[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Updated 9/20 (see below)Hey BIONICLE fans,I know many of you have been asking for some BIONICLE news or story updates for quite a while now (over a year!). Well, today, the wait is finally over... somewhat.I have been communicating with Greg Farshtey outside of BZPower for a few weeks now to try to come up with a way to deliver some news. Still working that out as he's been very busy, but at least I got something for you guys!We finally know who the disguised Great Being is (remember the being Orde was referring to in The Yesterday Quest, Chapter 3?)! If you do not wish to be spoiled and want to wait for Greg Farshtey to write a chapter (lol good luck), then do not click the following spoiler tag:

The Great Being is Velika.

-------------UPDATE [9/1]: I asked Greg two very important questions people were wondering about concerning the disguised Great Being, and here are the answers in the following spoiler tag:

1. The Great Being was already named Velika before inhabiting the Matoran body.2. Velika is indeed the killer of Tren Krom and Karzahni. He was doing some housecleaning.

-------------UPDATE [9/20]: What is the undisguised Great Being's motive? Click the spoiler tag to find out:

Velika is eliminating wild cards, beings who are acting way outside of the expected parameters of the GB's plans.

[Edit by bones: Spoiler tags no longer needed for any of this (currently :P).]

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

jlovfkk.jpg

Excuse me a moment, I need to pull up my The Legend Reborn clips... Ah, there it is. As Kiina said...YES! I was RIGHT! Whoo-hoo! -boogies- I was right, I was right...Ahem. Yes. Thank you very much for getting us this information, Erebus! I'd already guessed it'd be that being, but it's quite wonderful to know that I was RIGHT! Hmm-hmm-hmm, hm-hmm-hmmmm...

• Upvote 2

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Now that I KNOW it's Velika, I can never look at my Velika set the same way again. For one thing, I can now say I own a Great Being set! :biggrin:

I too am saddened that (as far as I'm aware) the prize thing can't happen. As much as I'd love for it to happen, I understand that none of us can prove our ages.I'm wondering when BS01 will be updated with the news.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

MoZ, spoiler tags.Anyway.

Assuming this isn't a prank (doubt it,) I can honestly say I'm surprised by this--both at the rather sudden reveal and at the GB's identity. Guess I was wrong in my attempt to disprove him as a viable candidate after all. :P

Unrelated to the GB, though, I'm glad to hear that there's at least some hope of the story continuing in the future, even if it won't be any time soon. Thanks a ton, Erebus! ^_^

Edited by X. Luxord

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

MoZ, spoiler tags.Anyway.

Assuming this isn't a prank (doubt it,) I can honestly say I'm surprised by this--both at the rather sudden reveal and at the GB's identity. Guess I was wrong in my attempt to disprove him as a viable candidate after all. :P

yeah i know i always hoped it was my favorite candidate Darkness

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm wondering when BS01 will be updated with the news.
As soon as I can figure out how to structure the page without changing the tone (or changing the style entirely to make it consistent). Metax is a prime example of how weird it can get (and even now, I think the page is so-so).

-cough- Okay, now that I've finished shrieking in joy...

Anyone remember how Velika's a Toa in the "The Kingdom" Alternate Universe? He'd almost definitely still be the GB seeing as the splitpoint for that AU was the end of the 2007 storyline, so... any thoughts on whether this GB having a Toa's body would be a terrible, terrible thing? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Wow. This is shocking, in a way....

Though many people DID guess Velika to be the GB. I was still amazed when I found out.

Now I want to buy the set :P I hope I can find it somewhere on the internet. Thanks Greg! I hope you are doing well, and I hope you can give us some more updates!

Edited by KlakWest
  • Upvote 1

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Aha! I was rooting for him! Thanks, Erebus.If my opinoin means anything, I think this fellow's BS01 page should be left alone untill we have it revealed in a story update.Has Greg said anything on his sitution? I know he's too busy for writing, but you'd think he could at least give us a "Hello! Sit tight!"Hope he's doing well.

Edited by Takhamavahu

That is awesome! Very glad to hear this. I think that the BS01 page should have spoilers, but absolutely have this added.Also, a personal request. Can you tell him thanks from us next time you get in contact with him? I remember last August a lot of people may have sent him PMs thanking him, so please tell him that we miss him and he'll have a very warm welcome when he returns!Thank you!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

That is awesome! Very glad to hear this. I think that the BS01 page should have spoilers, but absolutely have this added.Also, a personal request. Can you tell him thanks from us next time you get in contact with him? I remember last August a lot of people may have sent him PMs thanking him, so please tell him that we miss him and he'll have a very warm welcome when he returns!Thank you!sig.png
i second that

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i second that
Yes, yes, yesss! Thank GregF for being awesome!

Spinning in my office chair right now. Nice, great to have an update after so long!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

No! Not Velika! I loved the 06 Matoran, and it's a shame to lose such a unique and distinct personality like his. I was hoping against hope it would be Krahka or Gavla, they're two characters I could care less about losing as a character, but Velika? I didn't want to lose any 06 characters, TBH, except perhaps Umbra, it would've suited him. That is a terrible shame, it really is.

Edited by Toa Makao

zaktancopyja2.png

Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)

------ is Greg Farshtey's favorite Matoran.Now we know why. I couldn't get the spoilers to work, so I just dashed it out.

Edited by bonesiii
Adding spoiler tags -bones

Yeah, so I'm back. I'm ACDC997 on Minecraft and Star Wars BF2.

I was Toa of Stupidness, but now that im on here again, I deserved a name change.

YES! Finally! This came as a pleasant surprise! It does explain how he spoke in riddles and no one really understood what he said entirely. Awesome to know that Greg gave us something after all this time. Though it's not a serial chapter, I feel more comfortable, like the story is sealed up now.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Right. So....what is the significance of this? Like, I don't really get all this. A character we knew is a different species to what we thought he was. Great. This did always seem like a twist for the sake of having a twist. And given that the story is probably finished, there's no point in this.I just don't get the excitement at such a pointless and lazy attempt at a twist.- Tilius

Right. So....what is the significance of this? Like, I don't really get all this. A character we knew is a different species to what we thought he was. Great. This did always seem like a twist for the sake of having a twist. And given that the story is probably finished, there's no point in this.I just don't get the excitement at such a pointless and lazy attempt at a twist.- Tilius
Just be grateful that we've gotten any word, let alone update, from Greg.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

------ is Greg Farshtey's favorite Matoran.Now we know why. I couldn't get the spoilers to work, so I just dashed it out.

For spoiler tags, just write the following code:
[spoiler]Text you want to hide in spoiler tags[/spoiler]

Which turns out like this:

Text you want to hide in spoiler tags

I honestly don't see what's the huge issue either. The thing is someone will always complain, whether we get new story content or not. :/

Personally, I'm very surprised about the announcement, though not so much about the character choice. Velika makes perfect sense for this, actually. I guess this explains his strange way of talking as well as his skills at inventing and engineering. Thank you for taking your time to reveal this, Mr. Farsthey! :)

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by bonesiii

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Awesome! :DThis certainly saves us a lot of work in compiling a proper list for the official topic (which is now unneeded heh). =D And this just goes to show that patience can be rewarded. Thanks for asking him, and Greg, thanks for the reveal!

And it's awesome that it's the one I was rooting for, for so long, though not the one I actually guessed in the original topic (I was convinced later my guess of Onua was wrong). So cool too that so many others got it. I've watched major theory debates like this for a long time, but I don't know if I've ever seen such a tricky one that so many people guessed right. That was very fun. And to all who suggested various others, good thinking anyways! ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I knew it - it was either him or Kapura. Their personalities were just ... so different.I don't know why so many people are disappointed; I think it adds depth to an already-great character. Plus, if this is the last update ever to the BIONICLE storyline, what a way to end on!

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm not really surprised. But I did just realize that the judgment and motivation of this Great Being could be affected by him going through Karzahni.

You said 'lol good luck' about the prospect of Greg writing another chapter, which makes me think it's not likely. But I do hope we can get some more information from him. Like what he intended to happen in the stories, if they're never going to be finished.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Anybody know who the first person to suggest that character was, out of interest?
I just checked. It was:

danwojo913. From only the ninth reply in the original topic! Wow! And the fourth (original) guess:

I'm gonna go ahead and say Velika, just cause he was always so good at making things, had a "unique view of the world" (acc. to BS01), and always seemed a bit crazy. AKA, typical Great Being. biggrin.gif

:)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wait... I WAS RIGHT. WOO HOO. I'm so glad we finally got some Information. If you could, please Tell Greg that we really appreciate this, and a big thanks from all Bionicle fans. I can't believe I got it right. Velika was the GB all along

Do we know if there will be any further Information? I may have miss-red Erebus' post, but it seems like it's up in the air.-Star

Edited by Starparu

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Velika! I knew it was one of the eccentric Matoran. They were always (in my opinion) the most interesting characters in the Bionicle story.Can't wait for some more news from Greg-via-Erebus!

I'm not really surprised. But I did just realize that the judgment and motivation of this Great Being could be affected by him going through Karzahni.

This is the best theory on his madness that I've seen! It could have twisted the original plan and left him with very odd ambitions. I dearly hope a new chapter is somewhere in the works (though it's very unlikely :P).

Edited by Paleo

i second that
Yes, yes, yesss! Thank GregF for being awesome!
Yes, please tell him we said thank you!Man, I'm SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Not as much because Velika was the Great Being, but because we finally got some news!But frankly, even though I guessed him, he was like my fifth choice. I would have expected Dume or something. Moreover, I would have been extremely happy to see Zaktan to know he was still alive or something. But still, he does make sense. He was always a bit sketchy and mysterious...

Edited by knuckles chaotix
Putting all the spoilers in the spoiler tags -- please remember saying who it was NOT is spoilers too. -bones

Someone should put this on the front page. That would be awesome. cool.png

Anyway, its great to finally learn who the BG is! I never guessed that it would be Velika. I always it would by someone else, like a OoMN Agent or someone like that. But Velika does make sense to me, storywise. I'm just happy that we finally know who he is. :)

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'll be honest, I did not see that one coming.

So, now that we know Velika is the GB, what does this mean for us? I'll be honest, it makes me wonder how or why he let the Piraka get away with taking over Voya Nui so easily. I also wonder does that mean he was depowered until he reached Spherus Magna?

Good to hear Bionicle news after so long.

bzpsig2015.png

So. The identity of the Great Being is revealed.... :/On a different note, if Erebus can contact Greg, then we should get the Greg Discussion rolling again.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Well, that answers that then, eh?

It is interesting to see a Matoran get a comparatively large storyline role again - if only by dint of not being a Matoran. I won't lie though, I'm just the tiniest bit disappointed in bonesiii's original guess of Onua being wrong, but that's just because I'm a drama hound and I'd have been able to wring a good fic or two out of that.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42