BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Savfina Orin

They were marvellous machines; surely all beings of a shorter stature would agree.

The machinery and the gadgetry of the Onu-Koronans had never really struck a chord within her - she often dismissed such devices instead focusing on what he had taught her - and vigorously kept to her discipline for as long as she was willing to remember. Her studies and her physical well-being and soundness of mind and soul came before her indulgence in the material at all times, even into her elder years.

But something just sparked in her mind when she had heard of and seen the Exo-Matoran in person. An idea, perhaps. A possibility to go beyond the limitations of her stature, the limitations of her body to explore the island, equipped to deal with the threats of witnessing those with exotic and dangerous power up close, and the ability to defend herself against them if need be. It was an opportunity that grabbed her and shook her until the idea had deeply rooted itself in her mind, not willing to be pulled up and cast away like so many other thoughts she had steeled herself from letting develop further.

She only saw the future.

It's only a robot suit - a mechanical machination of the engineer's mindshe tried to tell herself, but no use came out of dismissing it, she found. She was too giddy, too excited, as if she were younger; not an unpleasant experience at her age, something she cherished later.

Nervously, she had brought herself before the Akiri and flustered out her proposition, to which he had agreed, shocking the Turaga. He'd allow her to use one of his Exo-Matoran for her expedition into the wilds and the study of beings anomalous.

Thankful, she left his office with a slip she showed the Ussalry Quartermaster, who in turn led her to the lineup of the remaining Exo-Matoran for personal use. Some had bits of equipment attached to their limbs, some with varying colour schemes... the quartermaster encouraged her to choose one to her liking.

Pacing town the row of suits, Savfina found a very simple suit - only a single blade adorned the right "arm," but what really caught her attention was the black and purple paint job, not unlike the colours that adorned her bandanna.

Hence the reason as to why she chose it.

"Bee-four-yu-eight," said the quartermaster.

"Before I ate... what?"

"Oh, haha, no, that's the unit's identification number. Just checking it off."

She pause and chuckled a bit before climbing into the command seat, buckling herself in.

"What's it's name?"

The quartermaster looked down at his papers. "'Blackheart.'"

She considered the name for a moment.

"...how do I turn it on?"

Edited by Perp
  • Upvote 1

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (general downtown)

Outside, the world teemed with news. Ishi Polzin may have left The Golden Pickaxe for Nuparu’s office in the early morning, but now the streets of Onu-Koro filled with life.  Businesses were open, and the grand bazaar echoed from down the road, drowning the gurgle of Onu-Koro’s stream.  As he walked, with the orderly Sajis falling in step behind, Ishi heard again and again the word Rahkshi repeated on the air, and exo-matoran.  Somehow, the two were tied together, but it took a poster on a signboard to answer the question: rahkshi armor repurposed for matoran exo-armor, a new innovation from the genius Wiremu. 

I smell the death of unprepared heroes, Ishi thought, and the dark parts of his blood bubbled with happiness.  Makuta’s Sons were about to have plenty of prey.  With luck, they’d remove a sizable portion of inadequate heroes from Mata-Nui’s pool of faithful.  It left the stronger, tougher, opponents for the Legacy, but a rabble of weak individuals frequently became a dangerous horde when pressed.  In a way, having stronger opponents meant more fun for the Informant: things were only going to get harder, and he enjoyed difficult situations. 

Speaking of difficult situations…

His feet were taking him toward the bazaar, the meeting place for Dervish to rendezvous after gathering their gear.  Ferron’s Forge sat on the far side of town, but the berserker could be quick when necessary.  With luck, she’d be pinned down by the mercenary Sucogu right now, or, even better, she’d be dead.  With bad luck, something Ishi found himself rather fantastic at achieving, she’d be in the bazaar now expectantly tapping her foot for his arrival.  A difficult situation indeed. 

He turned left, remembering a dead turaga’s saying about forks in the road.  Why not have a little pride in his newly acquired nationalities?  To the passing villager, Ishi took himself on a relaxing walk of his new village, learning the streets of his neighborhood.  In truth, he wound himself through an already known complex path to avoid the Bazaar and bring him to the front door of the Wise Man’s Archive without drawing attention. 
With a hand on the door he began to pull, but was knocked back as a stranger pushed from the other side.

Or had Turaga Matau said "turn right" all those years ago?

OOC:  Open for interaction, Hammerlock (or anyone in the Wise Man’s Archive).  Who wants to have the pleasure of knocking Ishi down a few steps, literally? :P

Edited by Kughii

OOC: Gonna take you up on that, Kughii.

IC Skoll

Satchel laden with books and arms stacked with more, the canine su-skakdi shouldered the door to the archives open. He had been searching for a specific tome all day, alas, he had not found it. So he had packed his bags and prepared to make for his new home, the workshop / prison he had found himself trapped in with Lash. Well, now it was no longer his prison, nor did he possess the vortixx contemporary. She had made off for new fortunes and new lands. He doubted her success in such endeavors, but it couldn't be helped. She was the adventurous and opportunistic type. Him? He was happy enough as he was ; sober, not associated with a dead god and relatively incognito.

The door was slowed by some sort of obstacle, an obstacle it hit with the soft fleshy sound a fruit made when you dropped it. A peek around the corner revealed a po-matoran knocked onto his rear by Skoll's gadarene charge through the doors. He quickly set his books on a dry, relatively clean stone and offered a hand to the poor sap.

"I'm sorry about that sir, please let me help you up."

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Koro / Wise Man's Archive

An hour after-- (what would be, except we're underground) --daybreak...

I'm on the move.

Yadda yadda 'nough said.

A
nd about fifteen minutes later I'm rounding a quiet, mostly deserted street corner at the edge of town, coming into sight of the Wise Man's Archive. I'm just in time to see the front door swing open and smash a scrawny little Po-Matoran in the face, hopefully breaking his nose.

• Upvote 2

IC: Dehkaz

"Here, let's see if the Ussalry has anything on Roth, at least then we'll have a solid lead," Dehkaz interjected, seeing as said guard force's headquarters was before them. He moved towards the door, and entered first.  Only after passing the threshold to the dome-like building did a thought occur to him, one that he probably should have considered before.  So fixated on finding Hari, Dehkaz barely considered how they were going to get the Ussalry to let them look at records on criminals.  They weren't exactly there on official business, but then again, they could always say they were after a missing Guard.

It wouldn't be false, but it wasn't the whole story.

Edited by The Tomorrow Girl

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Onepu

"Of course," the Captain said, taking his seat. He glanced around. "Will the other Akiri be joining us?"

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Hopefully, eventually, but for now we can't afford to waste any time either" Nuparu said.

"We better start making our preparations now and wait for them to come to us"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lash.

Having gathered up the last of her things, Lash and Breathless - flanked by their entourage of guards - reached the city gates. "Goodbye, Onu-Koro," she gave a mock salute, then began walking off into the darkened tunnels.

OOC: Lash to somewhere.... haven't decided yet....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: I go back to my house, unlock it, enter the library. My reflection stops at the door.

Scan: black and white shelves, in order, undamaged; dusty. I breathe in and the dust joins my Earth. Reflection is warped on uncovered tablets. Good. Work time.

Addition of black "Piraka" and subsets and "Legacy" and subsets, white "Kehuri"...Modification of "Ta-Koro," "Ko-Koro," "Vault"...Replication of relevant ones from Earth.

Go to exercise. Meanwhile: plan.

Mistakes are past. Still good to avoid mistakes, and best way to do that is do good, be responsible. Fight the darkness. "Darkness" is black and "fight" is white. Black might also have a lot, maybe equal, but numbers don't matter, it's what you do with them. White needs to put numbers together. I need to put numbers together. Add us up.

It's not about beating them, it's about winning.

I clean, prepare, eat, and go to Nuparu's office.

Edited by The Scottish Play

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Savfina

After some practice with the Exo-Matoran, as per the Quartermaster's instructions, the Po-Turaga knew enough about the operation of the suit to travel with it.

"Just be sure not to go too far with it - you'll drain the batteries."

She nodded as he gave her a mock salute and took his leave.

He'd warned her about traversing extreme environments in the suit, so she thought it best that she didn't venture into Ko-Wahi's mountains for the time being. Perhaps she'd take a trip to Po-Koro first, as a test run.

With her mind made up, she took Blackheart out of the Exo-Matoran storage area and traversed Onu-Koro's larger roadways to the Onu-Po-Koro tunnel.

OOC: Open for interaction, as she makes her way to the tunnel entrance.

IC:Arvas

The Toa of Iron approached the subturranean Koro, the same stern gaze he always had staring straight through into the village. Slung over one shoulder was a large satchel, largely empty. On his other was the back-mounted sheath for his thick, wide blade, barely visible aside from the handle under his wheel-like shield. A life such as his did not permit any permanent housing, when you are perpetually on the move you have no time to settle down. Of all the villages, however, Arvas felt most comfortable in Onu-Koro. His colours and element were not out of place, in fact he blended in with his black armor and dull silver body, and the dark environment made him feel...comfortable. Not too bright, not pitch black. As he neared the village his gaze lightened a little, taking in his favorite place to be, as he looked around with his bright purple eyes, and he gave a sigh. Maybe he would stay a little while. He had no work and had a solid amount of widgets to stay at an inn for a night or two, and besides, even the sturdiest of Toa needed a rest once in a while.

Not to say he was the sturdiest of Toa, as far as Arvas was concerned he was far from it. He was well built, sure, but he had seen plenty of bigger, stronger things in his time. Even so, being able to carry his large sword one-handed alone proved he was at least of some significant strength. As he thought about it, Arvas liked the idea of staying in the village a while more and more, and decided he would.

"Well. Best look around."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

When Gavarm got the message, his heart skipped a beat.

He'd been laxly seated behind his desk, having finished the paperwork of the Rehn hunt; yet his fingers had been hunched over the stories of the attacked Koros, shuffling them like a hand of cards. He'd been dealt unenviable circumstances. However great a success his own mission had been--without casualties, with the defeat of Rehn and associates and the acquisition of loot--a Colonel's view needed to see beyond local gain and loss. In the time he'd been gone, three villages were attacked, and his home had been infiltrated by some of the attackers. Said attackers were presently consolidating even more power without fear of retribution.

Onepu had instilled a regard for the state of the enemy in Gavarm, a percipient outlook from which he could view both sides of the world as though from above. The use of it removed opinions from his mind, letting him drift through the ocean of facts guided by the wind of observation. It was informative. He saw weakness and strength like he never had before, bloody edges and chinks in armor. It was also depressing. The opposition strengthened as his side weakened. The situation was untenable, but it also seemed inescapable. He had to find what he could do to worm through the cracks. There were hostages, so perhaps a rescue...?

The message cut all that short, and his hands flew to their savior, pulling it to eyes that saw what the message said before they read it.

She's ready.

He shivered nervously, then set aside his work and walked out of his office for the stables absently. The last of his mental energy was set to keeping him from sprinting.

[Profiles]

IC:Arvas

Entering the Koro, Arvas looked around. As much fun as leisure time would be, a mercenary's life depended on their ability to find work, you never had a job for long. From what experience he had, two places were the best for such things: Either an inn, where many people meet, rumors are spread and issues are made open to people willing to help solve them, for a price.

Provided you weren't necessarily evil and did things properly, local law enforcement also worked. On occasion they were up for an able-bodied warrior's help in an issue, be it a skilled, armed criminal, a threat to the town's safety, or otherwise. Seeing as the former was generally more of a likely spot, Arvas decided he would try an inn first, and began exploring the village, keeping an eye out.

OOC:Open for interaction, new character.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Oceanna

"Alright! Now we are three!" Oceanna exclaimed as Rannin agreed to join them. She was so excited that she pulled her guitar out and started to play a tune. 

IC:

"Ooooh! Ooooh! Can I join too?"

The massive Toa bounced from foot to foot, arm waving wildly in the air.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: The guards see me coming and salute. I point to the door, and they swing away. Perfect.

I open it and step inside as I close, look toward the target. There's Onepu, and there's Nuparu...and there's Kongu.

Unexpected. Now there's politics to avoid. But this could be helpful; I'm looking for help, more trustworthy people is more help. If we can keep us all on the same page.

I pause and incline my head in their approximate direction. Equal respect should keep everyone happy, I think.

[Profiles]

IC:Arvas-http://imgur.com/oQmHX0A (shield in progress)

Arvas, observing the settlement, spotted a group gathered near...a poster? He couldn't see from there. But if enough were gathering together, it was either because they were friends, or they'd found something interesting. And by interesting, Arvas meant 'likely profitable'. And that was something he was interested in. Not out of greed, but Arvas found himself in a perpetual money shortage; enough to keep him afloat, but never enough to do so for long. Considering where this was, Arvas was intrigued. Acting as calm as he could(IE dead cold), Arvas approached the group.

OOC-Is it alright if I come along too?

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC-Arvas

As he neared, Arvas noted another Fe-Toa spotting him.

"What are you lot so interested in doing? Something's pulled you all together." He asked, crossing his arms(albeit with slight difficulty) in front of his slightly rusted-looking black chest piece.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Toshiko- Onu-koro

IC: Looked like there was a group of people over by one of the billboards. From the hints of conversation floating around in the breezeless cave air it was something to do with a rahkshi hunt.

Sounds fun.

All but hopping up behind the group she spoke up.

"Got room for one more in this oh-so-interesting sounding business adventure of yours?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Kajak/the Toa Akari (Onu-Koro)

A few days after entering the inn, the Akari left Onu-Koro, having gained a decent amount of widgets and a map by working in a factory temporarily. Having gained some knowledge of the island thanks to Tsuda's ability to down large amounts of alcohol whilst keeping a cool head, the six had decided to pay a visit to the Vault underneath Kini-Nui- and, in doing so, hopefully disrupt or hinder the growing forces of evil on the island, even by just a small amount.

OOC: Kajak, Lehti, Tsuda, Akili, Fionne and Tio to Kini-Nui if I have their players' permission.

VBWj75sh.png

IC:

I smiled, looking at the group arrayed in front of me. There was myself, Oceanna, Peho, Rannin, as well as Arvas and Toshiko. Of course, at that point I didn't actually know that they were all called that, so I smiled and spoke.

"So, wait. I'm glad there's six of us - that's a great start to a team - but we need to make sure everybody knows everybody's names. To start with, I'm Ilyin."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now