BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Mariko): 

The dark Toa had quietly watched the knife-throwing match. The contestants were good, though he felt for some throws their wrists were a degree or two off to get the perfect throw in. Still, impressive.

He continued to sit and sip. Eventually he joined the conversation again. 

"Why not quit?" he asked Alfon. "Guards need bodies with badges on patrol. If that's not the life for you neither them or you gain anything."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Alfon

"You're probably right." I said, this time to the stranger. "And odds are I will quit. Right now, I'm just trying to get my act together before I kick the can. Thought this 'vacation' would be a good time to do that."

I shuffled my weight onto the table, sitting on it now.

"By the way, what did you say your name was?"

IC: Jedaros

Jedaros thought as he walked, looking up at the comparatively smokey sky.

Even if he DID want a job in the Guard, where would he go?

Did he ACTUALLY?

Did he feel up to it?

If he was so unsure of himself, why hadn't he just dismissed the thought?

OOC:Jedaros, still open for interaction.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC: Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one sidedly!

-==IC: Elly - Guard HQ==-

A pink armoured Toa hummed to herself as she walked through the halls of the Guard HQ. Practice had gone well, and the Toa was in a good mood because of it. She twirled the collapsed bo staff in her hand, and was passing by the entrance to the Captain's office, when she paused, and noticed someone she didn't recognize... and that was always fun. Smiling smugly, she approached the one she supposed was a new recruit.

"Hello!"

• Upvote 1

IC: Snapped roughly out of his reprieve by a high-pitched and decidedly female "Hello!", Jolek looked down to find a young guardswoman (probably close to his age, even) beaming up at him in a manner that looked unsettlingly close to one he'd seen on a recently-fed Doom Viper in the jungle. That was weird.

He shrugged mentally, figuring it'd take all types to make the guard run. 

I mean, me, a guy like Karaihe, and Brontes all come from the same batch of recruits. Probably nothing, right?

His instincts wept openly as they felt themselves dulling. Sadly ignorant of this, he thrust the open end of the bag towards the considerably shorter Toa, in an open offering and gesture of goodwill.

"Hey there. Want one?"

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly's smile faltered for a brief moment as she was caught off guard by the offer of food. Her smile returned in full force, however, as she placed her bo staff under her arm. She then took one of the fries, and proceeded to nibble on it, as she looked over the new person.

"So... New around here?" Elly asked cheerfully as a test; the answer would determine her response... And she was so ready.

IC: Dahkapa (Ta-Koro Hospital | With Brontes)

He nodded, a faint smirk appearing on his face. "Very well, I just hope that you won't be too terrified of the scars and wounds beneath it. They're quite.. gruesome. And please, no need to handle me as if I was a furious murderer."

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

"I agree.  Your people never seem to be the furious kind.  Brontes? Go ahead and take his mask."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: A short nod in the affirmative. "Yeah. Still adjusting, 'specially considering it seems like Angel-- er, The Captain," he corrected himself, obviously still needing to make the distinction between when to be thinking 'friend' and 'superior officer' of the Ta-Toa.

"Seems like he's got me working on something pretty crazy right off the bat. Soon as my papers got processed he dragged me over here."

A deliberate pause as he mulled that over for the umpteenth time.

"...Anyways," he continued, shaking his head and turning his focus back to Elly. "Need something, Ma'am? I probably need to stick around." he asked, swiping another fry from the lighter and lighter bag.

Sixteen.

helo frens

IC Brontes

True to his word, his face was horribly mutilated underneath. I shrugged, snarking that I'd seen worse. It wouldn't do to let myself respond negatively in a way he'd be able to see. Tucking the Hau into my satchel, I place my arm on his shoulder and began to walk him through the streets.

Soon enough, we arrived at Guard HQ. I briefly hesitated, was there something procedural I was forgetting?

• Detain and handcuff the arrestee
  • Confiscate their Kanohi, weapons and technological items
  • Alternatively, fit the blinders used for skakdi onto them
  • ?

In his current state, Dahkapa wouldn't be hurting anyone. I had enough voltage charged to instantly incapacitate him if he did try anything... so, I walked him to the door, pushing it open with my free left arm and bringing him into the lobby.

...but close to it

Elly hid a smirk. And the bait has been taken.

"Hm... Now that you mention it..." Elly said, feigning innocence. "Could you do me a favour? I needed some Taku wash to use for the band hall, but I'm much too busy to get it, so could you fetch it for me?" Elly asked, a trace of smugness coming through in her smile.

IC: Denrika sighed. She was always jumping at nothing. The ta-matoran got up, and headed to the kitchen side of the room.

She was tired. Better to just cook something and sleep.

IC: Kalyss was done walking the streets trying to find the answers within herself. She had been looking for Mura; the others had already returned to their house. The Koro wasn't that big, she would find him sooner or later.

And, sure enough, as the Su-Toa turned the street corner, she saw him with several others. Increasing her stride, she walked towards the matoran.

OOC: Timage, just do what you do. 000... what's going on?

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: He was just getting back to his house for the night...should we timeskip to the morning so we can get things moving?

IC: Mura - Ta-Koro

I turn to see Kalyss, to my surprise. "Hello," I say earnestly, "Er...what are we doin-- that is to say, where are we going, and when?"

Kathok

IC: Something about this seems off...

"Maybe. Where is it?" he asked, halfway letting an edge of "why-can't-you-get-it-yourself?" slip into his voice as he frowned at the still snakishly smirking De-Toa. He wasn't sure what was going on, but it felt a bit suspect for him to not question things a little.

helo frens

Oh, the poor Toa. Elly thought, as she feigned surprise. "You don't know where to find Taku wash? I thought it was common around here!" Elly said, but then smiled. "Luckily, I'm here to help!" Elly twirled her bo staff baton, and smiled. "The best place to get it is about halfway across town, in the marketplace. Should be easy to find once there, the bottle is labeled well enough. I'd go myself, but I'm just so busy co-ordinating everything." Elly said, letting a hint of her smug look slip in at the end again.

IC: "What do you coordinate?"

A simple, honest question. He hadn't recognized her at all from any previous encounters with the law, and given how important the fiasco with the Piraka was...

Well, he'd fought alongside the new head of the RRF during it, and met up with both Angel and Jaller after that, so...

Could just be coincidence.

helo frens

"Oh, nothing much, just the marching band, while also being an officer. Private Elly, at your service!" Elly said cheerfully, as she was tempted to increase her voice's volume for the latter part, but didn't, as the rather short De-Toa smiled.

IC: Isn't Private the starting rank?

Am I a Private? What am I?

I mean, Angel's buddy aside.

Her cheer and jubilant-ness was a bit infectious though, and the jungle-bred Fa-Toa found himself returning the grin as he responded.  "Nice to meet ya, Elly. I'm Jolek Highwind, fresh off the recruiting block."

May as well leave rank out of things until that was cleared up.

"Marching band, huh? I don't think I've ever seen one of the parades since I've been here. Heard a lot about 'em though." he mentioned casually, crumpling a now-empty bag into a small, compact, and grease-saturated brown paper ball and crossing his hands behind his back, instinctively shifting his feet out to shoulder-width.

Ingrained deeply into his procedural memory database as a resting position from long-lost (from his episodic memory) martial arts lessons, the transition was seamless and natural.

"Seems like a lot of work."

helo frens

"Oh, it can be, but I'm good at making it all work." Elly said smugly, as she twirled the bo staff again. She threw it up in the air for a moment, and then caught it without any break in the twirling, and smiled, as the Fa-Toa seemed to be impressed by the amount of work she did. As he should. Elly thought just as smugly.

IC: "Well, good on you. Sounds like you're doing a pretty good job of it from what I've heard." he said, seemingly unfazed by the baton twirling beyond eyes casually following it on it's arc up and down.

"Lemme know when the next parade is, then. That is, if we don't get that info already as part of the Guard." he added with a smile.

Wait, if there's a Marching Band...

"Though now you've also got me wondering what other stuff like that we've got here..." he mentioned thoughtfully, placing a hand to his chin and frowning.

helo frens

Elly thought about that as well. "Good question... I think I heard about a tennis group, but I think that person was either hoping too much, or playing a prank." Elly stated casually with a smirk, as she thought for a moment. "Well, I should probably get back to working on stuff... Don't forget the Taku wash." Elly said with a subtle wink, as she began to walk away, spinning the baton once again.

IC: "Tennis, huh..." he muttered thoughtfully, hoping that it was true enough to allow for the possibility of other [preferably combat-based (because he was an overspecialized little trollop)] sports groups to exist.

"Taku wash, right. Where do I bring it to?" he asked, taking a few steps to follow her retreating figure.

helo frens

Elly glanced back with a smile. "Oh, band hall is probably a good place for it." Elly said, very quietly chuckling, making sure to use her powers to make sure that no-one could hear the quiet laughter. "I'll even try and be there personally!" Elly cheerfully waved, noting that she probably wouldn't be there personally, if he found out what it was all about.

IC: Taleen

She turned to look at Mariko, an eyebrow raised.

"No one of consequence? Is that right?" Taleen asked with a tone of innocent curiosity. However as Taleen had learned from experience, people who tried to play themselves off as inconsequential usually were just the opposite. She'd have to keep an eye on this one. People of 'no consequence' could be surprisingly interesting.

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: ...Personally?

Was she laughing just then? I didn't hear it, but I think I saw the shoulders move...

Did I say something funny?

"Band hall. Right then. Later!" the stalwart kickboxer called, waving back at the De-Toa as she continued on her rounds down the hall, humming a cheerful tune she'd probably conducted enough to know in her sleep.

The next five or so minutes were spent looking ponderingly at the door he had been "guarding" during all this, deliberating whether or not to make the run for that Wash.

...The heck's a Taku, anyway?

Rounding a corner and stepping out into the lobby, Jol supposed he'd find out one way or another.

helo frens

IC Brontes

It was chaotic here.

Or perhaps, it was really organized, a normal day. And I was just unused to this much activity going on, maybe a guardsmen bringing in a mutilated prisoner was normal fare for this place. I cleared my throat and walked Dahkapa up past the front desk towards the section of the building I remembered being shown the drunk tank was, desperately hoping someone would take note.

...but close to it

IC: Zenithex - Ta-Koro (Denrika's Appartment)

Sheathing the knife before pulling himself inside of the appartment, Zenithex readied his kusarigama as he began creeping his way towards the kitchen, slowly approaching his prey as he raised the weapon above his head and prepared to swing the blunt end of the sickle down towards the Matoran's.

Another servant shall soon arrive at your side, Ak'rei'an...

Just as you have so gloriously commanded it.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Kalyss shrugged. "Them and the others went back to their place while I was talking with that toa from Ko-Koro. I wasn't really paying attention to where they said they lived. As for your place, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up."

IC: Denrika blinked, then began to turn. Was that something...?

OOC: You can take it from here.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Onuzek

A clap, loud and very clear given the enclosed space of the bar, sounded out from the giant shadow in the corner which just moved.  And actually turned out not to be a piece of slightly purple-hued rock jutting out into the corner of the bar.  Especially when it started to speak.

"Onuzek loves balloons!"

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

I'm not sure whether I fell out of the chair because of shock, or because Onuzek's clap was so frickin' loud that it'd created one of those sonic sound-waves that knocked me to the ground.

Personally, I'm a little more liking to the second option, if only because it doesn't make me sound like a wuss.

Alas....

"Yeah, great to hear, Onuzek, matey," I said, grumbling slightly as I climbed back up to my feet. "On our way to Ko, I'll buy you a balloon."

Maybe that'll keep you from clapping so hard.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Talvoss

Talvoss observed her surroundings as she looked over her axe. She didn't quite remember the details of how she had gotten it, but it most certainly not something from around here. Lasts she checked axes that were also high-impact cannons were not common. At all. Ever since she'd gotten it she had wanted to get into a fight with it, but so far had not had much luck. Talvoss had thus listened to the news in hopes she could find an opportunity to smash something or shoot it in the face.

Ko-Koro had fallen to...someone. Some group of evil lads who decided the best course of action was to kick a bunch of poor villagers out of said village. That sounded like an opportunity.

But if she were to help whatever response was in preparation, if any, she would need two things:

Details, and friends. Allies, whatever.

And perhaps more ammuniton.

With that in mind, Talvoss began walking down the street. There was a bar or something around here, right?

She could use a seat somewhere anyway.

OOC:Talvoss open for interaction.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!