Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

There's actually an even simpler way of putting this.Does the attack you are performing naturally occur? A ball of fire doesn't. A randome lightning strike doesn't, not without the right weather conditions. Stone doesn't just form itself, nor does metal, water, earth, etc. Now, a flaming piece of wood, that will continue without the aid of EE. So it works. Inside the field, anything elemental energy based doesn't work. And since the Garai does affect the world in an unnatural, and energy using, way, it shouldn't work.I visualize it like a big circle around Pala-Koro. Outside the circle, everything is normal. But inside, it's like elemental energy doesn't exist. so anything fueled by it stops working.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So, who wants a drunk character to get on stage during the le-koro concert and sing "Everyone's a Hero" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'm just putting the idea out there. I really would get a kick out of someone messing up the concert lke that.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So, who wants a drunk character to get on stage during the le-koro concert and sing "Everyone's a Hero" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?
IT'S EVERYWHERE
It's everywhere because of me, you know. I've been getting everyone to watch it. XDBut, soon I might have a character who would actually fit the necessary requirements for singing that song, so maybe. :P- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

For an example, I would use a human body. A human uses carbohydrates (And fat) for power. All cells need power to function, or they die - this is drawn from the same 'pool of power'. So, some energy might be used for moving legs, and some might be used for making your brain function, and some used to make sure your organs work. Now, bring this example to a Toa, a Toa is using the same energy for both using a mask and using an element - except that, you are blocking the energy of an element, but not the energy used for things like moving muscles. As such, Mask power uses the same energy as elemental power, so if the mask is a mask of an element, it would therefore be using elemental energy, at least indirectly.
No, elemental power is a separate "battery" than the the main energy a Toa runs on. Otherwise the Toa Metru would be tired after emptying their reserves, and the Toa Nuva would not be able to use their mask powers when the Bohrok-Kal shut off their elemental powers. A mask can work indefinitely so long as the Toa is awake and focusing, and is not dead tired in other ways. Elemental power is a separate fuel.That is also what caused this argument: The Garai is explicitly an Elemental mask, but it does not drain from the Toa's elemental energy, as far as we can tell. I argue that it still uses an equivalent of elemental manipulation that the field would pick up on, but it's iffy.

It had been stated and shown many times in the canon that elemental energy, Toa energy, and physical/mental energy are all completely different things. Masks require concentration, or physical/mental energy, in order to function. As far as I can tell, there's no reason why the Garai should require an entirely different source of energy than other masks in order to function. It's simply a mask with the power to raise or lower the pull of gravity on something other than the user, which hardly makes it different than, say, a Matatu. There's a difference between blocking EE and blocking all elemental powers, regardless of how they're powered.I am aware that we do not always follow canon, though, so Nuju can decide whether we will stick to canon or not n his issue, though I see no reason why we wouldn't.

Answer me this: does any makuta follower even wear Garai?
I don't think so. This is mostly the time-honored tradition of debating the mechanics of how things work, even if the end answer may never be used in any way shape or form. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Answer me this: does any makuta follower even wear Garai?
I don't keep tabs on every Makuta follower in the game, so I have no idea. It's a moot point, though: I'm not discussing this to try and give either side an advantage; I'm just trying to clarify how this machine works, and what its logical limitations are.

^^ In other words: Pointless debate, yay!
Speaking as an experienced school debater, debate is never pointless. :PDespite the fact there is no current reason for it, it is a good idea to iron out what the nullifiers can and cannot do. Considering how quickly characters are created, and the fact that the nullifiers are likely to be in place for quite a while, it is good to make sure we know OOC what the limits are. I mean, the ILS has a lot of enemies. Statistically speaking, one of them will eventually use a Garai.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hey, Constructman, at least he gave an apology. I have a low patience level for posts as well, so I know how you feel. Just don't get worked up. I've been banned from computer use enough times to know the general idea of being physically incapable of posting. Some people have stuff to do, and they can't help but annoy the person on the other end of the RP.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

If you're getting annoyed after only a day or so of not getting a reply, then you really should work on finding a new hobby or practice some Transcendental Meditation.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

It's really not, though. When you factor in time zones, and college, and things that people do with their actual lives, twenty four hours is a decent ETA for a reply post. Spitfire RPing is convenient, but rarely does it turn out to be anything more than briefly engaging. Wait for the reply of the person you're playing with; the game will be much more enjoyable when there's time and effort put into it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

It's really not, though. When you factor in time zones, and college, and things that people do with their actual lives, twenty four hours is a decent ETA for a reply post. Spitfire RPing is convenient, but rarely does it turn out to be anything more than briefly engaging. Wait for the reply of the person you're playing with; the game will be much more enjoyable when there's time and effort put into it.-Teezy
.....Are you suggesting some people who play this game actually have lives?!?!?! Blasphemy!While 24 hour replies are a long time for some people, for others they are relatively fast. In my case, though, since most of the time I'm awake on bzp pressing f5 for approximately 9 hours a day (that's 15 hours of sleep, car rides, and school, for those who don't wanna do the math), I consider myself to be pretty fast by that standard. Although most times my characters are horribly inactive or I'm waiting for someone else to post.

I thought you can simply unplug and re-plug a modem anywhere in the house. My parents have done it.Now if you move a modem out of the satellite service area, then you have a problem. Unless the line that ends the service area divides your house or something like that?I have a laptop thanks to school as well. I had one before, of course, but the one from school is more portable.

Pk57sNJ.jpg