The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Also, there's practically no description of the location/s in the game. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Asylum

written by ghidora131, revised by IcarusBen 

Day One:

Karz, it's been years. Not since I arrived here, of course. I'm talking about the fall. By now everyone knows this whole city was the brain-mind of a robot. Guess they didn't build it too well. As soon as the Dark Hunters started swarming and killing everything in sight, the Toa-heroes stood up to them and were winning, surprisingly. Then, they launched it. Oh, Karzahni, that weapon. So vile a plan, they turned every Toa-hero mad with that gas, and they couldn't fight anymore. If the brotherhood hadn't been there, the universe would be doomed. But the gas stayed around, so that anyone who became a Toa-hero got infected with it. It was a nightmare. To become a Toa-hero was to step up to insanity head first.

Then, thousands of years later, someone built a sanitarium just for the poor Toa-heroes. But by that time, the gas was gone and only the rumor remained. so many Matoran quick-hid under their beds and cowered, dreading if they ever became one. And here I am. And I'm not strange-crazy, I'm sure of it! But so many Toa-heroes... Something else is going on...

Day Four:

No, I'm not crazy. I'm sure of it. No way in Karzahni. And I did see something.

I look out of my cell window and see the energy siphon crackle and fizz, warp-morphing into different shapes... And the guards around it got killed, I think. But something spawned. Some dreaded creature. Ohh, Karz. It tore through the wall and headed to the warden's office. I hope it killed him. But what the Karz was it? I can't believe I saw it. It's unrealistic. And I'm not crazy, I tell yah!

Unfortunately, every day now I keep look-seeing things. Like a sentient chair, growing in size, heading through the hallways. Or my arm talks to me. But I won't succumb to insanity. No, I'm a Toa-hero! I'm strong enough!

Day Twenty-one:

No way in Karzahni. The monster-thing didn't kill the warden! In fact, it strode in here last night and killed a patient! B-but it used my power! And anyone else's who gets put here! It's stronger than a Makuta now! It tore-ripped through that poor water Toa like paper! Oh, the poor girl... I tried to inform one of the other students about it in the recreational area-place, but the guards overheard me and took me to solitary confinement. But now I know the secret to this place, the real plan...

In about five minutes the head doctor will be "fixing" me in the medical ward. I think they intend to make me really insane. But no, I'm a Toa-hero! I'll never falter! To the end I shall stand for Mata Nui!

Day Twenty-two:

Hehe. Oh man, I feel much better. Muchbettermuchbettermuchbettermuchbettermuchbetter. Who? Me... I'm not crazy. Noooooo, I'm a Toa-heroes, I can't succumb. Or succumb anyone. I'm as normal as a three widget bill made of mozzarella cheese. I'm as happy as a Gukko. And I know the secrets of this place, and the doctor, and the wardendenden, and the monsterositytee. Hehehe. Hi, arms. We feeling gggggooooooooodd today? yesss. Much gooder.

And I'm as sane as anyone else here, hehehe...

Hehehe...

The Asylum. A prison where Toa are turned into weapons of war and destruction. As the latest resident of the Metru Nui Sanitarium, it's up to you to learn how to survive against the odds. Normally, this asylum would be bad enough, but something lurks the halls at night, just waiting for the opportunity to strike. No one knows where this thing came from, except perhaps those who created it. Its purpose? Unknown. Whatever it is, all you need to know is that you have to survive.

Who knows, you might even make it out of here.

The alternative is far worse.

----------

Provided by the staff, here is a lovely little map of the asylum, complete with lovely informational bits:

For those who can't download the PDF, the staff has provided a posting of the main map onto several bulletin boards across the asylum.

REoXe0T.png

----------

THE SETUP:

This universe works slightly different than the canon one. The Makuta never rebelled, no, but the Cataclysm still happened, in no small part due to the Great Spirit being overloaded from the strain of running an entire universe. After this, the Dark Hunters invaded Metru Nui. While they were beaten back, the Hunters were able to release a toxin that turned any Toa into a crazed lunatic, ranging from the bipolar to the schizophrenic to the completely psychotic. Not only that, but it was persistent. Matoran that turned into Toa were subject to these effects, too.

While the toxin dissipated, the rumor persisted. Eventually, one particularly intelligent Toa built an asylum for these poor, crazy heroes. Of course, it's a ploy. The warden wants an army of Toa so he can take control of Metru Nui himself, but since the Toa wouldn't follow him on their own accord, he plans to control them using other means. That's the true purpose of the Asylum.

Enjoy your stay.

----------

RULES:

The first and most important rule is that you can only be a Toa. No exceptions whatsoever.

Secondly, the monster cannot be killed, so no post saying you defeated it.

Thirdly, any and all innate powers, elemental, mask or otherwise, get taken from patients and absorbed into the monster. This means no elemental powers, but mask powers are only severely weakened (i.e. a Kualsi transports you 5 feet, a Hau can only protect against the lightest of attacks.)

Fourthly, your character enters the asylum after character creation, meaning s/he will not have any preexisting ties to anyone inside. You'll get assigned to general or solitary depending on which one you choose in your profile.

Fifthly, only two groups of people can play Staff characters; the GMs and those who gain staff characters as a reward for good writing and RPing.

Finally, your character MUST BE APPROVED before you may post. You may have one, two or three characters at any one time.

Your character may have an item(s), but they must be approved by staff and follow these rules before your character can have the item.

• Your item must make sense in a prison/asylum enviroment.
  • Your item cannot be a firearm.
  • You must be able to sneak your item inside the facility.
  • Your item cannot be an explosive.
  • Your item cannot be invisible.
  • Your item must be lightweight.
  • Your item cannot help you escape from a cell.
  • Your item cannot immobilize an opponent.
  • Your item must be approved by the staff before in-game usage can occur.
----------

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name:

Species: (Toa, Matoran. A few will be allowed as Skakdi and Vortixx)

Element:

Patient or Staff:(Only the GMs can play staff to begin with, though you may gain a staff character as a reward)

(If patient)

General or Solitary: (The general population get to roam the facility (provided they don't try and sneak into high-clearance areas, hint hint) while solitary patients are confined to their cell)

Kanohi: (Must be approved by staff)

Personality:

Appearance:

Inventory:(Items can be anything from a shank to a pocketwatch to a small lighter, but they must be approved by staff.)

----------

ghidora131's characters

Name: Dr. Halmos (the warden)

Species: Toa? No one is too sure.

Element: N/A

Patient or Staff: Staff

(if staff) Position: Warden

(if patient) General or solitary: N/A

Kanohi: Kanohi Rau

Personality: Halmos is a nightmare in a retained form. Always calculating, always planning, always thinking, always cool. And his ideas of an army are morbid and tasteless. A mastermind, he developed the siphon and is a lifelong friend of Nyhe. Together, the horrors they intend to unleash are devastatingly monstrous and would give any normal beings scars on their sanity, like our dear friend Jorik.

Apearance: Halmos is a little bit shorter than the average Toa. Due to some attempts on his life by past colleagues, his right cheek area of his mask is left rather porous looking and hideous. He has orange hands, feet, chest and mask, with hints of dark blue in between. He always wears a white labcoat.

Inventory: a belt-mounted high-tier tazer, several shiny small throwing knives, the first key to the controls for the Siphon and a comlink to Nyhe.

=:=

Name: Abbenidium

Species: N/A

Element: An amalgemation of the powers of the Toa in the asylum.

Patient or staff: N/A

Personality: N/A

Appearance: Unknown. To be revealed later.

Inventory: N/A

Notes: The monster has the powers of every Toa in the asylum that is being siphoned. If a new Toa with a Kualsi and the element of Air gets tagged with the Siphon, then the monster gains the power of the Kualsi and the element of Air.

----------

IcarusBen's characters

Name: Nyhe

Species: Toa

Element: Water

Patient or Staff: Staff

(If staff) Position: Chief of Medicine and Psychiatry (Chief Doctor)

(If patient)General or Solitary: N/A

Kanohi: Kanohi Komau, Mask of Mind Control

Personality: Nyhe is cold, distant, and unsympathetic to all. She cares nothing for her patients and only cares about what she can learn from them, or perhaps how fun it can be getting them to open up.

Appearance: Nyhe is a tall & slender Toa, with Gali blue on her body and mask and silver on her rather slim but ornate armor.

Inventory: Nyhe always had an electric stun gun on her person to disable any unruly patients. She also carries around the second key to the Siphon’s controls.

=:=

Name: Jorik

Species: Toa

Element: Air

Patient or staff: Patient

(If staff) Position: N/A

(If patient) General or solitary: solitary

Kanohi: Kanohi Kadin

Personality: Jorik is cold and distant, always thinking, always planning his escape or your death. Two years in solitary have rendered him completely insane, even more than when he entered the facility. In fact, he's one of the truly crazy people living in the asylum. Now, he's not one of the few crazies in the asylum, no, there are a lot more of those.

Appearance: Jorik is primarily black and green, with a large frame and bulky/spiky armor. His size is complemented by his spiky armor accents, like his shoulder pads and his kneecaps.

Inventory: Jorik is able to keep a small shank on him which he rarely uses, but uses with deadly efficiency.

----------

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

The PDF has a pretty big picture and I felt it'd be easier to just use the PDF.

Actually, I need to add an addendum to the post. There's accidental non-canon info in the PDF so I need to clarify this.

EDIT: Now said non-canon info has a lovely little retcon without having me edit it out! 

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Alright. So this is an RPG that An/a Blade, Chro, and myself have been working on for the past month and a half. It is now being posted here to receive feedback from all of you.

gallery_96949_76_36547.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Hello there! Welcome to Bionifight!

Ah, Bionifight. Some of you will know what that word means - whether through word of mouth or via your own experiences. Some of you must wonder what exactly I am jibbering on about in this little letter. Or perhaps you are wondering why you were snatched out of your universe and reappeared inside a containment cube.

Or was it a tube? I can never remember.

So! Bionifight - it is a legendary tournament that has been hosted many times over the past several thousand years. My team and I gather those we deem to be some of the greatest fighters from a variety of universes, plunk you all down in an arena together, and have you battle each other for weeks. At the end, the winner usually earns both eternal bragging rights and whatever mysterious treasure we discover at the location.

In the past, we have summoned a wide variety of species - everything from Matoran to Muaka to Skakdi… I do believe we even had a mutated Takea Shark once. Recently, however, we have noticed an unfortunate trend where our most powerful fighters tend to win more easily than the weakest ones. The whole idea behind Bionifight was that a Matoran could theoretically take on a Makuta and beat them.

So! While we think over our plans and figure out how we shall balance things properly in the future… we have decided to stick to Toa for this tournament. A fair battleground, if ever there was one!

Once more, I say welcome! I dare say that I shall speak to most of you eventually. Take care to speak with the Queen, as she hates to be ignored - and do also take care not to do anything that might make a conversation with our Enforcer necessary.

Until the first round begins,

-The Host

CYCLE/STRUCTURE EXPLANATION

Each week, a new round of combat shall begin in the arena - any fighters not present within the arena itself shall be instantly teleported back in order to participate in the conflict. The “location” depicted in the arena, as well as the game type, shall vary from round to round. When a fighter has been eliminated, they are free to explore the Bionifight facilities, although any exploration should be done with the knowledge that you might not have as long as you think.

While in the arena, each character begins with 20 health; as they take damage, their health will decrease. A fighter loses and is removed from the arena the moment all of their health is lost. The Host, Queen and Enforcer shall be watching the fighters closely to guarantee that health is deducted fairly and accurately.

As a tournament, there are also points to be earned in Bionifight; winning a round will gain a fighter three points, while surviving the arena for an entire round without being knocked out shall net a fighter only one point. For every ten points that a fighter receives, they shall receive a special reward from the Host or the Queen.

INFINITY GEMS

The location of every Bionifight tournament is determined based on whether there are any legendary or powerful objects in the area. Thus, the location of this tournament was selected due to the mysterious “Infinity Gems” that are hidden within the tunnels stretching away from the facility; nobody exactly knows where or how to find them - or what obstacles one might face. Rumor has it that the Organizers have a few in their possession already.

There are also whispers of something else - something more powerful than the Infinity Gems. However, the Organizers have found nothing substantial to prove the existence of such a thing… which is not to say that the search has stopped by any means.

THE BIONIFIGHT FACILITY

Where is the Bionifight tournament held? Where is the facility located? That’s a good question, once that you shall have to answer for yourselves. All the Organizers have shared is that the entire facility is located underground.

What has been determined is that there are always four entrances into the roughly rectangular arena; one on each side, located within expansive locker rooms that include medical and resting areas. Located directly above the arena is a small control room, where the Enforcer usually supervises the entire facility - mainly the arena itself. Surrounding the control room on top of the arena is a large library; there is a staircase up to it within each of the locker rooms, although there does not appear to be an entrance to the control room anywhere. As for the offices of the Host and the Queen… their locations seem to change within the blink of an eye. Those offices can only be found if their occupants want them to be found.

A single hallway loops around the arena, connecting the entire facility together. Much like the offices of the Host and Queen are always shifting locations, tunnels rumored to stretch both up above ground and deeper underground appear intermittently. According to the Host and the Queen, it is within these tunnels that, if a fighter is lucky, the mystical Infinity Gems might be found.

THE ARENA

The arena has several possible configurations available for each round, not including its default state.

1 - Great Furnace: Based upon an expansive furnace from another dimension, the Great Furnace is so hot that fighters must take one point of heat damage daily. Small rivers of lava run throughout the area.

2 - Mount Ihu: Based upon a frigid mountain on an otherwise tropical island, Mount Ihu is the exact opposite of the Great Furnace; so cold that fighters must take one point of freeze damage daily. Snowstorms are known to erupt occasionally, obscuring view, and the slopes can be slippery. Wild Rahi are also known to populate the area.

3 - Mahri-Nui: Based upon an underwater city contained within a giant bubble, Mahri-Nui is an ordinary city battleground… although if a fighter manages to destroy the bubble, the flood of water that follows will immediately eliminate half of the players from the round and deal as much as six points of damage to everyone else.

4 - Pirate Ship: Based upon a pirate ship at sea - go figure. The ship provides the only solid ground to battle upon, and predators lurk in the seas surrounding the ship.

5 - Temple of Time: Based upon the most sacred place on a mystical island, the Temple of Time holds new challenges and threats each time it is used, making it the most unpredictable of the arena variants.

GAMETYPES

There are currently four different game types available for the Bionifight tournament.

1 - Free For All: This is the standard brawl; every fighter is pitted against the others, and the last one standing at the end of the round wins. If more than one fighter is still in the arena at the end of the round, the one with the most knockouts shall be announced as the victor.

2 - Team Battle: This game type functions similarly to Free For All, except that the fighters are divided into even teams. An MVP shall be selected from the winning team.

3 - Tag Team: Each fighter is paired with another to work alongside for the round. Tag team partners share a single health pool of 30 points; the final tag team standing wins. If more than one tag team is still in the arena at the end of the round, the tag team with the most knockouts shall be announced as the victors.

4 - Horde Mode: The fighters must battle against an endless horde of mindless drones operated by the Host and the Queen. The drones will all have a specific power set determined at the start of the round. The fighter still standing at the end of the round that destroys the most drones shall win.

To join the RPG, fill out a profile for your character and have one of the staff (Voltex, Blade, or Chro) approve it. We are currently limiting players to an absolute maximum of two characters each, due to the nature of the game. You’ll notice the lack of a “species” spot; that is because we are limiting characters to Toa. That said, we are not necessarily approving all canon elements… but we’re also not going to limit you to them either.

Keep in mind that the standard Toa “mask power + weapon + elemental power” thing does not apply here.

Member Name: [Your Display Name]

Name: [Character’s Name]

Power/Weapon 1: [A power, elemental or otherwise - or a weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 2: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Appearance: [What does your character look like?]

Bio: [Your character’s history; who are they? Any specific gender? What did they do with their life before Bionifight?]

THE BIONIFIGHT ORGANIZERS (STAFF CHARACTERS)

Member Name: Chro

Character Name: The Host

Power/Weapon 1: Teleportation of himself and others.

Power/Weapon 2: Telekinesis, including levitation by telekinetically lifting himself.

Appearance: Physically imposing, standing above most fighters at seven feet tall, the Host is clad in regal red and gold over black. He wears a dark decorative cloak, with a hood that hides his face, but does not muffle his booming voice.

Bio: The Host is one of the final survivors of an ancient race, destroyed mysteriously eons ago. Alongside the Queen, he travelled through several universes, until at some point the pair created Bionifight. The Host decided to work as the face of the organization.

Member Name: Voltex

Character Name: The Queen

Power/Weapon 1: A lightweight golden trident that can be summoned back to the user.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Control over Psionics

Appearance: Like the Host, the Queen stands seven feet tall. Her armor is a mixture of light blue and gold, with silver and gunmetal accents. She carries a lightweight golden trident, and her armor often shimmers, giving her the appearance of being underwater.

Bio: Along with the Host, the Queen is one of the only two surviving members of her species, of which every other member was killed in an unknown incident thousands of years ago. The Queen travelled through several universes alongside the Host, eventually creating the Bionifight tournaments.

Member Name: Blade

Character Name: The Enforcer

Power/Weapon 1: The Enforcer has a sword that can shift into a bow mechanically. The bow’s string is stored within the hilt when not in use. The middle of the blade has a hole on either side, which is used in Bow mode to feed the string through. After conversion, the blades are covered by metal up until the hole, so that the wielder can’t accidentally cut themselves.

Power/Weapon 2: Power Cancellation

Appearance: The Enforcer has a gold coloured mask that seems to change every time they appear. They have forest green armour, and a icy-white chestplate. Stands seven feet tall like the Host and the Queen, although the Enforcer is a different species. They have an intricately patterned sheath on their back, which they use to hold their sword when it’s not in use.

Bio: They were found during one of the earliest Bionifight tournaments and immediately hired; their power cancellation ability is often used to keep fighters in check.

RULES

1. BZP rules apply, of course

2. No god-modding (avoiding/dodging/countering all attacks, never taking damage, dealing insane hits, etc.)

3. Do not control other player characters without their permission

4. Use the tag “IC” when posting in character, and “OOC” when speaking out of character.

5. Don’t forget to include your HP during battles; this is important. Cheating with regards to health will not be tolerated; this is the honor system, but there’s also three hosts with common sense.

6. Have fun or you shall be fed to the Majestic Alien Red Koala Snakes (or MARKS for short) Xaeraz.

I hope you'll all share your thoughts. :)

Edited by Strange Festive Voltex
  • Upvote 11

I'm not sure about this hit points system. You'd have to have at least one GM online at all times to make sure people weren't taking liberties with it. It sounds like the fights in this game would be pretty fast-paced, so if something gets overlooked then the fight could have advanced by several posts before a mod playing catch-up even notices the transgression. 

Also, it says that you're using Toa, but there's no section in the profile for mask powers, which doesn't make much sense. And having only two slots for powers/weapons is very constraining as well. And what about players who want to dual-wield weapons? Or use a projectile weapon and a melee weapon? Or sword and shield? 

Also, I have an issue with this: 

3 - Mahri-Nui: Based upon an underwater city contained within a giant bubble, Mahri-Nui is an ordinary city battleground… although if a fighter manages to destroy the bubble, the flood of water that follows will immediately eliminate half of the players from the round and deal as much as six points of damage to everyone else.

Why decides who gets eliminated? What if some of the combatants are Ga-Toa? 

And this: 

Each week, a new round of combat shall begin in the arena

I've played in a couple of RPGs now, and I know that depending on how often players are online, fights can potentially last days. And if the idea of some of these match types is for a last-man standing type of fight, then they'll likely take much longer than a week. It seems like an unrealistically short timeframe to be operating on. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also, it says that you're using Toa, but there's no section in the profile for mask powers, which doesn't make much sense. And having only two slots for powers/weapons is very constraining as well. And what about players who want to dual-wield weapons? Or use a projectile weapon and a melee weapon? Or sword and shield?

Keep in mind that the standard Toa “mask power + weapon + elemental power” thing does not apply here.

The decision to use Toa only was mainly to prevent disparities in physical character size from having too much of an effect on the combat. Toa are generally considered the "constant" - the most generic, adaptable, and flexible species to work with in games such as this one. We're calling them Toa to give you a base concept but really, in terms of powers and weapons and so on and so forth, they don't have to be like Toa at all.

Bionifight ran as a highly successful series in the Games and Trivia forum for quite a while, and many of the issues you have outlined were not issues at all in our experiences with that. See Ultimate and Ultimate: Drift Force for reference. For example, go to basically any point in either thread and you can get a good feel for how the game runs (smoothly!) even when there's no game staff online to moderate. Honor system, of course, is a big part of this - but also we'll crack down if we find you've been playing unfairly (besides... between the three of us, there's almost always at least one online anyway).

Out of all of G&T's most successful and popular series, Bionifight has always been the closest to the line separating an RPG from a non-RPG. It was basically a G&T game with heavy RPG influences. It made sense to take this to the next step and create an installment of Bionifight that's an RPG with heavy G&T influences (itself).

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm not sure about this hit points system. You'd have to have at least one GM online at all times to make sure people weren't taking liberties with it. It sounds like the fights in this game would be pretty fast-paced, so if something gets overlooked then the fight could have advanced by several posts before a mod playing catch-up even notices the transgression. 

This is not the case; I have run two games in the Games & Trivia forum (Bionifight Ultimate and Bionifight Ultimate: Drift Force) where I was the sole host and kept up just fine; the players were, on the whole, very good about making sure that everyone was being fair with regards to health and keeping each other up to date. This is part of why I hired on Blade and Chro specifically; they are two very active members and have been among the most active and mature Bionifight players as well, so the instances where all three of us are offline will be fewer than might be the norm - but, if the players are as mature as I have come to expect, that should not be an issue anyway.

You can always choose two weapons and forego any powers; this is to help keep things balanced in the arena, where the combat can become very fast-paced. As far as your comment towards Toa - that is addressed in the profiles section. The typical "mask power+weapon+elemental power" trio does not necessarily apply here.

Also, I have an issue with this: 

3 - Mahri-Nui: Based upon an underwater city contained within a giant bubble, Mahri-Nui is an ordinary city battleground… although if a fighter manages to destroy the bubble, the flood of water that follows will immediately eliminate half of the players from the round and deal as much as six points of damage to everyone else.

Why decides who gets eliminated? What if some of the combatants are Ga-Toa? 

Well, first off: any players that have been stated to be near the bubble will be hit first (which means breaking the bubble could potentially be a suicidal move). Following that, it'll be GM decision based on who they see is fighting who to decide who is eliminated and who simply takes damage. As far as Ga-Toa... well, if a Toa controlled the element of bricks, they would still be hurt by a brick wall falling on them. 

And this: 

Each week, a new round of combat shall begin in the arena

I've played in a couple of RPGs now, and I know that depending on how often players are online, fights can potentially last days. And if the idea of some of these match types is for a last-man standing type of fight, then they'll likely take much longer than a week. It seems like an unrealistically short timeframe to be operating on. 

Again, I have hosted two games in the G&T forum based solely around the arena-type combat in this RPG. I do not expect that every round shall end with all but one player eliminated; that is where the KOs come in. I would also not be surprised if some players purposely eliminate themselves in order to pursue the story aspects of the RPG. As far as the rounds, that is the point - they are fights that will last for a week at a time. They will generally last from about mid-Sunday to mid-Saturday NA EST, but I cannot confirm that they will start and end at the same time each week. 

I've commented in blue in the quote above. Hopefully I've answered the questions you had. :)

E: wow I got ninja'd by a long shot

• Upvote 1

So...

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this Bionifight from G&T adapted to an TBRPG format?

Cause something's ringing a bell in my head and I want to be sure.

This is indeed the G&T Bionifight adapted to an RPG format.

edit: wow I got ninja'd by a long shot or about thirty seconds

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

hooooooooooooooooooo boy it's finally happening. Been wondering when this would happen.

Sounds interesting and I'll give it my support. Question, would more..... Unorthodox powers be able to be used? For example, I've kind of taken a liking to Bedman from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- so I might want to make a character similar, but I'd like to make sure anyways. =P (note, I tend to take heavy inspiration from other characters when making these things cause my original creations tend to end up hilariously bland and generic)

(also, I'm wondering how long it'll take for an OTC version will pop up. =P)

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

hooooooooooooooooooo boy it's finally happening. Been wondering when this would happen.

Sounds interesting and I'll give it my support. Question, would more..... Unorthodox powers be able to be used? For example, I've kind of taken a liking to Bedman from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- so I might want to make a character similar, but I'd like to make sure anyways. =P (note, I tend to take heavy inspiration from other characters when making these things cause my original creations tend to end up hilariously bland and generic)

It would depend on how unorthodox you want to get. I don't believe I will be approving doughnut powers, for instance. 

What I'm wondering is if this was actually opened up to other universes. Though I did not play it, I distinctly remember an RPG called The Gate which was fantastic at blended the Bionicle universe with other universes, i.e. General Grievous popped in at one point. I've always wanted to play in a Bionicle-based RPG that had arena-style combat that allowed for the pulling of other universes, seeing as I missed out on that one. So say the characters from one of the Stargate series appear due to shenanigans, and then Luke Skywalker flies/shenanigans in, then Spock, Booker Dewitt, Batman, Gordon Freeman, Walter White, the possibilities are endless. The entire basis of Bionifight says it's pulling contestants from other universes, and it could easily still be Bionicle based. Limit each RPer to one out-of-universe character, or make them rewards, or at the least have the PCs and named NPCs the only non-Bionicle characters and influences.

Or just keep it as Toa. I just really like asymmetrical fighting, and maybe I'm just too much of a fanboy. Take this with a grain of salt or Salt Lake City, your collective choice. =3

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

It would depend on how unorthodox you want to get. I don't believe I will be approving doughnut powers, for instance. 

:lookaround: Say what? 

Darn, I just lost my secret weapon. :P

Anyway, I would like to raise a cautious vote of confidence in Voltex's game. While he's had some interesting experiences doing that *cough*, I think this has enough of Bionifight (and he does know how to host Bionifight :)) to avoid the problems he had with previous RPGs. I think this forum should consider trying out this thought experiment. You never know until you try. 

Now I have to figure out what power I'm going to use... 

:lookaround: Say what? 

Darn, I just lost my secret weapon. :P

Anyway, I would like to raise a cautious vote of confidence in Voltex's game. While he's had some interesting experiences doing that *cough*, I think this has enough of Bionifight (and he does know how to host Bionifight :)) to avoid the problems he had with previous RPGs. I think this forum should consider trying out this thought experiment. You never know until you try. 

Now I have to figure out what power I'm going to use... 

If it helps, Blade has hosted a few RPGs (Aloft comes to mind), so we're certainly not lacking experience - and I am far more invested in Bionifight than I ever was with the Hero Factory line anyway (plus that was almost two years ago so yeah haha :P)

To add onto what Tex said about Aloft; it had its issues toward the end, but mostly because of things going topsy turvy busy right at the end of it, and I'm still saddened that its full potential wasn't lived up to, but live and learn. xP

If it helps, Blade has hosted a few RPGs (Aloft comes to mind), so we're certainly not lacking experience - and I am far more invested in Bionifight than I ever was with the Hero Factory line anyway (plus that was almost two years ago so yeah haha :P)

I'm biased both ways - I very much enjoyed playing Bionifight (:P), and looking over this game I can definitely say "I want to play." :evilgrin:

I just hope that the final result of the actual gameplay lives up to the gloriously awesome game description. :)

The asylum just died...  :( 

Who's dead? What happened?

Edited by Roman Torchwick

I'm aware of that. 

My headache and general tiredness keep me from giving Bionifight a proper go-over. However I feel the need to tell you guys that a Tournament RPG has yet to work in this forum

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

@Voltex Well, since I gave Bedman as an example, his main weapon is a bed. A bed eith spiky wheels and outfitted with cool weaponry and awesome stuff like that. His power is to leave behind a marki g after using certain attacks, and he can activate the marking to create a copy of that attack. If those kinda powers would be allowed, I think I'll have fun. =P

Also, any chance of an hyper/ultimate/whatever attack mechanice to be implemented? Basically, a way to give people the chance to use flashy, powerful moves one time. The Final Smash concept from Bionifight: Drift Force wasn't bad, it just needed a better way to be implemented....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

However I feel the need to tell you guys that a Tournament RPG has yet to work in this forum

/looks at Night Ride. /looks back to this post. /looks over to Day Run. /looks back to this post.

Really now... I would've thought that it had. =O

• Upvote 2