Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Isn't Heuabi practically a vampire without need to suck blood? No heartbeat, no heat, super stretch, super speed, etc.
If you mean he's a vampire without a vampire's most defining characteristic... then yes, definitely.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Personally, I think you all are taking the one man army, One Winged Angel, misogynistic, Blood Knight, serial killer of a Face Heel Turned Mata a bit too lightly. He has taken on entire hordes of PCs at once, killed several of them without breaking a sweat, can control the very shadows you cast, and even walk through them. He has remained useful enough to Makuta for him to remain alive, even despite his arguable failures in the past, and that alone is nothing short of frightening.He should, at minimum, be compared to Sauron.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Funny, I always saw him as a Mouth of Sauron-esque character; Extremely powerful, but nothing compared to what hides in the shadows.So, now the real question is obvious; When does Joske get to decapitate everyone's favorite servant of darkness?

I hope Heuani wins, myself. Sorry, Tuck, but that's just how I am.

Also...If you're familiar with your Tolkien, you'd realize Sauron, power-wise, was nothing but a candle compared to the fire (read: Blazing Inferno in all the pits of *redacted*) that was Morgoth.

And Makuta = Morgoth here.

If anybody would be the Mouth of Sauron, that would be Echelon/Vidar/Ronkshou/The Others In That Group.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

If anybody would be the Mouth of Sauron, that would be Echelon/Vidar/Ronkshou/The Others In That Group.

Mouth of Sauron was beheaded by Aragorn. Echelon was (apparently) beheaded by Dorian.

Therefore, Dorian is Aragorn.

:blink:

Logic, ladies and gentlemen!

Also I think whoever has the worst dental hygiene is comparable to the Mouth of Sauron.

Sauron...

Heuani...

I don't know. Does this mean we could slice off Heuani's ring finger and have him dispelled for a hundred years? Then, a hundred years later, he'll come back and start reviving the dead and we'll dispel the chap again! And about seventy years later, he'll be back again, and this time we could throw his ring finger into the mangai and be done with it all!

Hmm...

I think Ronkshou would probably be the most comparable to the Mouth - he's typically Makuta's harbinger. Saruman is a better analogue for Echelon.

Anyway, enough of this LoTR/BZPRPG crosstalk! Who thinks the Maru will actually succeed in killing Makuta? Or will they imprison him? Or will he be temporarily banished, only to return even more powerful?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Anyway, enough of this LoTR/BZPRPG crosstalk! Who thinks the Maru will actually succeed in killing Makuta? Or will they imprison him? Or will he be temporarily banished, only to return even more powerful?

I think that Makuta will only be temporarily banished, if anything- personally, I think he's too powerful to be killed. He'll probably return in the future, if that happens.

Maybe they will think they've destroyed him only to realise that the entire RPG was just a big dream that Podu had after one too many bottles of bourbon, which in turn was poisoned by the real Makuta who is actually 2011!Joske in disguise, and then those dudes from that other RPG turn up and they become the Maru Jr. and lead an army of five billion RPG characters to destroy the players but are then smitten by Friar Tuck who is secretly Kalama in disguise--

*shot*

I'm hoping Makuta will be sealed for (hopefully) ever, and then we start a whole new RPG afterwards.

This is exactly what I do not hope for.Unfortunately, the heroes will win as they usually do, and the game will be changed for next season. But I sincerely hope either that Makuta is not completely defeated, or that his defeat unleashes a bigger evil. I for one felt that overall, the tone of this particular iteration of the BZPRPG was far too light, especially for an island supposedly all but under Makuta's thumb. I want, eventually, to see a season where the villains win. Just personal preference.And I know that we won't be starting a whole new game. The next one is a direct continuation of this one, with a possible time skip and a locale change at most. No reboots this time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I somewhat agree with Krayzikk. Part of what captivated me in the NBZP was the feeling of oppression, of darkness' iron fist gripping the villages, of people too afraid to speak out and those that weren't, mercilessly crushed. The upstanding heroes were, for once, outnumbered by the soldiers of evil. I was a little disappointed that that feel didn't really carry over to this iteration, but to compensate it has been rather more reminiscent of 2001-3's feel.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I want, eventually, to see a season where the villains win. Just personal preference.

Well, personally, I'd like that too, but more along the lines of, "The villains win one season and the next season the good guys finally triumph with numeous casualties" or something.

The upstanding heroes were, for once, outnumbered by the soldiers of evil.

If something like that happens next year, then the good guys are gonna have a bad time. : P But it'll make the game more challenging and exciting, I suppose.

I somewhat agree with Krayzikk. Part of what captivated me in the NBZP was the feeling of oppression, of darkness' iron fist gripping the villages, of people too afraid to speak out and those that weren't, mercilessly crushed. The upstanding heroes were, for once, outnumbered by the soldiers of evil. I was a little disappointed that that feel didn't really carry over to this iteration, but to compensate it has been rather more reminiscent of 2001-3's feel.

So much this.I loved the BZII for it's dark nature. The heroes were not winning, they did not have the home team advantage. The Matoran were not living happy lives, they were oppressed. And with the way this game's backstory turned out, I think that's the way the BZII should have been.I mean, the Matoran's hopes and dreams were dashed. The Mata failed, and Makuta took his rage out on the villages. They live under this oppressive darkness, knowing that it could decided to crush them at any moment, and they had no real heroes to protect them. It's why I loved the introduction of the Rahkshi; they were powerful, they could take on entire hordes of PCs and still fight on. They were killing machines, symbols of Makuta's power.And yet, most people write the island as if there's no problem. Just my two cents.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Two cents that are the equivalent of two dollars...

We should take that into consideration. But this year's story, and manner or RPing didn't really give me that mood. It's partially everyone's fault, since we probably had our own different images of Mata Nui in our heads, and we all were trying to illustrate them in our posts, in our own funky little styles of writing...

I get the feeling that this is gonna be ignored/ridiculed.

I'm hoping Makuta will be sealed for (hopefully) ever, and then we start a whole new RPG afterwards.

This is exactly what I do not hope for.Unfortunately, the heroes will win as they usually do, and the game will be changed for next season. But I sincerely hope either that Makuta is not completely defeated, or that his defeat unleashes a bigger evil. I for one felt that overall, the tone of this particular iteration of the BZPRPG was far too light, especially for an island supposedly all but under Makuta's thumb. I want, eventually, to see a season where the villains win. Just personal preference.And I know that we won't be starting a whole new game. The next one is a direct continuation of this one, with a possible time skip and a locale change at most. No reboots this time.

In fact, it has even been confirmed that the next year will be set on Mata-Nui as well- not even a locale change. Fortunately, Tuck has stated they'll be rebooting the topics, since they have grown to a ridiculously large size.

I never felt this RPG was happier or less oppressed-feeling than the BZII. I think it's actually been better than the last, but that's probably because it's lasted so much longer than the last one. A lot of people do write as if everything is fine, but that's because Makuta's influence is rare and people have forgotten what it's like to truly be free. Besides, the villages are always getting attacked and there is a lot of warfare going on. Upstanding heroes are rare, and most Toa have forgotten the code. It's dark enough for me.

Next year I would guess that Makuta is defeated, to give closure for this one. Judging from comments about BZPRPG 2013 it sounds almost like a full on war will be going on. I don't care much- I trust the staff will come up with something cool.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Sauron...

Heuani...

I don't know. Does this mean we could slice off Heuani's ring finger and have him dispelled for a hundred years? Then, a hundred years later, he'll come back and start reviving the dead and we'll dispel the chap again! And about seventy years later, he'll be back again, and this time we could throw his ring finger into the mangai and be done with it all!

...don't try to talk Tolkien.

You aren't good at it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Hm...well there's no such thing as a "liniear" scale, so probably logarithmic. [/grammarnazi]Sarcasm-to-English: *linear

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I hope Makuta is either killed or pushed away for later. I would personally enjoy a new beginning, new threats, etc.

We still can't differ too far from the original canon storyline due to the fact that sometimes we get new members, and the current bzprpg storyline is already confusing to them as it is. We wouldn't want to complicate things too much more than necessary.

elementalussal.png

"I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else."

"These are not dark days: these are great days - the greatest days our country has ever lived."

I do enjoy reading up on Winston Churchill now and again. Master politician, eloquent (if not at times, blunt) statesman, and possibly one of the greatest leaders in history, if not at least modern history. The way he nearly single-handedly kept the British pride, hope, and optimism going through possibly the hardest and darkest days of England is nothing short of remarkable. Despite everything that was going on at that time he managed to see a bright spot, remain an optimist during the darkest days of WWII, and for it was able to repel and conquer German onslaught. Truly an inspiring figure. It is surprising the parallels that can be made between that and here, the similarities of that time and the way this story has developed... though I wonder, what if Churchill wasn't such an optimist? What if he had a darker view of the world than he did? I wonder how different history would have played out.

So it makes me think... if things are just bad naturally, why wish for worse? Things are always going to be bad... and then they are going to get better. Just how it is. So why not be an optimist? Why not look for the silver lining, constantly strive to see the brighter side of life, work to continuously become better, grow, and make the world a happier place. I mean, it's dark enough as it is without help... why encourage it? :P Just the thought of the day.

While I'm here, a quick housekeeping note: I've been seeing the spoiler tag pop up again for things OTHER than spoilers. This is against BZPower policy. I would suggest those of you who play regularly check to make sure your Profile Pages or other information-containing posts do not have them in there. I would greatly appreciate it, and save me a lot of time. Thanks guys ;)

Actually, second housekeeping note: With this story winding down it would appear we are getting more interest and players joining. I've seen a larger influx of new players and new BZ members in general around here, so I would ask that all of you please make them feel welcome as we prepare for a brand-new story. Help out where you see it, aid in explaining some of the more intrinsic unspoken rules and fines lines we have around here; as simple as we have tried to keep the rules this is a fairly complex game, and it can easily scare away new people, especially if the current players are obnoxious :D I'm just asking that all of you do what you can. Appreciate it.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg