BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Oi, icecube." he called, as his vision corrected itself and saw that he was no longer a target. "Eyes front."

He wove her in with a hand, beckoning her to try and dish out more.

I ain't done yet. Nobody tells a man when he's done that ain't the man himself.

helo frens

IC:

"!!"

A sharp grunt of surprise, and he stopped short, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple.

Stay cool, E. She's just a freakin' guardswoman.

...A guardswoman that feels like a ###### off Kanohi Dragon.

This fight had long since stopped being according to 計画.

TL Note: '計画' Means 'plan'
"You think you can walk all over me, huh? Like I ain't ever feel this before?"  

Despite his bravado, he hadn't yet taken another step forwards, locked in a battle of wills with the Draconian Po-Toa, every fiber of his being on fire with the twin forces of his own refusal to submit, and the sheer unrestrained pressure she was pumping into the atmosphere.

I refuse to lose. I always refuse to lose.

...And yet how many times had he done exactly that, anyway?        

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

IC: Dahkapa (Ta-Koro Hospital | With Brontes and Bohrei)

The cold Toa ignored the Skakdi and focused his gaze on Brontes' eyes. He chuckled dryly after a moment of staring. "Don't you remember me? I was the Toa who had to defend the gates of Ko-Koro alone, while cowards like you ran and hid. Or were you slain and resurrected by Ak'rei'an's faithful and are now just an undead husk, without any memory of the past? Although to be honest, I can see from your eyes that the craven soul is still housed within you.."

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

There was a lot packed into that sentence, and none of it was good.  Automatically, subtly, she put a hand against her bag.  Revolver in the inner pocket.  Six bullets, but none loaded at last check.  Keeping her voice as calm as possible, she made eye contact with the Ice Toa and spoke.  "You're a survivor of the battle at Ko-Koro."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Karaihe - Ta-Koro

I turn sluggishly to see an idiotic red an' orange toa blubbering guff inta the beaut'ful early evenin' air. "Shut it, mate!" I snarl, showing my diamond fangs.  

IC: Raku - Ta-Koro

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!"

He raised his battle hammer and suddenly fire engulfed it. 

It's time to move on.

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro

Ta-Koro was as hot as ever.

Of course, staying out of sight was still a priority for Pae who - despite feeling a little cooked - wore his thick cloak as he, Jin, and Nika made their way through the city, now coming to a small alleyway.

Pae took a glance at his companions. The trip to Ta-Koro had been a silent one - aside from a few short words - as seemed to be the norm with the trio. He had a lot of questions about Aurelia and her associated "turaga killers". Firstly, how she managed to be responsible for the sinking of Xa-Koro? Pae hadn't truly thought it was possibly something one could easily engineer, but it didn't stop him from at least somewhat believing it. His home destroyed by the woman he was now meant to hunt and stop? If Pae was a believer in poetry, he might have felt it something to be cathartic about.

With another look behind him, Pae pushed the door of the small ware-house open and slipped inside, taking off the hood of his cloak while the others stepped inside.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Well, it truly is breathtakin'  how thick some people are, I reflect as my brain bobs about on the swirlin' sea of alcohol. It's so bloody astoundin' that I'm considerin' that I might be hallucinating the sad little toa. I'm so dumbstruck that I actually forget how much I want to fight something for a few seconds.

Ah, I've remembered.

Anger is like being drunk - makes ya fight, but makes ya...wobbly, imprecise. I've gotta make 'im angry to bring 'im down to my sorry level: my stupefied grin jus' manages to widen, and some slowly slurred words spew out: "Aw, do we have a special snowflake?" I ask ponderously, my voice oozing with deadpan sarcasm an' patronizing condescension. My leer twists into a mock-serious pout.

Edited by 000

Kathok

Well, it truly is breathtakin'  how thick some people are, I reflect as my brain bobs about on the swirlin' sea of alcohol. It's so bloody astoundin' that I'm considerin' that I might be hallucinating the sad little toa. I'm so dumbstruck that I actually forget how much I want to fight something for a few seconds.

Ah, I've remembered.

Anger is like being drunk - makes ya fight, but makes ya...wobbly, imprecise. I've gotta make 'im angry to bring 'im down to my sorry level: my stupefied grin jus' manages to widen, and some slowly slurred words spew out: "Aw, do we have a special snowflake?" I ask ponderously, my voice oozing with deadpan sarcasm an' patronizing condescension. My leer twists into a mock-serious pout.

He puts his clawed hand firmly on his shoulder.

"You learn to respect or else bad things can happen"

He smashes his hammer to the ground as a warning, but suddenly a small explosion of fire happens.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Even in my drunken state I can see that this is beyond hilarity. 

"Don't tell me 'bout respect, kid. Once you've been 'round the block a few times you'll learn what's really 'portant." It's almost a shame to have to disembowel this hero wannabe - I almost feel sorry for 'im. "Then again, repectin' me a little more might be nice." I wonder whether I should tell him I'm a Guard or not...nah, I can tell him after I've beaten him to a pulp.

Kathok

Even in my drunken state I can see that this is beyond hilarity. 

"Don't tell me 'bout respect, kid. Once you've been 'round the block a few times you'll learn what's really 'portant." It's almost a shame to have to disembowel this hero wannabe - I almost feel sorry for 'im. "Then again, repectin' me a little more might be nice." I wonder whether I should tell him I'm a Guard or not...nah, I can tell him after I've beaten him to a pulp.

"How did I cause that fire?"

"How does anything work!"

"Is there anyone I can talk to who can explain where I am, WHAT I AM, and what's going on!?"

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

I sigh. So he's a loony...that would 'xplain a lot. Well, I guess I'll have to, have to detain this 'ighly dange'rous madman. What a shame.

Without warnin', I leap forwards from my standing position, hurtlin' towards the toa breakneck speed, one shoulder forwards, preparing to cannon straight into him. He'll have little time to react, and although I'm only a head taller than 'im, I'm twice as wide and thrice as heavy. Besides, a few wimpy fireballs won't do a thing to my tough plate armour. 

Kathok

IC Solvi

"You'd make a good fighter if you learned some pragmatism. Why don't you make yourself a bow and arrow? Staying out of CQC might be wisest in your case..."

The plot was surely ready to move forward, so she attempted to shut down his blustering with half compliment and half burn.

IC Brontes

The unexpected verbal assault left me speechless. It was especially surprising given that a ghost seemed to be giving it to me.

"Dahkapa? I-it wasn't like that!" I shifted uncomfortably under his glare. "I had to leave and get word to the h-hospital! There were dozens of patients there and they didn't know just how close the Legacy was, the city was already lost by that point." I can't manage to keep his gaze any longer and turn to finish talking to the ground "I had to save someone. Even if it meant leaving others behind."

IC Forger

Tearing my eyes from the ruins of the Lavapool, I begin down the street. "Come'on. My place is this way." Down the street we went, taking a western turn at the intersection. The street was a cul-de-sac. Small residential buildings and businesses lining the way. At the leftmost side of the circle was a wide and squat two story house, it stood out slightly more than the others because of the wood and glass in it's design. Reflecting a little bit of Le or Ga-Koran architecture in it's design. The ground floor was mostly occupied by a wide open room, ash, coke and soot still covered the ground. Bellows, anvils and an ornate, grey and long burnt out forge took up the eastern wall, a smoke stack evident on the outside wall.

"Home sweet home."

Leaving a smithy open to the air like that was tradition, thieves weren't too much of a problem here. Good guard in Ta-Koro. There wasn't much to steal any how. I walked to the front door of the house portion, forming the key as approached the handle. It's design was as engraved into my mind as any weapon. The door unlocked with a soft click and soundlessly opened, leaving a trail in the dusty floor. Inside was a simple business front. A large desk taking up most of the room with a smaller table and chairs to the side. Empty drawers and folders for paper work stood behind and around the desk. I walked past it, leading the others to the back of the building. It was mostly devoted to storage and somewhat cramped, a single staircase and a door to the backyard tucked underneath it sharing a wall with the smithy. "The actual living quarters are upstairs."

Up there was a comfy looking house, it had a single large living room / study / kitchen open configuration, with a hallway at one end that had four more private rooms, two on either side. Windows opened onto the cul-de-sac before, I walked to them and opened the blinds, letting light in. It was awfully dusty, slightly messy too. I briefly regretted not having money for a caretaker. On the other side of the large room the kitchen was quite elaborate, big wide open sinks and stove tops. Electric lighting, though slightly outdated now. A larder and the classic windows over the sink, looking out over the backyard. Which had nothing but a single old tree, empty garden plots and three graves under said tree.

"We'll have to eat somewhere else, this place won't have any food. Feel free to make yourself at home while I find what I'm here for. It shouldn't take me but a few minutes." I made for the hallway, taking the first door to the right and disappearing into my old room.

...but close to it

I sigh. So he's a loony...that would 'xplain a lot. Well, I guess I'll have to, have to detain this 'ighly dange'rous madman. What a shame.

Without warnin', I leap forwards from my standing position, hurtlin' towards the toa breakneck speed, one shoulder forwards, preparing to cannon straight into him. He'll have little time to react, and although I'm only a head taller than 'im, I'm twice as wide and thrice as heavy. Besides, a few wimpy fireballs won't do a thing to my tough plate armour. 

He fell to the ground. 

"I'm not trying to harm anyone, I'm just looking for answers" 

He said panting. 

It's time to move on.

IC:

"So Saeva mentioned the Crucible, which is in Ga...were you the cute waitress that always gave me 15% off on the brunch menu at Dockside?" the Toa of Earth asked quizzically. ", nah, that ain't it, you're Ta-Koro Guard. This is gonna bug me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Solvi

She folded her arms and closed her eyes at the rambling Onu-Toa. Reopening one eye to give him a side long glance.

"I really do have no clue who any of you people are. If we met you must've been in the background or something. I certainly never worked as a waitress and wouldn't have given you a discount even if I had."

...but close to it

IC: ...

"You'd make a good fighter if you learned some pragmatism."

The haplorhine hooting and hollering had been in large part tapered off by that observation. ###### by faint praise. Where had that happened before?

"Staying out of CQC might be wisest in your case..."

No. Shut up. You don't know anything.

except enough to beat me flawlessly

Shut up. I can still fight.

Feeling an angry black pit where his stomach once resided, Erzu Salvajemono's eyes burned holes into the ground at Solvi's feet. The gaze of a man whose pride was in shambles.

Despite the defiantly clenched fist, his shoulders had sagged low and his head remained focused on the ground.

For the second time that day, he had suffered a crushing defeat. 

Why did it hurt so much? He'd made it his business since he could first form a sentence to challenge strong people. Schoolyard bullies, street thugs, other gang leaders... he'd taken on all comers and lost countless times before coming back. He'd been face down in the dirt and mocked mercilessly more times than he even cared to admit to Sareta, and taken it all in stride.

What was different here?

Why?

I don't understand.

These emotions swirled in a dazed and confused vortex around the Bo-Toa, who just looked blindly inwards, ignoring, or perhaps closer to oblivious to all the chatter around him.

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

IC: Dahkapa (Ta-Koro Hospital | With Brontes and Bohrei)

"Enough."

For an unsettling moment, he continued to stare at him.

"I did not come here to hear your explanations, as if they would justify your deed in any way. At first my plan was merely to ask for a humble apology.. But then this friend of yours", he gestured at Bohrei with his hand, but didn't look at her, "revealed that you're a guardsman now. So instead, I will ask you to do something.. And unless you want to tremble before the immortal might of Ak'rei'an, you will do it, no matter what it is. Understood?"

IC: Dartakh (Ta-Koro, Forger's home | With Enforcer, Forger and Vandal)

He frowned when he saw the interior of Forger's house. After the Fe-Toa left, he said to no one in particular "Not only does he have a roof over his head, but numerous rooms, a shop, a garden and a luxurious kitchen? Why on earth did he leave all of this behind to gather dust?" He noticed the stone slabs beneath the aged branches of the weary tree, but because of his illiteracy and because burial was extremely uncommon amongst the commoners of his homeland, he ignored them, uncertain about their purpose.

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Enforcer - Forger's House.

"We all have our reasons for leaving our old lives behind to take up mercenary work," I reply as I sit down in one of the chais, "They don't always have to make sense to others; we just have to be able to justify them to ourselves." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

Ak'rei'an

Never breaking eye contact with the Ko-Toa, she slipped a hand into her bag.  "No, I'm afraid you don't get to give the orders here.  You-" she raised her voice for that last word, drowning out the click of a revolver's chamber being opened - "will be leaving this hospital, now.  Unless you prefer to be arrested and interrogated about whatever role your little cult played in what happened in Ko-Koro.  And if neither of those options sound pleasant, I'd be happy to take you on as a patient." 

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC (Stralix)

Once the inventor had returned his workshop to something resembling its condition before Reidak had ransacked it, he allowed himself a few hours' sleep. Though the news he carried was troubling, he had been on the road for days and needed the comfort of his own bed, at least for a short time.

When he roused himself again, Stralix made straight for the Guard HQ. Time to report to the Akiri.

IC

Loraan nodded at her colleague's words. She was glad to have a level-headed person like Lucira around.

"Whichever way we go, the greatest safety will be in numbers," she concurred. "And we can't turn back now, not after what we've seen...right?"

She looked around at the ragtag collection of 'questers', hoping for some enthusiasm. A lot of them seemed like the idealistic, dramatic types, and rousing a little morale couldn't hurt. Mata Nui knew, they'd probably need it when they reached...whatever this thing was.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Corex (Mangai Catacombs)

"Whatever it is, I think it better to deal with it now than to leave it to its own devices" I remarked, still regarding the remains of the attacking plant.

"The way I see it, we can deal with it now, or wait for it to come to us, there's no escape from here, only delay of the inevitable"

A little too dramatic for my taste, that last part, but I suspected it mirrored what some of the other members of the group were thinking. Personally, I did feel like it'd be smarter to confront our enemy now... but I didn't hold escape for a completely unfeasible route should things go further south.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I was found swept up on the beach"

"I'm not sure what he was but he was a green version of one of those little guys I keep seeing around here"

"He called himself Luta"

"He went to a place called Le-Koro with another guy who was swept up beside me"

"I don't remember anything else, yet I know this language and these terms, who was I?"

"And what did that little guy do with the guy who swept up beside me called Toku?"

He said trying to crawl.  

It's time to move on.

Despite the fact that this toa seems to have washed up the same as me, I don't really give a flyin' ####. "Mate," I say, swaying slightly, "Ye're under arrest - ya tried to 'ttack me." I...don't 'xactly have handcuffs, but I can knock 'im out easily enough. I get out my broadsword, raising it over my head, intendin' to knock him out with the flat of the wide, heavy blade.

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

"Whatever," I growl, "Let's get moving."

IC: Vandal - Forger's house, Ta-Koro

I look around, grinning slightly, but staying silent.

IC: Mura - Ta-Koro

I start to slowly wander back to my humble abode.

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC-Tavari

"If you say there might be more of... whatever that plant thing was..." Tavari Started. "If they are set loose on the Island, They have the potential to cause a major threat to The whole island. We have to destroy them at all cost."

OOC

But how do we do that, assuming we have a limited supply of the Acid (?) we used to defeat the last creature?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Despite the fact that this toa seems to have washed up the same as me, I don't really give a flyin' ####. "Mate," I say, swaying slightly, "Ye're under arrest - ya tried to 'ttack me." I...don't 'xactly have handcuffs, but I can knock 'im out easily enough. I get out my broadsword, raising it over my head, intendin' to knock him out with the flat of the wide, heavy blade.

"Why so brutal?"

"I just want to know, I just want help"

He said just barely lifting his claw. 

It's time to move on.

OOC: @Shagaru: Venemi has about two more vials of strong acid...

This was boring. This guy wasn't even puttin' up a fight. Oh well, a one-sided fight is better than no fight at all.

I quickly bring down the blade, its flat heading straight for the toa's face.

Kathok

OOC: @Shagaru: Venemi has about two more vials of strong acid...

This was boring. This guy wasn't even puttin' up a fight. Oh well, a one-sided fight is better than no fight at all.

I quickly bring down the blade, its flat heading straight for the toa's face.

IC: Raku - Ta Koro

With his last breath of consciousness for some time he said

"What kind of monsters live here?" 

It's time to move on.

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox sighed in relief, and walked on. "We'd better get going. That... thing might come back." he started walking on.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

"Same." I succinctly intone, following the Ga-Toa ahead of the group. I don't make eye contact with her, staying focused on the task and keeping my eyes watchful.

"Just us." I reply, grinning wickedly as the toa loses consciousness. I pick 'im up roughly, slinging him over a shoulder. I guess I'll 'ave to bring to HQ. I start ta do so.

Kathok