Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Why do we have BZPRPG time? Obviously, Vakama must've dropped the Mask of Time at some point in the past hundred years. :P

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

..... darnit wotz, you took away my quote opportunity

Anyway. Time is, from our perspective, a line. Even if we loop back or forward, we're still traveling forward on our own personal timeline. Actually, Tuck typed up a big long post in one of the Contest RPGs that illustrated this pretty well.Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ummm... I dunno if this is off topic, but my account was new enough that it was deleted. I remade it and everything, but do I still get to keep or remake my BZPRPG characters? If so, can I pick up where I left off in the story?

I would just pick up where you left off. Next year's story should be starting pretty soon, at which point everyone will have to post their profiles again anyway.

If I had a guess, it really depends on where you are at the time. If you're in Onu-Wahi, for example, whatever anomaly Nuparu detected will likely alter some aspect of the area.Meanwhile, just about anywhere I'm at will be relatively happy and peaceful and uneventful until I leave. =P *shot*

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

So... what exactly happens when next year's story starts? Do we just keep going, business as usual, or is there some kind of big change that occurs?

After this year ends, I believe all of this year's game topics will be closed, and new ones will be posted, to keep new players from getting confused. The topics are so big and unwieldy now anyway; they're due for a change over.

The new topics that will be posted will explain any changes (if any) that have occurred in the region. These will include changes due to player-caused events, as well as changes due to the official story. Keep in mind that we don't know how big of a time gap there will be between this year's story and next year's; there could be no gap, a month-long gap, or even a year-long gap. The new game topics will explain everything.

Basically, we don't know how much is going to change. Only the staff do, and they're not telling. :P

Oh yeah, the Mask of Time can be thrown in somewhere in my perfectly plausible theory as well.

I also refuse to believe that time is made out of lines. It's made out of circles, guys. Seriously. That's why clocks are round.

inb4bigballofwibblywobblytimeywimeystuffquote

Argh. I was gonna use both of those quotes.

I might start fresh in the 2013 BZPRPG. I have absolutely no idea what to do with my chars anymore and I'm bored with them.

This time, no expies.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Lucky for me, in the context of what I've DONE in BZPRPG, I'm still relatively new, so I can just keep my character where he is now and not have to worry about getting a "fresh start"...I just pray there's not a time skip. That would screw me over, at the rate I'm currently going.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

So what Wotz is trying to say is that the Makuta broke a fixed point.

Yes. This guy knows.

And then the Toa Maru are, without knowing it, repairing time in defeating Makuta, which is what was supposed to happen. Suddenly my silly Nuhvok comment actually seems almost plausible based on this pointlessly complicated theory ^_^

I could swear I'm usually the one who says, "Who cares?" to stuff like this...

Ummm... I dunno if this is off topic, but my account was new enough that it was deleted. I remade it and everything, but do I still get to keep or remake my BZPRPG characters? If so, can I pick up where I left off in the story?

I would just pick up where you left off. Next year's story should be starting pretty soon, at which point everyone will have to post their profiles again anyway.

Thanks!

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Absolutely no clue whatsoever. Guess it depends on when our admin buddies decide "hey, this main arc is done and this stuff is going to happen! *snaps fingers and suddenly new threads are made* Enjoy 2013!"

"Wrong."

Hey guys! I'm planning on (hopefully) joining the BZPRPG sometime soon, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait for the new season to start. Does anyone know when the current one will be ending?

Unfortunately, nobody knows -not even the staff! It all depends on how soon we can wrap up this year's story. I would say we still have a week or two left, so you might as well create a character and get your feet wet in preparation for the new year. :)

Well, guys, I just looked at another topic, and it appears that we now have an official, canon prefix for the element of Plasma. Matoran of Plasma are now called Su-Matoran. Unfortunately for everyone with a character of this element, it looks like we can't call them Pa-Matoran/Toa/whatever anymore. XP Unless we decide to not use this new prefix and stay with our made-up one. Anyone else's thoughts?

Hey guys! I'm planning on (hopefully) joining the BZPRPG sometime soon, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait for the new season to start. Does anyone know when the current one will be ending?

Unfortunately, nobody knows -not even the staff! It all depends on how soon we can wrap up this year's story. I would say we still have a week or two left, so you might as well create a character and get your feet wet in preparation for the new year. :)

It'll end when Joske and Heuani finish their scuffle, during which Stannis' group whose name I'd already forgotten will then actually be allowed to post, which, after that, begins 2013's story.

So, yeah! I'd suggest you get in the story now, because the earlier the better.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well, guys, I just looked at another topic, and it appears that we now have an official, canon prefix for the element of Plasma. Matoran of Plasma are now called Su-Matoran. Unfortunately for everyone with a character of this element, it looks like we can't call them Pa-Matoran/Toa/whatever anymore. XP Unless we decide to not use this new prefix and stay with our made-up one. Anyone else's thoughts?

Whatever. I'd still call them Pa-Matoran because we don't follow the canon verbatim here.

Whatever. I'd still call them Pa-Matoran because we don't follow the canon verbatim here.

Yeah, I agree- we don't follow the canon, so why not just use our own prefix? :P This isn't like Lightning, where we had no prefix to begin with. I wouldn't really care what we do. I think I'm going to stick with Pa-Matoran for now, unless enough people decide to start using Su-Matoran instead.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I will use Su-Matoran.

Just as I will use Vo-Matoran.

And Ve-Matoran.

because vegetables.

No reason not to follow canon for something as simple as a name. I mean, it's not like following this particular part of canon will make all these relationships we've had moot. Like what would happen if we followed another certain part of canon.

:3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ladies and gentleman, I humbly ask for your forgiveness in both the wait and length of my post. This truly was a labor of love and I felt the need to get it right... no matter the time and amount of space required. I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

And I would like to thank Eyru for the jam and giving the inspiration surrounding that post. Appreciated buddy.

Please. Enjoy :D

Sincerely yours,

Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I'd still use Su.

Yay Joske. I still kinda hope you die, but that's because I don't want Heuani as a character to end now.

Yay, instead of meteors, you now have the power of a star.

My main issue with Joske now is how hard it is to read the words. :(

Dat read. I'd compliment you, Tuck, but I don't know what to say that hasn't been said before. So thanks to that, I'll invent an entirely new word to compliment you and Joske - ThewrittenversionofChuckNorriswithfantasy.

Hope the word wasn't too long.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The main thing that post mad me think aside from "That text is hard to read." and "Awesome!" was

Super Saiyan transformation, ACTIVATE!

He even had the whole "Massive scar carved into the landscape" thing going.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Fully bear in mind: The exact same thing was said two weeks ago :P.

---

Ooh! Toa of light! Neat.

But for those now knowing that Joske will not die: "Prevent user from accessing mask ever again" is an objective which can be achieved in more ways then one... Perhaps the destruction sewn in each man's heart will cause Joske to burn himself out?

Because, "Just not being able to use an OP weapon ever again" is not much of a weakness in itself. It gives you an advantage you previously not had, and even though it is a one-off advantage, later on losing the ability to give yourself even more advantages is not a sacrafice in itself (which is what the "Specify the weakness" would imply). Something tells me that Toa Joske will have another sacrifice to make very soon...

---

EDIT:

Also, minor nitpicking:THAT COLOUR. Srsly. Aargh! Couldn't you have gone for a more dark gold colour? Sure, this one looks stylish, but it is rather impractical (hard to read).

Also:

My duty as a Toa to protect the matron
Edited by -Joshua-

I see Heuani went out on a blind date with good ol' Mary Sue while I was gone. -Tyler
Or more accurately, Marty Stu....Wake up, get ready for school, check BZ - wait, SINCE WHEN CAN THE MASK OF CONJURING DO THATThis scene is more proof than ever that GMs really need to watch their loopholes, even when giving stuff to other GMs. I sense that Joske becoming a Toa of Light was not in the plan. :PBuuuuut I will say this: Tuck did a marvelous job of describing Joske's internal dilemma at the beginning of the post. Props for that. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I doubt Joske'll die, he'll just not be able to have his mask anymore, meaning he'll go back to the Mask of Speed. Not that he needs it, since his light powers let him run at light speed.
This statement reminds me of the slight humor I see in the Bionicle Universe's many many races and mask powers. Many things are redundant if you really draw it out.For example: a Toa of Air or Gravity with a Mask of Flight, Mask of Levitation, Mask of Teleportation, or a Mask of Telekinesis is ultimately redundant. Toa of Air could in theory produce currents of air to lift them up and keep them afloat, Toa of Gravity can just alter the gravitational force on themselves, a Mask of Levitation and Mask of Flight theoretically do the exact same thing, a wearer of a Mask of Teleportation can teleport rapidly at one point in the air (and ultimately move faster), and a Mask of Telekinesis, albeit with experience, could in theory allow the wearer to telekinetically lift themselves and "throw" them in the direction they want to "fly" or use their powers to telekinetically "push" themselves off of the ground and high into the air.Toa can be quite overpowered and most people don't even realize it XD

"Wrong."