungreatful... back-stabbing, Viima thought.

"Um, whatever I did while drugged, I was told to do", Viima said, figuring how to make Leah believe the truth. "I can give you names now or later, doesn't matter. I know my rights."

Viima paused. Then he added: "And would it be possible to get a lawyer from Le-Koro or is that not possible?"

IC:

"I'm going to be honest with you," said the Akiri wearily from beside Leah. "You're in a pretty tight spot right now, even when you discount the attempted murder of a village Akiri. Assault on Marines, public intoxication, resisting arrest...pretty sizable lump of charges. But you know what? I believe you."

That was stretching it a bit, Hahli had to admit; indeed, he had looked drugged, and samples of his blood had been sent to several Marine-affiliated medics and doctors on-site and off-site that she trusted extensively. But until the samples came back with an overarching, clear conclusion, there wasn't a lot she could do to prove it. But Hahli was a smart little magician; she had plenty of carrots to pull out for the rabbits that were slow to bite at first.

"So I'm going to go a step further: you tell me who drugged you, who put you up to this, and where they were planning to go afterwards. You tell me truthfully whether you know of anyone besides those you came in contact with that were involved in this. And if it all comes back true, and we find out that you were drugged, I'll speak to Akiri Kongu about being extradited back to Le-Koro so you can face charges back there. No promises, but it's a good shot. Infinitely better than you'd get otherwise."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Viima gulped. He knew Hahli was right - whatever happened, Viima would have to carry at least some sort of burden over what Surina had done to him. That was why he never hesitated to rat her out.

"Okay, I guess getting trialed in my home village is always better...", Viima started. "Surina did it."

Surina was well-known in Ga-Koro for a selfish attitude and quite an obnoxious personality. Viima knew this and hoped that reputation would help Viima's case.

"She came to get me from Le-Koro", Viima explained. "Said she needed help with a stalker or something. I guess you still remember that we were in a relationship once, so I was convinced that she spoke the truth. The Turaga, her name is Celite, joined in at the middle and asked for assistance in returning to Ga-Koro. So I agreed, since we were going there anyway. If you need confirmation on this, a Toa named Orderin witnessed the whole thing. He should be in Le-Koro even now."

Viima took a break, breathed, and continued.

"So we came here and Surina told me to buy a bottle of wine from Okoth's store, cause she had ran out. I thought she just wanted to make the Turaga guest feel comfortable. So I agreed and bought a bottle. Back at her place we drank and talked. After that I cannot remember anything, unfortunately. But if I were you, I would capture Surina and that Turaga before they get away with this. I know I will never forget them for what they did. They must have drugged me with something in that wine. And if I really tried assassinating you, I must have been told to. In my right mind I would never even consider such action and not even while drugged... unless someone persuaded my weak mind."

IC:

Hahli and Leah exchanged sidelong glances, and after a second the Akiri pulled the posters that had been made of Celite and Surina out of her bag, plastering both of them against the cell bars.

"These the people?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"They fled the Koro," Hahli informed him. "Naturally, they were people of interest. Suspects, even, considering the Matoran - Surina, her name is, you said? - tried to shoot you in the head when she saw you'd been captured. But now we know for sure."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Viima almost lost his balance.

"Surina? Tried to kill me?" he exclaimed in shocked surprise. Her love had truly been an illusion then. Viima swore to make her pay, as soon as he got freedom... if he ever did.

"So what happens now?"

IC:

Leah gave Hahli a subtle nod to let her know the Ruhaku confirmed the Le-Matoran's words as truthful. Then she looked back at him and said:

"We put the word out. We've already got the sketches, now we have the names to go with the faces. We can send messengers to the other Koro via Gukko, let them know these two might try to find refuge there."

IC:

Leah looked to Hahli, then back at Viima and said: "You should be able to leave soon. What happened was not your intention, so I suppose there's nothing you can be blamed for...well, except a soft spot for an old love, maybe."

"It would be best if you stayed in the village for a couple of days at least. After all they wanted you dead and we don't know where they've gone. But they're not within the village perimeter, so this is the safest place for you right now. Of course, if you want to leave, that's your prerogative, but it's a big risk."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Viima sighed in relief. He would be free after all. That was all he needed to get back at Surina.

"You don't need to worry about that soft spot anymore", Viima said. "She has proven to me what a Doom Viper she is. I can never love someone who tried to kill me again. Also, I appreciate your concern... but as soon as I am out of here, I am not going to hide from them. In fact, I'm thinking of bringing them in front of justice."

IC:

"If that's what you want to do..." Leah said, but sighed. Viima had spoken of justice, not revenge, which was a relief. But on the other hand, she feared that trying to go after Surina and Celite would only bring the Le-Matoran misery. Then again, if it had been her in his place, she'd want to see justice done as well. Back in Le-Koro, she would have jumped on the first Gukko out of the village herself...after excusing her from her duties through the proper channels and a visit to the captain...

"If you go, make sure you're prepared. You might be on the move for long days before you find them. And there are still dangerous things in the wild aside from the criminals. I wish you good luck, and good hunting."

IC: Stakolix (to Verak)

"One day, they will realize that their Toa have abandoned their code and that the only thing that makes them different from us is that we know who we are. In the mean time, we might as well get to know each other. My name's Kordo, what's yours? Wait a minute! I just realized! Bail money! I have a huge stash of money, how much is my bail?"

[OOC: Talk about being biased against the government XD. And an FYI: Just because the American government has bail money, freedom of speech, trial by jury, etc doesn't mean that Ga-Koro, or Mata Nui for that matter, has the exact same system. Stop trying to find loopholes, don't just spawn tons of money out of nowhere, and just face the fact that you're going to be in there and you're not getting out for awhile.]IC: VoutokAfter knocking without an answer, Voutok simply leaned against he wall beside the entrance and turned his headset down to "2", keeping watch around the area to see if anything else of suspicion happened, and to see if anyone was inside that just were not aware of his arrival.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC:

The Toa of water cast a sideways glance at the Vortixx, one eyebrow raised in a way that flat out told him she wasn't buying any of it.

"You're still trying to make me believe what you say even though I know for a fact it's wrong? First: You can't buy innocence here; there's no bail. Second: Even if there was, you don't have that many widgets."

While she was speaking, she unlocked the cell Viima was in, letting the Le-Matoran out.

"And third: You know nothing of the code."

She waited until Viima was clear of the cell-door, before closing it again. Leah looked at Hahli. "Unless there is anything else, Akiri, I think we're done here."

IC Viima

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

"Thank you", Viima said. "I shall take my leave now, but we will see each other again. But I ain't coming back without Surina and Celite."

With that he left the prison building.

Viima decided to begin his quest of hunting down Surina and Celite by paying a visit to his ex-girlfriend's hut. Surina had left it in a hurry and all of her stuff was still there. Viima searched the place extensively, occasionally stowing some stuff for later use by himself. He did not find any leads but lots of snacks for the long trip, some arrows and assorted stuff like tools and chemicals. There was also a lightstone in a closet which he took.

Lastly he examined the drink that had drugged him. Oddly enough, it smelled the same as the normal drink, but looked a little different. Viima was disgusted at himself for not noticing before.

With that done, Viima left the hut and took one final look at Ga-Koro before leaving. According to the guards, Surina and Celite had taken the land route, which meant passing through the Old Fusa Path. Viima could see some footprints here and there, but could not trace them very far.

Where to start? Viima thought. They could be anywhere on this island. Eventually they would have to go to a village, though, at least to get supplies and the sort.

Viima understood that he would have to search the whole island, one village at a time. There was one thing he wanted to do first, though. He would return to Le-Koro and meet up with Orderin, let him know what happened. Then he would resume his search.

OOC: Viima to Le-Wahi