• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Video Game You Last Played?

Video Games

• Please log in to reply
967 replies to this topic

#961 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 361 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2018 - 11:06 PM

I've been waiting a long time for this, but now I'm finally ready to play through all those Lego video games on my Steam account. (But since I can set aside only two days per week, it'll probably take me over a month to complete each of these games, so it's fair to say that I'll be busy for quite a while.)

First up; LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - the Video Game

Of all the Lego games that came out prior to the Lego Movie, this was the only one I originally had any interest in, so it seemed like a natural choice for me to try first. I've only just started playing today, but I'm already liking it.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

#962 Offline Nescent

Nescent
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Rahi Wrangler

• 15-May 09
  • 2,877 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 05 2018 - 12:59 AM

The Talos Principle.

IetTsFQ.png

#963 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

The Hip Historian Iaredios
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,867 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2018 - 08:43 PM

XCOM 2, and Jet Set Radio Future

line.gif

lothlorien_stainedglass_banner.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#964 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2018 - 02:18 PM

Tesla vs Lovecraft

It hasn't actually released yet (launching late January, 20-something), but there are some perks to being a reviewer  :D

It's a funky twin-stick shooter mashing bonkers fantasy Nikola Tesla inventions like a mech, teleportation backpack and electric weapons with Lovecraftian horrors as enemies, and it's a ridiculous amount of fun. Levels are really bite-sized - think 2-3 minutes each - but the whole game has a lot of content going for it, and it's great entertainment. It's also really, really silly. 

but in a good way

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#965 Offline Artful Artificer

Artful Artificer
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 06-June 03
  • 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 05 2018 - 10:28 PM

Darkest Dungeon

Fun little dungeon crawler of sorts where you fighting eldritch horrors in order to reclaim the land your ancestor essentially forsake in his conquest of power and greed. It's fun and decently challenging. Actually, it's a very challenging game. I made it easier on myself and still find difficulties and hard moments, but it's a fantastic game. The style is great, the aesthetics on point, and the narration is nothing short of amazing.

Definitely the sort of game I like coming back to when I have the time to.

#966 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2018 - 12:18 PM

Press preview of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Embargo was lifted yesterday, so this comment shouldn't get me blacklisted  :P

The game is huge amounts of fun. The combat is a tad challenging, but then you can always level up a few times and return to encounters that got the best of you - unavoidable progression encounters are decently balanced. Challenging, but fair. The new setting, the Deadfire Archipelago reminds me of Bionicle so much. Despite every locale being a tropical island, there are multiple separate biomes. From a lush jungle island I went over to a desert island no unlike Po-Wahi. 

Interestingly enough, Maori culture and language was used as inspiration and basis in POE2 as well. Tribe chieftains are, for example, called Ranga Nui, which is basically " great leader". 

It's mostly a prettied up POE with a bunch of refinements, but I'm okay with that since POE was near perfect. Then there is the whole ship thing, the biggest addition to the game which really is game changing. Ship combat is unlike something I've encountered in a game before, and I love sailing around the map. Can't wait for the game's full release (which I'll be reviewing  :D  )

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#967 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-March 04
  • 361 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2018 - 10:55 PM

I finished LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean last week. I have to say, this is definitely one I'd consider among my favorites. Being rather small and quick among Lego games (such as my old favorite, the Lego Movie Videogame), I feel like this is something that I can later come back to and play entirely through all over again without wasting too much time. In fact, I'm sure I could've finished this game a week earlier had I not wasted so much time collecting studs in the hub area between every level, but I guess that'll happen when I have no idea how much I'll actually need for all possible purchases (nor the fact that it turns out I get a huge stud bonus for collecting all ten minikits in a level, with a really massive bonus for doing so in every level). Either way, even though I've just recently started going through all these Lego games, Pirates of the Caribbean is one that I'd definitely rank among my favorites.

Next game for me; LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4

My expectations for this game are rather low (I've got it early on my list of Lego games to play, mostly because I just want to get it over with and move on to the better ones), but I'm still going to try it and see for myself if this game is any good or not (and hopefully I won't encounter any of those infamous glitches I've heard about).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

#968 Offline Nescent

Nescent
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Rahi Wrangler

• 15-May 09
  • 2,877 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 14 2018 - 02:28 PM

I started another playthrough of SOMA. Also played the ###### out of Subnautica, and beat The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna. And started playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

IetTsFQ.png

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users