BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: 

rite k

i got this

IC: Pirates

The Captain's face, already a look of rage, albeit one partially hidden by his rather... large form, was hard-pressed to morph into something that displayed the hate for the man before him.  Around him, his men were being thoroughly swept across the deck by trained guardsbeings and somewhat more skilled pirates alike, though he seemed to pay it no mind.  One of his ships was sinking and the other had been taken over by some ​motley group of pirates to fire upon the first.  Rather than attempt to retain some form of order, the captain had disregarded everything else to stop the men who dared fire upon his ship with... his ship.

With a movement that was far too quick for someone of his size, the captain lunged forward towards Lohkar, his cutlass slicing a short arc through the air in an attempt to cleave the Lesterin in two.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Lohkar)

With characteristic nimbleness, Lohkar ducked under the Skakdi's swipe, bending his knees almost frog-like to bring him close to the ground. He then sprang up and forwards while his opponent's sword was still following-through, swinging the guard of his sabre up to strike the Skakdi in the chin: an easy target, since he had several of them.

The huge man reeled back, clutching his blubbery jaw.

"What's wrong, mate, no comeback?" the Lesterin jeered. "And not even answerin' me question, tut tut. No manners. I bet ya talk with your mouth full, too."

He flourished his sword.

"Although I'll admit that can't be too difficult for ya. That thing must be big enough to 'ave compartments."

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Piratest Pirate the Never Did Pirate

Either his jaw was too injured for him to respond in kind, or he was far too angry to even begin to think of what words to use in reply.  Judging by the fact that his burning gaze fixed itself on the man before him, it was easy enough to guess which.  And so the Skakdi came at Lohkar again, the deck creaking under his weight as he closed the distance between them with two heavy steps, his jewel-encrusted sword glinting in the sunlight as he slashed at Lohkar's torso.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Veteran. 

"The team were told to attempt to assist with the evacuation, but we'll basically side with whoever pays us first. We're neutral, after all. Now, as for the test, yes, there is one. You'll be made to face off agaisnt an existing member of the group. But since most of them are off at Ko-Koro, that may have to wait for a while." He stopped at the edge of the crater, looking around. "Where the karz is Scholar?" 

IC: (Rekhyt)

Rekhyt looked thoughtful.

"Right, that makes sense...from what I've heard, the Makuta side are winning...maybe it would be better to go with the people who will kill you all if they win and you're on the opposing side?"

Kathok

OOC: Pulling BZPtime to the Lavapool.

IC: Kouyran Scholar (Ta-Koro)

Scholar saw Veteran standing beside a gunmetal Toa with accents of gold on his armour as he ran down the street. He skidded to a stop next to the beings, out of breath from running across half the Koro, and said:

"Hi there! I'm Scholar! Pleased to meet you!", interspersed with panting from his exertion.

VBWj75sh.png

Veteran shrugged. "Maybe the team already did that. I  dunno. I don't give the orders, I just find more people to follow them." he turned to see scholar rushing up to meet them. "It's about bloody time that you got back here." he scowled. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"This is Scholar, the buddy of mine I mentioned to ya earlier," Veteran explained to Rekhyt. "As to your question, Scholar, we'll be headin' through Ga-Wahi to pick up another potential recruit, before either meeting up with Zero in Le-Wahi, or heading straight back to the base here in Ta. Any other questions mates, or shall we set off? " 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I had completely taken over the room.

Papers were strewn in seemingly random places all over the floor. Leftover food containers could be found in various corners. Books took up much of the table spaces, piled high with topics ranging from local geography to island history. And in the center of it all were a series of maps that would make any conspiracy theorist proud: pictures of Mata-Nui with scribbles inked all over them, pins sticking out of specific locations with yarn attaching them like a type of misshapen spider web with the Kini-Nui complex in the center of it all. I sat cross-legged in the middle of it, studying that map intently, as if I was waiting for it to move.

*sluuuuuuuurrp*

I furrowed my brow as I took in another mouthful of noodles, trying to piece together this puzzle before me. I sighed before leaning back and collapsing on a pile of paperwork, sheets gently flying upward and floating back down to earth. I didn't know how long I had been at this; right after the blacksmith I hit up the Guard Archives and the public library, grabbing as much information about the Crystal Temples as I could and settling into this reading space. All I knew was the sun had gone down and that the noises downstairs had ceased, so either they were closed or were going to soon... no, they had to be closed already, it was far to late for that. 

And of course there is practically no information on the temples. Anything anyone knows if from my expedition... which really isn't much.

I closed my eyes and rubbed the bridge of my mask in an attempt to shake off the weariness and tiredness. The temples were the key, but how to unlock them... again... was the issue. As I laid there I felt my mind begin to wander, and this time I let it. Perhaps it I stopped trying so hard a solution would prevent itself...

"So, wait, you mean to tell me there's a transportation system on Mata-Nui!?"

I stood there looking at my tutor, an incredulous look on my face. The Toa, hands clasped behind his back, slowly turned to face me. We were standing amidst a series of moving pictures and images, things and knowledge being forced upon me. Even as he moved the images pulled back, to which I silently breathed. I would happily take a break even if it meant another admonition from him.

"Teleportation system, not a transportation system - there's a difference." he said sharply, as if I was supposed to get the difference. "One allows for instant individual movement over long distances, the other implies larger loads or numbers over the same distance." He frowned at my blank face.

"It's like a Kualsi verses a well-traveled highway."

"Oh. Right."

"Not only that but it was under your nose the entire time you were there."

"Wait, can we back up - this system is based out of Kini-Nui?"

He was silent for a moment, as if contemplating how to best explain a complex idea. I had come to quickly know that look, just as quickly becoming tired of it was well; one can only take so much like being treated like a child.

"Kini-Nui has far more importance and the temple far larger than you give it credit for," he said finally, speaking in slow, low tones. "There is a reason its centrally located, and why Makuta moved in when he took over. He is one with the darkness, so he seeks to hide and obscure what was once commonly known. This is how you managed to get to the Keeping Place at all - you teleported there via the back door."

I raised my hands up in the air. "Okay, okay, teleportation nexus, former important place, much larger than before. I get it. But what the karz does that have to do with the Crystal Temples? I mean sure, they were there to keep the gems safe, but that's all they were meant for. For Mata-Nui's sake I was inside all of them and that's all there was - it was one grand storage vault for these 'crystal keys'. Nothing else. I mean that revelation within itself was a shocker; all we thought they were was some simple, old worship sites from antiquity, at best significant religious locations from the deep past. There isn't anything else there - I looked, personally, and there aren't any records about them either. I mean it's as if-"

"-as if the just suddenly appeared one day long ago, nobody knowing how or who put them there?"

My mouth froze in mid-sentence as he finished my thought for me, my jaw slightly slack as I stared at him. Slowly I closed my mouth, just staring at him as he gave me a ghost of a sad smile.

"No, you DON'T get it. There is something you must learn Joske - nothing on Mata-Nui is what it seems to be. It's like an onion; once you peel back one layer, you find out that there's another. The buildings and structures on your home island have far more important and far-reaching implications than you or anyone else think, and that's the doing of Makuta. He spent every effort to erase as much past as possible, to blind and deafen you to the truth. He had his reasons, and they're very good ones, but this is why I'm telling you this now. Now that the Maru sent Makuta away everything that he has been suppressing is slowly coming to light, both the good and the bad; and unless there are individuals who have the knowledge of it there is every chance your society will simply fall apart or succumb to the forces that have been unleashed upon it. You are not the only one who is realizing this, not by far, but since Takua made you his heir it's your job to bear a decent portion of that weight. It will lessen in time as you begin to open people's eyes and empower them to take on the burden and fight themselves, but until then you're stuck with it."

He paused for a moment, letting me soak it all in. He looked at me hard, speaking so softly I barely hear him.

"I hope Takua chose wisely."

He seemed to snap back to the present, resuming his tutor-like demeanor. "So, Joske, are you ready to learn about the Crystal Temples?"

Slowly I blinked, opening up my eyes, finding myself staring at the ceiling. Was that a dream, or a memory? It was getting harder to tell as I resumed my normal life here instead of residing in Legend. Perhaps a side effect? I shook my head, chasing away the sleepies.

Sitting up I wondered how long I was out. Minutes? Hours? It was still dark outside so I couldn't tell, but at least I had a partial answer. I needed allies, more than just my old team, and I needed to start letting people in on the know. I needed to start empowering them so that they could fight back at the growing darkness themselves instead of placing their bets on a single group of heroes.

Myself and the Maru had our places, but we couldn't be everywhere. The general populous, on the other hand, could.

But I had to do this carefully. Zaktan and those 'Piraka' whatever they call themselves know who I am and that I'm here, and I'm sure Echelon won't be far behind.

Springing into action I began to clean up, sorting papers and rolling up my maps as hastily as I could. I may not know exactly what direction I needed to go to solve this, but I knew my first step: allies. And there was only one person in Ta-Koro who I knew I could explicitly trust AND had the position of power to help begin the counteroffensive.

Angelus.

OOC: Tyler, I'm coming for you :P

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC, Nilyn: Nilyn kept walking down the street, still looking at her iStone and not paying attention to where she was going.

OOC: Nilyn open for interaction

IC Mistral

"Mata Nui, air here is horrible..."

Mistral's shopping trip to Ta-Koro may had been ill-advised. The "legendary volcanic cotton" she had heard about turned out to not be so legendary after all, and Mistral was currently choking on the ash, to boot. It had been a mistake coming here...

"Crave-need cool, fresh air... Maybe take the ground-path to Ga-Koro-whoa!"

Mistral almost crashed into a Matoran who's head was looking down at an iStone. "Don't text and walk," she finally said, composing herself; she was relieved it wasn't something worse.

OOC: Actually Nilyn is a Toa of Lightning, not a Matoran, but that's okay

IC, Nilyn: Nilyn was so busy looking down at her iStone that she didn't notice the Turaga in her way until it was too late.

*BUMP!*

"Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am! Are you alright?" asked Nilyn, worried she had hurt the Turaga on accident.

"Don't text and walk," replied the Turaga.

"I wasn't texting- I was going over potential archaeological digs," said Nilyn. "But you're right- I should pay more attention to where I'm going."

IC:

"That's the cool thing about letting your feet waver along the thin blue line a little bit, baby. You get to have more fun, and as long as you're tough, you still get that quenching feeling from fighting the good fight. Evil people? They get off all the time on that . They revel in it. If you don't get a chance to march to your own drum, why would you ever want to fight as a good guy?" I smiled and shrugged lazily with one bare shoulder, lifting my arm up and grabbing the bedpost above Skyra's head. "That's why I do what I do and sleep through the night, Sky. I make the bad stuff good, and the good stuff fun."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Yeah." I looked at Skyra a second and then rolled over closer to her, holding myself up on my side and grinning wolfishly. "But hey, what do I know? I'm a bipolar dick who kills people."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You just crossed the line from making questionable hot guy-centric drunk decisions to brazenly trying to seduce me." I sat up straight in bed and lassoed my arms around Skyra's neck. "Want breakfast?"

"Yessssss...."

I could feel my grin become something lazy on my face, charming and crooked when I leaned in for another kiss. Everything felt upside down. Like, in my head, I was on the bottom of some buoy, gasping mouthfuls of water while I bobbed up and down against a wave. Or maybe I'd just spent so much time before I imploded my relationship with Tuara - with everyone - that I'd forgotten what a fling felt like. 

"Pancakes or nothing."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I'll take that as a 'Sure, Dor, pancakes it is!'" I mouthed with a wink, pushing the covers back with my foot and standing up. Skyra kept clinging to my waist, and landed on her feet after me. "Favorite kind of berry?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The staircase wound, serpentine, down to the ground floor of the loft, but the final step down was a little hazardous to klutzes and drunks, so I lifted Skyra up into the air by her biceps and plopped her down onto her feet at the base of the dining room carpet. The Gukko Force commander - hard to believe that the lithe, smoking loose cannon who I'd hooked up with last night happened to be the same cop who once tried to have me arrested and sent to certain death in Le-Koro for ~TRUTH AND JUSTICE~ - looked around for the kitchen, and I put my hands on her shoulder blades and push-guided her to the ornate table across from the range.

"I own almost as many aprons as I do accessories," I explained, fishing a handful out of the cabinet and tossing them down on the table - black, sky blue, dark blue, another black with a pattern of my grinning face on it (custom order), an apron made of various scarves (I didn't remember that one...probably Grokk's work), and, because I love cliche - a white apron, reading KISS THE COOK; again, with my face filling up the two OO's. I closed my eyes and covered them with my palm dramatically.

"Pick one. Any one. I bet I can guess what it is."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I stepped outside, the air ever so slightly cooler than normal. To any other being the change in temperature would have been imperceptible, but not to Ta-Matoran and their ilk. It was the pre-dawn "chill" of Ta-Koro, or at least as cool as it got with a city in the middle of an active volcano. In fact it was hard to tell most days if it was light or dark, day or night with all the smoke and ash in the air, the orange-red light of the lava reflecting back and otherwise obscuring the sky most days. It was just something you learned living here, and apparently I spent all night in that library; at least I got some sleep. Strangely enough I felt awake and quite alert despite the fact that that was my first real shut-eye since well... honestly I don't remember. It had been that long. I guess my body was reveling in the fact that I actually got some sleep rather than lamenting the lack of it. Speaking of sleep, I hope Angelus got a decent night of it.

Because in a few minutes I was going to turn his world upside down.

There were very few people out in the streets at this hour, meaning my walk to Guard HQ was uneventful. Captain Angelus. Now that was something I was still getting used to. I was used to calling Jaller that, but now that he ran the Koro he had a different title and responsibilities... and by the time I got used to calling Tuara that Angelus took over. Talk about rollover positions.

The bell dingled, signalling my entrance to the building, but to my surprise I didn't see anyone. If there was no-one here it would normally be locked...

I glanced over at the secretary's desk, seeing a brightly-colored tote bag. Ah, right, must have just gotten in and was setting up everything for the day before the rest of the Guard showed up for shift exchange. Which meant Angelus probably wasn't in yet and-I raised and eyebrow.

Hello what's this?

I didn't know what it was the drew her in, the smell of the coffee or the sound the machine made when brewing it, but all I knew was that a few minutes later the matoran came huffing in, surprised to see a Ta-Toa leaning casually against the counter, pouring himself a large cup of coffee. I smiled and raised the cup.

"Morning! I'm the Captain's seven a.m. appointment."

She looked flummoxed. "C...C-Captain Angelus? He's not here-"

"Oh, I know. I have no problem waiting."

I strode over to the waiting area and sat down, leaning back, kicking my legs up, and having no issues making myself at home. I took a moment to take a long slurp of the hot beverage. "I gotta say, your guys' coffee has improved since my old Guard days."

"Who... who ARE you?"

I paused for a moment before answering. "A former Lieutenant... checking in on a old friend. And to see if he's taking care of that magical sword the mask in the sky gave to him."

I smiled cheekily at myself. That meant absolutely nothing to her, but it would be a dead giveaway to him as to my identity seeing how I looked nothing like my old self anymore.

Oh how times change.

I took another long sip.

OOC: Ready whenever you are Tyler :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg