BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC(Ryjak-Blackrock)

The fire had attracted another with its warmth and light. In the great halls of Blackrock, the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An were at their strongest. The two Toa by the fire were each powerful indeed- Larikon doubly so. But they were also smart. Deadly smart. So they noticed a third Brother, naturally, as soon as he entered the room. Though cloaked as always, they recognized him. Ryjak stepped into the light, making his presence more clear.

"You were a different man," he said, without missing a beat, "you were much different before conversion, weren't you?" His voice was deep, and somehow metallic. "You were so young, then. In the head. Infantile, really," his tone portrayed the obvious exaggeration, "but you were clever. Clever enough to amass the fortune you had when we met. That circus...extravagant, of course. Not an empty seat in the house. Everyone was amazed- myself included. I, too, was young. Everything was perfect. Nothing was to go wrong, not with you at the helm."

The Toa of iron crossed his arms, nodding back his hood to look his brother in the eye.

"Larikon Torchbearer, do you remember what went wrong?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

The memories were painful, but Larikon saw them like they weren't.

"I do not think of it having gone wrong, personally. I think of it as a moment where Ak'rei'an intervened in my life, let me be reborn. It was Onu-Koro, about four decades past. My circus was in route to Ta-Koro, to perform there. We were taking the back-tunnels, the faster, but less patrolled routes. We were near to our destination when the Kofo-Jaga spiders swarmed us. Hundreds of them, corrupted by the heathenry of Makuta."

Larikon's arm was bare, the robes did not cover it. Along it were dozens of scars, pale on his flesh. The firelight made them of notice.

"My crew locked themselves in the carriages, in an attempt to weather the spider's attack. I was, however, caught outside. I tried to resist, hacking at them with my blade. But they kept coming, coming and coming. I tried to run, but the stingers hit me, pierced me. They came over me, and struck me over and over with their stingers. In a haze of pain and fire, I tumbled into an underground river, the very river that led to The Darkmine. And by the grace of Ak'rei'an, the Brotherhood found my battered body, and took me to be converted."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Athiel

"Actually, like Vrina said, why don't you join us after were released?. You said that this job was a temporary one, and what we find will be far more than you are paid here, even when split among the four of us. There's sure to be action, adventure, and maybe even a few odd jobs. However, you'd be away from here for a good amount of time, so id recommend saying goodby to any friends you may have here, assuming you go of course. Where must venture to the four other Koros, bar Ta-Koro, and find the keystones hidden there. We have yet to find the one located here so I skipped to Ta-Koro and retrieved that one first. I'm getting ahead of myself, you haven't agreed yet. What say you?"

OOC: Overexplination, yet underexplained.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Vrina

Vrina shot Athiel a questionable look

"And how Athiel are you so sure he will be paid more with this than he does here? You don't even know what is behind the location the keystones will enter. How do you know it will be worth anything?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"According to the "Legend" so to say, you will find great fortune. Also, even of it's not up to snuff he will also get the adventure he seeks. I believe I had the exact same conversation with you and Qyntar." Athiel adjusted him pillow, trying to find a more comfortable position, but soon gives ups, deciding to sit instead.

"It also said that the Keystones would guide us, so I expect they interlock or something of the same effect."

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Qyntar

"I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get out of here." Qyntar said as he finished his push-ups. "This prison situation is getting onto my nerves." Qyntar stood up and turned to Korru. "Say, could you go and check if they are any closer to letting us out... or?"

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Korru (Sentinel HQ)

"Well, Athiel, you may not be a storyteller, but you've got my attention. I need something to get my head back in the game, and spontaneous adventure might be just the thing the doctor ordered"

"I'll see what I can do... and I'll meet you outside later" Korru replied, taking off through the Sentinel HQ

IC: Melna (Po-Koro Inn)

"Thanks" Melna replied in a polite tone as she stepped inside with Melna, Lux and Sirius in tow. She looked around the place, taking in the general feel of the place. A nice collection of drunks, shady people, tired people and the occasional interesting stranger were light strewn about the tables, but none of that occupied Melna's attention.

Instead, her gaze was fixed at it. It beckoned to her with promises of happy times again, and an escape from the doldrums she'd found herself enraptured in.

"Lux," she said quietly, kneeling down to the Po-Matoran's level, "how do you feel about helping me out a little? You don't need any immediate sleep, do you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Rakona/Goran

Across the fire from Larikon and Jaaku emerged a feminine figure in tan and light grey armor, who sat down across from the others. She nodded at the fire to Goran, and rubbed her eyes, yawning. She had just woken up in the middle of the night, plagued by nightmares.

The corrupted lightstone may have been a corrupt and twisted fragment of Ak'Rei'An, but it was still Ak'Rei'An! She was filled with the deepest regret for destroying it, fearing that it's destruction would prevent her Lord from ever returning to this island.

Goran sat in front of the fire, and stretched out his hands, close to it. The flames grew brighter and hotter, being reignited by the small essence of Toa Power that remained usable to Goran, even in death, or rather, even in undeath. He then stood up, next to his mistress.

"I really don't remember much about my past. All I remember is that I was not found by the Brotherhood - I found them, by accident. I remember Goran being dead, and my Conversion. Goran knows the whole story, everything - how he died, who I was. Who we were.

"Won't tell me, though. Says its for the best I don't remember."

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Ardoku, Aidrak and Saedrak from Onu-Wahi

IC: Ardoku

Ardoku peered as his eyes met the open sky. It had been a while since he'd been in the sun, but his eyes quickly adjusted. He looked behind him into the tunnel to Torvoth. "Well, we made it out of the earth..." He smiled and looked back up to the sky.

"Well, it seems like we'll be getting out sooner than I thought. Well, good for us I guess. Now we have to deal with a cave in though." Athiel stood up, stretched and sat back down "So, you guys have any idea's?"

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Torvoth

The Vortixx covered his eyes and squinted - he had not been outside of Onu-Koro's dark warrens for far too long and the bright light was unsurprisingly harsh on his eyes. "You know, I never thought that I would end up in Po-Wahi or Po-Koro. There are rocks, sand, and more rocks here. Not really too much else, as far as I have heard. Have you been here before?"

OOC:

Torvoth from Onu-Wahi.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

IC: Qyntar

"Well, I could simply break through it using my kakama in conjunction with my sturdy body. I've already tested my capabilities, so long as it's not too big, I should be able to break it down with relative ease, albeit a broken bone or two." Qyntar sat by his wall, quite serene.

IC: Ardoku

"I used to travel the island. Didn't really get me anywhere, but I did see some great scenery. I came here once or twice, never really stayed for long." Ardoku looked into the distance. Just barely, he could see the shape of Po-Koro, and the faint lights coming from it.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: A runner placed a sheet of paper on one of the many billboard, nailing it in an open place where the average passerby could see it easily.

Mata Nui Technological Expo

The past few months have been packed full of exiting events and technological advances.

While they have become more widespread recently, many of these advances are still spread far apart and not many know of them, much less be able to make use of them.

To help solve this problem, the first Mata Nui Technological Expo is being held in Po-koro.

We invite you to our event. All are welcome to come and see the future as it arrives, whether you are an inventor yourself or an adventurer hoping to find something to help out on your next escapade. Or you might just be a normal person looking to see what is around the corner.

Come one, come all, the Future is waiting.

Event Manager: Lenat

Elsewhere a letter was sent to Akiri Hewki inviting him to come himself or send a delegate. The event manager was hoping to give something to the Akiri of the island.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dehkaz

"Why, Kale, you're just in time. We were right about to see if these shiny new launchers can actually shoot straight," Dehkaz replied cheerfully as his first mate came aboard the massive ship.

With the creak of finished wood sliding on the deck, Dehkaz swung his legs down from the table, and stood up from the chair, straightening out his longcoat with a small movement.

"Well now, let's see if we can turn some targets into scrap," The Toa of Magnetism said, holding out a hand towards the closest deck guns.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

"For all it is worth, it is a time past, a life past."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC(Ryjak - Blackrock)

The Toa of iron nodded sagely, offering a small smile. He produced a widget of high value from his cloak, examining its golden allure by the light of the fire. "What is wealth but the means to an end? It can be the object of our obsession, it can be that which we long for, that which we serve... In the end, it matters not. In the end, we all burn." He cast the thin coin into the fire, its form becoming indistinguishable from the blazes.

"On a brighter note, however, it was long been my belief that Ak'rei'an was an advocate for celebration when it was appropriate. In honor of your sacrifices and courage today, please celebrate with me, my brothers." He reached into the endless void that was his cloak and produced a flask. Marking's on it read only a date- it looked to be ancient. "What was Po-Koro's finest tea. I have kept this among my possessions since before my transformation; a remnant of my past. I feel it is only proper to drink it now- to do away with it in a way that I will remember. Moving on with an eye on the past, as it were." With the ale in one hand, he conjured three metallic chalices in the other, giving one to Jaaku and one to Larikon.

"To the young men we were...but also to the wiser men we have become."

Edited by Douglas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Vhohan

A Skakdi using a cane walked down the street, heading for a billboard that a runner had put a message upon. Vhohan looked at the sign briefly, and then called out to the runner, who was still somewhat close. He was a reporter, and this was certainly newsworthy.

"Hello there, you! The one who put up this sign. I am an official branch head manager for the Mata Nui Weekly. I was wondering if I could schedule an interview with this Lenat sometime to discuss this Technlogy Expo? Here is some identification, if you so wish."

With that, Vhohan held the cane in the crux of his arm as he reached into his pocket and produced a small badge.

OOC:

Silvan, that's for you.

Rakona stood up, and then turned to Larikon.

"Grandmaster, earlier we were discussing having a spy infiltrate Po-Koro. I would like to fulfill that role."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Po-koro

IC: The runner stopped when Vhohan called out to him. A quick look at the badge confirmed the reporters identity.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Lenat is very busy setting up the expo at the moment. I'm sure he would love to give you an interview once it gets started though,"

OOC: I will post the opening later today and he can do it then. I have the post all written up already.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Very well, Lady Rakona," Larikon said. "My only ask is for you or Goran to take jobs in the Koro, jobs which would reveal to us the weak points in the Koro. Unfortunately, plumbing comes to mind. Report to us in an infrequent manner."

Po-koro- Market Square

IC: The crowd hummed with excitement and a sea of voices rose in to the clear blue sky. Lenat nervously cleared his throat as he made the final adjustments to the task pad in his hands. It was currently set to record his words and play them back loud enough for the entire crowd to hear him. Pressing one last button , he placed the tablet in the prepared stand on the raised platform in the center of the square.

He cleared his throat again, this time the noise carried across the heads of those milling about below. For a second there was silence as everyone turned to look at him. Public speaking had never been his strong point; Lenat was an inventor not a politician.

“Greetings, I am Lenat, the Event Manager and I welcome you all to the first annual Mata-Nui Technology Expo. As I’m sure you all know, there has been more technological advancement in the last six months then the last hundred years combined. It is my hope that this event and others like it will help to speed that progress even more. Over the next three days you will be able to see inventors and craftsmen from all over the island as they show off their work. Some of it will be experimental, others will have had all the kinks worked out already and be ready for you to poke and prod all you want. I’m sure that those running the booths will be happy to answer any questions you have about their products. A series of billboards have been placed around the area with event schedules and maps to help you find your way around if you should happen to get confused."

He paused for a second, catching his breath and gauging the crowd as they listened. Nobodyhad burst out about how technology was evil or anything so he guessed it was going smoothly so far.

"In addition, it is my hope to create an organization to help with the creation and diffusion of new inventions across the island. Rather than having the fruit of our labor confined the koro in which we work, this organization would allow the designs to be transferred from member to member until it had reached the entire island. Such a network would also allow for members to help each other on large projects or if they were having problems with a certain design, anyone is welcome to join; we need smiths and crafters just as much as we need inventors and engineers after all. Any who wish to know more or join can find me at my own booth at the south end of the square.

Above all, have a good time while you are here. This event is for you as much as it is for us and I would consider it a failure if everyone came away with dour faces.

Mata-Nui smile on us all and may the future be ever brighter than the past.”

OOC: The technology expo is now open. It is mainly set in a market large square with a raised platform in the center for announcements and exhibitions. Booths for a variety of inventors and crafters are set around the edges. If you want to have a character run one feel free.

Anyone who wants to know more about the network can go talk to Lenat, The organization is still in the developmental stages and he is open to suggestions.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Skakdi through the crowd, pushing his way through. He made it to the platform, and then pulled out his badge. He tapped the platform with his cane, signaling the attention of Lenat.

"Hello. I am Vhohan, the head of the Po-Koroan branch of the Mata Nui Weekly. I was wondering if I could get an interview with you about the Expo?"

"Perhaps a career in the military would work well? They would be well informed about what we are specifically interested in.?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Lenat- Po-koro- Expo

IC: Lenat retrieved his task pad from the stand before hopping down from the platform. Gesturing for Vhohan to follow, he started making his way towards the south end of the square.

"Of course. Let us talk as we walk. Once we get to my booth I can get us some chairs. What is your first question?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The thought put an ill taste in Larikon's mouth. "No, I'm afraid. The heathen military has keen eyes, suspicious eyes. Your name, real or fake, will be recorded. You will have a file upon you, and they will know where you live, and where you are assigned. And no doubt will they try to learn your past. No, I think it would be more prudent to be among the civil servants, the anonymous workers who maintain and order the city."

"My first question is the origin of the items displayed here. Are the craftsmen of Po-Koroan origin, or have they come from elsewhere?"

IC: Rakona

"I have no interest in being a menial worker, Grandmaster. Surely there is a higher position we can think of?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Lenat- Po-koro- Expo

IC: "Some are from Po-koro, others are from places like Ta and Onu-koro. We have a few people from just about everywhere showing items here. To be honest I was hoping for more people then are here. I would have loved it if Stralix had come, but the invitation my have been lost in the mail and I understand that is busy in any case."

Kale Ironshaper- Ostia- Docks

IC: With a smile nodded at Dehkaz, "Let me just stow my stuff first."

He had only a few things with him, so it hardly took long, after which he was back up on deck. A sweep of his hand lifted several cannon balls in to the air, floating over to the canons waiting for them.

"Four, would you mind loading the Stralix powder charges.?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Would you rather do nothing?" Jaaku asked after a moment, condescension just barely present in the tone of his voice. "You've got an opportunity to go out and do something good for all of us as a whole, go ahead and take it. Don't let something as foolish as your pride get in the way of that."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(Ryjak - Blackrock)

The Toa of iron silently cursed as Larikon all but ignored him for Rakona. Gritting his teeth, he spoke up.

"No matter. I will infiltrate Po-Koro as an industrial worker. Rakona's pride obviously prevents her from being of use."

Edited by Douglas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Ira

The toa of fire, having mysteriously disappeared since the destruction of the corrupted lightstone, came to rejoin the group by the fire. From his new appearance, it seemed that he was exchanging his armor for a more suitable set; the bags hanging from a belt on his waist suggested that he was arranging his mineral collection as well. Sitting down by the fire, he entertained himself by throwing mineral powder into the flames, making them change color from green to red to yellow. While it seemed that he was ignorant about the situation, an offhand remark to himself about how he could "go into the city as a 'traveling salt merchant'" seemed to indicate that he was aware of what was being discussed,despite only hearing the tail end of the conversation.

As the unlikely party started towards Po-Koro, Torvoth asked his companions, "What do you guys want to do here?" He then glanced at the two Skakdi. "I thought you guys said you were just passing by while digging your secret tunnel... whatever," he muttered.

OOC:

Sorry for my hiatus.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Larikon could sense a kind of tension in the air. Being Grand-Master, he had a duty to keep his family stable, keep his family together.

"Lady Rakona," he said kindly. "Once you have established yourself as a seemingly loyal citizen of the Koro, you may come to me and discuss further advancement. Simply emerging from the desert and joining the Guard would be seen as suspect."

He turned to Ryjak, and the other members. "If anyone has else desire to assist, I have other missions in mind. The Po-Koroans, I have heard, have established small settlements along the coast. If any volunteers would like to go, disguised as traders, and scout their defenses, I will send them out tonight."

IC: Ardoku, Aidrak and Saedrak

Saedrak huffed in an angry tone. "That's none of your goddam' business." He strutted on, hoping to lose the annoying vortixx.

Aidrak on the other hand rolled his eyes and looked to Torvoth. "Nothing special, really. We're just getting supplies before we continue our journey. We only have Po-Wahi to Le-Wahi, and Ga-Wahi to Ko-Wahi left, and we'll have a system of tunnels for... trading purposes." Aidrak looked forward and tried to keep up with Saedrak, effectively leaving the vortixx and toa behind.

Ardoku seemed not to care about the conversation that had just been held, and continued walking alongside the vortixx. "I wonder how much has changed. It's been a while."

"Best you leave now, while darkness provides some cover from the sun. The heathen clothes are stored near the entrance, along with some dry goods," Larikon said. "May Ak'rei'an guide you in your travels, Sir Ryjak. These settlements should be ripe for the taking when Blackrock is rebuilt enough."

IC(Ryjak - Blackrock)

"It will be done. However, traders seldom travel as alone as I will be. I must request that another of our Brotherhood accompany me. Maybe Jaaku? He and I would fare well in a fight should it come to that," he said, his tone calmer than before and his demeanor subservient.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

"Well, I guess the Skakdi are ditching us. That's too bad. I kind of liked the green one. Yeah, he cut through my chainblade, but he seemed like a fine chap when we weren't trying to skewer each other with impossibly sharp implements." He started as if all of a sudden struck by an idea. "Oh, that reminds me. I've got to find a repair shop in Po-Koro where I can drop by and see if I can borrow a few tools to fix up my chainblade. It's had worse." He lifted up the weapon to show Ardoku - both halves of it, sliced down the middle, and missing the actual chain.

"Sir Jaaku, I believe it would be wise to join Sir Ryjak. Being one of our veteran members, you have much to learn from him," Larikon said. "It would be quite an experience."

IC: Zekev

The Skakdi f Ice was having trouble sleeping. The day's experience with a the skeletons did not, as it seemed, make soothing material fir dreams.

He got out of his cell and decided to take a walk. He realised that light and sound emanated from one corner of the fortress.

He appeared at the gathering and quietly sat down on the outskirts of the group. However, when Sir Ryjak asked for someone to accompany him, his ears pricked up. Zekev really wanted to see how much or little, the Koros had changed.

"If you do not mind, Grandmaster, I will volunteer to go with Sir Ryjak and Sir Jaaku. Although we need the services of as many guards here," he said, looking out into the cold desert, "there's really no chance of strangers wandering the desert near the fortress, and we would see them miles away, so having just one extra me on this journey won't compromise the security of the fortress."