BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Agni):

I nodded at Utu. I may not have liked who he was or had been, but right now I did find respect for him. "I will tell her. Promise."

I looked up and my eyes met Merror's. I wasn't sure what he was feeling right now as he cleared the way. Probably concentrating on clearing a path and trying not to think about things. Understandable. I guessed.

-----

(Traveler)

The dark Toa pretended not to notice the ongoing scuffle between the Makuta followers and their prisoner, though he did pay close attention to his surroundings while preparing a small dose of healing herbs by crushing them in his hands and using some snow to make a sort of paste, which he applied to the open wounds spread across the soft tissues of Dravennica's body. They wouldn't magically get rid of them, but the little plant packed quite the punch: It numbed the area around the wound slightly, easing the pain, stimulated healing and helped to stabilize circulation. It wasn't much, but it would suffice until a proper healer could be found. 

-----

(Kohra)

The Vortixx had moved to take a seat at one of few remaining tables spread around the sanctum. Formerly they had served the scholars studying the writing on the walls, now most of them were damaged through fighting and deliberate destruction, another little addition to the defacing of this most important place to Ko-Koro. Kohra had her chin propped up on her left hand, using it as a rest, while with her right hand she seemingly absent-minded rubbed her forearm. That she was doing so to deal with the throbbing went unnoticed. 

"I have an idea." she started. "How to ensure a steady and willing flow of information from the villagers to us and to sate our new allies a little bit at the same time."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Dayeth - Streets.

With the spy dealt with, Dayeth knelt beside Dravennica. "Is she going to be okay?" she asked Traveler. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Enforcer - Arena.

I continue standing by, waiting for the others to join me. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Korruhn [location undisclosed, Ko-Wahi]

The room reeked of the foul, thick, mud-brown effluvia of insufflated spice, emanating from the pair of jagged, heavily-scarred slits in the diabolic white mask of the Toa sprawled out on the floor. One could barely make out the features and terrain of the space, save for a pair of dim, ice blue eyes, gazing emptily into the nothingness of his own mental construct. Although most wouldn't dare to let their guard down for a mere fragment of a second in what is considered one of the most dangerous sectors of the whole island, the Toa named Korruhn had no time, or need, for such neuroses and obsessive compulsions. Ko-Koro was his home, and although he was not necessarily driven by the same malevolence that many local residents had grown to adopt, his greed and love for combat were equally corrupting, and that was all he needed to blend in in such a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Korruhn rose from his careless heap on the floor, and with a swift movement of his left arm, cast open the shutters in the room, allowing the burning white light of Ko-Wahi's tundra landscapes to flood the dwelling and the sparse furnishings within it. The rays of light shone glaringly across the massive, armored chest of the mercenary, revealing the faded black-and-white sheen of his once-illustrious armor, and the heavy pitting and scarring that came with years of his craft. Reaching to a low table at his left side, the Toa grabbed a fistful of powder, and forcefully shoved it into one of the many tactical pockets adorning his frame. From the corner of the room, he picked up a pair of simple katana with blackened blades, and a set of skis, and strapped the gear in it's appropriate places. With that, Korruhn stepped out the door of his residence, into the wild wastes of Ko-Wahi...

Today, today; today is the day, he muttered within the murky realms of his consciousness, deeply hidden from the ears of others, despite the fact that he was well enough alone for miles in any direction. He reached for a worn piece of parchment from within a pocket, upon which only a single word was scrawled:

'APOTHEOSIS!'

OOC: Consider this an open invitation to come make a new friend, or harass Korruhn. Whichever you may choose, so long as you can deal with any consequences of said choice!

• Upvote 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Arcturia

The graverobber saw the little one being taken away, and couldn't help herself as one corner of her mouth twisted into a slight smirk.

She carefully made her way out of the building the deed done, and headed back towards the gate, making sure her cloak was properly pulled over her.

Too dangerous here. Should get going.

She approached the gate, hoping for little to no hassle.

IC: Dartakh (Obsidian Outpost)

Forger felt a clawed hand grasping his shoulder lightly. A raspy voice behind him said "I'm coming as well, whether you want it or not. Enough time has passed since I last fought someone." The Vortixx was glad in shining armour, a shield strapped on his back and a sword resting in his scabbard.

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Wahi)

A white Toa stood on a ledge and stared at his home city. He had been evicted from his home. The servants of Makuta had insulted him and all other knights of Ak'rei'an. But world is ruled by the strongest, so he had been powerless. When they had ordered them to leave, he had pleaded Larikon to resist. For them all to die in the name of Ak'rei'an, as martyrs. He had refused. That day his eyes opened once again. He now saw that the Grandmaster was a faithless coward. Without a single word, he had left the group. Now here he stood, hopeless and disappointed.

Alone, he could do nothing. But other Koros wanted to liberate Ko-Koro and purge the legacy of the Dark Spirit forever. And he would help them.

A faint, confident smile appeared on his face as a spark of hope appeared. Echelon and his servants would pay for their crimes. They would pay for havng defaced the Wall of Prophecy. They would pay for burning his home city and turning it into a wretched hive of scum and villainy. They would pay for banishing the valiant servants of the Archangel. His smile erupted into cruel laughter. They would burn for their crimes.

The laughter ended as quickly as it had began. He drew the symbol of Ak'rei'an into the air with his hand and turned away, heading towards Ta-koro, the city of fire. If they were preapring a crusade for Ko-Koro, he would join it.

---

He arrived at the cable car station after a day of rough travel through the Drifts. It was far more fortified than when he had last seen it. After examining the building for a moment he walked to the gates and knocked on it three times.

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost.

Hearing a knock near the gate, the grizzled Ta-Skakdi shambled over to see who it was. Opening the gate partway, he sized up the Toa outside. "What can I do for ya, mate?" 

IC: Dahkapa (Obsidian Outpost)

His eyes widened slightly when a Skakdi opened the door. He wore no uniform and didn't look like a proud warrior of Ko-Koro. Had bandits taken over the station? "I.. just desire to travel to Ta-Koro and use the cable car. Nothing else." Under his cloak, his right hand moved towards the handle of his hammer. The Skakdi wasn't particularly threatening, but not entirely trustworthy either.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Veteran.

"Through here, then," he stepped aside to let the Toa enter. "You another refugee from Ko-Koro?"

Refugee. That word hit him hard, because he didn't see himself as one. But that was the case. He had been forced to leave his home in order to escape religious percecution. He was homeless and lonely, most of his friends were dead and his new god had apparently abandoned him. He was a poor, hopeless refugee. His head hung low and he sighed. "Yes, I am." He shambled inside.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Tarkahn:

After a very, very long dinner experience, I manage to extricate myself from the establishment, and leave Ko-Koro. I've heard the news from Onu. They were ready, and I was one of the first in line.

as I left, I knew there was a good chance I would never return. With the TOYS shop selling weapons far beyond my own, there was little reason to stay.

OOC: Tarkahn to Onu-Wahi

IC Forger

I turned, alarmed for a fraction of a second.

Ah.

"Your presence would be welcomed. Now, let's be off. Enforcer is waiting at the cable car." I led the other two to said cable car, a rather shaken looking Ko-Toa was nearby with Veteran. "You getting ready to send him over?" I clambered into the car, "there's room enough for five. We really ought to consolidate trips more often. Fuel is mighty pricey nowadays."

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer/Veteran - Cable Car.

"Just another refugee, mate," Veteran says to Forger, and I look up to see the others approaching the cable car. 

"Are we ready to move out?" I ask, already knowing what the answer will probably be.

IC: Dartakh (Obsidian Outpost)

Dartakh said nothing and entered the cable car. He stared at the Ko-Toa as he entered the cable car with them, keeping a hand on the hilt on his sword if he needed to use it. The stranger's cloak was very suspicious: he could be hiding anything under it. Dartakh prepared for the worst, like he always did.

The Ko-Toa glanced at every mercenary. His heartlight was glowing slightly brighter when he entered the cable car, fearing that they might harm him. So far they had been peaceful, but the glare of the heavily armoured Vortixx made him nervous. His hand remained on the handle of his hammer, and he stared at the car's floor. He remained silent.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Enforcer/Veteran - Cable Car Station.

"See ya later, mates," Veteran closes the cable car doors behind us, then gives the signal to Kain. A moment later, we're setting off across the Break.

OOC: I hope I've got everyone: Forger, Enforcer, Vandal, Dartakh and Dahkapa to Ta-Wahi.

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix approached the gates of the Frozen City, a city he had only been to once before. Of course if the rumors around the island were true, this would likely not be the same city he knew... Not that he really got a chance to know it before since it was on lockdown. But he liked to think it would have been a somewhat decent place. 

He noted the various guards standing outside the gate. He lifted his four hands for them to see, revealing no weapons whatsoever, though his Chain scythe was wrapped around his waist. As he approached he likely would get odd looks, something he has gotten used to.

OOC: Alrighty, not sure who is in charge of the guards at the front gate, but none the less it's your move.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Alright, who's left?" 

IC: Mortem - Outside Sanctum, Ko-Koro

Some time later, I return to where Dayeth and some of the others are standing outside the Sanctum, my hands incidentally stained with blood.

The guards seem to have taken the worm away. "Is he being interrogated?" I ask her bluntly.

Kathok

IC: Dayeth.

"I certainly hope so."

IC: Veteran.

"Well, that's comfortin'." 

IC:

Even as Fire Toa went, my love-hate relationship with Ko-Wahi always veered towards one particular side.

This tundra - the grayscale sky, the blinding snow tightly packed and opaque under my feet, the coquettish nip of cold on my cheeks and nose - was where Niici and I had walked on our last trip to the Temple of Peace. I hadn't thought about Niici in a long time, but the first thing I remembered wasn't her stunning good looks or aristocratic nature. It was the look of bewitched terror on her face as her own powers were used to flash freeze her from head to toe. This was the place I first danced with the devil. Maybe this very snowbank.

One way or another, Heuani was born here. Three months spent R&Ring at the Massif didn't change that. Nothing would ever change that. A thin line on my cheek, drawn long ago and long since healed and faded, pulsed. I could almost hear a wry chuckle in the icy wind, and I reflexively grabbed the sword fixed to my back. It was an impulse; the last thing I wanted was to find it missing on me, and some shadow holding it in his smooth hand.

I didn't like being back here, and I wasn't afraid to admit I was a little afraid.

Maybe I shouldn't have left Dorian after all, I reflected bitterly to myself, even though reflecting at this stage of the game definitely didn't do either of us any good. He was ferocious in a fight, and as close to fearless as I think it was possible for a person to be...but that wasn't exactly a good thing to have on a stealth mission, and I think the merc could have talked and cajoled Mata Nui himself out of catatonia if you gave him a canteen of Bula juice every now and then to keep his whistle wet. As we'd been preparing to go out to the Temple of Courage, the word had started to trickle in about the sudden, sinister fall of Ko-Koro to a force under the command of Echelon. With what I had learned in the Legend, matched up with what Angelus' files on the Piraka had given me, I was pretty secure in the idea that soon enough, there wouldn't be so much as an inch left of safe ground in Ko-Wahi. I had to move quickly, and I had to do it lowkey. Dorian Shaddix may have been 'the best there ever was,' but I hadn't found a single person yet who could safely call him mellow. So I left Ta-Koro yet again, and never turned back.

I hadn't gone to seek out the rest of the team for most of the same reasons. Tuara was just as much a hothead as her lover, and she was just as fond of a good brawl if she found herself in one - which would have only exacerbated her endless stream of questions and asides on why I was stupid enough to leave the team's best fighter (and only assassin) behind halfway across the island. Agni would have been more understanding, but his help would have come with a few gruff lessons, and those weren't what I needed right now. Merror would request the rest of the team's assistance regardless. And Cael...

No. I wasn't about to put her through anything I found here. And I had seen the scarf on her neck.

My stomach, which I'd almost thought to be half-frozen solid, was in sudden turmoil.

You're being unfair, a little voice said. They're your team. They'd help you if you asked.

It was time for me to walk a mile in a few pairs of shoes. The character flaw everyone had pinpointed in me that had gotten us all into this mess in the first place was...that I played a horrible devil's advocate when push came to shove. Crouched behind a snowbank, doing what I'm sure was a (very) shoddy impersonation of a Bad Company assassin tracking a target, I started to think about the others. Cael, always the healer, always the gentle optimist, would have counseled caution - there were hostages in Ko-Koro that needed me more than the no-doubt-booby-trapped Temple of Peace did, and I wouldn't do them a lick of good in the Drifts. Utu was a mystery that cracking would have been beyond my pay grade, but from what I'd gathered of him...he sought out freedom, to make his own mistakes or path. He probably would have gone in heedlessly if he believed it was what he was meant for. And Dorian...

Dorian...

Dor would have ###### the odds, drawled I ain't afraid of no ruins, and if he had to die, he'd go laughing. And probably with a few really filthy curses.

These days, maybe there was something to that approach after all.

So I never turned back. Days later, and far outside the boundaries of Echelon's new crown jewel, I felt safe enough to stand tall with that knowledge. I scaled a mountain or two, took Mahi tracks when I could, avoided attention - and a stop at Ihu-Koro, which would have provided a sorely needed hot meal and soft mattress in exchange for vital time and all eyes on me - until I was deep enough in the Drifts that I could see the familiar rock outcroppings of the Temple of Peace. A large, circular complex that was largely vacant aside from the stones that formed its perimeter, the tension ebbing at my chest and stomach started to ease up, relax its tense grip on my innards, the closer I got to breaching the circle. The feeling that took its place was more of a fluttering under my sternum, like the supercharged moment of bliss and relief after scoring a goal. I had forgotten how much I missed that, and when I entered the Temple's boundaries I let out an audible sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

Peace.

I liked to think, with all I'd learned and lost, that I merited a little peace.

Dorian would have laughed at me. Called me an idiot. Told me to get on with the job so we could get back to Ihu-Koro and snuggle.

I wish I'd brought Dorian.

As I walked to the center of the complex, I heard a small, deliberate cough - aimed at me with as much precision as any sniper rifle. When I turned around, my hand instantly flew to my sword, and I suddenly began wishing a lot, lot harder.

"Echelon," I said guardedly, drawing my weapon and baring the crystal blade that had once been Heuani's. I was hoping to myself that this fancy new armor worked, underneath the external air of charismatic irreverence I'd learned from Tuara and Dor. "Bit nippy out."

"Joske." Echelon's face was expressionless, but there was a sardonic air about it nonetheless. It was too familiar for comfort. "I think it's a fine night out."

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious
  • Upvote 13

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Utu Kotore - Ko-Wahi - The Outskirts of Tu-Koro

I could hardly speak, but I forced myself to squeeze out words, “Coming back to life was a miracle,” I said to Cael, “But that doesn’t make it right,” I paused, “Dorian came back from death once before.”

Step.

“For the longest time I thought it was destiny which kept he and I to this world,” I looked Cael in the eye with resolute defeat, “But there’s nothing special about those who escape death. I was never more than who I decided to be. Dorian and I were given extra chances. Tell him not to squander his second like I did three.”

Step.

“Joske wants to be a part of this world in a big way. Tell him not to waste his time. I did exactly that.”

Step.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Cael weighed those words sadly for a second, balancing them against what she knew of Utu, Dorian...and even of herself. The three of them had all come back, if what Utu said was true. Looking back on all three of them, it was plain to see what each had given up to make it happen. Utu's determined, doomed trek was proof enough of that; Dorian, somewhere far away, was on his own long march. As for her...

Feline eyes gleaming, the golden centers of an unlit room. A gagging feeling in the back of her mouth, like a cup of water going down the wrong pipe, until it welled up in her throat and--

--and Cael knew she was alive, and he was dead. She knew it. 

"I'll tell them both," she promised.

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: A new character, Tjuran, is joining the party!

IC: Somewhere in the mountains, a shattering force could be heard. The echo was like nothing you would expect, like if a whole glazier was destroyed. A Toa had broken through the snow, ice and rock, finally managing to reach the outside-world. It was here and now, that his consciousness truly awoke: "Where am I? Where are the Rakshi and Makuta?" Confused, he started scouting the area, searching for anyone or anything where he could get clues as to what is happening. Only, to pass out in the snowy fields. 

OOC: New to roleplaying here in BZPRPG, hoping to have fun with ya all :)

"Ah yes, time. What a grand illusion it is to us humans. But *I* know what the true nature of time is. Do you wish to seek knowledge, or remain blind? Decide, my friend, I have all the answers you need."

IC: Veteran/Zero - Obsidian Outpost Arena.

"I guess we should get on with it, then?" Veteran asked Zero, indicating the handful of recruits who remained. 

"Yes," she nodded, gesturing for Veteran to take the fore. 

"Alright, which of you lot wants ta be up next?" 

"I guess we'll just make you two fight each other, then," Veteran mused, "whoever wins gets the job." He turned to Kotak, "Sorry we didn't have an actual challenge for ya to fight."