The Mata Nui Online Game Returns

There have been various ways to play the classic Mata Nui Online Game since it was removed from the Bionicle website so many years ago, but none have been very official. That has changed recently - Templar Studios, the company who made the game, has posted it on their website for all to enjoy. It's great to have a nice and easy way to go re-experience an old favorite, and maybe this means we'll see more of their Bionicle work making it online soon!View the full article

Anybody on this website who hasn't played the game yet should immediately do so. It really is the way to experience the world of Bionicle.

I'll have to take your advice, then... XD

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is great news because ill finally be able to play the game since i never played it when it was available!

It was on a site with all of the old online games this whole time. I played it earlier, barely managed to free the Ga-Matoran and then it's been loading forever now. :P

EDIT: Didn't realize the aforementioned site had forums. I don't look around it much.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

What I'd like to know is how Pulsate found this? I can't find a link to the game on the Templar website.Although I do have a copy and you can download it from a number of places, it's great that they have put it up. I wonder if they will do the same for MNOG II or others of their old LEGO games (DRC anyone? :rolleyes:).-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This is some of the best news ever. This game brings back so many old memories, and it was what really got me into Bionicle to begin with.

-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I've downloaded it from the Site with forums removed. -B6 and played it some, but not the whole thing. Maybe I'll get serious about it and play all the way through. I do also remember playing it when it was originally on the site many moons ago.

Edited by Black Six

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

Amazingly, it is not the original version from 2001. You'd think if they were bothering to put it up they'd put the version that they'd made themselves.

Pretty sure they made this version themselves, too. The only thing that might differ is if the dialogue is the one modified by LEGO to remove Maori words, but I'd have to check that.EDIT: Just checked and it's the original dialogue.Also guys, please remember not to mention sites with forums.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Amazingly, it is not the original version from 2001. You'd think if they were bothering to put it up they'd put the version that they'd made themselves.

Pretty sure they made this version themselves, too. The only thing that might differ is if the dialogue is the one modified by LEGO to remove Maori words, but I'd have to check that.EDIT: Just checked and it's the original dialogue.Also guys, please remember not to mention sites with forums.-Gata signoff.png

When did that extra section featuring old games come to BIONICLE.com? I think it came after Lego's partnership with Templar ended.

Pretty sure they made this version themselves, too. The only thing that might differ is if the dialogue is the one modified by LEGO to remove Maori words, but I'd have to check that.EDIT: Just checked and it's the original dialogue.Also guys, please remember not to mention sites with forums.-Gata signoff.png

When did that extra section featuring old games come to BIONICLE.com? I think it came after Lego's partnership with Templar ended.

You mean the chapter selection screen? Yes, it came in 2006 when the partnership had ended, but if you pay attention to the file creation dates, the screen was made in 2002. I'd think it was still made by Templar. JMMB commented a long time ago that the MNOG that was released for download was probably supposed to be a CD released, considering for example the autorun.exe and the seemingly pointless matanui.ico file.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Anybody on this website who hasn't played the game yet should immediately do so. It really is the way to experience the world of Bionicle.

Ill go to do it right now :D

This is great news because ill finally be able to play the game since i never played it when it was available!

It was on the Site with forums removed. -B6 this whole time. I played it earlier, barely managed to free the Ga-Matoran and then it's been loading forever now. :P

Yeah i never got a chance to play it tho :(

This great gonna play it again, but when are they gonna release MNOLG 2. Never finished it because I only got to play the glitchy rerelease.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

This great gonna play it again, but when are they gonna release MNOLG 2. Never finished it because I only got to play the glitchy rerelease.

You can download fixed versions of MNOG II in a number of places.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

You can download fixed versions of MNOG II in a number of places.-Gata signoff.png

Sadly, the only places where they are available are sites with forums, so we can not mention them, if you really wan't to download it, here is a link to my mediafire version: http://www.mediafire.com/?sid5gdmi5zikod8

I'm back!

Sadly, the only places where they are available are sites with forums, so we can not mention them, if you really wan't to download it, here is a link to my mediafire version: http://www.mediafire.com/?sid5gdmi5zikod8

I think it can be downloaded from other places as well, like BIOsector01.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I think it can be downloaded from other places as well, like BIOsector01.-Gata signoff.png

It seems not, hower it already links to the Templar site :)

I'm back!

Thanks for posting :)

My offline version was saved at the very end, and it didn't allow me to replay :(

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

This is great news - Not only is there a place to play it other than the site which unfortunately added forums, but More importantly, this is on the official website of the people who created it, which just feels good overall. And oh, the Nostalgia, even though I've played it countless times before.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Is it just me, or does it run slower than the offline version I have? Although thats not a bad thing, I've missed getting the chance to see the little Mata Nui island loading image.

Of course it's slower. Loading times still do exist on the Internet even today. :P And know what, I actually enjoy them on this game. ^_^-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This is quite an enthralling piece of news. I never did "get into", if you will, the Mata Nui Online Game when I was younger; now that I'm older, perhaps I'll enjoy the game more. I've heard of glitches, though -- does this version still have them?

There's hardly any glitches in any version. You might be thinking of its sequel.

It's so refreshing to play through MNOG again after so long, especially without having to download it. I only hope this stays up. Maybe, if we're lucky, we might get MNOG 2 as well. This is probably one of the most memorable games in all of Bionicle.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Not too big a deal for me, since I put it on my computer back when Lego released the download-able version, and I even have a copy saved on a separate drive. :P But I did play through this, and it's a bit slower than the one I have. And somehow I find this nostalgic...

Also, didn't Templar have this game up once long ago and BZPers discovered it and then crashed their site playing it? :P

:music:

Uh oh, I just discovered a glitch with this version.

In Po-Koro, when you give the infected Koli ball to Turaga Onewa, there's no red arrow in the text box. This means that, unless you skip ahead by selecting a chapter in the main menu, there's no way for you to advance from this point. -_-

Instead, I'll just have to play the version on that other site we're not allowed to mention. ;)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.