Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I wouldn't say "passively". "Actively" would be more accurate.Not only that, but inaccurate. If you'll look up above, you'll see some hinting that there will be village activity. Not to mention, you make it sound like the staff are actively trying to exclude you and you alone, constantly. They're not.
Nah, that's not my intention at all. I'm just a (relatively) new guy trying to have fun while I wait for stuff to actually happen that is relevant on my end XDI mean, come on, let's just put ourselves into my shoes for a moment (don't worry, my feet don't smell that bad and it's only for a second *shot*): Here I am, enjoying my own RP experiences, but lately every now and then certain individuals understandably get very busy (and/or timezone issues). I'm perfecty fine with this and can wait patiently or find something to do while I wait. Meanwhile, I come here and people are worshiping the posts of Tuck and the rest of the people currently taking part in what seems to be the endgame RP for the "2012" arc for the amazingness (length) and depth of their posts. I decide to employ some simple sarcasm to voice what most "minors" like me are thinking but won't actually say, all in a joking manner of fun, of course, to break the monotony. =3

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Well, you could always make another character. That would help seeing that if one character gets stuck, you can do some RPing elsewhere.

But don't do what I did and make thirty of them. You'll just forget about half of them and the half you remember will get little character development. Heck, my chars aren't getting much development as is...

Edited by Constructman

To construct a larger statement upon he who preceded me:

Make enough characters and they become annoying bags of hit-points.

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

REWARD: Draeverian Joskiir wanted by Onu-Koro Ussalry.

Draeverian Joskiir, a blind Toa of sound, is a suspected accomplish for the Great Mine Bombing. Still currently at large, he is wanted alive for interrogation.

If any of your characters happened to pass through Onu-Koro since the mine bombing, feel free to start looking for DJ.

Thanks!

Edited by Riaril

Meanwhile, I come here and people are worshiping the posts of Tuck and the rest of the people currently taking part in what seems to be the endgame RP for the "2012" arc for the amazingness (length) and depth of their posts.

Is it bad to say that you like some good writing? Those posts are commented on for a reason. I don't see your issue.

Should we be talking about you be patient or something?

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Po has had the Rahkshi attack, Onewa's kidnapping and destruction of the HQ, Onewa being kidnapped again, the airship attack ...

What did I miss?

I'm pretty sure you got everything. :P

Honestly, I don't think the staff will make Po-Koro be attacked first- I mean, it's already had a whole bunch of stuff happen to it, they aren't that cruel to make it first to be attacked... I hope. If it was attacked first, though, I think I'd laugh and then see what I could do.

I agree with Voutok, to an extent. It doesn't feel good to be so overshadowed by such posts as Stannis and Joske and the rest get. And I do wish the average character could be more involved with the story (which it looks like it might be possible with the Rahi attack). But I understand how difficult such a task could be, given the number of characters, and the quality of the posts made by inexperienced RPers. I also appreciate the side stories such as the Peers plot, which do allow for storyline importance for the average character. Really, there is no perfect way to manage this. If everyone could have a hand in Makuta's downfall, it would be complete and total chaos, and when that isn't possible, it leaves people with characters like Kehuri sorely wishing they could do something important. But really, I think it's being handled in the best way manageable, and I commend the mods and other big guys for that.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

To construct a larger statement upon he who preceded me:

Make enough characters and they become annoying bags of hit-points.

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

REWARD: Draeverian Joskiir wanted by Onu-Koro Ussalry.

Draeverian Joskiir, a blind Toa of sound, is a suspected accomplish for the Great Mine Bombing. Still currently at large, he is wanted alive for interrogation.

If any of your characters happened to pass through Onu-Koro since the mine bombing, feel free to start looking for DJ.

Thanks!

I'll draw his picture for the wanted poster, huh? ;3

On another note.

I uh.

i'm scared to check out kini.

mainly because

zauk has been there for the past three months or so.

maybe longer.

he doesn't seem to want to leave.

halp

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I wouldn't say "passively". "Actively" would be more accurate.Not only that, but inaccurate. If you'll look up above, you'll see some hinting that there will be village activity. Not to mention, you make it sound like the staff are actively trying to exclude you and you alone, constantly. They're not.
Nah, that's not my intention at all. I'm just a (relatively) new guy trying to have fun while I wait for stuff to actually happen that is relevant on my end XDI mean, come on, let's just put ourselves into my shoes for a moment (don't worry, my feet don't smell that bad and it's only for a second *shot*): Here I am, enjoying my own RP experiences, but lately every now and then certain individuals understandably get very busy (and/or timezone issues). I'm perfecty fine with this and can wait patiently or find something to do while I wait. Meanwhile, I come here and people are worshiping the posts of Tuck and the rest of the people currently taking part in what seems to be the endgame RP for the "2012" arc for the amazingness (length) and depth of their posts.I decide to employ some simple sarcasm to voice what most "minors" like me are thinking but won't actually say, all in a joking manner of fun, of course, to break the monotony. =3

You seem to get shot very frequently. Good luck with the medical bill.

I think it would be best to just wait for 2013 for another chance to jump into the main plot. It's what I'm doing. That, lurking around here, and trying to make an RPG that welcomes any random player into the main plot.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

What were the major events in the last six months? Also, what would be a good place to re-insert a character?

The Turaga are dead, the WC have transformed into the Toa Maru, and the Final Battle is about to commence. Rahi are attacking the Kini-Nui while the Maru have begun their descent into Mangaia.

If the villages get attacked it will probably happen all at once. Probably with a certain amount of copypasting to save time and effort on the part of the staff.

Gravity: You could just say that he got freaked out and ran for it. Giant hoard of rahi charging you is enough to shake most people's nerves

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

You could have him join the army of rahi (with a few other things) that is attacking Joske and Co. at Kini-Nui. Or you could wait until the attack on the villages happens.

The attack on the villages is just a guess on my part, but from everything so far and following the pattern that the staff usually use, it seems fairly likely.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On another note, I will be very un-active until the end of the year. Big exams coming up and stuff. So I will be here to check and stuff, but I won't be in any big plots for now. So since I guess since the ILF can do with two placeholder Toas and The Matoran Team is inactive, I'm good. However, I MAY appeqr from ime to time, so you'll see me around, just really sporadically.

I agree with Voutok, to an extent. It doesn't feel good to be so overshadowed by such posts as Stannis and Joske and the rest get. And I do wish the average character could be more involved with the story (which it looks like it might be possible with the Rahi attack). But I understand how difficult such a task could be, given the number of characters, and the quality of the posts made by inexperienced RPers. I also appreciate the side stories such as the Peers plot, which do allow for storyline importance for the average character.Really, there is no perfect way to manage this. If everyone could have a hand in Makuta's downfall, it would be complete and total chaos, and when that isn't possible, it leaves people with characters like Kehuri sorely wishing they could do something important. But really, I think it's being handled in the best way manageable, and I commend the mods and other big guys for that.

I don't think you're approaching this with the right attitude (and this goes fo Voutok, too). The characters involved with the story were chosen in a contest several months ago from a pool of regular Matoran played by regular members. Average characters; in fact, they were below average at the time. We were selected based on personal merit in writing and the depth of the characters entered. It's true that we are, as a team, accomplished players, but that wasn't necessarily the case when we were selected, so thinking that we have our place in the game's universe because we were that awesome already is a false point of view. You could have been in our shoes, too, had you been around then, but you weren't, so tough luck this time, try again next time.

If you feel like you are being overshadowed by the posts made for our characters then I'm sorry you feel that way but I can't say I sympathize. We make such posts because it's called for, because the plot we are a part of is just that big and awesome. Furthermore, instead of feeling down about it, why not try reach for the levels you feel we display; reach for the stars by emulating those you admire, don't just sulk because you're not there. I think that was a reason why Nuju Metru chose to have regular players play this large set of roles in the game, to set a gold standard for others to try and reach for. It's a good rationale and one to be taken to heart.

You're right that having everybody be involved in this shebang would be messy, but even that is stemmed from a wrong view. See, this is all one huge story and we all play our parts. Think of the game as a tree and everybody is a twig or branch. The bigger our branches the more energy we can create, but we all perform the tasks of photosynthesis and feed the organism as a whole. You can't worry because your shadow isn't as big as someone else's, but you can try and grow bigger to be a bigger component of the organism. Try and grow, don't fret because you feel isolated.

Now with that all said, I have a bit of personal advice: Stop trying to insert Kehuri's name into everything. Kehuri has no feelings, he is not cornered off because the universe hates him and he isn't a helpless saint. This self-promoting of you and your character isn't exactly appreciated and isn;t garnering any sympathy votes. Just play him like a normal guy in a wonky world. So what if he isn't a central character? He still has a role to play, as all characters do, and that's that. The time may come that he gets involved in something epic and "important" how you see it, but that won't just happen because you want him to be in that something great, it will be because he is at the right place at the right time, because people see merit in you and see merit in the character, and may be because of a contest or because you were able to incorporate him in something greater run by other characters.

If I had to make a tl;dr version of this post, it would be: Appreciate the role you have and know you have purpose in the game; don't think you're being left out, aspire for greatness by working towards it, not by expecting it to come to you.

To the above^

Generally what he's saying is "Like any other good game, to be respected you need to be good at it".

I learnt that the hard way here. :?

problem is

would an obviously mentally unstable toa who's hunted rahi his entire life run from something like that

._.

Well
My character is currently dumbfounded as to what to do with 'Akuz'
So
Maybe if I help you you could help me out; I want to knock myself out.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Very well put, uhm... EW, right? (I can't keep track of all these name changes! :wacko: )

It is a pity I wasn't here earlier. I really would have loved to, whether I'd been chosen or not. It feels like I've missed out on a lot. I hope I'll be able to make up for that with the next story change.

Well, what I meant about being overshadowed was more because of plot-centric reasons. People probably hype up Stannis and Heuani posts because they've been around and people are so attached to them more than anything else. And you don't have to worry about me not striving to reach their level. I'm working on it. ;)

And while your metaphor with the tree is a nice image, I still can't say I can agree with it. Haro (R.I.P.), for example, I put in there simply as a time waster, and a way to express my love of the sea (pity I decided to get ambitious and ended up getting him killed. But I learned from that). I simply can't see him as being part of that tree. Demothi, on the other hand, could play a part in the Kyju story, but I mostly just made him for the sake of having fun with an illusionist. I understand that any character can be a part of the tree, but I don't think that everyone actually is by default. And I'm sorry about always throwing Kehuri around. He's my pet character, and the one closest to myself, personality-wise, so I have a habit of doing that. I'll tone it down from now on. Still, he grew to become the type that wants to make a big impact, and my own emotions do push him along. As a result, I admit that his emotions often translate over into mine, or vice-versa. I know it's not a good thing, and I'm trying to distance myself from him, but until I do manage, I still wish he could photosynthesize a bit more. Eheh...

But I appreciate your words, encouragement and advice (and criticism), and I'll focus on heeding them. And once again, I still think the mods and other important people here are doing a fantastic job, and they should keep up the good work.

BZPRPG Profiles

To my understanding the 2013 year of the plot is specifically designed to give players more involvement and input.Also, don't forget about characters like Korero. He wasn't submitted in the contest. He wasn't a long-standing member of the WC. I never thought I had a chance of getting involved with the WC plot.And yet, look at him now - he's one of the most powerful Toa on the island, with a cool mask, and is about to fight Makuta in the climax of this year's plot. If that doesn't illustrate what you can achieve if you just TRY then I don't know what does.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

You tried? I thought he just happened to be in the right place at the right time! Not being cynical or sarcastic, that's honestly what I thought. But yeah, I totally see what you mean, and I never assumed there wouldn't be opportunities down the road.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

Meanwhile, I come here and people are worshiping the posts of Tuck and the rest of the people currently taking part in what seems to be the endgame RP for the "2012" arc for the amazingness (length) and depth of their posts. I decide to employ some simple sarcasm to voice what most "minors" like me are thinking but won't actually say, all in a joking manner of fun, of course, to break the monotony. =3

I know EW's already commented, but I feel like it has to be specifically said again that this statement is unabashedly and objectively wrong.

These posts aren't amazing because they're long: if I could fit characterization into semi-consistent four or five paragraph posts (which I can and will do, a lot of times) then people will compliment me (not worship - how you got that I have no idea) because hey, that was really good characterization, and I'm proud of it, and I put work into it! That's why people appreciate those kinds of posts: not because of length, but because of, as you also said above, depth: the creativity and the thought and the skill put into those posts are what people appreciate about them.

"Simple sarcasm" aside, I've noticed this argument pop up a few times recently. To think it's because Aaron, Tuck, and the Toa Maru enjoy stepping on "you little people" is not only totally out of left field in regards to how the players of this game feel about each other, but it's insulting to us. It's not our fault that you're not involved in the plot; it's not yours, either. You just weren't here. I'm sorry you weren't, because you probably would be able to enjoy these posts a bit more for what they were if you had been, but the fact remains that you weren't.

And that's not our fault.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Pretty much all my characters who've been "important" have been that way simply because I began attempting to add to the story as opposed to metagaming my way onto either side of the conflict. I don't illogically jump into story arcs, I continue their fabric and add a new flavor. I certainly don't complain about not being a major part of the staff plot; I missed my chance and I take responsibility for it. So, instead of awkwardly shoving my characters into the Peers plot, I find a plot that's interesting not because it's garnered attention in GD, but because I think it's genuinely fun-looking. If there aren't any, I create one and continue doing so until it's noticed, if even by one other person, because I consider any interaction "important" in this kind of game.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Woah a lot of people commented. *pops fingers*Ok, first off I would like to just quote something from one of my own posts on this matter to try and make it more clear:

...I decide to employ some simple sarcasm to voice what most "minors" like me are thinking but won't actually say, all in a joking manner of fun, of course, to break the monotony. =3
Please do not read the majority of my comments on this thread (including this one) as some upset kid who wants to take over the RP but can't stand how everyone else gets more attention. I'm just a cheery fellow passing time and attempting some minor humor for ultimately self-amusement while I wait for posts. All in fun of course. =3 (hint hint: if "*shot*", "=P", "=3", or "XD" are in the post, chances are I'm joking around and/or am not fully meaning what I say.)Now then, let's see who's on the "Things to Reply to" list...@Constructman and Riaril: I have often considered making a second character, but then I usually decide not to, mainly because I prefer using one well-developed character over a dozen half-done ones. Well, I kinda put a lot of thought into characters. Like, I set aside part of a day to finalize Voutok for this thing. I could easily make another character, of course, but I feel like I should wait it out a bit and fully get the flow of the RP as a whole. That and the 2013 Arc. Can't forget that, can we?@Visaru: What problem? I see no problem here. =3 I understand why they're commented on and I have nothing against them at all, I'm just jokingly alluding to the dozens of "little people" around here and putting all this into perspective and highlight how all these awesome events are happening are happening at the same time as some pointlessly irrelevant "normal" event. For the purpose of humor, of course. To give a simplified example: "Woah! That Toa just called down a meteor shower to wipe out all those rahi! Meanwhile, Matoran stubs his toe on a rock! Oh no!" *shot*@Axilus Prime: Oh you don't even want to know about my current medical insurance! *shot* On a more serious note: Yeah, I think the potential Rahi attack will be a nice change of pace that could help with that. Maybe. I dunno. It would be nice to have something to slash at, regardless XD@EW(?), Draezeth, and Tyler: As I have said before but am more than happy to say again: I have no qualms with the posts for Joske or Stannis or anyone themselves. They're good pieces of writing (though, as Draezeth said I am clearly not as attached to the characters as the BZPRPG veteran players are, so for me they lose the "charm" that has understandably captivated many) and I can respect that. I'm not bitter in the slightest about any of this whatsoever. Naturally, anyone would feel a little microscopic when the ultimate battle is occurring and you feel like what you're doing means jack by comparison. Of course, that is just natural feelings that I can almost guarantee most "minors" are thinking in some form or fashion, and it in no way is the reason why I post these kinds of comments. As I've said, this is mostly just me amusing myself as I patiently wait for stuff to happen. Well, if they spark a discussion because in my little burst of semi-sarcasm there's some passive meaning that is apparently a good point, win-win for all of us =3 I know it takes time and to really get to such a position, and if down the road such a position ended up with my character that would definitely be appreciated. Again, none of what I have said has been intentionally bitter at all. That's the bad thing about text: you can't "read" the attitude in which the text was written XD...Wow that was a lot of comments. Good thing I enjoy writing, I guess. *shot* Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

For those slightly irritated by the fact that they weren't picked to be the main characters in this plotline, look at your old posts.

A lot has changed, hasn't it?

You've probably improved beyond what you thought possible at one point. Look at how much more creativity, style in writing, and ingenuity have appeared since the start of this story are. I'll guarantee that you see at least some change for the better.

I was a little irritated too, not being one of the major chars in the staff plotline, but like Tyler said, it's not their fault. It may be a little bit mine for being such a noob, but that's my problem, not his.

I'm happy for any personal growth from this, and I'm glad to be playing this RPG with all you guys. YOU ROCK!!!!! :tounge:

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Ok, ok, ok... enough said guys. The point has been CLEARLY made, no need to keep re-visiting this issue. This is simply the cycle of the Bzprpg: much time is spent getting the pieces together and slowly building to a climax, sometimes even secretly, until the point it which it suddenly all goes down.

At this point nothing can be done, this roller coaster is already in the middle of it's run, nothing can stop it now :P So sit down, be quiet, strap in, and hang on, because things are going to get REAL interesting REAL quick both topside and below ground.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

...I feel like that was a "hint hint wink wink" statement.Directing 90% of attention to the Onu-Wahi topic. *shot*

"Wrong."