Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Naru

This just keeps on getting better and better.

Naru had followed Kehuri as the Toa of Earth had made his way towards where other fighters were gathering, already checking her knives. Rahkshi. She hadn't fought them head on before, but she heard of them. In Po-Koro, where only a few had left a trail in destruction in their wake. And now this. The initial scream had been enough for her to hear. Naru nodded to Kehuri as he glanced over to her, no way she was going to leave the novice Toa at a time like this.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: VeritasAs he walked, Veritas unslung his pickaxe. He looked at it. It wasn't terribly sharp, but it was made of strong, solid protodermis that can break rock and chip gravel. Plus, he had quite a lot of strength - for a Matoran, that is - from working in the mines. Not too much, but I think I got what it takes to defend myself from these - Rahkshi, I think that's what I heard. Maybe the others if necessary, I will help if they need it.Veri turned to the others. "Well, I got my pickaxe with me, but I was wondering if you had anything. You seemed to have some contraptions that you can use, I don't know. These seem dangerous."

IC: Tepi

He wasnt armed with much but a small pocket knife. He wasnt a coward but he wasnt stupid. To think he could take a Rahkshi on with just that was foolish.

"Guys?" He asked "What do we do?"

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC: Ranama

Ranama's rest was interrupted by the sound of a serious kerfuffle outside his hut. He stood up in one fluid motion, and strode purposefully outside, then was struck dumb by what he saw. Something cold seemed to burst forth inside his very soul when he saw the Rahkshi. People were running all around, to cover or fight, he knew not.

He dashed back inside, his eyes darting from his worn out mat to the weights in their wooden rack. All his training, only to end up in this situation. Or perhaps this was what he had been training for. He finally turned to his cupboard, almost ripping the doors of their hinges in his haste to get to the contents. He shoved bottles aside, finally reaching his small hatchet that was rested flat against the back. An axe like this was useless against the protosteel armour of a Rahkshi, but if the Kraata was exposed, perhaps he could behead it. It wasn't exactly a risk free plan, but it was either fight or wait to be killed.

He held the hatchet in one hand, and reopened the door, standing in its frame, scared, but prepared.

A passing matoran saw him with the hatchet, and told him to head for the centre of the koro if he was fighting. Ranama broke into a sprint, the sights on the short run tearing him up inside. What had once been the bustling village he called home was now chaos. He couldn't see Rahkshi attackers, but the panic their presence caused was massive.

As he reached the centre of the Koro, he spotted an only slightly more orderly group of all sorts of beings, armed, obviously preparing for a fight. He headed towards them, slinging his hatchet over his shoulder.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Skyra - Le-koro -

"Mimira is old enough to make her own choices...whether or not I approve of them...besides I-"

"Rahkshi ante portas!" Everything just stopped in my mind right then and there. Even has Sisk fell onto the ground in a rather hysterical manner, there was nothing but seriousness and dread written on my face.

Sisk groaned, lying on his back and blinked, looking up at me. He lifted a hand weakly, finger raised. "Message for you, sir." he croaked.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, I had to be calm and rational in situations like this, I couldn't afford my emotions to hinder my duty. I found this more difficult than it used to be, I blamed female hormones.

I opened my eyes again, looking at Sisk, "How many?" Was the first thing I asked. I recalled the last time I'd faced Rahkshi, it had been my first time seeing the terrible beasts, almost became my last too. There had been six of them, and they were powerful, capable of destroying Le-koro all on their own.

"A Legion." That was the response. I almost wanted to cry, we'd lost so many windriders with just six Rahkshi...but a legion of them guaranteed casualties, karz it was optimistic to even consider a possible victory with heavy losses.

This was it. We were gonna have to defend Le-koro, or die trying.

"Where are they? And how close are they to the village?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Sisk rolled over, pushing himself up to his hands and knees, before standing up, swaying a little. He definitely felt a little woozy, but looked at Skyra and said: "Down below, just outside the perimeter...the windriders are already quick-amassing in the village, commander."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Let's go." I said quickly, as an Officer in the Gukko Force, and as a Toa, it was my sworn duty to protect the village. I just hoped their was a village left to protect when this was all over...

I stepped out of the bar and headed toward the massing windriders in the village. I didn't even have to look behind me to now that Tillian, Weta, Skeldan, Naona, and the others would be right behind me. We all had the same job in the end, that's why we were called Toa.

IC:

"Aye ma'am..." Sisk muttered to himself, following the commander while rubbing his neck. He didn't quite know what to think, he was still too dizzy to feel especially scared...but the thought of a legion of Makuta's sons waiting below for them... It did not look good, not at all. Still, there was a duty to be done and so he would do it.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Veritas"Uh, nothing yet. Three Matoran won't be anything with a bunch of Rahkshi. We could, um, hide, but they seem like they won't do anything yet. Like climbing up the trees."Veritas was a little anxious about this. Even so, he would just have to wait.

OOC: Pretend syvra was in that small group. He would have followed litozen anyway since they are kind of partners at the moment.

IC: Syvra

Syvra sat back and watched the group plan and only smirked. He enjoyed watching plans being formed hastily in the heat of battle. As he looked around the group he could not help but feel a little alone. He was the only toa of plantlife in the gathering. But he would not dwell on such things for right now he needed to only worry about his own safety.

Me, Myself and I

He walked through the small group till he stood next to litozen and as he studied what he had drew with his tuning fork he looked at the other toa who had called him and the others here.

"You all are solely concentrating on the offensive matters of plans. From what i have heard no one is thinking of defensive matters. We need a strong defense to truly survive this. You know we are surrounded by plantlife and it could be our most powerful defense right now."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

The Great Spirit has got to be kidding.

I was one of the first warriors to follow Atox's call to arms, and (uncharacteristically) one of the most silent throughout the proceedings. I waited patiently as each of my newfound comrades outlined vague skeletons of plans to repel the inevitable attack; each time, mentally picking apart each of the various flaws that could be found.

Without conscious effort, my mind twisted itself into a running memory of the Rama Hive Battle, superimposed on top of my normal senses. I could see the hordes of infected bugs swarming around the army of freedom fighters, as the two groups tore each other apart in a frenzied battle royale. We had won that day. Technically speaking.

I'm not sure why that particular memory flashed before my eyes right now; apart from the legions of Kuta-spawn surrounding us, there was no connection between the two events. Where the ILS had sought out the fight with the Rama, now the Makuta had brought the war to us. Where we had hundreds of trained fighters on our side, we now had a smattering of actual warriors. Where the infected bugs were akin to sword-fodder, these Rahkshi were superior, even to me.

Add all those facts together, and you have an impossible scenario.

"Our priority has to evacuation," I added, my voice flat and devoid of its usual charm and spirit -- gritty and hollow. "I hate to say it, but without a miracle, there's no way in Karz we can defeat an army like this.

"The Gukko Force and us might be able to hold off an attack by these Kuta-skulls long enough to get the Le-Matoran into the trees, where they'll be able to escape. It's a risky operation, and there's almost no chance of survival for those of us who remain."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: KehuriThe young Toa was about to point out to Syvra that his idea was defensive, but stopped to listen to Naru. "Frankly," he said in response, "I h-had been hoping for a little more important destiny. But if that's what it takes to g-get the Matoran to safety, I'll do it. Also, I agree. That it's our best option."

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

"Hopefully we can survive at least five minutes, if and when they do attack..." It sounded rather pessimistic, but the fact was, it was reality.

I was now in the midst of the group of assorted individuals who were either members of the Gukko Force, some other village's guard, or just individuals who desired to help. Quite frankly it didn't matter to me who they were at this moment, if they desired to help protect the village from the menace below us, then I'd welcome them with open arms. Every person counted.

I frowned a bit as I listened to many of the conversations going on around me, far too many of them were suggesting some sort of preemptive attack on the Rahkshi. This sort of talk had to stop. Now.

I cleared my throat loudly, gaining the attention of everyone in the center of the koro. I was clearly recognized by most, at least by those who had live in Le-koro long, or were members of the Gukko Force. Among my own people, my change of body and gender was rather common knowledge by now, word travels fast in Le-koro. Those who didn't obviously had never known me in the first place, but I was recognized as a member of the Gukko Force by my badge, high ranking one at that. They would listen to me.

"I assume that everyone present here is to defend Le-koro, because they feel it is their duty, and I am more than grateful for that." I paused, trying to look into as many faces as I could, it was a bit haunting almost. "Now I want to make something perfectly clear, so that we are all on the same page. We will not, under any circumstances, attack or provoke the Rahkshi below us. Our objective is the defence of this village and the protection of it's people."

I was stern and sharp in my speech, but I wasn't harsh. "I'm not gonna lie to you, if those monsters below us actually do attack, we have little to no chance of defeating them. I know this from personal experience, a single Rahkshi alone is more deadly than three Toa put together, and there is a legion of them lurking below us, possibly more hiding in the shadows. We do not know if they will actually attack, it could simply be intimidation and a way to instill fear into our hearts, and if that's the case I dare say it's working very well." I paused.

"Therefore, our best bet is to evacuate as many civilians and non-combats as we can, and be prepared to defend their escape if the Rahkshi attack. That is the key, setting up the best defence we possibly can while we evacuate the populace." My fellow windriders seemed to be in complete agreement with me, or at least respected my rank enough not to question it. As for everyone else, well only time would tell, I sincerely hoped none of them were stupid or insane enough to ignore what I said and attack the Rahkshi anyway, of course if anyone tried such a reckless act on my watch, they'd never make it past me, much less attack a Rahkshi.

IC: Kehaga - Le-koro -

"Commander Skyra seemed to have that covered." Kehaga remarked with a rather quiet voice. "We're all gonna die aren't we?"

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Kehaga - Le-koro -

"Yeah...." Kehaga said in a deflated, depressed manner. After a few moments he turned to look at Kunitu,, since Kehaga was sitting on an elevated branch they meet eye to eye.

"Look, I know I'm normally quite a screw up, a bit of a coward, and really suck at my job but....I want you to know that I won't run away, not this time. I'll fight till my last breath...if I have to." Even has he said this his legs were trembling. "Just promise me that...we'll stick together...I'm afraid to die alone."

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth gave the Gukko Force Officer his attention and nodded as she finished. That was pretty much what Plagia had said, although this Toa didn't mention anything about evacuation.

"Excuse me," he said, stepping forward politely, "Kehuri, of the Island Liberation Front." For some reason, saying that gave him a little bit more courage. It made him feel like he mattered. "What of the civilians? Should we have them evacuate?"

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

"Of course, I believe I already said that." I said in response to the Toa of Earth before me.

"Though by the looks of things, the evacuation has already begun." I said as I glanced around the village. Indeed many villages and other people were leaving, largely via gukko. "We just need to make sure no one is left behind, and that none of those monsters below are able to stop anyone from leaving."

Edited by A billion cats

He flushed as he realized he'd missed that. Way to screw up a moment of pride. "Right, sorry about that." His mind went back to Pala-Koro, when he toppled a tree out of anger. Maybe he could use that to help out later. He wanted to add something... Well, might as well. "I... I could try to topple some trees to make a barricade. If that'll help."

BZPRPG Profiles

"You want to topple trees over?" I asked, a bit perplexed. The whole concept sounded very destructive and absolutely pointless. "Considering Le-koro is dozens of trees connected together with platforms, I seriously doubt that would help in the slightest."

"I also have faced Rahkshi before, and I can recall they had the ability to fly. So I don't think toppled trees would really hinder them much, in fact it might help them. Besides that, no one should be going down there to the ground level, that might provoke the Rahkshi to attack."

I was starting to wonder the Island Liberation Squad's recruiting methods. I supposed this guy was recruited for his brute strength alone. "Just be ready to fight some Rahkshi should they become hostile. Leave the barricading and such to us locals."

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Argentum - Slate

A period of doing nothing usually made adrenaline go around your body faster than a fat person hungry for food heading towards the closest source of fried meat and sweet drinks. Obviously, this was what happened to both Argentum and Slate. Both of them had experience about fights. Battles. A full clash between 2 armies? A...little bit rarer, surprisingly.

Both of them stood near Skyra; they both knew of him from his reputation, and knew to listen, even if the Toa didn't have the badge of Commander of the Gukko Force.

The problem with listening was that there were problems. Argentum was fine with defending; they were at an advantageous spot. The problem? Said spot could be destroyed easily. And, if everyone around them all agreed, the main problem was survival, and that was the harder thing.

As for Slate, he hated how nobody wanted to just jump down and smash all of them. He had no doubt that if everyone worked out a plan to use their elemental and mask powers together, the Rahkshi would be crushed under their foot like a massive group of ants against a single beetle capable of breathing fire.

It was just a matter of nullifying the ant's venomous spit.

"I also have faced Rahkshi before, and I can recall they had the ability to fly. So I don't think toppled trees would really hinder them much, in fact it might help them. Besides that, no one should be going down there to the ground level, that might provoke the Rahkshi to attack." Skyra said, and instantly, both Slate and Argentum knew what they could do to help.

"They're still metal, and they're still solids. We have Toa of Magnetism, Gravity, and we can limit their movement severely. If we play defense, then we have to try and make sure they can't reach us....or topple our trees."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"I... didn't know they could fly," Kehuri said in a last attempt to salvage his pride. He swore silently. That did make defending the place that much harder. He wished now that he was back in Onu-Koro. The tight tunnels could definitely help defend. He hadn't realized it before, but Le-Koro's exposed position made him feel uneasy now. All it had to go for it was camouflage.

He gave Argentum a look that said 'gee, thanks' full of sarcasm, though not with contempt. Still warm from his embarrassment, he gave Skyra a nod, "Yeah, I'll just let the natives figure everything out..."

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: When I rejoined this game, I thought I'd be doing it slowly and gently -starting out with one or two characters, maybe introducing a couple more as time went on...

I was wrong. Pulling out all the stops for this one.

IC (Weta): Weta gazed out over the edge of the village, down at the mass of multi-coloured mosters that were standing on the village's doorstep. He could hardly believe what he was seeing - he had no idea that many Rahkshi existed in the wholw world, let along that they might attack Le-koro. He had always assumed that the Makuta was satisfied to stay with his sons, deep with in Mangaia, and slowly watch as fear and chaos robbed the island of its virtues. Then as more and more darkness spread over Mata Nui, he would already have won, and brought his shadows to the hearts of even the bravest and most loyal toa and Matoran. Since none had the will to challenge him, Weta had assumed that Makuta had achieved his goal of dominion over the island. Evidently, he had been wrong.

"So many" he breather, still struggling to comprehend what he was looking at. Such a force of Rahksh iwas overwhelming, far greater than any other force on the island, even the heroic ILF. Le-koro would need assistance from the Great Spirit himself to avoid ruin.

Then Skyra kicked into action. The gukko force commandeer had realised what needed to be done, and had set about doing it. That was Duty, the second virtue, Weta saw. It was part of being a toa that you did what was right and protected others from evil, whatever that evil looked like. Weta hurried after him, ready to stand with him and the others as the commander set about organising the village's defense. Here with the friends he trusted in the place he loved, he would stand side by side with his fellow Le-koronans, and take part in whatever the Great Spirit had in store for them. Those were the other two virtues, Unity and Destiny.

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna was up early hte next day, and had been around the village, taking in the changes from the last time he had been here. Zealokan wasn't such an early riser at the best of times, let along after drinking as much as he had. The toa of sonics let him lie.

That was up until, shortly after noon, the ground shook, cracked open, and vomited an horde of Rahkshi out onto the landscape. He immediately switched from his pleasant village tour to battle-mode. He had spent a long time working as a body-guard, so defense was something he was well familiar with. Defending a whole village, though, and against such a large army, not so much. Ah well, he would do what he could.

Wait on just a moment another part of him seemed to say. Did you just decide to take on a hoard of Rahkshi? Certain death for no reward? You did allright against one, but what happens when the Rahkshi outnumber you five to one? There's nothing to stop you from leaving now, sneaking out of the koro and letting the foolish "heroes" get themselves killed. Go, hide, and wait until this blows over.

"No" he said outloud, rebutting his inner voice. "That's not all there is to it". The Hau Karda, Miha, Zealokan, Havon and the others, they forced me to grow a conscience. Showed me how to have a bit of hope. I wasn't joking earlier when I spoke of the Hau Karda's legacy. The play ended in disaster. We didn't rescue Hafu from his kidnappers, or Havon from his drinking, or the island from Makuta. But we did redeem one Toa back of out apathy and hopelessness. If I leave now, the Hau Karda's legacy dies.

With his resolve set, Dekuna turned his feet towards the centre of the village, where other beings were already gathering to plan the village's defense. The toa of sonics went and stood among them, listening.

IC (Lema): Since the battle of Pala-koro, where Lema's infected mask had been removed and cleansed, he had returned to his previous duties, watching the jungles around Le-koro for anything that might pose a threat to the village, such as infected rahi and the like. What he discovered on this day was beyond his usual expectations. Luckily, he was on the opposite side of the village from the Rahkshi, so he wasn't caught up in their advance. He rushed towards Le-koro, and using a strong gust of wind to aid him, leapt up onto the lower platforms. He ddin't have great relations with the koro, but circumstances forced him to put that aside. The village would need every toa to aid it in fending off the sons of Makuta. He had killed one Rahkshi in the past, so maybe he could repeat the feet. Using his mask of speed, he ran up to where the guard and other were gathering.

IC (Matan and Natan): The two Skakdi traders had blossomed since joingin the Cultured Gentry, and were especially pleased when it looked like the group was set to gain more influence in the village of air. Business was booming, as they say, right up until the Makuta sent out his sons. The two brothers were working away on a batch of gukko-harnesses and disk launchers when the screaches sounded, tearing through the village with their numbers and intensity. The last time those screams had been heard in Le-koro, the Skakdi had paniced, running for cover and desperately paying a nearby toa to stand between them and the monsters. Reflecting on the experience, they had hardly shown the honour or courage that many other beings had. It was a source of shame to them.

This time, however, they exchanged a wordless look and reached for their weapons. They would do better this time, not caving in to their fear, but proving their metal. They were determined to show that they were more than just wimpy greengrossers - they were Skakdi, surviviors of millennia of civil war. If there was a fight to be had, they would be there and show why the Skakdi weren't extict yet - their race were fighters and survivors.

In under a minute, both Skakdi were outside their house and moving purposefully through the village. Only then did they realise how many Rahkshi they were up against. It was too late to turn back, however. A toa was striding next to them, heading for the group of warriors on the central platform. They couldn't stop without shaming themselves again. They went onward and joined the group.

OOC: For those coordinating here, that's toa of magnetism, sonics and air plus Skakdi of plantlife and iron. All are ready and willing to help.

ppg2.png

IC: Litozen"The current evacuation is indeed excellent for protecting the Matoran, but under the current plans I hate to think that the village will be lost." He seemed dismayed at such a prospect. But then again, it would be better to evacuate and rebuild later than to sustain massive loss of life. "I'm not saying we should attack the Rahkshi. That would be downright stupid. But we need more than just a defensive plan if we are to come out alive." He shuddered at the thought of losing his own life in such an event.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

*To anyone*

"Look... we can plan all we want but we all know full well when that gate comes down, which it will, we're all dead if we stay here. Le-Koro" He looked at the others "Le-Koro is a lost cause. Now I suggest we get out of here. Does anyone know anyway out that the Rahkshi hasnt blocked... maybe a tunnel, or... or something"

OOC: Im not sure if this is what we are doing right now, but I think every one in Le-Koro should be together. It seems fitting for what, for all we know, is a last stand. A bunch of different stories coming together sounds kind of poetic.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

"They're still metal, and they're still solids. We have Toa of Magnetism, Gravity, and we can limit their movement severely. If we play defense, then we have to try and make sure they can't reach us....or topple our trees."
I wasn't sure who this guy was, but his half-baked idea actually had some merit to it. "That...is not a bad idea. If the Rahkshi begin their attack, we can most certainly use Magnetism and Gravity to slow down and hinder their movements, make it nearly impossible for them to go airborne. It wouldn't be enough to stop them, not all of them, but it would certainly buy us time if needed."
They began to talk among themselves, discussing are decisively few options.
"Look... we can plan all we want but we all know full well when that gate comes down, which it will, we're all dead if we stay here. Le-Koro" He looked at the others "Le-Koro is a lost cause. Now I suggest we get out of here. Does anyone know anyway out that the Rahkshi hasn't blocked... maybe a tunnel, or... or something"
A Toa of Plasma nodded and pointed towards Tepi. "This bro has it right, I think. There's no point in defending Le-Koro. We need to get as many people out as possible, not keep on defending a city that will inevitably burn."
I decided this needed to be addressed. "The only way out of here is via flight. Gukko are already beginning to taxi civilians out of here. Of course they can only carry so many at a time." The was the problem there, while the evacuation was ongoing, it wasn't going to be a quick process, we had a lot of gukko, but even more people to evacuate. It was gonna take a lot of time.
"We're only gonna defend Le-koro till every last non-combatant has been evacuated, then we're getting ourselves out of here." I really didn't like the idea of abandoning my home, but I knew we had no real chance of winning in a fight against so many Rahkshi. "As for Le-koro burning, that's not quite as easy as you'd think. The trees are thick, damp and moist. They don't burn easily. Not that they really need to burn Le-koro to destroy it."

"With all sue respect, Skyra. What use is a village with out its people? Are we so sure the Rahkshi will attack if we are not inside. And if running isnt an option, then... I suggest and ambush Im an engineer, and a good one at that. I could construct so traps... if some one got me the resources I need"

IC: Litozen

Nodding at the others' remarks, Litozen considered the evacuation may be favourable when he deals with the dirty business. But the amount of teamwork required would make timing an absolute priority for any move."Of course. THe Matoran should always be the highest priority. Villages can be rebuilt, but their lives can't be replaced." He gave a solemn look to the others.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)