BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Tharros (Mangai Catacombs)

"Somebody talk to the plant! Keep it busy!"

Filled with courage and fury, Tharros Toa of Fire stepped forward. He banged his sword against his shield and called forth, "Great botanic beast and enslaver of mine own, hear my words and heed them!"

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox disguised his voice, hoping not to have another close encounter, and shouted, "Heed my words as well! We gathered together to defeat you, and defeat you we will!" The Turaga desperately hoped that the creature would not recognize him.

IC: Denerium - Mangai Tunnels -

Denerium decided to help out his fellow Turaga, he wasn't all the useful for anything else. "That's right, you heathenous creature! Your plans and ambitions are in vain! Not only will they fail, you garden reject, but you will be utterly destroyed by your own folly...you waste of plant matter!" 

With what little elemental power the Turaga possessed, a coconut formed in his palm, he then chucked it at the creature. 

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Well, there’s our distraction.

The bombastic toa of fire would do the trick, Lucira thought, but when Sanguivox confronted the beast she tensed.  Hopefully all he would do was talk to the thing, but she couldn’t be sure.

IC Mirin:

"I'll try and free the Matoran, my mask should let me go in noticed."

The water Toa activated her mask, slinking out of view.

OOC: Once again, really sorry I've taken so long to post for you guys. Life keeps finding ways to slash your free time and drain your motivation/inspiration.

IC

Denerium's coconut bounced harmlessly off the creature's mottled 'skin', but nonetheless elicited a shiver of irritation from the monstrosity.

"WE DO NOT WISH TO HEED YOU, LITTLE THINGS!" it said. "WE TOLD YOU TO GO! RUN! OR WE WILL HURT YOU AS YOU HAVE HURT US!"

"Well, I was hoping for a slightly more subtle distraction, but beggars can't be choosers," Loraan muttered. "All right. Lucira, I don't think it can read our minds—it sounded to me like it just meant the minds of its thralls. If it could read our minds I doubt we'd even be having this conversation. Regardless...I agree. We need to free these people before it forces them to fight us, but we can't let our guard down against the thing's tentacles. So yes, anyone with strong ranged capabilities, focus on the plant. Everyone else, go for the thralls. Now, we just have to wait until Mirin makes the first move, and then..."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Kihohiki

"The bloody Makuta worshippers," He spat. "and so far nobody seems brain enough to try and sneak in there."

Wait, why was he talking to him again?

IC:

"WOOOOAH whoa whoa hold on for a second here!"

Lumira stalked over to where the creepy old man was standing, ignoring all laws of self-preservation and suspicion -- which, perhaps, will give you a sense of just how much this news had affected our young protagonist.

"What are you talking about, Makuta worshippers control Ko-Koro?" she demanded, paused, and promptly added, "And don't get all snarky about it!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: "And I don't accept it." I smiled slightly as I entered the room, straightening back to my full height after Kass closed the door. I pulled the backpack off again, undoing the strap and pulling both bundles out of it, setting them on the plain wooden table that every hotel room seemed to have. Sure enough, there were spots where the cloth had slipped and metal was peeking through. I sighed, touching the strings bound around the fabric, absorbing their plant fibers with barely a thought. The wrappings fell to the sides, revealing two beautifully crafted swords, both made out of the same material my katana and Kass' talons were--but there, the similarities ended. 

The larger of the two weapons was extraordinarily well balanced, a hand and a half sword that likely felt as though it was only a longsword. Emphasis on likely. Neither I nor Kass could actually use the thing. It was a shame too: it was very, very sharp and covered in etchings, one side of the blade a darker alloy than the other, a set of scales engraved on the hilt where the crossguard met the handle. Of course, after Kass' experience with her talons, there wasn't really any guarantee that what the sword currently looked like was what it actually was. Same thing went for the lighter, smaller blade next to it. No telling if its understated elegance was real, if the light runic engravings on its blade and pommel were its actual appearance.

"So... Where do you want to look today?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Mirin:

She approached one of the Matoran, examining the plant on his neck.

Mirin frowned. What she was about to do was risky, and she wasn't even sure if it would work.

Concentrating, she formed a small, compressed slice of water, and with all the presicion she could manage, drove it clean through the base of the parasitic implant along the matoran's skin.

IC: Kassiopeia

Kassiopeia shrugged, the movement easy and sedate.  Her bright eyes flicked over the two weapons, before eyeing her own.  So, maybe Ta-Koro had been her idea, she thought it would be nice to wander around the old streets and alleyways.  Even if the Guard had gotten that much more strict in recent years, not to mention Sir Knight In Wooden Armor, and it made acquiring obviously unwanted things from passerby's pockets.

"We could try the Guard," She suggested, throwing out ideas that left a bitter taste in her mouth. "I mean, I guess they'd be kinda in line with what we're going for, right?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Kihohiki

Kihohiki held back a smirk based on Lumira's reaction. "Oh sure, don't believe me? walk into Ko-Koro, declare your allegiance to pretty much anyone else... And see how fast they shred you."

"I can only imagine how many people they have welled up in there... Not even counting prisoners." He glared up at Lumira. "But last I checked, you had some more important business to attend to."

IC: "Maybe we oughta consider the idea of him being a crazy old man." Ash postulated, extending a hand in a gesture that mimicked the presentation of something. "You know, with all this stuff he's spewing just him being... well, crazy and old. Ain't there a word for that?"

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC: Larvi

"Uh, Ko-Koro is a village here, right? If it was... under attack, wouldn't there be, um, some news of it? I don't know..." I spoke, trying to get the world out. I personally leaned towards the 'old man is a raving nutcase' side of the question myself. And either way, Makuta worshipers just screamed evil cult.

I really didn't want to deal with evil cults. They do stuff like sacrifice you to volcanoes or eat your organs. 

"I'm uh... with Ash here."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Praxis

He chuckled.

"Pff. 'An army of Makuta-worshippers'. Please. I'll believe that when I see it."

Then he looked around, remembering that all he was gonna see with this lot here hills and grass.

"Though I really could do with a change of scenery. And less boring company. You're a real s**tter, old geezer, but that kinda makes you entertaining."

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Dessa

"Just to here from southern Po-Wahi. Not too much of a trek, but there's a lot to pack."

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Torana

She just smirked at the bickering and quietly took another sip of her coffee.

Edited by Perpendicular

IC: Naohi [Ta-Koro {Magma Lounge}]

The tiny green matoran clambered up onto a barstool withwhat looked like far too much effort for the task, before speaking up,

"I would like, um, One Alchohol please!"

IC (As Fupa): The Lesterin of jungle ordered a glass of water before speaking to Naohi. "What's life like as a matoran back in Le-Wahi?"

"Hm, well it was kinda..." She trailed off, trying to search her near-empty mind for memories of her probable home, "-Kinda Green, I think?"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC Lain

"Aye, and how do ya know this, old man?" He half-wanted to tack on a couple sentences about the last time Ko-Koro had made his bed, fed him, sheltered him or really done anything for him at all and how those times were non-existent.

But he was trying to be somewhat sociable.

...but close to it

IC (Lohkar)

"I suppose..." came a voice from the bar as Reordin and his gang of charismatic misfits friends prepared to leave, "...you gents are plannin' on trekkin' all the way to Ko-Koro on foot?"

Lohkar dropped his empty tankard down on the bar and turned to face the soon-to-be travellers, sporting his patented I've got a brilliant idea grin.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"Well..." She picked up the small glass in front of her as she spoke, "I was following this guy, who was leading me to Ta-Koro. I can't remember his name but...." She took a small sip, made a sour face, and put the glass back down, "I'm pretty sure he was green too?"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

"Well..." She picked up the small glass in front of her as she spoke, "I was following this guy, who was leading me to Ta-Koro. I can't remember his name but...." She took a small sip, made a sour face, and put the glass back down, "I'm pretty sure he was green too?"

IC (As Fupa): "Was he a toa, skakdi, vortixx, Lesterin or something weird?" The Lesterin asked. She didn't find Naohi's words to be believable.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.