BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Yasurek- Infernavika:

"Also crew, Lohkar's ready for us to pull our loot up," Yasurek told the rest of the crew. "Let's get these disc launchers out of the ocean and onto the ship so we can carry on with our lives." He braced himself and started working the pulleys, but it would take help to get it done.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC Solvi

The music took a turn from dramatic and tense to quiet, actions were obscured by dust kicked up by the duo's dance.

?!

A sharp stab of the soundtrack lanced out towards the audience as the snow white warrior and the acrobatic greenthumb uncoupled, her evasive movements a perfect mirror of the evasion that the Bo-Toa had performed just instants before. The distance growing between them with characteristically and expository strides. On the ivory side, sturdy and heavy steps took resolutely. From the simian, a series of quick and acrobatics movements. Swells faded into the background as the volume slider for the dialogue went up.

"Hmph. You're faster than I would've thought."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: "You ain't the only one who's more than just a pretty face." the botanical punk replied. "No slouch yourself either, gotta say I'm impressed." 

What should have followed the exchange of mid-fight pleasantries, in any break in action like this, would be a period of silence save for the sudden gust of wind blowing between the two combatants, highlighting the increased tension brought upon by similarities shown in skill and capability. Maybe a small bit of dialogue between two of the bystanders, pointing out the evenness of the opening exchange as the two combatants waited for one another to make a move. A tense score, heavy in strings, as the two would extend their duel to even seeing who would flinch after extended periods of eye contact.

But there was one flaw with that setup. Erzu Salvajemono was not content to sit and wait if his opponent did the same. He was at heart, a Rushdown Character.

So instead of the entire sequence laid out above, an energetic burst of music vaguely oriental in nature assaulted the audience once more as the monkey's feet quickly at up the distance separating the two. In an entirely
firefly-inspired move, as soon as he judged himself to be in the optimal range, he swung his trailing knee up for height, leaping into the air straight for the Toa of Stone and, as was custom, screaming his head off with a kiai.

However, as was previously mentioned, the first knee was merely for height. He didn't realize the second purpose it served, but if Solvi had reacted to it and moved to the opposite side, she was putting herself right in the path of the actual knee strike that came a half-second later, with what was the leading leg.

The Khao Loi. The Flying Knee. The Hanuman Thayarn.

Whatever you called it, it was at the very top of the list of high-risk/ high-reward moves, surpassed only perhaps by such flashy things as tornado kicks, jump spin hook kicks, things rarely seen outside of creative demonstrations of how one could split wood.

And when you thought about it like that, there was little wonder that Erzu had decided to copy it from Saeva, who had copied it from god-knows-where.

Somewhere, a certain Toa of Magnetism felt the urge to cry in the middle of his meal.

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

IC:

At the move, a broad grin split a certain Ta-Toa's face. The stylings of what Erzu was doing, the philosophy behind it, was as familiar as her own skin. Hand to hand wasn't usually the Toa of the Green's strong point, but it had never been a weakness, either. And that move, similar to her own, was just what she'd have expected from him.

Truth was, thought, that she didn't know where she got such things either. She made things up.

Not that she would ever admit that to Erzu.

IC:

"Don't think I ever went to the last one." Skrihen commented, looking around. "Too pretentious. Attacked too many times. And my kind weren't exactly welcome in Ta-Koro for a while."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Sanguivox

"I'm staying here." Sanguivox said firmly. "I've endured more of this karz than most of you will ever know before. And I started this quest. I'm seeing it through... though hopefully with guard." He mumbled the last bit sheepishly.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Luta - Ta-Wahi Beach

I walk towards the beach, still confused about the tablet.

"Ah the beach, good way to clear my mind"

"Man do I love the water, I think I'll go for a swim"

As I swam I realized what I had used for a surfboard substitute.

"Uh oh"

I slipped off and the tablet sunk, I then saw a small explosion of water, after I got back to the beach I noticed two figures were lying there.

IC: Toku and Raku - Ta-Wahi beach

I pick up the nearest mask and put it on, I then see two small axes and am inclined to pick them up.

"How did I get here?"

I wake up and put on the only mask I see, I then pick up a battle hammer.

"This feels so right, and yet it's all so confusing!"

"What is my name?"

"Who are you?"

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: Naohi [the road to El Dorado Ta-Koro]

pap, pap, pap, pap, pap

It was sort of a skip, sort of a run, but only moved at walking speed as naohi made her way down the wide path, She had decided to follow the people she met on the beach, seeing as unlike her, they seemed to not have severe amnesia.

Still, her footsteps were unrealistically loud, especially for her size, with each footstep, another sharp slapping sound.

pap, pap, pap, pap, pap, pap, pap

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC Brontes

"Hello, can I help you?" My reply to the Ko-Toa was curt. Succinct. They had all kinds of bad vibes drifting off them, quiet vibes.

But bad ones.

Some of the tension I was feeling was alleviated as Bohrei joined the conversation, it was always quite relieving to have a third person in a conversation, you know? I wasn't too good with one on ones. "I," another quick glance at the Ko-Toa. "I do not believe so, Bohrei. Are you here for a doctor, sir? If so I'll have to direct you to someone else." He hadn't addressed me as a guardsmen, so I doubted he was looking for one.

IC Solvi

/!\

The Bo-Toa fought like an angry youth. Admirable, but mistaken. Moves like that had the possibility of a quick end to a fight, and to be truthful, taking the hit would've left her much the worse for wear. But in an arena like there's, wide open and uncluttered, a simple side step safely saved Solvi from the movement. Had this been a bar fight or a brawl in some tight room, thing's might've been different.

Correctly guessing at the actual attack with the trailing knee, she stepped to the side of the first knee. Side step and twist at the hips mixed together to power the left handed punch aimed at his exposed ribs.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Erzu had always prided himself on the fact that, whenever he wasn't fighting someone he couldn't ever figure out (I.E. that Ta-Toa sitting over there), he was shaping up to be a master in the art of evasion. While anyone could rush forward blindly and eat a zillion hits on the way in, it took a technician to apply constant forward pressure while remaining elusive.

One caveat to that fact, however, was unavoidable.

He did not have a Kadin. He was in midair.

He had no time to react, and nowhere to run.

He hit the ground hard.

######.

helo frens

IC Solvi

She winced and said, "oooh." in an exaggerated manner as the Bo-Toa hit the ground with a meaty (but not too meaty, kid is otter at best) thud. Cringing gave way to smug as she stood, arms and stance deceptively relaxed.

"That all? I was expecting to get hit at least once."

...but close to it

IC: Luta, Toku, and Raku - Ta-Wahi beach

"Ah he..llo?"

I swiftly grab him with my clawed hand.

"Who are you?!"

"Calm down! Whoever he is looks harmless"

He put him down.

"My name is Luta"

"You two?"

"We just came out if nowhere, DO YOU EXPECT US TO?!"

I shook him violently.

"Stop it! I imagine it's a common custom here, I'm afraid we do not know, say lad do you have any idea?"

"Well thanks for not trying to kill me like this other guy, I don't think I can help you, unless.."

Then I noticed that the tablet had come back to shore, and with what appeared to be new text.

"Ah due to the colour of these I assume that you, nice guy, are known as Toku, and you guy who tried to kill me are known as Raku"

"*hmph*, don't you find it a little odd he knows so much?"

I whispered to Toku. 

"Listen little one, I must ask what you know about how we got here?"

"All I know is that I dropped this tablet into the sea and you guys were here"

"Say Toku Why don't I take you to Le-Koro, and Raku why don't you go into the village?"

"Alright"

I enter the village.

OOC: Toku and Luta are going to Le-Koro.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: You gonna take that lying down?

Teeth clenched like a vice, the simian Bo-Toa forced himself to one knee, breath passing through the filter of incisors, canines, and molars in enraged hisses. For the second time today, breathing had become something of an annoyance. This time, though, it was the left floating rib he had to contend with as opposed to his solar plexus. 

For that, he supposed he could be thankful. That one flaring up again would have sucked, hard.

Literally rising to the taunt, the fire redoubled in his eyes, he stared her down.

"Don't worry."

Flinging himself forward, he flicked his left hand out to her face in a jab--

And then immediately changed levels, hands scything out as he dove in on a very, very low single. If he could get her down, he'd hit her more than just once. Nothing teaches you how to punch the out of someone on their back like the streets!

helo frens

IC Solvi

If he could get her down...

That was a pretty big if for a stupid monkey. One that discounted any possibility of her own knowledge of the street shuffle. And where pray tell had a rougher street game than Ta-Koro? The very place she had been a guard for years?

Maybe Ga-Koro. She'd heard of some pretty nasty fights erupting in the streets there, though her opponent here was neither winged nor marked. So lessons and anecdotes from that Munequita women didn't apply here. Her first move was to loop her own arm down under the Bo-Toa's grip, placing it firmly upon her thigh. This was accompanied by her other hand wrapping around the back of the Toa's head and pushing down with all her weight, she had to keep his own weight and leverage down and pry the advantage from him.

Or just shove the kanohi off his face, that'd work too.

...but close to it

IC: Somewhat fittingly, it felt like he'd run into a stone wall as the guardswoman expertly checked his advance, arm flashing out and obtaining an underhook sheer fractions of a second before he reaped it in and continued his forward drive. Said drive was thrown way off balance by her lowering her center of gravity with his own head as a focal point, forcing him to start carrying her weight as well as his own.

So she could wrestle, too.

Just his luck.

It was obvious that still trying to drive straight forward simply was not going to work, however abandoning the attempt wasn't out of the question just yet.

Stepping out wide, he "turned the corner", continuing his forward surge in an entirely different direction, now less straight into Solvi and more from the side.

Did you think I'd give up so easy? You've never had a little ###### of a younger brother, have you? We never go away!

helo frens

IC:

Oh, it's ######in lit.

This fight was ill-advised from the getgo, and Erzu Salvajemono had leapt into it with balls to the wall, pedal to the medal hypocrisy. Which was cool as ######. Redhot had been in a huge share of ill-advised fights, and Whitehot had sat where he sat now and chided him for it vehemently. But his golden girl big sister wasn't here. Saeva Sareta was, she who knew Erzu better than anyone here, she who Redhot had just got done devoting his energies to protecting...and she was just sitting here, too? Torana? Guard!? There was a fine line between letting a man choose his own mistakes and letting him torture himself. Erzu's resolve was his greatest strength, but Redhot had never seen a bigger weakness in anyone.

Other than you. Heh.

Now wasn't the time to admire him, though. Erzu had eaten ###### once, and if his fight with Saeva was any indication he would do it again, with greater magnitude of. A seven course meal of anti-Saeva Guardswoman ######. Well, today he would go hungry!

...He could use a better line. ######. Whitehot was the smooth one.

Well...unless...no.

Yes. Ohhh yes.

They need to know eventually.

Not now! I need to get around to it. Figure out what to say.

Erzu will be a pulp if you don't stop this. You're not just Saeva's shield. You're her friends' shield. Be the stud you wish to see in the world.

Oh, Spirit.

"I'm sorry, Malik. I'm sorry Torana. I'm...actually, Saeva...you might think this is ###### hysterical. Heh."

Clink. The cap went flying again, and landed somewhere in the dirt to the left of Shaddix's front porch.

glugglugglug

In a fit of disgust - either at himself or the proof - Redhot stood nimbly and cast aside the bottle, spraying Salamanders across his left hand and the ground beside Malik's porch while it arced.

gulp

Something in the Toa of Earth's jawline twitched, becoming leaner and less tense as his teeth ground against each other and his mouth opened and rolled in a quiet snicker. In the air above him, the bottle caught the light of the afternoon sun and beamed down onto the Toa's face..hadn't it?

NO

The plucky Big Guy laughed louder and pressed a closed fist against the left side of his chin until his neck cracked, and then repeated the process with his right side, as the glimmer of light ran down his top row of his grin - schwingschwingschwingschwingschwing - and froze in a sparkle of his two front teeth. Creating a perfect Vitruvian man pose as he stretched out his arms and bent his wrists back, he started to laugh louder as the three buttons on his pullover flung open - as though ripped open by a particularly thirsty poltergeist - to reveal hints of his ~well kept chest~ and the tip of his heartlight.

His eyes caught the light of the sun and drank them in, the lack of guile in the blue turning into a slightly narrowed pair of SMOLDERING O R B S ! ! !  that beheld the scene with a blend of dry, humorous irritation.

The Guardswoman must have been paying attention in Guard culinary courses, because she had just cooked herself up one 

HOT BEEFCAKE

One, Redhot Chili Pepper, unseasoned and smitten

Three, swallows of Salamander's Revenge, undiluted

One, threat to honor of Saeva Sareta or those close to her

No  L I M I T S

Step one: Serve while hot

Step two: HA RA CHA CHA CHA RESPONSIBLY

"This is why I don't drink," the Toa of Earth said in a voice both deeper and smoother than the youthful, gravelly baritone that had belonged to him seconds before, casually straightening the opened collar of his hoodie with a thumb while his sleeves rolled up to his IMMACULATE ELBOWS of their own accord. "I get a little...testy. REDHOT BOMAYE!"

IVyldvA.pngDxCfMr4.pngufVaR4x.png

"Now. Erzu. Stop the fight, bruh," commanded Redhot even as he watched the Toa of the Green change tack fruitlessly yet again. "You're done."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: He... he hadn't just seen that out of the corner of his eye, nor heard it through the blood pounding through his cranial arteries.

He felt that. Right down to his bones.

The question was, how did he feel about the order?

Would he heed this sudden change in personality, or...

You've stopped again, E.

Is that it?

That's the extent of the resolve you keep telling me you have? Looking for a way out as soon as the going gets rough?

Come on, kid. You've been in the middle of this farce long enough. Give it up.

NEVER.

helo frens

IC: Dahkapa (Ta-Koro Hospital | With Brontes and Bohrei)

The cold Toa ignored the Skakdi and focused his gaze on Brontes' eyes. He chuckled dryly after a moment of staring. "Don't you remember me? I was the Toa who had to defend the gates of Ko-Koro alone, while cowards like you ran and hid. Or were you slain and resurrected by Ak'rei'an's faithful and are now just an undead husk, without any memory of the past? Although to be honest, I can see from your eyes that the craven soul is still housed within you.."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Solvi

A fractional moment of distraction from the Onu-Toa's awakening gave her the opening she needed. With a quick BOOSTO from her Pakari, she wrenched control away from the Bo-Toa and turned with his momentum. Centrifugal forces took over as she spun once, twice, and thrice. His feet came off the ground and on the fourth turn she released her hold on him, sending him like a haplorhinian torpedo at the Onu-Toa that had become the central mass of the area, attracting their attention like some social black hole.

...but close to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWQCHb95rg

IC:

"C'mere...c'mere...gotcha." Erzu was effortlessly plucked out of the air with one hand on his chest and the other between his shoulder blades; Redhot stood him up onto his feet, gave him a placating gesture with both of his ~elegant hands~ and then turned his attention back to the Guardswoman.

"You about done, too?" he asked her, ready to restrain Erzu if she said something that made him want to continue the duel.

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Since when did I say I was done?" Erzu growled, a line made significantly less threatening by the fact that he was stumbling in a pattern akin to those of a drunk bee in flight vaguely towards Solvi.

If only the ground would stop friggin' tilting...

"Just stand back and watch, I've got this."

helo frens