BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Good man. See you in an hour." Reordin started to slip off, backwards, down the street; halfway through turning around he stopped to look at Skrihen, managed a quick half-smile that melted off his face, and then bounded off towards the greater Koro.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Torana

Mata Nui, Torana, do you always have to make things awkward?

Okay, okay, he obviously doesn't recognize-

Stop.

Saeva'd finished her introduction.

"I'm, um, Torana." She forced a smile, turing towards those who she'd not introduced herself to yet. "Torana Avaliona."

Calm down for ######s' sake.

Edited by Perplexed

IC: Taleen

To be perfectly honest, Taleen could think of quite a few places that were more 'underground' than the Magma Lounge. Relatively speaking. 

What would she do in the meantime? She wasn't sure, get a drink perhaps? Practice throwing knifes? Come up with dozens and dozens of plans and scenarios in her head? Follow Plagia around?

Well that last one doesn't sound productive at all. She decided to go with that, maybe figure out what friends were even suppose to do besides plot to liberate koros from evil. Do they do anything else besides that?

IC: Mimira

"The plan is uh...ummm...errr....to make a plan! Yeah.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Solvi

How much meaning could be put into a single word? Despite her vocalizations to the contrary, the boisterous Ta-Toa had struck a chord of recognition in her. At least, once she had begun to talk. The supposed owner of the house had seemed flustered as well. She had long ago learned that the best way to get what she needed out of people was to make them uncomfortable. Sometimes this involved physical violence. Now, it called for subtly.

Starting with the offer of food, she steadily worked her ways towards out doing the huge onu-toa in amount consumed. She chose to ignore the owner and put on an aura of comfort, she wasn't flustered at all!

Oh yeah, that question. She attempted to answer this over chips and dips. "Crucible?"

...but close to it

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

"I'll just put 'idiocy' down as the cause of death, then, shall I?" The Skakdi's voice was laced with dry (in the way an empty canteen fifty miles from the edge of the desert is dry) humor. 

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

That...thing that had possessed the matoran was vulnerable--

Venemi seized her chance, leaping forwards and slicing across with her razor-sharp and poison-soaked saber so as to detach the strange plant-like being with minimal damage to it's matoran host. Hopefully Thrysus' keen edge coupled with Venemi's extensive combat training would ensure the matoran's safety...

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Lucira’s first thought was I didn’t react fast enough.  But as the Lesterin slashed at the plant-thing, she instead turned around, drawing a throwing ax.

She didn’t know how intelligent this thing was, but it would make sense to attack when they were all distracted.

IC: Sanguivox

The Turaga leaped backwards, stunned by the sudden attack. He slowly stood up, saying, "Thank you my friends. I am in your debts."

IC

Thrysus sliced cleanly through the plant-parasite, and the orange glow was snuffed out. The Matoran's limps fell limp.

Loraan followed Lucira's lead in turning to watch the group's flank, and a mere moment after Venemi's swift action, the detectives' hunch was proven right. An earsplitting shriek filled the cave. It was a horrible noise, unlike the scream of any living thing any of the party had ever heard save for that of Rahkshi, and it was different from that too: it was like hundreds of dry, rattling voices screaming dissonantly in pain or rage.

The noise was accompanied by sudden movement from the nearby lava pool. What the group had taken to be pipes were writhing and thrashing: one by one, they curled up out of the lava and reared into the air.

They were not pipes, but tentacles or tendrils of the same leathery plant-stuff as the parasite-pods. The smallest were a couple of inches in diameter, and the largest more than a foot. Most tapered to blunt points, but a few flared at the end with starfish-like protuberances exactly like those of the parasites. They twitched from side to side, seeming to see or sense the handful of beings in front of them despite their lack of eyes.

Having apparently chosen their targets—mainly the larger and stronger-looking members of the group—the tentacles shot forwards.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

Instinctively, the Wasp spun her saber's toxin-coated blade in a practiced slash towards the tendril, while shouting: "Watch out for the ends, they might grab you!" She had a feeling that the star-shaped protrusions were one and the same with the parasites latched on to the matoran corpses...if they managed to attach to one of the group, that being could become this strange intelligence's slave. 

Kathok

IC Brontes

I had to resist saying, "because you're dead." It would've been a wholly unsatisfactory matchup for the skakdi's dry humor. "It's a hospital, Kellin here brought you here." I pointed to the de-matoran. "Don't make any sudden movements, you're pretty beat up."

...but close to it

IC:Talvoss

She sighed and waved her hand around waist level. "It's fine, not the first time someone's doubted where I stand because of things I've done. I don't blame you, I killed a man. If that makes me your enemy, again, I don't blame you."

IC:Axardis

Axardis shrugged. He didn't have high standards for much, as far as he cared they had done marvelously at telling him the island's name. "Fair enough. Thank you. Im...Axardis. That's the one." he stood straight. Where he was from, Axardis had been a military man. While he certainly hadn't founded the largely Matoran military there, he and his ten-strong team(technically nine, one was their Ko-Matoran coordinator) had often helped them, and they overall functioned like an organized military force. As such, he was, as said, a military man.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox saw the tendrils leap out of the lava. "Mother of Mata Nui," he started. He lept up and began to run, looking around the cave to see what he could use to protect the rest of his company.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Denerium

Denerium tried to repel the vines with his extremely limited almost non-existant elemental powers, he wasn't sure if it was doing anything or not. But what else could an old Turaga do?

"We need fire! And lots of it!"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

"That's a wonderful question," Bohrei called over her shoulder.  "For now, with the limited data available to us, we can hypothesize that some nurse has gotten less than an hour of sleep in the past week and managed to completely fail to recognize even the most basic signs of life in you, and as such sent me to my office rather than a doctor's, which reflects badly both on the nurse in question and on your life expectancy.  Now, with that mystery settled, would someone like to help him off that thing? He's getting in the way of the dead."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC

Having apparently chosen their targets—mainly the larger and stronger-looking members of the group—the tentacles shot forwards.

IC: Corex (Mangai Catacombs)

"####"

I made no apologies for whatever foul language came to mind as one of the vines came towards me. I hadn't expected this, and they weren't planning on giving me time to think up a proper strategy.

Improvization time, for better or worse.

My mechanical arm entered drill mode again. After activating the drill, I swung the makeshift weapon into meeting with the nearest vine.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She decided to go with that, maybe figure out what friends were even suppose to do besides plot to liberate koros from evil. Do they do anything else besides that?

IC:

"Well, uh, I'm gonna grab some breakfast and stuff," I half-announced, half-said to myself, gripping my left wrist and stretching my arms to the sky. "I dunno about the rest of you guys. You wanna come along, feel free."

IC:Axardis

Axardis shrugged. He didn't have high standards for much, as far as he cared they had done marvelously at telling him the island's name. "Fair enough. Thank you. Im...Axardis. That's the one." he stood straight. Where he was from, Axardis had been a military man. While he certainly hadn't founded the largely Matoran military there, he and his ten-strong team(technically nine, one was their Ko-Matoran coordinator) had often helped them, and they overall functioned like an organized military force. As such, he was, as said, a military man.

IC:

"Great to hear," I said, mildly distracted by the cryptic addition of 'That's the one,' at the end of his statement (what did he mean by that, exactly?). "M'name's Gunner, personally. Maybe not quite as flashy as Axardis, but, whaddaya gonna do?" I gave a smirk and an innocent shrug of my shoulders to cap it off.

"So, uh, you ... what?" I asked quickly afterwards, glancing over at the lady standing next to us, holding up one finger and giving her an apologetic grimace, like I was trying to tell her, "Sorry to keep you waiting, ma'am. Your questions are, however, very important to me," and, turning back to the mystery man, I continued, "You just wash up outta the blue or something here?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Lucira swore not so-under her breath as Sanguivox ran off.  What does he think he’s doing?

She wasn’t fast enough (again) to grab him, but she did send a razor sharp throwing ax toward the vines in his direction, with enough force to cut through a few in a row.

“Somebody grab the karz-cursed turaga!” she yelled for the second time that day, drawing her short sword in case the thing got any ideas.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Malik

, , . 

My simple question had caused the mood to completely nosedive. 

This was not good. 

I'm the host, find a way out, a way out. A way to cheer them up. 

"So yeah, as you all heard my name's Malik Shaddix, and in terms of the gaudiness of this house. Well let's just say my old man was a bit arrogant and eccentric. Less of a Shaddix and more of a Saddix."

God, that was terrible. 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Zenithex arriving from Ko-Wahi.

IC: Zenithex - Ta-Koro (Gate)

Ta-Koro; the village of fire.

Zenithex looked forward, keeping his head down and his arms tucked inside of his sleeves as the ball of light darted up towards the city before his very eyes, no doubt leading him on the path to the next chosen being prophesised to ascend to Ak'rei'an's side. The climate was the only thing still remaining that made him feel like he was still connected to this place, for the city itself had embraced the period of peace that had befallen it, causing it to become bloated and self-important. Gone were the days of fear, of criminals clinging to the darkest corners of the streets, allways on the lookout for the most tender and succulent prey; now it was a grotesque melting pot the most despicable sort, promoting weakness, and order, but worst of all... morality. Just the sheer thought of it nearly made him sick to his stomach.

How he longed to shatter the fragile illusion that those residing within the walls had fabricated around themselves.

While the Messenger had bypassed those foolish heathens that had the nerve to label themselves the protectors of Ta-Koro, Zenithex himself was not so lucky and was stopped upon entry, forced to remain outside as the echoes of their inane prattle reverberated throughout his ears. Even standing here outside and in plain sight he was tempted to brandish his weapons and tear into their spinal columns, entertaining the thought of making them watch as he created necklaces out of their teeth and listening to their cries of mercy as he scooped the eyeballs straight out of their skulls, only to place them into the pockets of the unsuspecting villagers destined to pass him by. So enthralled was he by this fantasy of his that he had been completely oblivious to the questioning from the guard standing to his left, and its hold on him was only severed when his partner leaned towards him and began snapping his fingers in his face.

"Hey, buddy...? The man asked you a question, and I suggest that you answer him."

"Who are you, and what brings you here?"

Knowing that their simple minds would not be able to handle the true magnificence of his actual purpose, he quickly began to fall back on one of the numerous cover stories he had invented back when he was a fresh piece of meat that had just recently started dealing out sentences of death, telling them that he was but a humble traveling priest of Mata Nui who was just looking to find somewhere to spend a few nights in relative safety. It was partially true, of course; the walls did provide sanctuary from Rahi attacks, and for all he knew, he could have been a former worshipper of that false god for all he knew since spending some time in the dungeons of Blackrock had a tendency of making people forget the little things in life on occasions, though not a hint of uncertainty appeared in his voice as he spoke. He could feel their eyes looking him up and down, knowing that his thick cloak would conceal his implements from their gaze, but when asked to pull back his hood and reveal his face, their request was soon met with a tale of how he had once narrowly escaped from a band of Makuta-worshippers who had tortured him for weeks on end, leaving him with an appearance that should no longer be viewed by those of the faint of heart. There was a momentary pause as they glanced towards each other, either wondering exactly how bad of a state he was left in and trying to figure out if they even wanted to look upon what unimaginable horrors lay beneath his attire, or pittying his supposed misfortune.

All that mattered to him, however, was whether or not they would stand aside and let him pass.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Breakfast sounds like a good idea, always good to keep our strength up."

IC:

"Hey, Taleen, you ever had souvlaki?" I asked, shooting a sly grin over at the spy. "There's this great souvlaki stand on the next street. You too, Ril, y'can come."

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: After her conversation with the Toa, many things had changed. The balance had shifted. Someone out there had been paying attention. Now, Vakua was gone, and Casanuva with him. It seemed, for the first time since Po-Koro, that Kalyss was alone. Without matoran chattering at her, or Vakua's mental whisperings, or Casanuva's incessant banter. She breathed deeply. Nobody to speak to... or for, for that matter. The others could be without her for a bit.

IC: Denrika's shift was up. Finally. The Magmatide Inn had opened its doors to the stream of refugees from Ko-Koro; it meant longer hours for the ta-matoran. Keeping a mostly ko-matoran crowd in a building right next to a foundry was... not fun. Well, with the Koro picking up their tab, at least the overtime was paying. She sighed.

All these refugees... it made her think. What if it had been Ta-Koro? Ko-Koro supposedly had a strong force of defenders. How had they fallen? Where would she be now, if it had been Ta-Koro the Legacy had taken. These questions haunted her as she walked to her apartment.

Edited by Necrocybermancer
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

We were all pretty fit folks, so it didn't take long for us to make it to the next street over.

The souvlaki stand was, honestly, little more than a little canvas tent set up on the side of the street, with a wheeled metal counter, a flat metal sheet-thing you cook food on, a placard hung from the cloth roof of the stand displaying prices for various side dishes and types of souvlaki, and (what was the probably the most complicated doo-hickie there) one of those cool rotating spikes that holds the big hunk of meat for them to scrape the souvlaki fixin's off of.

I suspected that there were technical words for all of these things, but, dangit man, I'm a doctor, not a cook!

Nobody?

> heavy sigh intensifies

I positioned myself in front of the stand, eyeing the menu with scrutiny.

"So, Ril, whaddaya think you're gonna get?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The Magma Lounge's game room was famous throughout Ta-Koro for being largely dominated by pool tables and sports memorabilia, but its real attraction had to be its notoriously competitive foosball corner. Here and there throughout a sixth of the entertainment lounge's nucleus was a foosball table that served as a passingly clever interpretation of Ta-Koro's Kohlii stadium. Above four garish tables, from the ceiling, held a time table showcasing, in descending order, the 'quickest' times to a hundred goals:

T. Drigton - 3:38:14

D. Shaddix - 3:36:58

T. Drigton - 3:36:14

D. Shaddix - 3:35:44

T. Drigton - 3:29:12

And so on and so forth, until:

T. Drigton - 1:58:58

HAHAHA, ! - 1:57:58

The laconic rebuttal seemed to have come much later - a simple drawing of a flaming middle finger was drawn next to 1:00:00, and HAHAHA, ! was not heard from again on the table.

Well, this is homey.

It was certainly no Lavapool, Reordin had to admit, with its famous yeah-we-love-tourists-so-gorram-much! vibes and rustic atmosphere, but if you had to find a replacement for the biggest bar on Mata Nui...well, you could do worse than a dimly lit for-dudebros-by-dudebros cavern of complimentary fries. Reordin sat down at the bar, running a hand along the scope of his mask, and looked up.

"Gimme a beer. Bottled. Something from Ko, if you got it."

"It's ten in the morning."

The stare Reordin Maru aimed at the guy behind the bar could have frozen over the Tren Krom Break. "I helped destroy Makuta at ten in the morning," he said coldly. "Gimme a beer."

Sure enough, they had something bottled, fresh from Ko. The Toa Maru of Ice chilled it with a single touch of his fingers, wrapping thumb, fore, and middle fingers around the glass neck of the bottle and taking a long drink.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: From Le-Wahi

IC: Alfon

Before I crossed over, I thought it would have been Ta-Wahi’s heat that would have bothered me the most; I never took a moment to consider just how choked up the air would be. Being so used to the jungle’s clean fresh air, it hit me like a sledgehammer when I took my first few breaths, and immediately I felt repulsed. Everything smelled burnt and smoky, and I’d been clutching my canteen like a lifeline, guzzling water to wash down the taste and keep my throat from becoming as arid as Po-Wahi.

Yeah, yeah, I’m a big baby. Fitting, since my tear ducts were hard at work.

By the time I reached the village gates, I had adjusted until the atmosphere was tolerable, if not barely. The guards were a little apprehensive at the fact that I had a Nui-Rama as a steed, but a flash of my badge and some explaining convinced them to raise the gate to let me in. Renting a pen for Vohu was a trickier prospect however; their stables only supported Gukko and Kahu, two birds that wouldn’t react very well to his presence.

Apparently bribery was becoming a common habit of mine.

With him out of the way, it was time to get myself something to drink. My throat was so raw that food would only make it bleed. Or I’d gag. Gagging was no fun. Unless it was someone else doing it.

Wow, Ta chicks are hot-

I wiped my forehead awkwardly. I was so distracted that I didn’t realize I had just walked into a bar. At...checking watch...ten in the morning. I sighed. Whatever. I’ll stick with it, I thought to myself. Drink’s a drink, right?

I looked around and the place was empty, obviously. The only people in here were me, the bartender and some Ko-Toa at the counter. With a shrug, I strode up and took a seat, one empty chair between him and I.

“Bartender. Give me the girliest drink you have.”

OOC: Hope you don’t mind, Tyler